Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ual767ord
Topic Author

United Survive?

Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:01 am

Do you think UAL will survive through war and bankruptcy?

N777UA

RE: United Survive?

Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:58 am

Providing this war doesn't last too long, and they get the concessions they need (which they most likely will, since the labor contracts should get wiped out), I think they have a decent chance.

777D

Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:10 am

Question for the a.net people.

With the past horror stories regarding UAL and also the stories praising UAL as well as their current financial situation.

Would you fly UAL?

I will not fly UAL for personal as well as professional reasons.

UAL in the past has treated the customer terribly and also their fares has been high at certain fortress hubs. Why would any of you want to support a carrier that has tried to gouge your pocketbook? They have changed there attitude only when they are faced with precarious situation. Shouldn't they be accommodating at all times?

For those who enjoy UAL, why would you fly with the potential that UAL will go under and leave you with nothing to show for your support?

Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:19 am

United staff have been working their asses off to save the company. The recent top management have done their best to destroy the company spirit and customer's trust in the company.

Cheers

Anders Nilsson

speedport

Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:41 am

With the past horror stories regarding UAL...

Horror stories?

Would you care to cite examples of these horror stories?

Dude, whatever UAL did to you; GET OVER IT.

AerMickey

Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:41 pm

I handled a customer tonight after a flight cancelled for ATC in ORD that was just in the same interests of 777d. When he was checking in he said, "United is not going to screw me over tonight, are they?" From the time I was hired at United, to the time I was furloughed from United and had to work for United Express I have never been rude to a single customer regardless of what they have thrown at me. I will never let them insult me without setting them straight, but I will never raise my voice and do so in a ethical manner.

Basically what I am trying to say here is that yes, every business has their few employees that don't seem to be enthusiastic at their jobs, but since the day I could walk, the first airline I ever knew of was United and only a few times have I ever been embarrassed by the way my co-workers have treated a passenger.

Yeah United's board of directors have made a lot of idiotic decisions in the last 7 years, and yes sometimes fares are too high, but times have changed 777 and I can tell you that the fares are more than competitive at this point(even those to Southwest). I cannot believe how many passengers regardless if their flight is the industry's lowest fare, they no longer think it is a privilege to fly on a plane, they think it is their right.

I am not trying insult you by any means. I just hope that your experience that you are judging UA was not by a weather delay. If it wasn't, I apologize by the way you were treated. But I guarantee you that operations are practically the same for each and every airline.

Good day,

Mickey

We are United!

Fri Mar 21, 2003 12:44 pm

For those of you who complain about the weekly NWA fleet renewal threads: at least it's better than the daily "Will UA Survive" threads!!!

MSYtristar

Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:09 pm

Every time I have ever flown with United, I've had one great experience after another. UA was my carrier of choice in 1998 and 1999 when I flew from PVD to MSY for my college breaks, which numbered about 4 roundtrips per year, and I just loved it. A whole lot of 727-200's, 737-300's, and 757's...even a DC10 thrown in there for good measure. Great service, always on-time, clean aircraft...United was just magnificent. I flew UA from MCO to PVD, via DEN and ORD, all in one day, in March of 2000....once again, superb!

United will survive.

Stephen in New Orleans

gigneil

Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:14 pm

If I were to avoid any airline that has tried to price gouge me, I'd only be able to fly low fares.

N

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos