Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jpetekyxmd80
Topic Author

Amazing Race Final Tonight!

Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:30 am

Dont forget, the final episode of this go around of the amazing race on CBS. The 3 teams most likely will head to the US from Australia in this final leg to the finish for a million. good show
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

upsmd11

RE: Amazing Race Final Tonight!

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:18 am

It's final. Chip and Reichen won the race. 'nuff said.

John

MAH4546

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:23 am

Upsmd11, don't forget that only the Eastern US knows this. I would suggest you edit your post because a West coaster may accidently have the thrill of it ruined for them. It was a great episode.
a.

FLY777UAL

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:27 am

...and there went the ending for us out west  Smile

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

AirVB

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:31 am

Thanks a whole bunch upsmd11!  Angry

Continental

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:40 am

It was a great show! I love sitting down on Thursday nights for an hour and watching the Amazing Race. The flying part is an added bonus, but I think the show itself is really entertaining! I'm glad Chip and Reichen won, I think that Kelly girl is a jerk! Fun show, can't wait to see season 5. The cool thing is, is that this show hasn't fadded like Survivor!

co

jrlander

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:42 am

I love that, once again, it was flight choices and mistakes that made the difference. (not going to give any more away until after the show airs out west).

chepos

Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:20 am

Congrats to the 3 teams that made it up to the very end of the show, not an easy race.
Way to go Reichen and Chip.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

MAH4546

Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:15 pm

The cool thing is, is that this show hasn't fadded like Survivor!

The show has a very loyal following, acceptable ratings, has been nominated for an Emmy, and is very cheap to produce (which means it does not need to substain Friend-like ratings to be a hit). It's been great for CBS, and the franchise will continue. However, Survior has anything but faded. It's not eh "50M tune into finale" show anymore, but it again has very acceptable ratings and is very cheap to make.

I will say, though, IMO, no reality TV show (and, yes, I like reality TV) can match The Amazing Race. It really is the best show on television (well, excluding HBO. But that's not television...it's HBO!).
a.

aussie747

Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:16 pm

thanks for the post, back home in OZ we just watched the episode when they were in Vienna - how behind the times we are!!

Boeing757/767

Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:05 pm

Yes, very good show. Interesting how the groups who did Cairns-NRT-HNL were in the running versus the team that did Cairns-SYD thinking there were more connections to HNL.

What won it for the Chippendales was 1. Getting the address of the USS Arizona anchor and 2. Getting seats up front on the Hawaiian flight from HNL-PHX.
Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

fxra

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:47 pm

SO, how does one get themself on this show?? Last night was the first time I caught an episode, and I'm kicking myself for not having watched it before. Maybe i can catch some re-runs. Later

jd
Visualize Whirled Peas

mt99

Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:02 pm

Meanwhile... Atop of a Hawaiian Volcano...
Step into my office, baby

MAH4546

Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:12 pm

Fxra, CBS has not signed a fifth season yet, but it is extremely likely they will. The fourth season, once again, peformed well ratings wise. You can check the Amazing Race pages at http://www.cbs.com. When the fifth season is signed, look for an application on the website.
a.

Northwesta319

Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:28 am

There is information on the Amazing Race 1-4 on
www.realitytvworld.com

N751PR

Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:27 am

Loved the a/c shots while watching. Big grin
"Ladies and Gentlemen it's happy hour. You will get two approaches for the price of one."

SQ772

Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:11 am

Just caught the final leg tonight in Singapore...exceptional...would have been more exciting if all 3 teams ended up in Atlanta together. It must have been really emotional for the winning team to finish the race. It was a tough race...especially the India leg! Can't wait for AR5!
There's always a better way to fly...

richierich

Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:30 am

I don't think CBS has committed to a 5th Amazing Race yet, although I sure hope they do. It is my favorite show to watch!

As far as cheap to produce, it is not as inexpensive as other reality shows, such as Survivor, Who Wants to Marry, and the garbage Fox puts out. All that travel, plus having adequate crew, facilities and vehicles in all locations around the world is no small bill. Then the hours and hours and hours of tape have to be edited and put into sequence so that it makes sense to follow. And there is the $1 million prize at the end.. still it has to be cheaper to produce than 30 minutes of a certain sitcom, where 6 'friends' each demand $1million or so per episode!

Good finale.. I can't believe the 'goats' took themselves out of the race by opting to fly to Sydney. They were just saying how they hadn't made mistakes like the other teams and then they make what has to be the biggest blunder yet in AR history! I liked Kelly and Jon because they at least added some spice to the show. My favorite team was the clowns who were the last eliminated... I actually felt sad to see them go. Oh well. Congrats to Chip and Reichen for staying on the road (sort of) and pulling it off! They worked well together, and with some good thinking and good fortune in the finale, deserved to win!

I hope CBS will take up an AR5. Hopefully it will be in a more beneficial time slot, so that it does not go against Must See TV's premiere lineup. Leave that to Survivor!
None shall pass!!!!

AirVB

Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:48 am

This must be my favorite show on TV-I started watching it only because I read about here on the forum, but I'm glad I did. I love all the airplane/airport shots (even though they may be slightly incorrect-like a 747 landing at Kona) and all the excitement and suspense involved. I hope CBS renews it though I read that it was still up in the air at this point. Congrats to Reichen and Chip.

AirVB

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos