Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

RE: HNL Rarities ...

Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:46 am

Went out to HNL, missed a JL Reso'cha 743 taxiing on RT by a few minutes. The MGE 722F was moved a spaces down from where it's been the last couple of days. There were a bunch of usual arrivals in the 15 minutes I was there. Genavco has a DC-3 in their hangar. I don't know if its a "new" one, but it was white with 2 blue stripes and a yellow stripe in between, also, the rudder was taken off. Sorry I didn't get the reg #.

Clipperhawaii,

I found this other Air Siam oldie ...  Smile

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Howard Chaloner

Ha763,

Could the DC-10 in question, be a Gemini Air Cargo freighter? One came in after 1230, and went to Hickam. I saw the NH 742 from my lanai too.

Kalakaua,

The point is, there has been speculation of the AQ 732 replacement going on for the past several years. There are other threads for that topic, it should be left there.

The AQ 734 part does not bother me. They were rare (well now extinct). In fact, I miss the -300s and -400s!
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:34 am

I forgot to put this in my last post ... I got a call from my contact @ the FAA, they said that the FAA has no problem with taking photos of aircraft in an around an airport. They are trying to contact the state airport security for what the state policy is. As soon as I get more info, I will post it.
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

HNLFlyBoy

Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:46 am

Anybody spot the lastest Rarities thread started in the Forums.....? Very original idea on their part...NOT! Bluewave707 is the originator of the "Rarities" threads. We are not worth to you Bluewave....hehehe.

HNLFlyBoy

Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:52 am

I'm gone for 4 minutes and look what pops up...another Rarities thread started.....that's two in the past like 15 minutes and these are NEW threads. Ok, who's counting?

ha763

Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:31 pm

It didn't look like Gemini's livery. I don't remember it having an all blue tail.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:48 pm

Hey! I'm not worthy either. I owe this all to my Heavenly Father!

Aw shucks ... I didn't think I was starting a trend.  Wow! You guys make it sound like I invented the ________. I'm happy that I made a small difference in the HNL spotting community.

Well, it's too bad I'm not receiving a royalty for each person that duplicates a "Rarities" thread where they live, and for each post put on their thread. Gee, that sounds like franchising.  Big grin

HNLFlyBoy

Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:05 pm

Bluewave,

I am hooked on this now....this is the first thing I check when I log on now, even have it on My Favorites, this and the a.net home page. This is great....

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:30 am

If anyone's noticed it's Kona's today. Was out @ the Gen Av lot, got a few pics. Akal and HSD cruised by, fortunately I was sitting in my car. I wanted to get a shot of the ATI DC-8-70 in its new colors, landing on 26R, that's when the heat arrived. Got a KE 772, JL 744 and 742, and FX MD-11.

You know what's funny ... they don't seem too suspicious of people eating lunch out there, but have a camera ...

I had an in-depth conversation with my FAA contact today. She said that she check the FAA Flight Standards Office manager, and he said there is no Federal law on photography. It's a state thing, which she is waiting for a reply from the state airport security chief. She said if any of us gets stopped in the mean time, that we have the right to POLITELY ask the guard or deputy which state code, and its number we are in violation of. Several posts back I listed a link for some state airport regs, print a copy and keep it with you. Just be careful out there. As long as you sit in your car, it seems they won't bug you.

[Edited 2004-02-12 04:01:29]

scottysair

Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:11 pm

KROC,

It's time to make locked this thread right now and no more talking about in HNL either. Thanks!

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:20 pm

Do you remember the first generation of LCCs to serve HNL ...

Pacific East Air. Got to ride them in 83. Both DC-8s were from Flying Tiger.

View Large View Medium

Photo © AirNikon
View Large View Medium

Photo © Frank C. Duarte Jr.

Hawaii Express

View Large View Medium

Photo © AirNikon
View Large View Medium

Air Hawaii

View Large View Medium

Photo © Brian J. Gore

Fly2HMO

Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:26 pm

hey!! I bet a million $$$$ that if I start a thread saying "HMO rarities" I'll get 1 reply at most. Big grin And another few $$$$ that nobody knows where HMO is  Nuts

greetings from the world's most ignored airport  Laugh out loud

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:43 pm

Buenos Noches señor! HMO es Hermosillo, Mexico, si?

Fly2HMO

Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:51 pm

por supuesto que si!!!

there's a place to spot in the threshold of rwy 23 where you get as close to the action as in SXM!!! The fence is pretty near, and you always feel the wake turbulence blowing on you. It's close enough to hear Cessnas screach their tires!!  Big thumbs up

too bad I have an older digital camera....

je89_w

Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:26 pm

Again, missed a lot of stuff this past week. Hope you guys got good shots!  Big thumbs up

08L departures: I've seen a Delta L-1011 and Hawaiian DC-10 takeoff from there back in the days, and more recently, a JAL B744 and a UA B763 takeoff from 08L.

[Edited 2004-02-12 08:30:02]

je89_w

Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:32 pm

ORD Rarities did mention that he got the idea from this thread though.

But still be proud that you started all this!  Big thumbs up

HNLFlyBoy

Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:43 pm

I once again agree, and second Je89_w, this is a FANTASTIC  Smile thread. We are well on our way to 500!

Je89_w, I remember watching the DL L-1011 and HA DC-10 taking off. Fantastic (and missed  Sad ) sights.

kalakaua

Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:47 pm

Does anyone remember that Zippy's commercial with the DL L1011 taking off? Does anyone know the registration or any info about the aircraft? I sure miss those birds...
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

je89_w

Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:47 pm

Yup, it was a beautiful sharp turn too. I can just picture it.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:35 pm

The next time El Presidente is in town, watch Air Force One t/o from 8L. That's a sight.  Wow! I saw that when Clinton came here in the late 90s, and Bush Sr. in the early 90s.

I would think that for security reasons to use 8R, considering it is remote.

From a publicity standpoint, though, 8L is wiser, so that the people in the concourses can see AF1.

When 8R is closed for maintenance it's fun to watch the heavies go off 8L. Try a C-5A, watch it use almost every inch of 8L [okay i'm exaggerating, sorry].

This may make seem old [age is an attitude], I always used like watching the old 4-holers take-off from 8L, when the center concourse actually had a viewing area. They would scream. okay roar by, belching out thick black smoke down 8L toward DH and beyond. Ooh! The smell of burnt jet fuel ... smells like victory!  Big grin Okay, I've seen "Apocalypse Now" one too many times. Thanks Robert Duvall. For you youngsters, a couple of spotters on this thread can back me up on this.

The Gen Av lot is like that on Kona wind days, the smell of burnt jet fuel as the jets taxi by on RT going to 26L.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:16 pm

I got the reg # of that DC-3 @ Genavco. It's N9796N. I ran it in the search, but nothing, yet. In all that went on, I forgot to post it earlier, sorry.

Does anyone know if AQ's 732QC, N805AL, now a dedicated freighter? It ran a day cargo flight, AQ840 around noon today.

Hey all, we are nearing 10,000 views!

There was an earlier post about locking this thread, and this guy sick of HNL, and all the attention it was receiving. Was I angry @ 1st? Yes! But to reply right away, would have increased his negativity. I chose to wait, and receive a much stronger, but subtle answer from my Heavenly Father above, and this is my response ... I feel sorry, and pray for that individual, and for his jealousy, and what other ill feelings he may have. The best thing we can do for him is pray, and not give him flak for his comments. That would be sinking to his level. Let's rise above it, and show him some of the Aloha Spirit that makes this place special.

We here in HNL live in a special place. Every airport has its rarities! I just decided to make note of the rare birds that pass through HNL either going to Asia, or going to the mainland. I did not intend to start a trend, but it happened, and so be it.

[Edited 2004-02-12 11:33:45]

kalakaua

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:42 am

So nobody wants to answer my question...
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

HawaiianHobo

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:51 am

Bluewave,

Do you know by any chance why Hawaii Express went out of business? I had never even heard of them before until today!

Heh, I would have flown with them all the time just because of their livery.  Smile

-Jordan

HNLFlyBoy

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:55 am

Kalakaua, I would answer your question, but don't know what the answer is. Hopefully, someone will be able to answer it. I know the shot was a pretty fast one, so not sure if anybody caught the reg. # on the a/c.

kalakaua

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:57 am

HNLFlyboy, thank your answering my question anyway. You are one to respect.

HawaiianHobo

Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:03 am

Kalakaua,

You could try to talk to Zippy's media department and ask for a copy of the commercial. Usually if you get ahold of the right person, they'll send you a tape of it for a small fee (to my understanding, anyway).

You should get a response at: [email protected]

....(sniff)....I still miss watching those DL L1011's landing on 8L.

-Jordan

HNLFlyBoy

Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:04 am

Not sure if I am gonna qualify here with any rarities, but I at least wanted to post what I saw this morning...I was out at Lagoon at around 6:45. On the way out, I saw a NW 744 on taxi after landing on the runway that runs parralell with Lagoon, sorry I don't know the name of that one. The 744 was in new colors! Also saw a JAL 742 Resocha on taxi as well, no biggie there. I saw an AQ 732 out on the Reef holding for the longest time and then eventually turning around and going back to the terminal. Anybody know what happened here?

Hung around to see a CI Airbus 340-300 take-off on Reef. It was VERY quiet on take off. I was impressed with noise level. Anybody know where she was off to? TPE or NRT? Saw a PL A340-300 landing and the Korean Air T7 arriving. Oh and saw a UA 763 heading for SFO. That's their 8am depart. right?

The treat of the day....I first saw it at Bradley, back facing Lagoon, stairs down waiting for its pax, I think it was a GS IV. Could have been a V. In any case, I saw what I thought was it take off from one of the runways closer to the terminal and I thought oh well. BUT, just as I was about to leave, I hear something coming around the corner from GA. and then, the nose appeared. It was beautiful, came right by the fence and then taxi'd down for take off on Reef. Short, powerful roll and then up it went. I DID catch the reg. #, N820MS. A search of the photo database using that number came up with nothing, so if anyone can help out with some info on that a/c, it would be great.

I haven't gone out to spot in awhile, so this was not only a treat but really fun. Long live HNL and a.net!

clipperhawaii

Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:13 pm

Today's "HNL Rarities Blast From the Past" circa 1956.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Ted Quackenbush

Down Lagoon Drive was once John Rodgers Airport. You had "arrived" in Honolulu as you stepped down the stairs to a waiting hula dancer and lei greeter.

The smell of flowers was always in the air and the tradewinds blew softly as you anticipated your first mai tai at the Royal Hawaiian.

"You Can't Beat The Experience"

clipperhawaii

Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:20 pm

Wow 10,000 hits!

Impressive Bluewave707.

Everyone loves Hawaii!

Aloha!

B4REAL

Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:24 pm

Does Lagoon Drive give good spotting? I have heard it does, can someone describe the vantage point or point us to a photo taken from Lagoon drive?

My first trip to HI, I got the 'turnaround and go away' treatment from police not letting me get down there.

B4REAL, spelled like it sounds & @RickVanover on Twitter

hawaiian717

Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:56 pm

Regarding the Zippy's ad...

Hadn't seen it for a while, but last time I was in Hawaii (Dec 18-Jan 5) I did see it air at least once. No idea on the reg, but the interior is correct for the Delta L-1011--the "fasten seat belt sign" looks just like the ones on the aircraft, aside from the addition of "Next Stop Zippy's".

Regarding The Hawaii Express...

From what I remember being told, the owner of The Hawaii Express never really intended to operate the airline long term, just sell a bunch of tickets and make a quick buck. Must have worked at least partially, since this was the same guy who later started Air Hawaii.

Anybody remember these guys?

View Large View Medium

I couldn't find a photo in the database at HNL, but I know they flew in. Remember one time calling around for tickets to Hawaii, Air America was cheapest but they wouldn't accept a credit card, so we ended up flying somebody else.

David / MRY

[Edited 2004-02-13 06:57:42]

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:56 pm

Amazing! 10 new posts today! Over 10K reads, yeah, baby! Way to go fellow HNL Spotters.

Clipperhawaii,

Another great photo find on the site. That's even before our time. Reading the caption of the photo, there's something peculiar. Seaboard & Western became Seaboard World, which in turn was taken over by Flying Tigers, who was taken over by FedEx. Guess what? It all ended back to the LD side of HNL. Okay, I had a long day, and one too many ... energy drinks. Can't wait to see what you pick for us next.  Smile

Air America ... didn't even knew they flew here. That livery was Total Air wasn't it?

The Zippys DL TriStar ... better have a real good VCR to slow frame search it. Or what you could do, is digitize thevideo and run it through a computer using Photoshop.

B4Real,

You must have been here during elevated security levels, which was why you were turned away. If it's yellow or below, there won't be a checkpoint.

Before you continue in this post. Scroll down slowly, read the question 1st.
Okay ... bit of trivia ... which two airliners did BOTH AQ & HA have in their fleets?

DC-3

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mel Lawrence
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mel Lawrence

&

Viscount

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mel Lawrence
View Large View Medium

Photo © Mel Lawrence

Did you guess correctly? Clipperhawaii, I know you got this one.  Big grin

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:18 pm

I know some of you may have answered DC-10. Well, yes and no. Yes, AQ had leased a 10 for overseas flights, and was painted in the yellow/orange livery. No, in the sense that it never did catch on, and was returned a short time later. But ... to satisfy everyone here you go:

View Large View Medium

Photo © AirNikon
View Large View Medium

Photo © Je89 W.

The HA DC-10 from our very own Je89_W! Nice shot dude.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:25 am

Backfire from the UK created a post about possible An-225 traffic @ HNL in the coming days. I took the liberty of copying his message. Tally ho!

"Just a heads-up for those interested - there's a formal request been lodged for a couple of An-225 flights between Honolulu and Milwaukee to transport eight train carriages to a trade show. Trade show is in Chicago (Feb 23-26) so you might want to keep your eyes open."

I don't think this bird will be hard to miss. Even an An-124 is a sight to see. Any of you guys got a good wide-angle lens? You'll probably need it for the An-225.

hawaiian717

Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:01 am

Yeah, the Air America livery was the same as the Total Air livery. Same airline, Total Air changed their name to Air America. If you look in the database, there are shots of Air America in Eastern livery, but the Total Air version is what I remember seeing of Air America.

David / MRY

hawaiian717

Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:20 am

The An-225 is currently en-route to HNL from ANC.

It's listed on FlyteComm as flight ADB993F. ETA 4:22pm.

David / MRY

T prop

Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:53 pm

The AN225 is on the ground in Honolulu, it's parked in the north ramp hardstand. Does anyone know when it departs?

T prop.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:33 pm

Will go tomorrow morning to take a look for the An225. Thanks guys for the info.

Did go this morning. There was an AQ 73G (N746AL) doing a run-up on RA, by the fire station. It taxied by the fence in front of RT, but my camera battery died when I squeezed the trigger. Doh! There was a Kalitta 741F departing 8R, right as it rotated, the infamous Truck 39 drove along the fence, and stopped by the dumpster. He got out to check out all the people hanging around the Gen Av lot. I didn't need to stick around, and made a smooth exit.

There's also a NetsJets BBJ @ Bradley, I didn't have time to check it out, but will do so tomorrow.

There's also a private jet, can't tell which type, behind the Anderson Aviation building, it's been there for over a week. It has the Indianapolis Colts blue horeshoe logo on the tail. (I may have posted it before)

clipperhawaii

Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:02 pm

Today's "HNL Rarities Blast From the Past".

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mel Lawrence

This Air New Zealand DC-8 is parked roughly were gate 24 is today. The Ewa Terminal was in it's final design stages awaiting the "new" jumbo jets and had yet to be built in 1968.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:44 pm

Clipperhawaii does it again! Another awesome blast from the past.

The Russians are coming! ... Wait! The Russians are here!
I just checked FC, there is also an Volga-Dnepr An-124 @ HNL. It arrived from Mountain View, CA tonight @ 1923. So there are two Russian heavies resting @ HNL. I definitely am making a trip out there. The An-225 itself is ultra-rare. I just pray that both Antonovs are visible for a photo op. Though I cannot imagine it would be too hard to miss. If the An-225 is parked on the NR, the condo that blocks my view of the United Cargo side of NR is hiding it very well. I would think it would be parked by the CO hangar.

All we would need is an Aeroflot IL-96-300 (in its new colors, of course) to complete the Russian-made super-heavies. I know there is a Russian tour company here. It would be quite interesting to have an Aeroflot flight serve HNL. The closest major Russian city would be Vladivostok (VVO).

HNLFlyBoy

Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:55 pm

Bluewave,

I think I heard the first Russian Heavy on descent into HNL. I live in Kaimuki at the base of Maunalani Hts. and heard something around 1600h like I had never heard before. I didn't recognize those engines so I think it was "de plane, de plane, boss de plane is here!". I looked out my window, but due to scattered clouds I couldn't see anything.

je89_w

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:02 pm

Just saw the AN-225 up close and personal, at night, and of course, no camera. It was a beautiful sight, the plane was parked at an angle, with its nose wide open!  Wow! It was so neat!

There is also a Volga-Dnepr AN-124 sitting next to the Asia Pacific Airlines on the South Ramp.

I was told these aircraft will leave early next morning.

Air Force 1 / any special military flights leave on 08L to get out from Hickam ASAP. They don't have time to taxi out to the reef runway.

Saw the Zippys commercial. Not too sure where the DL L-1011 was taped.

HNLFB, the NW B744 landed on runway 04R. There is 04L, but only GA traffic use it. Seeing two GA planes take off side by side on 04R/L is a common thing. The CI A343 you saw was headed for TPE (CI002). The CI B744 flight flies from HNL-NRT (CI18).

There was this large "X" on runway 22L. This is the first time I've seen it, especially when planes landed on runway 04R. Does anyone know anything about this?

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:19 pm

Je89_W,

Thanks for the heads-up about the two Antonovs. I plan to be out there around 0830 tomorrow. Might not be early enough.

As far as the "X" goes, it's a sign to visually warn pilots the runway is closed. Was it yellow? Was it lit up or flashing? I saw that about several days ago sitting on the departure end of 8L. HNL ATIS said in its NOTAM that 8L was indeed closed. It's so bright that I can see from my condo lanai.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:37 am

The An-225 just departed HNL on 26R(!), I went on my lanai to check things out and saw the behemoth taxiing into position. If I only had a good camera with a 500mm lens.

It's Kona wind time!

clipperhawaii

Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:08 am

This is the An-225 as it took off bound for HNL.

I believe that this is the first time that this type has been to HNL. Is this true?
Now all we have to see is an "arrival" picture.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Sokol Ymeri

ha763

Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:52 am

I tried to get a picture of the An-125 since the -225 was already gone. But the -125 was parked at an angle and I couldn't get a good view of it from where I was on the ramp. I was not about to drive up and take a picture of it either.

je89_w

Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:05 am

Well, I went out this early morning (07:45), and as Bluewave said, it was already gone. But I saw them tow the Volga Dnepr AN-124 from the South Ramp to the North Ramp hardstands.

The winds were blowing from the south early this morning! I also saw a lot of cool stuff:
-NZ B767-300 taking off on runway 22L
-AC A343 taxi/takeoff on runway 26L
-NH B742 (missed it).

Have to go now, will write a little more. Also managed to meet Bluewave today!

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:08 pm

Well, I got to meet our resident hot-shot photographer Je89_W, while spotting @ HNL this morning. He and I got a few shots while chatting: a JL DC-10-40, a CI 744, and two UA's [a 763 and 772]. Unfortunately I missed the PR A340, and the old colors NW 744. I had to go videotape a wedding in the area, but I'm quite sure Je89_W got some quality shots, of those I missed and more. Did you get the An-124 departing?

The way the post sounded from the guy in the UK, the An-225 may be coming back soon(?), if its for the train thing.

Another NetsJets BBJ is @ Bradley, the one I reported on yesterday, is registered N156QS.

je89_w

Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:42 pm

The Volga-Dnepr is still there, actually, with its nose wide open too!

The B737 BBJ left.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:30 pm

Just saw on FC that there is a Lynden Air Cargo (L2/LYC) flight headed here. It's a L-100 (C-130) flying as LYC404 from Shemya, AK (SYA) via ANC and Elmendorf AFB. The ETA is 2218. It would be safe to assume that this rarity will be parking @ Hickam AFB, considering where the flight originated.

je89_w

Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:00 pm

Now I have more time to write about today.

Anyway, as soon as I got to the airport (07:45), the NZ B763 was taxiing past the North Ramp hardstands for runway 22L departure. At the same time, the Volga-Dnepr AN-124 was being towed to the hardstands. Decided to catch the NZ B763.

There were 2 A343s in HNL today; Air Canada and Philippine Airlines. Caught both of them. Pretty unusual for an AC A343 to leave at this time of the day . . . normally it would leave around 03:00. Must have been delayed.

An NH B742 also arrived from Sapporo, and I missed the arrival. Unfortunately, I had to leave before its departure. NH's charter flights to HNL are getting more rare, not to mention NH using a B742 instead of a B744 . . . plus the winds were blowing from the south!  Wow! There are only 2 B742s left in NH's fleet—and will probably drop to 0 in no time! If only I had a little more time at HNL . . .

At around 09:30, 4 aircraft (the aircraft Bluewave707 mentioned), taxied out for 26L. From what I've noticed, UA always uses 22L, even with their B744s. This was my first time seeing UA use 26L with their B763 and B772 (Caught a UA DC-10 on RT, just before they were retired). Also my first time seeing CI use 26L.

Also caught a bunch of JALs (pity JA8906 didn't come in today!), HA B763s, and a Northwest B744 taxi out for 26L.

That's all I can remember for today. Despite me missing the AN-225, and NH B742, this is by far the best morning I've spotted in HNL for a long time! Also met Bluewave707 too!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos