Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bmi
Topic Author

EK Economy...

Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:52 pm

Hey,
For my Birthday in June 2003, Im booked on a break to Dubai on Emirates from Birmingham (UK). Just asking for any comments on Emirates economy - any good? better than Virgins?

khi747

RE: EK Economy...

Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:24 pm

All good/world class airlines in the world have the saaaaaaame same same boring economy....no economy, no matter how much one can brag about it, can be enjoyable after 3 hours.....EK is just like all other economy classes like all good airlines.. just that their kind of food appeals more to me....

zizou

Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:41 pm

I back KHI747's comments... Emirates's catering is excellent. Denfinitely one of its strong points. You will most probably be on a A330-200. You will get a PTV with 40 channels of Audio and Video as well as some games. There has been a few trip reports on EK Birmingham flights. Maybe a quick read of one of those, will give you a better idea of what to expect. All in all. I am sure you will enjoy Emirates!  Smile

RickB

Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:43 pm

Bmi,

If your flight is on one of the A330's then it will be fine - 2-4-2 seat layout reasonable seat pitch and PTV's in every seat. If its onboard a 777 prepare for cramped conditions as its a 3-4-3 layout which means very restricted shoulder room (most people use 3-3-3 or 2-5-2 on 777's) - however the seat pitch is okay and you still get the PTV's in every seat.

777 is a great aircraft just dont know why Emirates hamstring it with a cramped economy layout !!

Service is ok - although I wouldn't class it as anything special - certainly not as good as VS/BA/SQ IMHO.

RickB

TonyBurr

Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:20 pm

Great Birthday gift! Enjoy!

Demoose

Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:51 am

As you know you'll be on the A330 from Birmingham. I've flown Emirates on their A330 from Manchester, 772 from Singapore and 773 to Bangkok. I thought economy was great and the best was on their A330 due to the less cramped seating. Inflight entertainment was great, loads of channels and computer games. The food is really good too, i still have the menu from my DXB-MAN flight (is that sad?lol). Cabin crew were really friendly too, seats comfortable and plenty of legroom for me, 5ft11. There's a trip report of mine in the other forum somewhere too. Whereabouts are you staying in Dubai? We got upgraded to a 5 star hotel as out inbound flight from Singapore was delayed by a day. Wonder if you'll be treated to an aborted take-off like i was on my return flight to MAN - finished a great holiday for me last year.

DEM
Take a ride...fly across the sky

Skymonster

Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:25 am

AS you've gathered by now, it'll be fine... Almost certainly an A330, and yes, IMHO, better than VS. The other good thing is that BHX is not EK's strongest destination, so there's a fairly good chance there'll be a few empty seats around which will allow you to spread out a bit.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

bhxforever

Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:31 am

"Skymonster" where did you get an idea like that? EKs flights from bhx are almost always, full, in fact why we regulary getting extra flights for more capacity, and why are they cosidering a second daily?

Demoose

Wed Dec 25, 2002 5:50 am

Just to add, all of Emirates routes to the UK are in high demand, my flight was completely full to Manchester and flights are fully booked over the christmas period including christmas day. My friend is having a tough job gettin back to the UK in the new year on any flight to the UK from Asia. BHX has also been getting double daily service to Dubai in the run up to christmas too showing that the DXB-BHX route does get some strong demand.

DEM
Take a ride...fly across the sky

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos