Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Amir
Topic Author

Air Lanka (UL)

Thu Dec 30, 1999 10:51 pm

Any travel experience with Air Lanka?

I only took them once and had a damn good flight! it was in 1996 from Dong Muang (BKK) to Kai Tak. It was a 340-300. Though in coach, the flight was a one ot remember, very nice FA's, very helpfull and professional.
I wonder if this is the standard with UL?

RE: Air Lanka (UL)

Fri Dec 31, 1999 3:23 am

Is that standard for UL? To be honest, no. We've flown UL from DXB-CMB on TriStar's and A320's, and then from Colombo to Male,Maldives.

I don't think there was ONE time when the flight was delayed for less than 2 hours, and twice the flight was cancelled because of "technical errors". Serendip Club (or J-class) ain't that good either. On the alcohol side they only offered some "Arrack" (coconut liqueur-but it was very good!) Because they are notorious for delays, we use EK to CMB now. However, I hear things are getting much better there (i.e. delays less than 30mins.-that's good for UL!)

When I was in CMB in August, I saw UL's A330, with a UAE reg.(A6-EKH). EK are now desperately trying to revive UL-new livery, axing F-class etc. I wish them the best of luck; yes the FA's are really nice, it's the management that need a good kick up the rear!

Amir
Topic Author

RE: Air Lanka (UL)

Fri Dec 31, 1999 2:56 pm

Hi Alexander,

well, then i was lucky! i think their tie up with EK will improve the overall situation, EK is not fool to invest without return. I have heard a lot from friends in India that UL is overbooking like hell on their flight from Indiea-CMB to ensure a full load!!!!!
did you ever experience Qatar Airways (QR) i only flew them once (MUC-DOH) in C/CL. (A300-600) and i was quite imoressed. Any other info?

so, you are living in DXB! how nice i have been there many times before.
wish you all the best, take care!