Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zippyjet

Who Will Launch The 7E7 AKA Dreamliner?

Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:43 pm

For selfish reasons, I hope it is my company; AirTran Airways. We launched the 717 and are investing in 100 737 7 and 800 series birds. However, if I had to bet on this the "widget" will be on the tail of this new jet. Like one fellow enthusiast stated; it is very early in the game for speculation but, I feel it will be Delta. If this were the good old days of commercial air travel Eastern would have been the carrier rolling out the "Dreamliner." I still hope Boeing will assign this bird a 7 series number; The Boeing 787? Stay tuned. Also the way things rapidly change in commercial aviation there is always the chance that an HSCT (Hypersonic Commercial Transport) may be the future flight path of Boeing. And one never knows; Lockheed Martin could get back into the commercial airliner business.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve this message!

matt777

RE: Who Do U Think Will Be Launch Customer For 7E7?

Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:50 am

"Alitalia for sure.

All the B763 fleet is on leasing and when they took delivery of the last B772 they said they are looking also to replace the B763 in the nearest future."

Yup!  Big thumbs up
I can't wait to see the AZ colors on the 777-300ER  Laugh out loud
Regards,
Matt.

Shenzhen

Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:02 pm

"Isn't it a little early to think about this? Not even the guys at Boeing know for sure what this plane will end up to be. Before it get's launched there will be massive changes yet in it's specifications as the plane will end up to be not as perfect as Boeing claims today..."

Actually, if history is an indicator... New Boeing airplanes usually beat performance specifications that were provided before flight test.

One just need to look at the 777-300ER.

Boeing is usually conservative on predicting a new airplane's performance.

ckfred

Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:14 pm

Provided that business improves, American is a strong possibility for three reasons.

One, some of their 767s are around 20 years old. They are probably nearing the end of their service life.

Two, if the 7E7 has a flight deck that is similar to the 777, then this would reduce training costs.

Three, American has a long-term contract with Boeing that allows it to order planes on an "as needed" basis. There is no fixed number of aircraft types in the contract. American is still obligated to buy several hundred airplanes over the next 15 years, so if AA believes that the 7E7 can replace the 767, as well as fly longer routes that are too thin for 777s, they will probably jump on board.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos