Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

txagkuwait

RE: Wich Airline Do You Like The Best?

Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:06 am

The largest carrier of domestic passengers in the United States.

Southwest Airlines Co.

kevin752

Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:50 pm

1st American
2nd Southwest
International airlines
1st Lufthansa
2ndAir new Zealand
"Keep Climbing"

UPSfueler

Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:01 pm

Even though I am a United employee, I would have to say Northwest. Cant get enough of those DC9s!

Fly_ATA

Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:07 pm

I would go with the following:

US Carriers

1.) ATA ( gotta vote for my own carrier ya know)
2.) Continental
3.) Southwest

Aaron747

Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:18 pm

International - CX without a doubt. In three instances, I've had nothing but the *best* possible experience with them.

Domestic - jetBlue takes my crown. You sacrifice a bit with the legroom, but you're entertained, you have a Southwest-quality cabin crew and ground staff, and you're paying fares that downright cheat the majors  Big grin
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

9v-svc

Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:19 pm

Emirates Airlines .

This is the best airline which provides excellent services . Even through I do not really like the 3-4-3 configuration of the 777 , they make up for the great service and entertainment system provided by the airline .

Be good to yourself , Fly Emirates .

Airliners is the wings of my life.

Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:06 pm

I have to agree with Paddy. For a regional, Horizon has won quite a few friends.

I've flown both their SEA-PDX shuttle and their SEA-GEG shuttle which both have the Q-400 aircraft with two flight attendants. Getting chips and salsa plus microbrew served to 72 pax on such short flights is a chore, but these people do it with a smile. This aircraft works well with this particular demographic. Horizon, though, needs escalators in Seattle--the stairs to the tarmac are a killer when you've got luggage.

I've also flown Alaska Airline's 737-900 aircraft IAD-SEA. Nice! And they've got some *very* interesting pax flying out of Dulles.

Continental has the best food in first class IMHO. On a recent BWI>EWR>SNA upgrade, we feasted on perfectly cooked and seasoned breast of duck. And before landing, the flight attendant thanked *us* for our courtesy and shook each of our hands.

But my all time kudos for going beyond the call of duty goes to a DTW-DCA Northwest Airlines crew I flew with earlier this year. A passenger with an ulcer became ill in flight, and the plane had to be diverted to Columbus, Ohio. The flight attendants cared for the passenger until she was removed on a stretcher by paramedics, and then they resumed service cheerfully as if nothing had happened. When other passengers tried to thank and compliment them for their emergency nursing duties, they acted like it happened every day.
 Big thumbs up

FlySSC

Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:27 pm

Big thumbs up : BA, LH, EK, MEA, UL, JL, UA (International), JetBlue= Love

Sad : Olympic Airways, IB, Egypt'Air, TG, TP, AA/UA/NW/DL (domestic)

high_flyr69

Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:41 pm

my fav domestic in australia is virgin blue. nice flight attendants, cheap air fares, nice clean new aircraft and a different kind of in flight entertainment. Sure you miss out on the so called free meal which tastes like dog food anyway but u truly get what you pay for and you get it effeciently.
(besides any airline with a part owner who can take the ass out of geoff dixon like sir richard did is in my top 3 anyway)
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice Doggy' until you find the shot gun

langfordkyle

Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:58 pm

I have to go with Frontier. I like The Early Returns Program Due to Only 15K Miles per Reward. Nice Now they Have a Credit Card Program. Plus, their hub is my home.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos