Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

planesarecool
Topic Author

Virgin Flight/Holiday Vouchers

Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:01 pm

Hi, i recently made a small complaint to Virgin Atlantic about the small issues i had on my recent flight from LAX-LHR. They kindly replied and offered me £50.00 worth of Virgin Atlantic vouchers.

Now this christmas we are looking to fly back to Los Angeles, so while i was surfing the net yesterday we found the cheapest flight was a Continental codeshare which was actually operated by Virgin Atlantic (The price was £1065.20 for 4 people return!!!). So does anybody know whether the Virgin vouchers would be accepted for a flight which is booked through Expedia and booked for Continental Airlines but is actually operated my Virgin Atlantic?(i hope you get what i mean Big grin)

Thanks
Stephen

Sabena 690

RE: Virgin Flight/Holiday Vouchers

Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:50 pm

I don't know about this kind of vouchers, but I read that, people who got a 80£ voucher of BA, can only use this voucher on flights operated by VS, and not on any heavy 'Net discounts' they offer on the VS website (or something like this).

Can't you book the same flights for the same price via the VS website?

Regards
Frederic

planesarecool
Topic Author

Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:35 pm

Nope, because it's "operated by Continental," and is booked via Expedia. If i booked it on the Virgin Atlantic website, it would cost £350 more, for the same flights

ntspelich

Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:32 pm

My experience with these types of vouchers (from other airlines, not VS) is that you have to book through them, either on the phone or at a ticket counter. The only time I was able to use one online was with NW.

Not sure about the codeshare though.

NS
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

planesarecool
Topic Author

Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:37 am

Oh right, okay then, thank you for your response.

Regards
Stephen

nickofatlanta

Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:44 am

You would definitely have to use these on VS-coded flights. There is no way that CO is going to accept VS vouchers for a flight that they are selling using their own code even though it is operated by VS - Continental dollars yes, but not a Virgin voucher! Of course, the situation could work the other way around and you could theoretically book a VS-coded CO-operated flight for less than a CO-coded CO-operated flights using your VS voucher. Unfortunately, not apparently this time.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos