mckennasmall
Topic Author

Your Opinion On Air Canada

Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:29 pm

What is your opinion of Air Canada?

CO737800

RE: Your Opinion On Air Canada

Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:37 pm

Is SUCKS, WestJet is the way to go in Canada. I loved Canadian its toobad the AC is the one that lives on

AnsettAW

Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:45 pm

My opinion is that I've never had any reason to dislike them or their service, although my experience with them is limited. I've flown YYZ-LAX-YYZ and also YYZ-HNL-YYZ in coach and both times I felt welcomed and taken care of. In fact, the crew were in good spirits, I experienced no delays, food was fine. I haven't been caught up in the AC bashing. I do miss Canadian, however, as I have memories of being a kid taking YYZ-YVR aboard a shiny silver and orange DC-10 across Canada (mid-80s, in the days of CP Air). AnsettAW

AnsettAW

Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:49 pm

And although this isn't important in the grand scheme of things, it's a shame they painted over the amazing goose!

b741

Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:56 pm

Excellent safety record, that is priority, safety first. Too many 'busses.

Goose

Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:01 pm

Excellent safety record, that is priority, safety first. Too many 'busses.

They have a pretty motley fleet, if you look at it - for an airline their size.

Their safety record is, really, comparable to UA or any other major airline. They had a couple of accidents in the 60s, 70s and early 80s - but not a horrid, ghastly number. Only two fatal incidents that I can think of.... and they haven't had a major incident in a long while - aside from that Fokker from one of their regionals (I think it was 3J) going off the runway about 10 years ago.

YOW4NOW

Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:03 pm

I think Air Canada finally got it right with the recent purchase of Embraer and CRJ's. Back in the days of regulation, Air Canada flew everywhere. I remember an Aunt of mine flying from Ottawa to Timmins on a DC-9. (Weren't most flights on DC-9's back then...lord love em!) The RJ's are the way they can go back to serving smaller markets and not always having to fly via Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver.

Their service is the same as any carrier in North America. The standard numbers of pleasant FA's compared to those who's cornflakes were peed on in the in morning. Seniority within the Unions have meant that the FA's tend to be "more mature", but hey, nothing wrong with that! So long as there's a returning smile to my smile, I don't really care. Getting there, to my destination is what matters and I give AC credit, they've always got me to where I plan on going. They've put me up in hotels when flights were cancelled, so I have no beef with them. All their flights were enjoyable with me. Not outstanding, but enjoyable.

jsmith

Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:43 pm

I flew with Air Canada in August 03 on some of their longest sectors - Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver - Toronto - London and have to say that they were excellent. Thank you Air Canada.

scf158

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:41 pm

I like AC... I fly with them mostly international YVR-LHR or FRA but as for domestic Im for WS.

I think they're on the right track now, they've had their ups and downs.

MarcoPolo747

Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:46 pm

Nothing against AC, but I enjoyed more flying CP.

cayman

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:51 pm

AC bashing has become almost a national sport in Canada, unjustifiably so.

Setting aside the issues of (mis?)management, which are a separate and legitimate matter, in my view the constant harping about AC is totally unjustified. I fly quite a bit and they offer a very good product, relaiblity, safety, especially on international routes. Their service YYZ GCM is a very welcome.

In fact many people here in the Caribbean now use AC to avoid transiting through the US, ie to Europe or Asia via YYZ, and I often chuckle when I hear many of them speak very very positively about AC...when I think about how Canadians like to whine about it.

As I say though, this has nothing to do with the valid concerns about how they have been managed, which is a separate issue.

Canada would be a lot worse off without AC flying, especially internationally.

boac707

Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:56 pm

AC will march on, hopefully in better shape than in the past. I think they will live on within their means. I have flown all over North America and Europe and have no hesitation or problem using them in the future.

ShovelAirlines

Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:51 pm

As an AC employee here in the US, I have to say that I am sick and tired of the constant AC bashing by Canadians and Americans alike. Air Canada is the airline people love to hate. Let's face it, Canada would be lost without AC and AC would be lost without it's people to support it. Granted, there has been mismanagement in the company. Which major company hasn't seen its share of mismanagement? Robert Milton is an icon in Canada. I bet most Americans couldn't name the CEO of UA, DL or AA. I believe that AC has a lot going for it in terms of fleet, schedules/frequencies, safety and routes. In terms of Westjet, I say, go, westjet go! Competition will keep AC on its toes and in return make it a better, more profitable company. AC is on its way up and the future is looking brighter. I can only speak for my station, but I see many dedicated AC employees who are going above and beyond the call of duty to accomodate, welcome and serve our passengers.
On a final note, every airline has their delays, every airline has their cancellations- please, I can't stand to be the AC punching bag any longer.

B747-437B

Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:54 pm

I fly with them mostly international YVR-LHR or FRA

AC doesn't fly the YVR-FRA route.

As for those who bash Air Canada, they are still head and shoulders above their counterparts south of the border.

Plus, they know how to treat their SuperElites well, so I'm pleased!  Big grin

ACA330

Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:04 pm

I have flown Air Canada since 1970. Inow fly them now every 3 weeks or so LGA-YYZ, LGA-YUL, JFK-YVR. I flew LGA-YYZ-LHR and back last summer.

Professional, "crisp" service. Excellent flight deck crews. I have always had very friendly flight attendants. That could be a combination of my personality with theirs though.

Modern, reliable aircraft.

That's it.

buckfifty

Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:13 pm

I had a lot of Aeroplan points.

I was going to buy a ticket.

Then they doubled the requirements for a flight.

Now I have a lot of Asia Miles.

gmonney

Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:19 pm

B747-437B,

I am sure he means YVR-YYZ-FRA but he is in YVR and gets go FRA...

AC bashing....who? You talk about competition....I can fly from YYZ to YVR on Jetsgo for 30% less than AC and WJ for that matter. Now granted its all about the $20.04 one way fare, but if you look at Jetsgo's track record this is a commom thing...low fares. Really i don't think its the fares that everyone should focus ALL of the attention, but it seem to be the major concern. AC has a great product and if they focused a bit more on it they could be a little more sucessful....no? Their fleet, their routes, their ontime performance, all very good. I think its up to the people who present your product can make the difference. I think they need hard working people like the Cessnapimp, hustling and busseling everday at his past job. Thats the dedication and the spirit that customes need to see.

Grant

AlekToronto

Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:32 pm

Hello everyone!

Asking about your opinion on AC is a pretty general question that is sure to illicit some passionate remarks..
AC is pretty much a punching bag for Canadians (surprising as Canucks are not overly known as complainers) and the CAN Media - it has become the company that we love to hate! I think that a lot of it is Media related and the fact that AC Public Relations is staffed by buffoons.

The reality is however that AC has a lot of good things, and I rank them highly as a PASSENGER for the following reasons:
- very modern fleet.
- excellent schedule.
- most inflight staff friendly/ efficient (even those old in the tooth)
- excellent safety record (with few minor incidents) the AC technical team is widely regarded as among the best in the world - in league with LH and they service loads of international airlines.
- one of the first airlines to offer loads of legroom in a combined business/first product.
- excellent Frequent Flyer program (granted this is changing sadly).

however there are massive problems with AC that seem to always be in the news including:
bad management, poor employee morale, bad customer service (esp. at airports), constant operation difficulties (AC doesn't seem able to figure out how to handle snowstorms, airport problems - in Canada land of winter?) too much management.

I do know that internationally AC has a good reputation as other countries don't know much about AC financial/management problems and only know about them by flying them and in general that is a good experience.

Personally as someone who worked for AC for 2 summers as a student in the early 90's I saw first hand how AC operated and am sad to see how it has changed and how my former colleagues are treated by management now - hope that improves in the future!

cheers!
Alek

ShovelAirlines

Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:34 pm

Every AC employee that I have come across has always busted their ass to get the job done. AC just has a reputation now and I think their passengers are just looking for us to falter. They WANT to see us go down! So when there is a cancellation because of a mechanical problem, it's not "Well, AC's #1 concern is safety" instead it's "AC is a mismanaged, waste-of-a-company, money pit."

I'm sorry... that sounds really bitter... we do have some customers who appreciate what we're doing.

anthonyd

Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:22 am

"bad customer service (esp. at airports)"

I have to agree with this...... I traveled only last week on an AC flight on a full Y ticket. According to their website a full Y ticket on a regional flight entitles passengers to priority check-in, priority baggage handling and use of the Maple Leaf Lounge. Not one of the AC ground crew I met while checking in believed me and kept going on about how unreasonable it was of me to expect to use the MLL on an economy ticket no matter how much I paid. After an hour of patient back and forth on the phone to AC customer service they finally managed to find the rules buried in their CIC manual and grudgingly allowed me in.

Needless to say I was not happy, especially since the check in agents were not in the least bit friendly and kept telling me very loudly that economy passengers are not allowed to check in at priority check-in desks.

Next time I print out the rules and show it to them at check-in.

On a more positive note though I have to say that their service in-flight in generally faultless. Very efficient and friendly.......

robsawatsky

Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:35 am

Where did you find that full-fare "Y" entitles to MLL access?

I could only find this if accompanied by Elite or Super-Elite status.

757lgw

Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:49 am

Well i have flown with AC 4 times and service was always good even on a 40min flight (Toronto to Motreal) they manged to serve drinks and snacks although they do have a lot of old mean FA's. There aircraft are nice and clean. I overall found them quite good with nice meals and good service. The only thing that lets them down is there lack of IFE no PTV.

anthonyd

Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:15 am

Do a search on Aircanada.com for any regional flights. Try YYZ to YVR for example. When the fare list comes up click on the rules for the "FREEDOM" fare. Thats a full "Y" fare. This is what you'll see

FREEDOM - You come first.

You don't like constraints, you want full and immediate access, you want the best. FREEDOM gives you priority

One way fully flexible fares. No advance purchase. No minimum stay. Changes permitted without a fee. Fully refundable. Priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling. Complimentary Maple LeafTM Lounge access.

Purchase
Tickets can be purchased at aircanada.com (at least 2 hours prior to departure) or through a Travel Agency.
Minimum Stay
No minimum stay.
Combinable Fares
TANGO, FUN, LATITUDE, FREEDOM AND EXECUTIVE departing fares are combinable with TANGO, FUN, LATITUDE, FREEDOM AND EXECUTIVE returning fares.
These fares are one-way and available for a one-way or round trip purchase.
Seat Selection
Seats may be selected at time of purchase based on availability or at the airport upon check-in.
Aeroplan Status Miles
Accumulate 100% of miles flown (min. 500 Aeroplan Miles) and a 25% class of service bonus for travel within Canada.
Changes / Cancellations / Refunds
Changes are permitted.
Tickets are refundable.
Tickets are non-transferable.
Contact your Travel Agent or Air Canada at 1-888-247-2262 (Hearing Impaired/TTY 1-800-361-8071).
Same Day Standby
Permitted at no charge.
Priority Services
Priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling.
Maple Leaf LoungeTM
Complimentary access to Maple LeafTM Lounge for customer and one guest (fee for guest).
Guest fee is $10 before 11:00 a.m. and $20 from 11:00 a.m.

PVD757

Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:29 am

I've never flown them, but from an airline/airport perspective, I think they are fair. Like many other airlines, they are in a major transition. The problem is, I think their transition plan is as clear as an IFR approach into SFO. Thier fleet plans and flight schedule seem to be have been drawn up on a dart board - it make little sense in many cases. They need to adopt a regional hub system that fits the unique market that Canada brings, with YVR (Asia), YUL (all), and YUL or even YHZ (Europe) as thier international gateways. I know they have a system close to this, but they don't feed the huns right. I'm not going to anylyze every route, but I'm sure you know what my general point is here. AC's product is also in disarray using too many musical overtones for products that seem to just have a differant color maple leaf. AC needs to just take a lesson in the KISS method, shed some of their bad mistakes and visit some basic economic "theorys" like supply and demand.

ACB777

Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:15 pm

Well I don't mind AC that much overall. I like flying domestic AC routes. I prefer AC over airlines from USA from flying from Canada - USA. However, internationally (besides USA), I prefer foreign carriers.

Good Experiences/Good things:

-Friendly cabin crew
-Safe
-Good enough legroom in economy
-Nice in flight magazine
-Excellent Aeroplan program
-Star Alliance member

Bad things:

-Meals aren't that great
-Not enough IFE
-No PTV's

skytrain

Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:10 pm

Well there is certainly a lot to be said for a carrier who prides itself in offering "Tray Tables at Each Seat," and "Individual Reading Lights". Who needs a PTV on a transatlantic when you have a light & table!  Big grin

( "Tray Tables at Each Seat," and "Individual Reading Lights" ACTUALLY listed as product features for international service on AC's website!)

Cheers - Skytrain.

CPDC10-30

Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:21 pm

I am sick and tired of AC taking way too long to get the baggage going through the belt in YYZ. It always seems to take 45mins to 1hr to get the bags back. For that reason, the vast majority of my business travel in the past year has been WestJet and JetsGo. Its kind of a tossup between the two, I love the MD-83 with Jetsgo and it is nice to be able to choose your seat in advance. On the other hand, WestJet cabin crew that I have experienced have such an infectious positive attitude it can't help but put a smile on your face.

One of the WestJet f/as was talking about this with the passenger beside me last month returning from Calgary. He felt the reason that they could stay perkier than the AC staff was because they simply were not as overwhelmed with the meal sevice and other passenger services that AC f/a's have to be concerned with. His idea of hell is being the sole f/a on a Dash8-300 serving almost 50 pax singlehandedly. I think I would be pretty grumpy doing that too.

AC's international service is good in my opinion, but I haven't flown any other major international airlines recently that I can compare them with.

kdonohue

Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:12 pm

Hey Buckfifty,

When did AC double the mileage needed for a free flight? They still offer one of the best deals around with a short haul flight at 15,000 points. You won't find that with United.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you claim that they doubled the points needed.

CO737800

Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:20 pm

I looked for a flight for aug from YVR-YYZ and NOTHING I looked a few months ago. After I use my miles I wont fly AC again

saafan

Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:56 pm

Hi

I have recently just signed up so that I can join in, although I have been lurking for years!
I have had quite a few occasions to fly lhr-yyz in recent years and I can honestly say that my recent AC return trip was the worst trip I have ever experienced in economy.
Bad meals - pizza in a box - as a snack, bad IFE and the most unfriendly F/A's I have ever met.

My next 2 trips have already been booked on BA ( and I am not particularly a fan of them)
Never again!!!

cayman

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:05 am

PVD757, I think you have confused YUL and YYZ. AC does not currently have a system close to what you describe at all: the super-hub is YYZ. This has been discussed many times on this forum but the notion of YUL as any sort of predominant hub internationally or otherwise would be suicide for AC. YYZ handles 3x the pax the YUL does and is the biggest Canadian market by far. For AC to set up its primary international gateway at YUL would be to give away most of their international business...just compare the frequency and capacity of all the major European airlines (and for that matter major Asian, Cathay, Korean, PIA, Emirates looking) into YYZ vs YUL, save for AF (owing only to the French connection) there is no comparison....YUL is a regional airport in comparison.

Even some of the biggest YUL proponents on this board only advocate YUL as a secondary hub and acknowledge that it cannot and will not be the main or exclusive hub. The airport (YUL) is not even equipped to handle the traffic as the main hub for AC. Now there have been ongoing debates about whether a secondary hub at YUL is sensible so close to YYZ.

ACs international and transborder hub is YYZ and will stay there or say goodbye to AC. Also new equity partner has no interest in some radical new model calling for building an unsusustainable new hub.

ushermittwoch

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:12 am

My experience with Air Canada was a good one. I took them last year from FRA to YUL and from YUL to ORD. Two "Busses", which made it very enjoyable.
The cabin crew was friendly although my French isn't very good.  Big grin

And since there is no airline that is worse than Iberia, I couldn't make a negative statement here anyway!

a330marcus

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:26 am

I would like to see AC port their one-way fare ticket system for US destinations also. I fly from YYZ to SFO often and each time, I can always find a cheaper fare (with 1 connection, which I don't mind) on CO or AA (to SJC). It seems that on routes with no direct, non-stop competition, AC always never have any fare sales... and with only 3 SFO flights, they never seem to have the schedule that I want either (well, they usually add a 4th flight for the summer).

It's not the service or safety that AC faulters -- AC is never price competitive on their pricing for many US routes -- and that's enough for me to not fly them.

AA767400

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:50 am

Nothing outstanding, but, then again most North American carriers are a bit
bland. Once they get out of trouble, things should get better....Hopefully.

Aviationman

Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:36 am

"YUL is a regional airport in comparison"

Cayman, please do not over exagerate. What do you base your comment on? Destinations served? # of airlines? Frequencies? # of pax yearly? Remember that YUL/YMX offer flights to the Carribean (SG, TS, SSV (5G), AC, CU), to Mexico (MX, AC), to United States (US, AA, DL, UA, AA, NW, CO, AC, SG, C6), Overseas (AF, KL, BA, LX, OA, OK, AC, Corsair, OS, LH, My Travel, S4), North Africa (AT, MS) Plus all domestic destinations including AC, QB, ValAir, Westjet, Canjet, First Air, Air Inuit, JetsGo, Air Creebec......

Therefore, what is YYC? If YUL is a regional airport...YYC is what? Municipal?

[Edited 2004-01-10 19:03:15]

[Edited 2004-01-10 19:07:02]

cayman

Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:51 am

Look, that comment was in the context of PVD757 stating that he assumed YUL is currently the main AC international gateway and that it should be the only AC international gateway. Perhaps, he like many others would asume that AC would sensibly have their main hub in the same city that their head office is, but that's another debate.....

I am loathe to participate in turning this into yet another YYZ YUL contest...but objectively speaking there is NO comparison between YYZ and YUL as international gateways. I am not calling YUL a regional airport, it is a well served transborder and international market. It is not AC-s gateway hub and we all know it. Check out some of the other threads talking about EK and Turkish, very strong possibilities of adding YYZ--I also hear SQ and Quantas....

PVD757 said that YUL either is or ought to be the AC international gateway for all hub traffic...in response I pointed out that in terms relative to YYZ it is basically "regional"..perhaps poor choice of words on my part...what I think you would agree is that it is not anything near the international airport YYZ is. Let's try to be objective ok?

Aviationman

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:13 am

PVD757 probably made a typo....If he did.

"I am not calling YUL as a regional airport"

Yes you did! " YUL is a regional airport in comparison"...YOU said it.

"Check out some of the other threads talking EK and Turkish"

And...what does it mean? What does it mean?????

"perhaps poor choice of words"

Well, maybe you should think about it in the future....

"Let's try to be objective ok?"

What is your definition of objectivity?

yyz717

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:17 am

YUL is actually a regional airport for Quebec and Eastern Ontario/Ottawa. Because it only handles 8M passengers a year, YUL cannot offer the hubbing/connecting possibilities of YYZ, JFK, EWR, DTW, ORD, PHL, BOS etc. hence it is extremely unlikely anyone beyond Quebec/Ottawa would choose to or opt for hubbing thru YUL. It's simply a fact.

Therefore, what is YYC? If YUL is a regional airport...YYC is what? Municipal

YYC recently surpassed YUL as Canada's 3rd largest airport. When YMX closes (the first instance of an intl airport being closed in the world) and its traffic combines with YUL, YUL will temporarily move back up to 3rd.

The cabin crew was friendly although my French isn't very good.

The speak English to them. English is the primary language of Canada.

caribb

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:23 am

I've flown Air Canada more often than I can remember.. Several times to the Caribbean/Bermuda, the US, across Canada, to Europe and so many times between Montreal & Toronto my head spins.. so I know them well. The only other carriers I've flown on to compare are KLM (many times), Air France (a handful of times), Delta, British Airways, US Airways, United, Northwest and a handful of Canadian & European LCC's or Express carriers..

So in my opinion the positive points are (better than most of the competition I
ve flown);

1. Good well maintained modern aircraft.
2. Clean nicely styled cabin interiors with comfortable seats
3. Decent seat pitch
4. Decent leg room
5. Bilingual staff (or more) for the most part.
6. A good schedule and offering more flights than most domestically & to the US. A wide range of markets served.. from very regional to intercontinental.
7. A top notch maintenance base and well maintained aircraft from a mechanical perspective.
8. Their check in kiosks are excellent and effective.. also one of the first carriers to use them
9. The use of CRJ's to expand smaller markets was ingenious.. and works well.
10. Nicely tied into Star Alliance.. good connecting possibilities with major carriers..
11. Aeroplan (Frequent Flyer Program).. works well.

The "nothing special points" are (meaning they are the same as the competion I've flown or not significantly better or worse);

1. Meals are ordinary and getting worse as oppoed to better but at least you get something even on YUL-YYZ.
2. Relatively ordinary terminal facilities at their key hubs YYZ, YUL & YVR
3. Generally on time except it's hard at rush hour on YYZ-YUL and isn't always their fault.
4. In flight magazine En Route is good but nothing extraordinary.
5. Video presentation for safety procedures and airport arrival information is ordinary if not less than what you can get on the major competition.. good for safety instruction but nothing on airport arrivel or connecting procedures.
6. Cabin baggage requirements are standard. Bins are adequate.
7. Amenities like pillows, blankets & newspapers are limited and never seem to make it to the back of the cabins

The downside is (meaning things they seem to do worse than the competition I've flown);

1. Cabin crews seem unprofessional in flight compared to other carriers (eg: KLM & Air France). The way in which they deal with people and offer the meal service is uneven and heavy handed at times. I've seen FA's try too hard to be the passenger's friend or buddy and other times being distant and cold. It's not consistant like on KLM & Air France that have crews that strike me as being highly trained professionals.
2. Flight crew uniforms are dated & requirements for personal grooming are less effective as with KLM & Air France F/A's. I've had flight attendants who look a mess serving us. Frumpy uniforms and hair all over the place.
3. Ground personal are often rude to paying customers when there is a backlog of people moving through the airport. Rather than helping they add to the problems at times.
4. Too much traffic is routed through Toronto creating a bottleneck affecting the rest of the country when weather is bad or ATC there is behind.
5. Telephone operators at the call centre and Aeroplan are quick to over react and sometimes rude. Too few people handling too many calls.
6. Compared to the LCC's there are too many fare options and it is unnecessarily complicated to figure out.
7. No PTV's in their planes. LC Screens only on Airbuses.. so inflight entertainment is a bit below par.
8. Not that I'd use it but no First Class offered, only business.
9. Their 767s are starting to feel dated inside and could do with a refurbishment.
10. Their financial situation - bankrupt.. meanng cuts are coming and cutbacks occuring.. not always good for the flying passenger.
11. Upper management who's ideas are hard to influence, blame employees and stiff the flying public while offering few innovative solutions of their own to their financial woes.

On average they are pretty good compared to the other airlines I mentioned. Air France and KLM beats them in terms of cabin crews but Air Canada has the better cabins. Their fleet is top notch.. of course I'd like to see the 777 and and A332/A345/A346 in it but at some point they have to make a decision and be realistic to their needs. The weakest points though are with their finances and staff training and their top points are technical and network operations.. They are a formiddable competitor to any world airline despite the weaknesses and so long as they come out of bankrupcy with a realistic plan.

flyyul

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:23 am

Cayman,

Turkish hasnt announced anything yet. EK hasnt announced anything yet, SQ I never heard off, and probably is BS.

These rumours arent any better than AZ to YUL or MEA to YUL etc.

Stop the YYZ over-glorification. Its the no.30 airport in the world.

Aviationman

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:25 am

Yyz717, once again you are lost.....Do not know what you are talking about.

Your comment:

"The cabin crew was friendly although my French isn't very good"

It was propably destined to a different user or poster...... (Official language, stupid blah, blah, blah, coming from a lunatic Anglo and ignorant Ontarian) was probably addressed to a different poster...please be kind enough to include it in a separate reply in the future.

[Edited 2004-01-10 20:28:28]

[Edited 2004-01-10 20:32:34]

[Edited 2004-01-10 20:33:57]

[Edited 2004-01-10 20:38:27]

airbusfanyyz

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:28 am

Air Canada offers one of the best products in North America period! I fly them quite extensively and regularly. I used to live in Chicago and flew primarily UA, and some AA,NW,CO,US for 3 years and Air Canada is miles ahead of the service offered on these US airlines.
Their international service is hit and miss.. the late night LHR-YYZ runs with old 767s are agonizing at best. But overall no complaints from them, flights are on time, and the aircraft are very well maintained technically.

Cheers,
Kaz

yyz717

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:30 am

Stop the YYZ over-glorification. Its the no.30 airport in the world.

And what is YUL.....#300 in the world? and dropping fast.

There is no YYZ glossing here.

kdonohue

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:39 am

CO737800,

You're full of crap, or you are being very specific about when you want an AC reward ticket for August, because I just plugged in two days and there were seats showing. I'm sure there are other days with seats available.

Depart YVR Aug 5 or Aug 10
Return from YYZ Aug 10 or Aug 18

It bugs me when whine incessantly about not being able to find a seat. Usually, they are searching a few days before leaving and have no flexibility in their plans.

airbusfanyyz

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:42 am

"over-glorification"

Sounds like someone has a serious case of airport envy..  Big grin

Cheers,
Kaz

yyz717

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:51 am

"over-glorification"

Kaz.....FLYYUL is intensely jealous of YYZ & YYC success. As if it's a contest between airports!  Insane

csavel

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:58 am

I used to avoid them like the plague, but I went to YUL for my cousin's wedding a year ago and tried them again. Was *very* pleasantly surprised by the service, and the incredibly nice staff. Best one hour flight I've had in ages. If that is forshadowing of a new attitude then keep it up. They'll do OK,

Of course that was only one short R/T. Hopefully I'll get to use them again this year.

Plus on this trip at least (perhaps because to Montréal they would be mostly francophone F/As?) the cabin staff were gorgeous. Vive la Québec!

caribb

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:58 am

Does anyone agree with me that the YUL vs YYZ topic has been discussed to death??

Can't we just make a URL link to the 100+ topics on this board that have turned into these same repetitve discussions and let people here continue in a thread that already has all the points layed out and just add to them... if there are any that haven't already been mentioned... which I doubt there are except for updates due to the movement of time and space... sigh...

canuckpaxguy

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:59 am

ShovelAirlines:
"Canada would be lost without AC..."
"Robert Milton is an icon in Canada..."

You sure about that Shovel??? I'm not sure what makes you an expert on current Canadian social values, living in Boston and all...but I agree with your other point about AC having a lot of potential.

Don't take the AC bashing so personally. Canadians secretly want AC to be successful. It's just really frustrating to for us to standby and witness the seemingly endless list of oddities in AC's operations and the subsequent effects on passengers and staff.

This frustration is compounded by our belief that it could be such a great airline, but it's just not living up the challenge...yet.

And I like to fly AC. I really do. But it's often just not worth the money compared to its competition...and for the increased fare, AC is just not differentiating itself from its competition well enough to warrant the extra cash.

G

Aviationman

Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:59 am

No, Montreal is probably # 415 or # 525 in the world ........and growing up faster than you think Neily!

Oh, here are the Montreal guys Tut! Tut! Tut! coming to rescue!!!!! Thanks guys! I appreciate it! Nice gesture! Thanks again...You don't know how much I appreciate it........ Oh, my God the YUL guys taking positions..........We will remember that "les gars" . FlyYUL and Caribb.... I wish I had your suport when I was banned from the Montreal board.......

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos