Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WNfan
Topic Author

ATA Ad At Pac Bell Park In San Francisco

Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:10 pm

At Pac Bell Park in San Francisco, ATA bought space on the rotating ad boards behind home plate that are highly visible from the centerfield camera views of the pitcher and batter. They are being displayed during the 10th inning at 10:10pm Pacific Time.

This seems like a great place to advertise their product out of SFO. Well done ATA, and good luck with your service from SFO to HNL, MDW and EWR. The one-way walk-up fare of $249 from SFO-EWR is fantastic.

DeltaSFO

RE: ATA Ad At Pac Bell Park In San Francisco

Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:50 pm

Yeah, I was at the Giants game the last two nights and it was "ATA Night."

Everybody in our section was laughing about that.
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

Fly_ATA

Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:04 pm

Why would eveyone be laughing about that ?

ntspelich

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:23 pm

Here in Pittsburgh, ATA sponsors about every fourth or fifth instant reply on the jumbotron at PNC Park. No permanent singage though.

NS
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

BlatantEcho

Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:31 pm

The ATA ad was seen throughout the game last night. Been visible a lot this homestand..

In any event, if anyone is unaware, they have a nice tagline in "An Honestly Different Airline"

completelt off topic: Bonds hit another walk off homer last night.

George

Tom in NO

Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:49 am

Yep, caught the ad on TBS's broadcast the other night.

Again, off topic: did catch the Braves' comeback last night, but didn't stay up for the end. Sounds like 3 exciting games in a row. I'll bet these two play each other in the post-season. No one in the NL holds a candle to either the Braves or the Giants. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever goes to the Series takes the whole thing.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

DeltaSFO

Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:41 am

It seems to me that people laughed because they don't take ATA very seriously. No offense intended, I'm just reporting what I saw.

I have to admit that I was a little surprised because Giants fans tend to be an extremely upscale crowd for baseball. They seem more like the kind of demographic one of the Big 3 would want to advertise to.

On the baseball side, it was an outstanding series and I was fortunate enough to go to the first two games. Tonight, Dontrelle Willis pitches at Pac Bell and I'm excited to be going to that one.

About Bonds's second walkoff last night, as much as I enjoyed that, I really wish Felipe Alou had left Jason Schmidt in there, so he could get his fourth complete game shutout of the year. I mean, come on, the guy is chasing the Cy Young award and this no decision will hurt him. Tim Worrell is slumping I guess.

Even though the series ended in a sweep for the Giants, all three games were decided by a run and were very exciting. I think we're going to see an epic, 7 game NLCS this year.
It's a new day. Every moment matters. Now, more than ever.

Fly_ATA

Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:24 am

well...based on load factors they take ATA pretty serious !!

ATA767

Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:58 am

Its called public relations. This is an area that ATA has not used much in the past to substantiate its presence in the market and in the minds of the traveling public. We are already established in the industry and have our own market share but need to create a JetBlue or Southwest frenzy. You will see it pay off in the future when people won't laugh but applaud.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos