Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AerMickey
Topic Author

Witnessing Interesting Situations In The Terminal

Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:11 am

Ok, we have all been on weird or interesting flights. But let's go on the flipside. What is the most interesting or odd instance that you have witnessed inside of the airport terminal?

The time I reflect a lot would be the event that just happened last november. I was standing in at the counter of McDonalds at LAX and this gentleman standing next to me was in a black suit with shades on. When the employee of the golden arches went to hand him his food, I looked at him and it was Kevin Spacey.

Now that might be a cool moment, but let's hear your odd stories. Like fights or even celebs, or what not.

Mickey

brett80211

RE: Witnessing Interesting Situations In The Terminal

Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:21 am

I was in the gate area at GRB, I looked over and saw Melissa from Real World New Orleans talking to the gate agent.It was pretty cool.-Brett

co/ba

Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:26 am

I was in the elevator with Rene Russo, loaded Antonio Banderas' bags (he is a midget) saw Stevie Wonder walk thru my bagroom, threatened the Iron Sheik and asked Riddick Bowe to step outside. Those are the more famous ones. One of the funnier moments with a celeberty was watching Bam Bam Bigelow get on a Beachcraft.

jtamu97

Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:32 am

I was in a terminal one time on Christmas Eve when a guy got off a plane dressed in a Santa suit and all of a sudden another guy dressed as the Easter bunny came over and started whailing on the guy yelling...Why does everyone like you more than me??? Just Kidding Big grin Anyways, I saw Jim Kelly a long time ago in the baggage claim area in IAH. Nobody bothered him cause I do not think too many people knew or cared who he was. Also ran into Danny Glover at IAH in the old AA terminal..He was pissed cause his flight from DFW to Toronto was cancelled. Guess that is about it.
Propeller, we don't need no stinkin propeller

United_fan

Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:07 am

Last month while I was aiting in ORD for my flight to sunny MIA,I was listening to a guy calling someone about the status of his sick grandma. He eventaully found out that she died. I felt bad for him.
Also saw a FAA person introducing himself to the crew before we boarded.The captain made some odd announcements when we boarded.
"Suspicion is a matter of opinion"

clickhappy

Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:09 am

haha Bam Bam Bigelow was prob. bigger than the plane!

co/ba

Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:43 am

I was the only one who knew BAM BAM. Should have seen the stairs strain when he boarded.

Marara

Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:00 pm

On my last trip to scotland i witnessed a african woman putting a curse on all the passengers and crew on a Ghana Airways flight which was boarding next to us in DXB. It added a bit of intrest to the short stop in DXB. The woman was then sedated and taken away.

had quite a few more interesting moments but this was the one that stood out in my mind
I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. Jerome K Jerome

HlywdCatft

Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:07 pm

I have seen a lot of celebs come into DTW.

Of course a lot of local celebs like Red Wings, Lions etc...

but also seen The Rock, Chris Jericho, Trish Stratus, The Big Show and Victoria from WWE.

Should have seen the Big Show get into a taxicab, that was probably funnier than Bigelow getting on a Beech

I also seen Eminem, Nickleback, Limp Bizkit and the guys from Static X at DTW.

MD-90

Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:36 pm

Guess who was personally greeting people at the 1994 EAA Oshkosh convention? None other than Robin Williams. We pulled up in our motorhome around 9:00 PM, and this guy does a complete walk around. He comes up to the driver's window and tells Mom that he didn't see anything busted (we had the traditional "Oshkosh or Bust" signs in the windows). He was really short and had bright orange hair. Mom didn't recognize him, actually. He also commented on our bike rack and bikes hanging on the back. At that time he had a Trek 800 bike. When he walked off, my sister screamed "That was Robin Williams!"

He's a pretty decent chap.

Other than that, geez, the only person I think I've met in an airline terminal was my 9th grade science teacher once.

clipper471
Head Editor

Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:01 pm

Colin Powell.. Jun-8-1999.. IAD.. UAL.. while waiting to board a flight to BRU, Powell walked by, towards the LHR gate.

AS_GSC

Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:43 pm

the weirdest
Back in late 1999, I remember seeing a woman breastfeeding her cat as she was walking down the C Concourse in SEA.

the second weirdest
On Christmas Eve in 2000, we denied boarding to a woman for reporting late to the gate. As a result, she threw a poinsettia (including the pot) from the check-in podium across the lounge crashing into the window. For those familiar with SEA, this happened at D6.

Cheers!
AS_GSC

Lubicon

Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:04 am

On a A.A. flight from DFW-YYC-YEG a few years ago. The flight made a stop in YYC before continuing to YEG. There was an elderly Asian lady on the flight travelling alone to YEG who did'nt speak English. When we landed at YYC, she tried to get off the plane. The flight attendants managed to communicate to her to remain on the plane as this was not her destination. Upon pushback, the engine would not start and the flight was cancelled so we all had to get off and go through customs etc. It was quite an ordeal trying to explain to this lady what was going on. It was ~1:30 Am at this point so the terminal was deserted. They managed to find someone in the airport who spoke Chinese and he came on to the plane and explained the situation to her. Finally they got it all straightened out.

GARUDAROD

Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:10 am

1) Walking through ORD turned my head to look at the very attractive
woman walking by me, and literally ran into The INCREDIBLE HULK
(Lou Ferrigno), He is one BIG dude. Turns out the woman was his wife.

2)Sitting at PHX Sky Harbour waiting for delayed flight to LAX, had a
beer with Tony Granato and Rob Blake, then of the LA Kings. Funniest
part was watching this huge woman push Rob Blake out of the jetway
to claim the last open seat. If only she knew who she was man handling.
So we had another beer and caught the next flight an hour later.
Cargo doesn't whine, moan, or complain

AerMickey
Topic Author

RE: Witnessing Interesting Situations In The Termi

Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:10 am

Hey AS GSC,

I think that same woman who had flown into my town on United a few years back. 1999 sounds about right as well. On a flight coming in an attendant told us that a woman sitting towards the back was breast feeding a kitten. And believe it or not, on the same flight, for those of you who remember the headphones looking like stethoscope, a man stuck both ends of the parts that go in your ears up his nose and when the flight attendant came to his row to offer drinks, she looked at the man and smiled. But he said, "Yeah, I didn't think these things worked, but now I am getting the oxygen through them."

Mickey

AS_GSC

Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:59 am

Mickey-

I get the feeling that she does travel quite often and that she is local to SEA. I asked some agents at UA and CO and they were both aware of her....... granted without a cat. She was quite disheveled.

Seeing a woman breastfeeding a cat certainly doesn't happen everyday, but thankfully odd passengers do and that makes working in this industry well worth it!

Cheers!
AS_GSC

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos