Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jhooper
Topic Author

People Who Annoy You When You Fly

Tue May 06, 2003 3:28 pm

1. People who blatently stand up and walk about the cabin when the Fasten Seat Belt Sign is on.

2. People who don't seem to understand that Seat 15E on a 737 happens to be a middle seat, not a window.

3. Rude airline employees

4. Rude passengers
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

RE: People Who Annoy You When You Fly

Tue May 06, 2003 3:42 pm

The once a year families that have no clue how to fly and waste the airlines time with stupid questions.

Rotate

Tue May 06, 2003 3:51 pm

people, who think they are the only one on the plane and talk so loud , that u can listen to every spoken word, even if they sit five rows in front of you ....
ABC

fritzi

Tue May 06, 2003 3:59 pm

1. People who think that they deserve an upgrade when they ask for one and gets mad when they don't get one.

2. People who think that FAs are supposed to do everything a passenger asks for.

3. When the gate agent says that rows 15-32 are ready for boarding, and then suddenly someone from row 3 gets into line.

4. When you have a bunch of children screaming behind you and the parents don't even seem to care.

5. People who stick their legs out in the aisle, tripping everyone who walks by.

6. People who get up to go to the bathroom when the FAs have the meal carts in the aisle.

7. When you have a person sitting next to you who takes a shower whenever something green starts to grow on his body and who has never even heard of deodorant.

8. People who forget stuff in the terminal, causing a delay, when he/she finally finds it in his/her pocket.

9. Parents who allow their kids to run up and down the aisles, even though the fasten seatbelt sign is on.

10. FAs who make up their own FAA regulations.

CPH-R

Tue May 06, 2003 4:01 pm

AWA22,
for those people who only get to fly once a year, I bet it's a bit exciting. So if I were them, I would also be asking all sorts of questions.

I personally dislike passengers/people who feel they are too good to fly in Economy class, especially those who start whining (and I've seen quite a few A.net users do this too) when the seat pitch gets below 40.

XQ737

Tue May 06, 2003 4:04 pm

@ Rotate

You are so right! I was booked on a Lufthansa flight many month ago and there was a woman who laughed as laud as possible. All the other passengers (and I) were so annoyed!!
Stupid woman!!!

I hate passengers who run to the boarding gate (even the gate is not yet open) to be the first passenger on board with the thought there are not enough seats for all passengers.

jhooper
Topic Author

Tue May 06, 2003 4:20 pm

10. FAs who make up their own FAA regulations.

Yea, I like that one. Maybe they think FAA stands for Flight Attendants Association!

Yea, and I forgot to mention too the people who talk during the whole flight. I got stuck right infront of one of those people during both of my last two trips. Her giggle was the most annoying thing. Every few minutes I'd give the "please shut up" glare, but that just seemed to egg her on even more.

jcs17

Tue May 06, 2003 4:59 pm

You guys forgot:

The guy who decides he will sit in your seat because it is better (usually happens at an exit row). Then you walk up to him show him your ticket, and he gives you the evil glare and walks dejectedly back to his own seat. Cant you wait until the plane is in the air to move to a better location? Or if you really wanted the exit row badly, you shouldve gotten to the airport 2 hours before your flight, instead of waiting until the last minute to run up to the gate.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

EA CO AS

Tue May 06, 2003 5:18 pm

People who insist on striking up a conversation with you while you're trying to read, or even worse, trying to sleep.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

IndianGuy

Tue May 06, 2003 7:19 pm

1: People who insist on sitting where they are not supposed to: mostly a window seat. Even if it is 15 minute hop, they just plonk themselves into my seat and refuse to budge.

2: People who behave as though they have bought the whole goddamn aircraft. The kind which screams at the FA's and worse if the trays are a bit delayed in coming.

3: Parents who cant keep their kids in check. I have found that in India, Kids travelling alone are usually well-behaved, but when travelling with parents, they are unbelievable bratty.

-Roy

mf3864

Tue May 06, 2003 8:44 pm

Pet Peeves:

And these are worse now because of smaller planes, less frequency, longer layovers, and all flights jam packed.

1. People who come strolling onto the plane late, with 5 carry-on bags, and take 15 minutes to find a place to stow them. "What? there isn't any room in the overhead for my 8' long camera tripod?" "I have to use under the seat in front of me for my carry-on...NEVER... I'll just shove it up there and squash everything.

2. Somebody sitting next to me who insists on talking to me while I am trying to read, or sleep.

3. My seat is reclined, and I am sleeping. The person behind me gets up, using the back of my seat to heave their 350lb carcass up with. I get vaulted forward, and into the seatback in front of me, I am now wide awake. People do not know how to use their own chair arms to stand up.

4. The children kicking the back of my seat, throwing things over the seat, screaming, crying, being disruptive, and the parents ignore them.

5. When did the closets become for "First and Business only". I'm going to a meeting, I want to hang up my suit jacket, or trench coat. Sorry, you're in economy, no closet. I have to fold it up and hope it does not get wrinkled in the overhead...(after someone shoves 3 carryon bags up there and it ends up in a wad)

6. FA's who really need to change jobs. These are the types that are so miserable, they should go work in a warehouse somewhere and never come into contact with the public.

Tue May 06, 2003 10:53 pm

Spotters who give a running commentary on the aircraft's operation to anybody who will listen from the second they step on board.

LHR340

Tue May 06, 2003 11:52 pm

The little kids that will sit behind you and play with the food tray and kick the back of your seat!!!! I get that every time! Its really annoying. Also the people that come inboard with a really heavy hand-luggage bag and whack you over the head with it!! (or has that just happened to me??) and people that put there seats back right after take off, and put it up JUST before landing!!

LHR340
A340 LoVeR! EC-GQK - LHR The Bussiest International Airport & 3rd Bussiest In The World!

dvk

Wed May 07, 2003 12:13 am

4'10" women weighing 85 pounds who board the plane with huge roll-ons they could never get into the overhead bin themselves, making the helpless and hopeless attempt to lift the bag until it hits somebody's head or a FA or man comes to their rescue.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.

DIA

Wed May 07, 2003 12:24 am

1. The "I'm more important than you are" pax who use their cell phones long past the announcement notifying them to turn them off. So when they funally turn them off, they act disgusted that an FA has power over them. So they break out their laptop as soon as they are allowed and proceed to continue to play the role of "I'm almighty and important." (Here's where I come in)That's about when I'd like to lean over and say to them, "I can't believe they would put such an important person back here with the rest of us cattle." Then I'd motion, with my hand, over to an average "Joe" as if I were talking about him. Boy, I could see the steam coming out of their ears already. I have not had my chance yet, but I'm ready.

2. Unbehaved children

3. Smelly pax (they always seem to be from Boulder, CO)  Wink/being sarcastic

DIA
Ding! You are now free to keep supporting Frontier.

LPL

Wed May 07, 2003 12:57 am

Little Kids. I had the misfortune of travelling on a MAN - ATL flight with 20+ young schoolchilren. They shout to each other even though they're sitting next to each other, they kick your seat and run up and down the aisles.

People who delibarately sit in the wrong seat piss me off as well.

gkirk

Wed May 07, 2003 1:25 am

People pointing out that the plane they are travelling on is a Jumbo Jet, when in ffact it was an A320-200  Big grin

I dont like crying babies on a night flight either, but I wouldnt stop them from coming on as they have every right to be on that flight as I do.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

AS_GSC

Wed May 07, 2003 1:38 am

Any passenger who says to me seconds after I have just sat down......

"Let me tell you about the time I was rescued by the Lord! Have you found salvation my child?"

Cheers!
AS_GSC

ERFly

Wed May 07, 2003 1:57 am

1. People who talk over the announcements. I had a woman on my flight last night who was so loud. I was doing the Pre-Departure announcement and she starts yelling over me to everyone on the plane, "WHO WANTS PILLOWS AND BLANKETS?!" So I just raised my voice a bit on the P.A., and on this paticular aircraft, that causes a bit of feedback. Needless to say, it got everyone's attention.

2. People who try to stow their carry-ons in the Life Raft and Emergency Equipment bins that say very clearly NO STOWAGE

John

Wed May 07, 2003 1:59 am

Dipshits and chronic complainers....hehehe Big grin

crank

Wed May 07, 2003 2:24 am

People who put their carry-ons in your overhead bin space, last time I had to walk 10 rows back to find a place where to put my bag  Pissed

B747-4U3

Wed May 07, 2003 2:43 am

I have to say, I think children are th worse.

I was on a 17hr flight down to Bali, and I noticed that the two loud brats behind me happened to be seated 10 rows away from their parents. I guess the parents did not want to put up with their screaming all flight- so I had to instead.

Another thing that annoys me is being seated next to a large person. I know they cannot help it but they seem to take up most of my personal space around the seat so I am left all squashed up.

canadianpylon

Wed May 07, 2003 2:45 am

Any passenger who says to me seconds after I have just sat down......

"Let me tell you about the time I was rescued by the Lord! Have you found salvation my child?"

Have I found Jesus!! Hell, I'm still looking for Elvis! Nuts

I once sat next to a guy on flight from YUL to YWG and this is the conversation that followed:

FA: Sir, is there anything else I can get for you?
Guy: How about a BJ?
FA: rolls her eyes, and walks away
Guy: Looking over at me. HAHAHA! That was a good one, eh?

Me: trying desperately to get the FA's attention. Can I get a new seat, please?

Other people who annoy me:

1. When I sit in the aisle seat (of an AC 320), the other two schmucks beside me decide, one at-a-time, one after the other, that they need to use the bathroom. Up and down like a friggin yo-yo... It's worse if they are friends (yak!yak!yak!)

2. Non-rev little pricks (14 and under) who go around saying "My dad is mechanic for this airline (usually AC). I know everything there is to know about AC. I can't wait to fly on this Jumbo Jet to Toronto! You, Air Canada always uses Jumbo Jets from Winnipeg to Toronto. What do you know about airplanes! My dad works for Air Canada!" Unfortunately, this happened to me...

The list could go on and on, but that is enough for now...

CanadianPylon
"Get it? Got it? Good..."
Always looking for the longest route with the most transfers.

william

Wed May 07, 2003 2:55 am

1. Kids..................the bad ones..............uncontrolled BAD KIDS! (and considering they didn't pay for a ticket NO THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHTS!)

2. Bad kids.

3. Did I say bad kids?

bobrayner

Wed May 07, 2003 3:34 am

I don't mind children per se - I'm sure I was young once too. Kids often find flying to be fascinating and exciting, and find lots of excuses to run up and down screaming, annoying all the non-kids. That's part of life, really.

My problem is with the parents who let them do anything as long as mummy and daddy can watch the film or get drunk. The only time I flew as a kid, my parents kept me quiet with boiled sweets and a comic book.

Normally it's not worth losing sleep over, but "If you don't control your children, I will" proved very successful once.  Smile

Other people who annoy me when flying? The people with dozens of small bags, two jackets, an umbrella, and so on - who take ten minutes to stow / unstow everything in several overhead bins. Score bonus points for having lots of small objects in a carrier bag that empties itself during the flight, requiring an extra five minutes repacking in the aisle whilst everybody else waits to debark. These are usually the ones who can't find the relevant bit of paper when they reach checkin / ticket check / immigration / whatever; again, they score bonus points if they only start looking when they step up to the desk, after blithely queuing for a while.
Cunning linguist

Marcus

Wed May 07, 2003 3:48 am

I have found that in India, Kids travelling alone are usually well- behaved, but when travelling with parents, they are unbelievable bratty.

This is also true in Mexico, The US and on trasatlantic flights.
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

mandala499

Wed May 07, 2003 4:00 am

1. Pax who hit you on the head because he doesn't like you putting your seat back (despite the fact he slammed his seatback the person behind him during a meal) (Emirates)
2. Pax who scream to call the F/A (Emirates)
3. Crew who treat me like sh1t while treating the caucasian next to me like he's God (SQ)
4. Crew tells a passenger to clean his seat with a wet cloth during boarding because someone spilled a coke on the seat on a previous flight (Lufthansa).
5. Crew who insists that I was too young to fly alone and they arranged for me to be imprisoned in the UM room during a transfer (despite the fact I've done it many times on my own) (Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines).
6. Passengers who insists that we're flying in a 747 despite the fact it's an 767 or A340 (giving him the safety card resulted in him saying... "Naaa, that's a misprint") (Qantas, Kuwait Airways)
7. Crew who spilled hot coffee and tea on my lap (Indian Airlines)
8. Nuns who flirt just to p1ss Mother Superior sitting next to her (not sure if I hate the flirty nun or the mother superior) (KLM)
9. Crew that fought with each other (AWAir and SQ)
10. Passengers who sit on the middle seat and insists that they have the right to both sides of their armrests and tells you "you got a window, why don't you lean on it !" or "You got an aisle, you got more space than me!" (too many times)
11. Passengers who makes/receive cellphone calls on final approach (Too many times)
12. Passengers who sneak into the toilet to smoke when it's a smoking flight!(Alitalia)
13. Crew who lie to you (SQ)
14. Pilots who tells stories on past crashes of the aircraft type (SAS)
15. Annoying kids!
16. Elderly who thinks us young ones must give them the seats they want!
17. Passengers who does not want you to put your seat back at all in a 14hr flight (BA, KLM, SQ)
18. F/A who does not want to give you information on the plane's registration based on your nationality! (SQx1000)

Boy I complain too much !

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

ba319-131

Wed May 07, 2003 4:18 am

What annoys me?...

The person sitting next to me,I want an empy one please.

Kids.

Kids being sick.

Anyone being sick.

Drunks.

People who talk too loud.

People who want to talk to me.

People who drop their trash on the floor.

The person behind kicking my seat back.

The person in front reclining their seat.

Old grandma FA's(United & AA!)

Think thats about it.

111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

redngold

Wed May 07, 2003 5:18 am

I've got some simple solutions to some of these problems:

For the passenger who talks too loud: I join in the conversation.

For the rude flight attendant: I put each piece of trash into the trash bag separately, conveniently forgetting the last piece so that I can tap him/her on the back just as s/he moves to the next row.

For the annoying kid: I think of that as a teachable moment. Either the kid starts listening, or Mom/Dad decides to shield the kid from the weird lady across the aisle, solving my problem either way.

For the person kicking my seatback: quick and deadly recline into kneecaps works well.

redngold
Up, up and away!

deltairlines

Wed May 07, 2003 5:44 am

My personal favourite:

The family sitting right behind you (Seats 15 A-C) that decides to yell to the sister in 15F so they can carry on a conversation. Girl in 15A seemed to enjoy kicking my seatback, and the mother in 15B liked to announce to the cabin whenever she beat a level on GameBoy. After about two stares from me, they figured it out...shut up, because you're really annoying the rest of us.

I must also admit that I don't like people who think the MD-80 is a JumboJet. Please...it holds 142 seats, not 342.

People who need to do exercise on planes (ie walk down the aisle continuously). Yes, I've heard of Economy Class Syndrome, but not on a 2h30 minute flight from MCO to BOS.

People who are on the plane like they just got out of bed. I am not that interesteed in seeing your five sizes too small, ripped t-shirt with the ripped jean-shorts...

Jeff

copenhagenboy

Wed May 07, 2003 5:59 am

Everyone who stands up before the bird is at the gate

Tango-Bravo

Wed May 07, 2003 7:34 am

Flight attendants in the galley who whine and snivel about labor-management issues at a volume that can be heard from 10 rows away!

dinker225

Wed May 07, 2003 8:01 am

Smelly pax (they always seem to be from Boulder, CO)

DIA

Thats a good one DIA. I have also noticed this as it has happened to me on a few flights out of or into Denver.

-Kids that sit in front of you and stand on their seat and stare at you for a good 10 minutes before their parents tell them to turn around.
-Little kids that start reaching between the seats with an open cap marker and draw on your arm(happened to me a few too many times!)
-People sitting in MY window seat claiming it's his but holds a boarding pass that gives him the dreaded middle seat in the last row next to the lav.
-People that show up drunk and make annoying noises the entire flight(happened on an UA Express Flight, the guy clapped after the only F/A aboard finished the safety demo!)
-Employees that are really upset that the flight was too full and they had to take an Economy class seat home(UA flight from SYD-SFO. Her and her parents flew first class on the way down but no first class on the way back had to sit next to me complaining the entire 14 hour flight!)

Thats about it I think.

Dinker
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

Aviationman

Wed May 07, 2003 8:31 am

People reclining their seat during meal time.......Despite the announcements from the crew!

People standing in the aisle or going to the lavs during meal service with trolleys in the aisles...Again despite the announcements from the crew!

Passengers reading their newspapers during safety demo.

Passengers ignoring the seat belt sign when on.

They all get on my nerves!

DeltaMD11

Wed May 07, 2003 8:39 am

I have to go with DVK on this one.....little lady with the carryon about half her size and can't lift it into the overhead for the life of her, so she stops everyone from making their way to their seats until someone decides to help her (I've had to do this a few times for people). And please, dear God, anything but loud, and obnoxious people. It's good to talk and converse, but be mindful of the noise level for everyone elses sake!

Bryan
Too often we ... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

zrs70

Wed May 07, 2003 9:21 am

This is why I wrote about a code of conduct a couple of weeks ago. I seem to remember that most people shot it down!
21 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2021

Wed May 07, 2003 9:26 am

...The newly minted elites who want everyone in the terminal to know that they have elite status and can therefore board early.

I've been patiently in line waiting to board and had some guy straight out of billionaires boys club actually push me out of the way to cut in front. He looks up at me and says "I'm a Premier Member (UA)". I happen to be flying up in first that day (UA elite myself) so I didn't really care who got on in front of me as my only reason to get on early is to ensure overhead baggage space. A UA gate agent sees this prick and comes over to inform him that many of the people he has just cut in front of are first class or elites themselves. I look up at the agent, so this guy can hear me and say something to the effect of: "You know what, this might be this his first time flying by himself, let's let him feel special".

alvaro

Wed May 07, 2003 9:27 am

-People who are seating on my seat for some lame excuse such as being next to someone they know or because, they "thought" that was their seat, when they actually have the middle one assigned.

-Parents who can´t control their own kids.

Alvaro
IG: therealalvarosierra

zrs70

Wed May 07, 2003 9:37 am

PMCdonald,

I witnessed something similar a few years ago. When boarding a DL flight, two old ladies were in front of me at the gate. This schmuck pushes his way to the front and flashes his elite card. The gate agent looked him in the eye, put her back to him, and then smiled at the ladies and said, "Right this way please."
21 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2021

boeing 747-311

Wed May 07, 2003 9:57 am

Aviationman- what airline says that you arent allowed to recline your seats during mealtime?
Come fly with US

jsmith

Wed May 07, 2003 9:59 am

People who check in for flights then never bother to turn up to board when they are called, and called and called. The plane is being delayed by these people.

Sweet justice last month when I was flying out of SYD. A passenger had been repeatedly called and finally informed that he should turn up at the gate to be told where he could collect his offloaded baggage.

These people get repeated chances - some 15-20mins elapsed from the time he was first notified that he needed to board.

The airlines should be allowed to fine people who fail to board their flights when called (unless they have a legitimate reason for not doing so).

aa61hvy

Wed May 07, 2003 10:04 am

1. The aviation know-it-alls. The people who claim they know what all those noises are on the plane, and the people who are convinced that they are flying on a 747, even if it is only a 767.
2. The people who stand up just for the hell of standing up. Even if the flight is less than 2 hours long
3. The fat guy I somehow always sit next to.
4. The person who reclines their seat back. The whole way. I am 6'3'' even in AA's MRTC my knees still hit the seat in front of me. I cannot put my tray table down if the jack ass in front of me decides to recline the whole way.
Go big or go home

dinker225

Wed May 07, 2003 10:26 am

While I do agree that being tall and having the person in front of you recline their seat is annoying, isn't that what the thing was designed to do? Don't get me wrong, I hate it just as much as the next guy, but this is almost like the fat guy that wants to raise the armrest so that he can sit. I paid for my seat and I intend to use the entire thing that I purchased for that flight. The seat reclining is a part of what I paid for. Just show up a little earlier and request a bulk head or a seat behind the exit row of seats that don't recline.

Dinker

(Note: I will probably get flamed for this but I am 6'1 and I hate it just as much as the next guy but I find a flight to be more comfortable with my seat reclined. That being said, flame me all you want.)
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

fly_emirates

Wed May 07, 2003 10:47 am

1- Passengers who stands up during push back to grab something from the overhead, while the cabin is prepared for departure

2- passengers pushing their call buttons while Taxi and pushback or while waiting for taking off

3- School trip teenagers

4- Colleague flight attendants who think that they are queens or kings of the skies

5- passengers not admitting they are not on a window or aisle seat

AA 777

Wed May 07, 2003 12:12 pm

People who cant read their boarding pass. They think that the "1" in front of the "3" isnt there. So they just decide to sit in first class when they really have a coach ticket
A320

HAL

Wed May 07, 2003 3:01 pm

Boeing 747-311,
At Hawaiian, we've recently included that in the announcement as we begin meal service...something like:

Ladies and gentleman, we are about to start our meal service in the main cabin. For the comfort of those behind you, please raise your seatback to the full upright position for the short duration of the meal.....

I've had to deadhead on a couple legs the last few months, and the F/A's have been pretty consistent on making the announcement.

HAL
One smooth landing is skill. Two in a row is luck. Three in a row and someone is lying.

jhooper
Topic Author

Wed May 07, 2003 3:02 pm

ACS agents who really get on my nerves are agents who don't even know their own company policy, and I as a customer have to inform them of the policy (and obviously they don't believe me since I'm just a measly customer and they do this for a living, and then it's another several minutes before I can speak with a supervisor and clear matters up). I know policies change frequently, but I'm always sure I'm up to date on the latest written policy before I argue with the ACS staff.

bmi

Wed May 07, 2003 4:06 pm

hey,
the most thing that annoys me is when you are assigned a asile seat even when you made a specific request for a window and the bloke at the window (who checked in after you) has his ruddy blind down all the way!! its SOOOO annoying!

Im flying to Thailand tonight then onto Aussie at the weekend and routing back via SIN from MAN/LHR so lets hope i get windows all the way!

Mark

EGFF

Wed May 07, 2003 4:31 pm

That person that hangs, kicks and sticks there knees on the back of your seat and no matter how many times you tell them to stop they just keep going ...
Regards
Shaun  Smile
All together or not at all

707CMF

Wed May 07, 2003 5:03 pm

- The captain who denies me a jumpseat trip
- The other guy who wants to be the last one to board (that's usually me)
- My cow-workers.
- Utaflyinghigh
- People who take ages to de-plane (I like to be the last one, so I can snap a cabin shot)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos