Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airjampanam

RE: CO To DEL/BOM

Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:11 am

Can someone help me.. what airports are these.......................NRI & ABCD & PIO?
 Smile
Suing is the new Lotto... if u wanna win u gotta sue!

Vimanav

Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:26 am

Can someone help me.. what airports are these.......................NRI & ABCD & PIO?

No airports these...

NRI - Non resident Indian
ABCD - not merely the first four letters of the alphabet but also "American Born Confused Desi" (go figure)
PIO - Person of Indian Origin

...just part of the common lingo used by a billion people exactly half-way round the globe from where you're located.

rgds//Vimanav Big thumbs up
Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai

airjampanam

Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:41 am

Thanks Vinamav.. I was wondering why my mouse over wasn't working on those!
 Smile
Seriously though..That's an A vs B conversation I was completely not aware of.
OMG who knew?
Suing is the new Lotto... if u wanna win u gotta sue!

mog

Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:15 pm

""And at the risk of sounding stereotypical, yes, this is a patented scam by the Gujju aunties who travel with kutumb in tow. One wheelchair for grandma, but 15 other members of the Patel clan get to bypass the line to accompany her. However, when grandma nears the duty free store she displays amazing agility to leap out of the chair and rush to grab the latest bargain.""

That is such a bigoted statement, B747-437B, that I am sorry, I need to take you off my respected user list. Sure, you are entitled to your views, but do you need to go on and on about communities like Sikhs, Gujaratis, Maharastrians and others in a public forum based on your assumptions?

I mean, do you have any empirical data on this?

The topic is about CO non-stop to India. Surely any airline will analyse passenger traffic, and if age-group demands wheelchair assistance, then so be it. But why do you have to bring in narrow prejudices against people who are more succesful on their own steam than you?

B747-437B

Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:33 pm

why do you have to bring in narrow prejudices against people who are more succesful on their own steam than you?

I'd much rather be seen as prejudiced for doing that Mr.VM, than to be seen as someone who blatantly plagiarises others posts on this forum when they publish in certain Indian newspapers.

I trust you received my email? I'm still awaiting a reply.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos