Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kilavoud

RE: Why Do You Love Lufthansa?

Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:35 am

Because LH will give wings to my body in two weeks to meet again my family in South India. Good Night ! Kilavoud.

A330Fan1

Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:37 am

They have some cool headrests on their B747-400s...they move around and such, to help relax the head / neck...and during flight, they play a video that describes how to relax your body...pretty cool!

-A330Fan1

Sabena332

Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:49 am

I love LH because...:

• ...their cheap fares within Germany as well as to many other European countries.

• ...their coffee automates at the gates.

• ...it is a safe airline.

• I hate LH because...:

• of the always unfriendly and arrogant staff and for their lack of customer service, LH treats Economy Class passengers like cargo on their flights.

• ...of their quasi monopoly status here in Germany.

• Patrick
    NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Paddy

Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:05 am

UA777 said:

"- acts kind of as a "German ambassador to the world"

*****************************************************************************************************
    You can say that again! I went to my local Oktoberfest (in Mt. Angel, Oregon) last weekend and there were big Lufthansa banners all over the wine garden(nice to see them sponsoring things here in the states). Along with the cheesey "stadium" band and the good beer, it made the whole thing much more German!

CV990

Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:06 am

Hi!

I respect LH as an airline and their past. But if I have an option I'll never fly on LH, I rather preffer BA or eventually SWISS! Why?
    Because BA have better airplanes than LH, BA have better connections to almost anywhere in USA ( LH uses UA a lot and I don't know if UA will last long...). Finnally BA guys are extremely nice on board and I always enjoyed flying with them so why change?
    SWISS I like because everybody is trying to put them down, and LH wishes to buy them! Besides that SWISS and Swissair are the airlines I flew most in the past ( side-by-side with BA ) and because I've been well treated I'll never changed them for LH!
    regards
    CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

ObiThomas

Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:40 am

I like them because they help when you need help, and they stay out of your way when you don't. A lot of folks say they don't like Lufthansa because they lack "personal" touches like calling you by name in business class or whatever. Maybe so, but on one occasion when my wife flew by herself, the flight attendant helped her with her bag to the overhead stowage. On a similar flight she took on BA, the flight attendant told her, "If you can't lift your bag over your head, you should have checked it." My wife replied, "Or maybe I should have booked Lufthansa instead."

The service is like driving a German car  Smile/happy/getting dizzy High performance but in the background; saves your a-- when you need help.

CV990

Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:14 am

Hi!

That's funny what you said about BA! Maybe they were in a bad mood. I instead had great times with BA, once almost all my flight from LHR to YYZ a F/A was joking around with my kid, offering candies and chatting with him, and again you see at least any F/A that can actually speak your native language, you look to their tags and have french, spannish, portuguese, and even pakistani, all nice and cool F/A's. And of course most of their long-haul airplanes have PTV's ( 744's and 777's ) and the food they give is just excelent! So I think you just had a bad F/A, but that can hapen with LH too. Now if we talk about cars, yes the LH is maybe like a german car but quite spartan, the UK cars have the same features as the german ones but.... they're more refined!!!
    Regards
    CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

717fan

Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:27 am

I like them because they are the second biggest airline at Zurich and because they still operate Boeing and Airbus planes.

aloges

Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:57 pm

I hope to love them in the not so distant future for attaching wings to my shirt!
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

DoorsToManual

Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:01 pm

Oh come on guys, let's not idolise LH too much, they're not that good!  Big grin

AMS

Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:26 pm

I flew yesterday KIX-FRA-AMS on a A340-300 and a 737-300.

The A340-300 had nice seats in Y class, but the seat pitch was a little tight.
    I have to say that the inflight service was quite good!

Also LH has a wide choice in wines and spirits! and also offers a mini bar service on their 747-400 aircraft, and in the back of the aircraft on A340.

FRA airport is a little old, but can offer fast connections.
    I think that the LH product is quite good, however the seat pitch can be a little better!

regards,
    AMS

StarFlyer

Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:01 pm

Mostly decent service, very reliable and safe airline. As a frequent flyer I get to use their lounges even when I fly in the back of the bus. If the price is right I will fly them but i dont hesitate to fly other airlines!
    Yours truly - StarFlyer

will

Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:14 pm

Simply…Professionalism and Service…

Will….

Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:34 am

Sabena-Patrick: "I hate LH because...: of the always unfriendly and arrogant staff and for their lack of customer service, LH treats Economy Class passengers like cargo on their flights.
    ...of their quasi monopoly status here in Germany."

Always unfriendly? I never had problems with them. And what are Economy Class passengers? A representitive from an airline in Kazakhstan told me: 2nd class passengers are what they paid for: they ARE 2nd class.
    If you pay less, you get less than a busi- or first-class-passenger.
    I flew busi from FRA to YVR and there were still seats available. Stewardess came in with a lady, she wasn't one, almost 2 persons and had problems with eco-seats. So she got offered a seat in Business-Class. Then the lady asked if her husband can join her in busi. Stewardess denied (fortunately).

Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:41 am

Aloha: "Is Germany invading Switzerland? "

No, we never planned. We buy companies in other countries (as many nations do, also the american) and don't attack them - as others do.
    That is why we learned from our history.

wernair

Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:49 am

I love LH because they are flying daily direct FRA - PHX, they are often in GRZ and because LH is still Boeing customer...

View Large View Medium
    Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Werner Horvath
    View Large View Medium

Photo © Werner Horvath

View Large View Medium

Photo © Werner Horvath
    View Large View Medium

Photo © Werner Horvath

Regards,
    WERNAIR
    Wernair Photography

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos