Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EGGD
Topic Author

Common Aviation Related Mistakes By General Public

Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:06 am

Hi guys,

I was just wondering, we quite often see mistakes made by the mass media and by our friends and family, and other people we meet at airports or on flights. But what are the most frequent mistakes made by those who aren't knowledgeable when it comes to Aviation.

Obviously the first that comes to mind for me is mistaking aircraft for other aircraft, pointing out planes to children and naming them wrong, sometimes I guess its out of ignorance but its still pretty funny.

The one that I see most often is when i'm in an aircraft and as the aircraft is banking someone says 'wow look at the flaps move' when they are quite clearly ailerons (I mean honestly, how could someone make such a mistake  Big grin). Sometimes I feel like telling them they're wrong but you know, it could get quite tiring after a while..

Calling the flight officer the captain is another one that happens alot.. I dunno, i'm pretty tired, what ones can you guys come up with?

cancidas

RE: Common Aviation Related Mistakes By General Public

Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:10 am

they make these mistakes because they don't know anything about aviation. usually they are too damn ignorant to learn the damn reality!
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

rockyracoon

Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:19 am

yeah, people think any old plane is a 747

Tim
Airports I've flown from: CVG PIT DAY JAX MWO PHL PHX ORD DCA IAD MIA TPA MCO FLL ATL DTW DFW SJC LAX DEN SLC LAS HNL LIH OGG YVR GYE MUC ICN NRT PVG SHA SZX MNL PPS CRK BKK DMK KBV EOH MDE CLO CTG SMR BOG ACD MEX CUN MID AUA SAL RTB

Korg747

Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:33 am

//yeah, people think any old plane is a 747//

No, every single aircraft in the world is a 747.
Please excuse my English!

MSPXJGuy

Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:52 am

I thought every plane out there was a 747. I always love when a person comes up to me and asks me for an exit row on our ARJs and im like there aren't any and their immediate response is "Is it a prop?" Its like see that plane sitting out there, those sure don't look like props to me.

I have too many things that people are stupid with. Especially being a gate agent. One person asked me where the bathrooms were and I told her she responded it was for only handicapped people because it was a companion care bathroom. Then when i told her that she came back with there isnt a sign on if it was for a male or a female. Told her one person was allowed in there at a time and to lock the door and it would be ok.

Also have a lot of people that think that the time on the board means the time the plane is going to start boarding so they freak out when they here final call and they have their food in hand.

The worst though was when I was boarding a flight and was like boarding rows 10 and higher and this person came up in row 7 and wanted to board and i told her that we weren't boarding her row yet and she responded what do you mean 10 and higher. I then said 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. A Guy behind her started laughing and said "Oh my God" really loud so the lady heard. After that I have started saying rows 10 through 15

Beefmoney

Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:05 am

This is funny because it came up in school today.

We were in history, and our history teacher wrote "1787" on the board, and told us we needed to remember that year. She then wonders aloud about an easier way to remember that date. One of the girls pipes up and says "Isnt the 787 a plane?". Teacher responds with "No, thats the 747". The funny part is that as soon as she said that, every kid in the classroom looks at me like I am going to go punch the teacher, because they know that sort of thing is one of my pet peeves.

But, that also happened before, when my Bible teacher (an ex USAF T-38 and KC-135 pilot), made a remark that was somthing like "Those airline pilots, they are like bus drivers, just driving people around" and then he made a "retarded face" and let his tongue hang out while babbling nonsense. All the kids looked at me and said "ooooooooooooooh", like I was going to flip out and challenge him to an ILS or somthing.

I still dont like him.  Smile

IflyORL

Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:07 am

Great topic.

I always love it when the father is talking to his kids and wife and is explaining everything you can imagine about flying to them but getting it completely wrong. I am always tempted to say something but I don't want to embarrass them.

Another thing that bothers me is when the airplane begins its decent and the flight attendant come on and says "the captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign signifying that we have been cleared to land." what's that about how can you possibly be cleared to land at 30,000 feet?? Is there a reason for that?

Skymonster

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:22 am

EGGD said: Calling the flight officer the captain is another one that happens alot..

OK Mr "I'm an Expert and don't make mistakes", what's a Flight Officer?

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

JAL777

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:30 am

The offspring of the Flight Engineer & First Officer. Big grin

neilalp

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:36 am

The news, "The planes sat on the runway for up to 3 hours during the storm." Why yes that would make landing kinda hard. I think they mean the tarmac.

elwood64151

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:51 am

Neilalp:

You mean the "ramp", right? ;D

Flight Officer is a perfectly valid name for the First Officer. There are a few airlines where this is their name (though the particular ones escape me for the moment).

Anyway, my particular pet peeve is when people say that all flights change in Chicago or Atlanta. While there is certainly a disproportionate number of connections in those two cities, there are certainly more connections made elsewhere.

I also like it when my brother mixes up the L.1011 and the 727. He still frequently makes this mistake.

Also, a lot of people think that there's only one kind of Airbus. All Airbus aircraft are just "An Airbus", not an "A320" or "A330". No fan of Airbus here, but that just annoys me. I know very little about cameras, but I know not all Canons are the same.
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

FlyPIJets

Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:51 pm

Many years ago, more than one person had asked me if anyone other than Eastern Airlines flew the whisper jet (as if that were an a.c type rather than marketing solgan). Quite a successful thing to slap on their A/C if you ask me. (Of course how many airlines fly the Super 80  Nuts )

There are still quite a few people the think any single engine piston is a Piper Cub.

All light jets are Lear Jets.

No matter where an a/c is in a traffic pattern, it called final approach.

And I had one person ask me why don't they just number runways consecutively rather than using random numbers. People are usually surprised to find out runway numbers are approximate magnetic headings.

Jet fuel is not a form of gasoline, but a form of kerosene. When people learn this, they usually respond by saying, oh, yeah, that IS what the airport smells like.

Smile

Rex Kramer: Get that finger out of your ear! You don't know where that finger's been!

VS340

Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:07 pm

I recently met a guy who was convinced that a New 737 is worth 200,000 dallars, and no matter how hard you tried to convince him otherwise, he wouldnt budge on it.

JBirdAV8r

Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:17 pm

"IT WAS 10 FEET OVER MY HOUSE!!!!"
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

POSITIVE RATE

Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:23 pm

I recently met a guy who was convinced that a New 737 is worth 200,000 dallars, and no matter how hard you tried to convince him otherwise, he wouldnt budge on it.

Haha, should of let him know you can't even get a 1960's model Citation for that price(maybe if you're very lucky).

pilotpip

Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:29 pm

A few of my favorites:

Loose an engine= you burst into flames and fall out of the sky.

Decompression= burst into flames and fall out of sky while people get sucked out.

Doing stalls, you shut off the engine in flight(yeah, I can see how that is hard to understand to somebody that's not into aviation I just get sick of explaining it)

Loose an engine on a single engine aircraft, you fall out of the sky(those things called wings, they still produce lift)

Flying is dangerous (riding the bus has a higher likelyhood of being fatal)

But, flying isn't as easy as driving a car as some of my friends seem to think.

It's not a tarmac. It's a R-A-M-P. Tarmac was a tarred paper that was used by the US army to make ramps and runways quickly during WW-II as the front line progressed and air support needed to be moved closer to battle.

DMI

Tiger119

Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:39 pm

Off topic (slightly), but I was wearing one of my AOPA caps in a store the other day and the cashier asked me, "Do you fly?"

My pet peeve is terminology. People use the wrong terms or phrases like they know what they are talking about.
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

EGGD
Topic Author

Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:28 pm

Big grin

a340pilot

Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:40 pm

"""recently met a guy who was convinced that a New 737 is worth 200,000 dollars, and no matter how hard you tried to convince him otherwise, he wouldn't budge on it."""

200,000 dollars for a new 737?????? Hell, Ill take one! Send me the papers and ill put it to good use  Big thumbs up  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Best regards,
a340pilot

PS- ill take one of those big "double Ones".....You know......474 or 740, 747.....1234's whatever its called for 500,000 too!  Nuts
Go! Canucks Go!

high_flyr69

Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:13 pm

I really hate how every un aviation educated man and his dog thinks that every plane that doesnt have props is a Jumbo Jet.
high_flyr69
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice Doggy' until you find the shot gun

GulfstreamGuy

Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:17 pm

"Your Airline LOST My Bag and now I need my medicine !!"  Pissed

First of all, we didn't LOSE your bags. The bag simply missconnected it's flight and will (9.999 times out of 10) be here within the next 12-24 hours. Depending on where it's coming from it could be on the next flight.

These are more like pet peeves but passengers who (and MSPXJGuy and any other airline gate or customer service agent can back me up on this) pack items of great importance to them in their checked luggage. Obviously one of the airline's goal is to get the passengers baggage to the passenger's final destination when that passenger arrives, but sometimes things do happen and the bag doesn't arrive when they do.
The bottom line is this... DO NOT pack items in your checked luggage (ie, Heart medication, car keys, money, passport, etc) that you will need in the event your bag arrive slightly later than you do.

Just putting in my 2 cents..
GulfstreamGuy

p.s. For all you airline employees.. is it just me or does the majority of passengers who's bags are missing, contain clothes for a funeral or wedding..?
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. " -Jimmy Buffett

707CMF

Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:48 pm

Why are there no parachutes in airliners ??? In case of emergency, everybody jumps and the pilots are left with the plane, but only the pilot is at risk, then.

I've tried to explain that the death toll would be much higher, but "I don't care, I'd feel safer"

backfire

Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:14 pm

Does it not occur to some of you that these people to whom you're acting so arrogantly might be experts themselves in subjects which would make you look a complete clueless moron?  Insane

andersjt

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:08 pm

A common one I have run into, especially with some older folks, is the misconception that as you go up in the Boeing series, the bigger the plane. "Wow, a 757! that must be huge!" "You mean there is a 777 now? What does it seat, 800?"

Another detail that gets to me is when TV and movies do not match interior to exterior shots of planes. Take for example, the second "Brady Bunch" movie. They're off to Hawaii from Los Angeles in a narrow-body DC-9 (first detail missed), and then the interior shots are of a wide body DC-10, or L-1011. Details!

[Edited 2003-10-21 16:23:05]
Oh how I long for the day when the skies were truly Friendly!

ThirtyEcho

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:23 pm

Just take a look at our old favorite, the "Wings" channel; every time any aircraft with a prop is on the screen, C130s, Electras, you name it, the soundtrack carries the sound of a PISTON engine.

When that same airplane takes off, you hear the engines accelerating like a car and not reaching full power until the end of the runway.

I also laugh at the TV "avaishun expurts" who like to drop the word "tarmac" into every other sentence. And, by the way, they are "engines" and not "motors".

jbmitt

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:30 pm

Interesting responses, but don't be so quick to accuse other people of being ignorant. Perhaps they have knowledge in another area that you don't. Not everybody needs to be an aviation fanatic.

Jason

B747FAN

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:40 pm

The biggest issue I have with aviation ignorance happens to be with my wife of 8 yrs. We have travelled to numerous place around the world on numerous types of aircrafts. Yet, when I tell her about the type of aircraft we are flying or some tid-bit of history about the a/c, she totally shuts me up. She is litterally bored and unimpressed with the info I am providing her. Her simple response "SO!!" just happens to put a stake through my heart. For her getting on a plane is like getting on a bus. No difference. If it was not for her looks and the fact that she is a great mom, I would divorce her in a heart beat. HA.ha.ha.
) He turns not back who is bound to a star. - Leonardo Da Vinci.

s.p.a.s.

Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:01 am

Have heard some funny comments over the years of spotting and working at the airport... some selected pearls...:

A lady approaches me at the observation deck and pointing to a line-up of Varig 737s asks me: "which plane is going to Porto Alegre?" For what I reply: Hard to tell mamm and she says "ohhhh I thought it was written on the drivers window" note. On bus travel here, it is common to see the destination and STD written with removable ink on the front door window or front window.

Normally all Boeing planes are Jumbos or even worse, all planes at all are Boeings...

Some people really believe that the number of windows on one a pax plane equals the number of pax on board.

Rgds

RS
"ad astra per aspera"

jjbiv

Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:20 am

The biggest mistake made by lay folks when flying is not doing any homework and viewing air travel as a commodity, with different airlines being perfect substitutes for one another. I can't believe the number of people who can't distinguish ATA from American from AirTran. It is not that complicated, folks. Take 5 minutes to visit the airline's website and you'll be all set. Ditto with regard the general public's knowledge of airline policies. Common sense would dictate that your 100 pound bag weighs too much and that you can't show up to the gate at DEPARTURE time and expect to board the aircraft. My favorite are those folks who JUST HAVE to get somewhere and take the flight that will get them there at the last possible moment before they MUST arrive. In some areas, the public is truly stupid, apathetic, and in serious need of a personal responsibility reality check.

However, they pay my wages and make my company profitable: for that I am grateful.

joe

fritzi

Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:34 am

People who are comforted by the flying over oceans in the event of a faliure which requires an emergency landing...
Then another funny thing are the pictures on the safety cards when you see the aircraft floating on the surface and then the passengers camly jumping into the liferafts while getting their lifevests on.  Nuts

Id rather have a belly landing on concrete that landing on water anyday!

AmbiantAir

RE: Common Aviation Related Mistakes By General Pu

Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:35 am

Andersjt...

Are you seriously expecting tight continuity from THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE???

CanadianNorth

Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:04 am

Well heres my list in no real order...

-Cessnas are Cessnas, everything else is a 747.
-Captain and First Officer are the same.
-The flaps are the 'landing gear'.
-A 737-100 is the same thing as a 737-900.
-The 787 is a real aircraft.
-Engines make it fly, so if they cut out the plane will crash.
-Pilots are beefed up bus drivers.
-Air Canada and Canadi>n are the same.
-Media saying MD-80 and showing a DC-9.
-My name is "Mr. Airplane Flying Guy"
-"I flew Westjet to Kelowna, and it was a 747 eh"
-I'm gunna be a pilot.
-And theres more Im not gunna bother to think of

CanadianNorth
HS-748, like a 747 but better!

rb211

Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:11 am

They confuse L-1011's with DC-10's and vise versa. When planes do touch and gos, they say that the pilot does'nt know how to land. They think that ANYBODY can sit in the exit row because of the leg room.They freak out when they see anybody that even looks like they fly the plane walking around during flight. My best friend thinks that the Airline makes the aircraft and not the manufacturer. If it has two engines on the wings, it has got to be a 767. And if it's bigger than a EMB 120, it's really big.
Airline photography. Whether they're fully clothed, butt naked, having issues or confused I'm taking pictures!!

Jkw777

Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:11 am

One thing I have seen and heard was when i was at Lego Land in 1998. Concorde flew over and some women said to her little boy 'Look, that plane travels at the speed of light'

I was pi55ing myself!!! Embarrassment

And the mistake i make is identifying planes at FL300 or what ever  Smile hence why I ask you guys Big grin Which isn't so bad.

Regards,

Justin.

JKW777  Big thumbs up
[email protected] or +447751242989

rkmcswain

Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:17 am

GulfstreamGuy:, If I call the airline and their representative cannot tell me the location of my luggage, then it's L O S T.If it was not lost, you would be able to say "It's in Cleveland" or "It's on a aircraft headed towards Amarillo", etc. etc.

Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:19 am

Friends...
Some of you laugh at the general public mistakes... ok, granted...
But be aware, some of you make supposedly "true statements" that are seriously flawed here in Civ.Av... be careful of making "educated statements" if you are not really certain, say so... better you avoid leading others into wrong ideas. Do not act like the "general public"...
xxx
Happy contrails  Smile
(s) Skipper

triscl

Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:23 am

I have a friend that likes to pretend like she knows a lot about everything. I usually don't let it bother me, but when it comes to aviation...don't go there!

So she went to Australia in the nineties sometime right around the time when United introduced the 777. So there was quite a bit of hype and she's flying United and tells me two things:

1. I'm flying United on their new 777 from LA to Sydney.

2. The flight is 18 hours.

Um. no.

petertenthije

Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:32 am

Before someone wants to ask me a question they usually first ask something like "are you a spotter", sometimes I answer back: "no I am wearing an anorak and carrying a camera, binoculars and blocknote because it is the latest fashion".

One day some German guy was bragging to his son how he used to work at Fokker making F50s, he pointed out at a Dash-8 saying he made one of those. To which his little son replied, "but dad, isn't that a Dash-8?". Who ever said Germans aren't funny!

To confuse an A320 with a B737 is one thing, to confuse a Concorde with a 747 is waaaaaay off!
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

PVD757

Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:52 am

As a gate previous gate agent from a few years back, I was amazed at how many newlyweds think that it is required by the airline to automatically upgrade them to first class.

Another thing I found amazing was when people came up to the podium to check in after they have a boarding pass. Please, waste my time more than it already was.

Richard28

Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:14 am

Biggest mistake I've seen has to be how planes fly.

The amount of times I have seen it explained as Bernouilli's principle (differing pressures on each side of the wing), where actually it is Newtons third law -(every action has an equal and opposite reaction).

I've seen this wrong from organisations such as Microsoft, and even on Discovery Wings.

Rich.

danialanwar

Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:30 am

Well, we should consider the mistakes made by those who claim and/or pretend to be knowledgeable ... like journalists:

Newspaper: "The Concorde's engine caught fire on take-off. Shortly after, the plane stalled and crashed near CDG airport" ... thought Concorde's don't stall (well, in the true sense of the word at least).

"On board duty-free sales are alwyas cheaper" ...

Zurich is the capital of Sweden and Switzerland has a king ...
Best Business Class: Royal Brunei. Best Economy: Singapore Airlines. First: please send money first!

BO__einG

Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:51 am

One nut in school who supposely knows about aviation from his relative who was involved with the industry kept telling me that I was saying the wrong type of plane. "Its a Fokker 29" not an F28.
He would not bother to hear the truth as he would deny any truth tellings.

He would also call Antonovs "Antovs"

So I walked away.

General public who just come to the airport to watch planes are the more common ones when it comes to mistakes. Type errors, and such.
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

HOMER71

Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:59 am

Didn't someone on CNN refer to the A300 as a "Boeing Airbus"?
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

c172akula

Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:38 am

Richard28: Please don't tell me you went there! Opening up the Bernoulli vs Newton can of debate! I'm not going to get into it, but there are plenty of pilots out there who will argue to the death for Bernoulli, and vice versa of course!

And as far as pet peeves, ya, every single engine piston in the world is a Cessna.

clipperno1

Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:54 am

I hate it when people cry to me, that they had to actualy switch planes, like when they are flying FRA-DSM or where-ever the f*** and ask me, if I could check the internet for a direct flight.
oh yeah...and only a 747 can make it across the pond.
And let me just say, I'm glad I no longer have to 'discuss' who is bigger:
British Airways or British World Airlines?
"I really don't know one plane from the other. To me they are just marginal costs with wings."� Alfred Kahn, 1977

ThirtyEcho

Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:54 am

"The amount of times I have seen it explained as Bernouilli's principle (differing pressures on each side of the wing), where actually it is Newtons third law -(every action has an equal and opposite reaction)."

Nope, neither one is right; it is the Coanda Effect, even though the others contribute. If the aiflow separated from the airfoil we'd ALL be taking busses.

Now I'm gonna run for cover.

flyingbronco05

Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:57 am

We were flying from Kona, Hawaii to Los Angeles and the plane was a 757.

This kid (about 15) was telling his dad that it was a 777.

I let him bury himself pretty deep before I interrupted him.

He was pretty embarrassed.

It was ok though.

Turns out he was thinking about aviation as a career.

FB05
Never Trust Your Fuel Gauge

mozart

Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:11 am

OK, I won't complain about, say, doctors' lack of aviation know-how, they will laugh at me - just recently I asked one why anesthesia was such a difficult thing. He explained that to me in a way as if I explained to him the difference between a bike and a Concorde, BUT:

1) indeed there are those people that claim to know, and all those journalists who said "Swiss is joining the world's largest alliance, Oneworld" and then just five minutes later talked about "Air France and KLM creating the world's biggest alliance, Skyteam" clearly have not done their homework very diligently

2) there are those frequent fliers that should now better, but still there are so many that are sitting in a plane at the edge of the runway, 10 mins after pushback, look at their watch and say "we are 10 mins late again, we should be up there already"

3) all those super-smarts that un-fasten their seatbelt just after the wheels have touched the ground (why??? just loosen it a bit if you really find it uncomfortable)

4) F/As in Germany, that get rude and hysterical when you use your cell phone when stepping onboard. THey act as if the life of hundreds of people was in danger - and won't even shut up when you tell them that most airlines in the world allow passengers to use their phones as long as the doors are open (in the US, even when taxiing) or when you point to the cockpit crew who are happily using their cell phones. They brabble something pretty incoherent about navigation and electronics and so on, never convincing.

And then there's my favourite, which is not exactly a "lacking knowledge of aviation", but just plain stupid: people jumping out of their seats, climbing over each other and dashing to the overhead to grab their luggage, just to be stucked in some uncomfortable position for 10 more minutes - guys, when you're sitting in seat 37E, how long do you think it will take for the áirbridge to align, the door to open, all the people from the 36 rows in front of you to get their stuff etc before you can disembark??

Okie

Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:45 am

I always book a window seat and when I get a young one on his first flight or a blond sitting next to me I always point out the window. "See that little Blue Tug" it is the only thing faster than this airplane, he will be waiting on us when we get to our destination. If the kid falls for it I explain that I was just joking. If the Blond falls for it I get her phone number.

LHR340

Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:52 am

I was at Heathrow today, and a lil kid confused a private jet with Concorde, it was pretty funny, but he was only about 7. But I would of thought its pretty hard to confuse Concorde with a private jet!

LHR340
A340 LoVeR! EC-GQK - LHR The Bussiest International Airport & 3rd Bussiest In The World!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos