Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

je89_w

RE: HNL Rarities ...

Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:03 pm

Will post the shots ASAP—tomorrow at the earliest.

We have now reached 400 posts! Hopefully the numbers will still go up!  Smile

tbear815

Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:53 pm

Wow! I congratulate all you people on your great thread! My first trip into HNL was on a PA 707-320B, PA001, went to LIH on an Aloha Viscount (code then was TS, not AQ), back to HNL on an Aloha F-27, and home on a PA 707. Only terminal in HNL was what is now the "central" terminal. Large observation deck on the top and all the airline clubs on ground level around the gardens. On both arrival and departure, we took wiki-wiki's to the plane. Even though the a/c was parked at the terminal, baggage claim was a covered open-air area on the DH side of the terminal. On departure, we took wiki-wiki's from the terminal to an outer area (see the pic of the the NZ DC-8 above). That was the parking area for inbound international flights (look behind the NZ 8 and you will notice a QF 707). We were on PA002 (in from TYO) HNL/SFO (and NO IFE in those days). Many trips subsequently has seen major changes at HNL for me. Regardless, it still means ALOHA when I arrive and, yes Clipperhawaii, the first thing I head for is a Mai-Tai at the Royal! Mahalo to all of you enthusiasts. Lots of changes over the years, but lots of love associated with those changes! Keep this thread alive!

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:15 pm

Tbear815,

Welcome to our little spot in the Pacific, and the Internet! If you have more goodies to share, by all means, please go ahead. AQ Viscounts & F-27s? Which livery? Do you have any photos taken of those and even the PA 707 (a timeless classic.)? What year was that?

We've broken 400! Forget 500, let's go for 1,000! We've already broken 10K on the "Views" list. You guys are awesome! With the next post, #403, combined with the previous incarnation("A 727 & two 737s..." 97 posts), we got the 500 thing done!
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

B4REAL

Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:33 am

Bluewave 707:

Thanks for the tip on the rules (elevated security levels) about Lagoon drive.

b4real
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds & @RickVanover on Twitter

airxliban

Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:01 am

what is the record for the most responded to thread?

i hope it is this one  Smile

here is my one-post contribution.
PARIS, FRANCE...THE BEIRUT OF EUROPE.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:52 am

It looks like this thread is attracting posts from around the globe. Thanks AirxLiban for your kind words. We've also had posts from Australia, and Mexico among other countries.

I don't know if there are any records. This thread was never meant to set or break any records, just to report on rare birds passing through HNL.

I have to thank all the contributors for taking their time and energy to post their messages, MAHALO NUI LOA! Let's keep this thread going, as long as there are Rarities in HNL!

Smile

Bluewave 707
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

HNLFlyBoy

Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:07 pm

"On behalf of Capt. Bluewave, First Officer Je89_w, and your entire HNL based spotting crew, we'd like to thank you for choosing to post with us at HNL Rarities. We here at HNL Rarities realize that you have a choice of threads to post on and thank you for choosing to post with us. We look forward to hearing from all of you whether it be from a Trans-Pacific, South Pacific, Inter-Island or other international destination. We bid you our fondest aloha, a hui hou, and "mahalo nui loa", thank you once again for choosing HNL Rarities"

(sorry Bluewave, I couldn't resist. Now we will see who the TRUE a.neters are out there!)

B4REAL

Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:07 pm

Bringing this topic back to topic  Smile

(Simply posting to see if it is the biggest will likely get it closed)

Are there any regular operators of the CRJ in HI? I know HA and Aloha don't operate it, but maybe the island hoppers. I checked the photo database and found none.

Further, the occasional delivery with extra fuel tanks may make it through HI??? Or would they more likely ride Canada, Alaska, and Russia?

So, I guess a CRJ would be a HNL rarity? Any feedback?

Riding the bluewave

[Edited 2004-02-16 04:10:01]

ha763

Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:48 pm

No CRJs or ERJs in Hawaii. They really are too small cargo wise for HA and AQ and were not even considered when HA decided to replace the DC-9. It really wouldn't be practical for the smaller carriers because they fly into the smaller airports that ban jet operations. The closest aircraft to an RJ in Hawaii are the business jets.

The only RJ type aircraft that flew in Hawaii is the BAe 146.

B4REAL

Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:51 pm

Good point, the cargo ops in Hawaii are a unique requirement that can only be fulfilled by air and sea.

Though the land transfers are pretty thorough on the islands ( I have a friend who works for Hawaii Transfer in HNL).

Does the 717 have cargo capabilities for ULD cargo or is it loose items?

tbear815

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Mahalo, Ladies and Gentlemen and at this time please make sure your seat belts are fastened, your tray table in an upright position, and any luggage stowed under the seat in front of you. After take-off, we will be making a sharp right turn (bank for those of us who know) and to the left side of the aircraft, you will have a view of downtown Honolulu and as we climb, the left side of the cabin will also have a terrific view of Waikiki and Diamond Head. As we travel, you will see the Kahala district and Koko Head. While we climb to the Northeast, those of you on the right side of the cabin will have a great view of Moloka'i. Please sit back, relax, and think of the wonderful things that make Hawai'i the Paradise of the Pacific. As you view these islands, please remember that Mark Twain wrote, "The loveliest fleet of islands anchored in any ocean."

I guess I've been there so much that I've lost count. HNL/Rogers Field has grown, but there is still nothing like HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH/JHM - bring me home!

je89_w

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:40 pm

I must say HNL is truely a unique airport!

My recent flights were all toward Asia, so I don't see much of the city, but we do see Kauai and Niihau.

HNLFlyBoy

Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:50 pm

Oh TBear, I'm so tempted to elaborate on your post....maybe later tonight I will. reply #412 and counting!

hawaiian717

Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:05 pm

Looks like the An-225 is back in HNL. From FlyteComm:

Detailed Flight Information:
Antonov Design Bureau Flight 993F to Honolulu, HI
(HNL-Honolulu International Airport)

Airline Antonov Design Bureau
Flight Number 993F
Departure City (Airport) Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
Departure Time 02/15/2004 10:16 AM
Arrival City (Airport) Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Arrival Time 02/15/2004 04:51 PM
Remaining Flight Time 00:00
Aircraft Type A225
Current Altitude 0 feet
Current Groundspeed 0 mph
Flight Status Arrived

David / MRY

Jet-A gasguy

Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:58 pm

Understand its departing Monday at 0700. Better come early and bring your cameras!

J-AGG
Find a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:24 pm

Just got home from an Private Franchise industry briefing several minutes ago... Wow! look at all these posts! Some pretty amusing stuff.

The ADB An-225's back in town, huh? Leaving @ 0700? If I get up in time, I'll try to watch it from my lanai. Just be careful around HNL, there is the Fun Run tomorrow morning, traffic getting ther might suck.

Was Kona's for most of the day. Did anyone see the An-225 make it's approach over Waikiki? It must have caused a mini solar eclipse.  Big grin Okay, I'm sorry! No more big airplane jokes. When she sits on the ramp, she really sits on the ramp! ... Alright, I'll stop. Where's the drummer when you need him.

RJs @ HNL ... Ha763 is right. Discovery Air used them for their inter-island service. I posted a photo a while back. It's sister airline Debonair, carried the exact same livery (except for the name). I-i cargo is a challenge using an RJ. If a third "major" were to start up, that would be the route to go. Also, if WP were to make the move to jets (not any time soon), it would be the wise thing for them to do. I have a feeling it won't be long, but sometimes change takes time. We shall see what the future holds.

Bluewave 707
Topic Author

Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:15 am

Here is the departure info for the ADB An-225 from FC:

Airline Antonov Design Bureau
Flight Number 6994
Departure City (Airport) Honolulu, HI (HNL)
Departure Time 02/16/2004 08:22 AM
Arrival City (Airport) Milwaukee, WI (MKE)
Arrival Time 02/16/2004 08:40 PM
Remaining Flight Time 08:18 (planned)
Aircraft Type A225
Current Altitude 0 feet
Current Groundspeed 0 mph
Flight Status Planned

We are closing in on 11,000 Views! Should break it by the day's end.
Wow! Went over 11,000 in a few minutes.

The ADB An-225 just departed a few minutes ago. I got to watch it from my lanai. What a sight! A C-5A can't compare. It surprises me how quiet the 225 is as she passed over downtown and Kaka'ako. About as loud as any modern jetliner. Gotta get a better shot of her the next time she's in town. Did anyone go to HNL and get pix of the 225?

[Edited 2004-02-16 19:29:20]

Jet-A gasguy

Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:01 am

I'm told that the thirsty Mriya, gulped some 53,000 gallons of Jet-A for her trip back to Milwaukee.

Air Canada brought in the A330s last night instead of the usual A340s.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Alex Grégoire-Denicourt

Don't see these too often in HNL.

J-AGG

je89_w

Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:17 am

Wow! Now here is the list of aircraft AC has brought into HNL once upon a time:
  • B747-400

• B767-200

• B767-300

• A330-300

• A340-300

• Thought the Antonov 225 would leave in the early morning again, so I slept in.  Sad

HNLFlyBoy

Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:04 pm

A little off subject, but I just caught the last 15 minutes of the Concorde documentary on The Travel Channel. Does anybody know when it is going to air again?

HNLFlyBoy

Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:11 pm

Ok, sorry for the post again, but I went to Discovery.com and found out that Concorde: The Final Flight will be airing at 7pm HST, 12am EST. I am so there for this one.

je89_w

Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:05 pm

Cool, thanks for the info HNLFB. I'll be watching it.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

StevenUhl777

Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:11 pm

Wow...it's the thread that just keeps on going...

I recall someone posted a link to the original thread on the morning of 9/11/01, and that one went over 400, but not sure. This thread is probably close to that now.

And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

Bluewave 707
    Topic Author

Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:08 pm

Another UK import that AQ used ...

View Large View Medium

Photo © John P. Stewart

je89_w

Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:09 pm

Just watched the Concord film, and the film on "big aircraft" that followed it.

The Concord film featured fellow A.net spotters including Phil Derner Jr. and Mario Craig. There was also video footage of them spotting with other NY spotters. Of course, the main idea of the film was the Concord.

The "big aircraft" film featured:
  • A340-600

• A380

• A300 Beluga

• Helios

• Military pilotless plane (forgot name)

• C5 Galaxy

• Antonov 225 (appropriate timing for us HNL spotters  Big grin)

• Pretty interesting videos. Thanks for pointing it out HNLFB!

HNLFlyBoy

Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:35 pm

I watched the Concorde show tonight on Travel Channel. It was absolutely awesome. On that note, I remember seeing a Concorde here at HNL at the G/A ramp, but don't remember when. So I did a search in the photo database and came up with these two shots....

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jason Takeshita
    View Large View Medium

Photo © Jason Takeshita

I'm surprised that after 400+ posts, no one has ever mentioned Concorde's rare visit(s) to HNL.

Cheers to all!

Bluewave 707
    Topic Author

Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:02 pm

Actually the Concorde has been here at least twice since 1990. Both times I believe they were AF Concordes on ATW charters, and parked at Century. I think it was mentioned once on this thread, if not, the "A 727 ..." one.

One thing I may have forgot to mention about the An-225 that left this morning. It's got a pretty good rate of climb for a big bird. When she departed 8L(!), she was moving as fast as a 744. She's faster than a C-5A/B. You know how a C-5 moseys on down the runway, and seems to linger in the air. Must be the An-225's six engines. I don't know how much weight she was carrying, but if it was as much as a C-5, she was rippin'!

It's been speculated that the USAF may be planning to re-engine the C-5s (and B-52s) with more modern powerplants in the future. I think there's something on the military aviation thread about this.

Bluewave 707
    Topic Author

Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:46 am

Here's a 707 blast from the past ... sorry Clipperhawaii, couldn't resist.  Smile

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King
    View Large View Medium

Photo © George W. Hamlin

The photo on the left was taken by Royal's dad, nice angle.

clipperhawaii

Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:50 pm

I love this shot. Look carefully, no "new" tower. We "old" HNL spotters should recognize the location that this photo was taken from. Remember the old upstairs open air observation deck?

Oh the good old days!

View Large View Medium

Photo © Howard Chaloner

"You Can't Beat The Experience"

je89_w

Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:57 pm

Wow! Antonov 225 taking off on 08L?!?! Whoa, would love to be at the Island Air parking lot at that time!  Nuts Did she lift off early or late?

T prop

Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:30 pm

Yeah, the office building at Island Air was an excellent location to see the AN 225. I was listening to ATC and heard the controllers directing the it.

Original instructions from the ground controller to the Antonov crew were to taxi from it's parking spot via taxiway alpha onto 22R (the controller called it 22R even though 8L was in use) Back taxi on 22R and then 26R, left on Romeo Bravo to 8R, whew! Thats about a 4 mile taxi.

The Antonov crew followed the instructions given until the point that they were supposed to turn left onto RB, they turned right 180 degrees and started to line up with 8L. The controller sees this and advises them that they are lining up with 8L instead of 8R, and although ATC had wanted them on 8R they were cool about it. The controller asks the Antonov crew if they would rather use 8L and they reply in the affirmative. The controller then asks the Antonov how long they will need before they are ready to roll, 75 seconds is the answer the Antonov crew gives. The controller clears them for take off and 75 seconds later they're rolling.

The big airplane accelerates surprisingly quickly IMO and it rotates at about the intersection of taxiway lima. Rotation is a little different from what I'm used to seeing. The nose wheels come up slowly, and the mains leave the ground roughly at the intersection of taxiway delta. People on board a HA 717 taxying on bravo must have been surprised to see that behemoth hurtle by them! At first the deck angle looks shallow, maybe it just looks that way because of its size, but by the time it overflys the departure end of the runway it's climbing smartly. The aircraft rolls right, but not before it's flying over Keehi Lagoon park. Anyone on the ground down there now knows what aluminum overcast is!

I must say that the AN225 is a very impresive aircraft, not only in size but witnessed performance. I was expecting a very loud smokey takeoff, it was just the opposite, quiet and clean as far as exhaust emissions. In fact I would say it was as quiet, if not quieter than a 747-400.

I'm glad I got to see it.

T prop.

je89_w

Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:35 pm

Thanks for the detailed explanation T Prop! Would have loved to see it rotate! But good thing I saw her in real life though!

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

T prop

Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:38 pm

Looked at your photos Je89, They're great! I really like the NZ A320, wow! excellent lighting on that one. I'm sure they'll all be accepted.

T prop.

Bluewave 707
    Topic Author

Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:24 pm

Clipperhawaii,

I miss those days too! Ooh, remember the smell of fresh burnt jet fuel right in your face, when the jet made its turn out of the gate, to taxi to 8L.

The state SHOULD have built an observation deck when they re-built the center concourse. Can you imagine some of the shots we all could have got over the years before the tragic events of 9-11 (and even after)? In the words of Homer Simpson, "D'OH!" Just the view of Diamond Head alone would have departing tourists, and residents moving away get that one last shot of DH eventhough wa-a-ay in the background. It may be a bit on the high side, but any photo op is better than none. A deck right over gates 17, 18, and 19? The state dropped the ball on that one one mm from the goal line.

Oh yeah, silly me, I forgot, the state has regs against taking any pix @ any HI airport because they think we might make some $$$ off the photo(s), and they wouldn't get their cut. (Knowing the state of Hawaii, they would have charged a user fee.) That's the way I interpret the link I posted a while back.

T prop,

Very well documented. I only caught the last couple of transmissions before the An-225 took off. Must have been a sight to see up close. It was quite impressive watching it climb out over downtown from my lanai. Some downtown office workers might have got a surprise as they looked out their window, especially if they didn't have their coffee yet.

Je89_W,

More awesome photos from our resident ace phtographer! Your photography skills are quite impressive, as well as some of the angles.

If the a.net people don't select your photos something is very wrong. In fact, the word ... Okay, if I don't have anything nice to say I should keep my mouth shut, and I will.

Bluewave 707
    Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:44 am

Winds turned south around 1300 today. At last check, about 10 minutes ago, planes are still making their approach from the east.

Went out there, but nothing special. One thing I did notice, was an AQ 732 departing 22L. It was the first time I have seen that. I-i departures usually go from 26R @ Echo.

Will go spotting tomorrow, hopefully early.

Oh yeah, that DC-3 (yellow & blue stripes, no rudder) in the Genavco hangar was partially outside, the titles on the fuselage read "Kamaka Air". Anyone heard of them before? I checked the "ANAAH3E", and found no listing. Is Genavco changing their name? I couldn't get a decent shot considering having to shoot through 3 chainlink fences, I don't think the autofocus would have handled.

[Edited 2004-02-19 03:52:25]

clipperhawaii

Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:55 pm

Kamaka Air used to fly Beech 18's and at one time was the "Official Carrier" for Kalaupapa on Molokai.

Today's "Blast From the Past".

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mark Heywood

Remember those baggage labels Bluewave?  Smile

"You Can't Beat The Experience"

Jet-A gasguy

Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:08 pm

Not necessarily about HNL, but OGG was shut down for a few hours today due to a crash. From what I heard, the aircraft lost an engine and crashed just short of the runway.

In HNL, UPS brought in an all white MD-11 just purchased from JAS. Headed to Singapore to undergo freighter conversion.

J-AGG

T prop

Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:21 pm

Kamaka Air has a couple of Beech 18's and now a DC-3 by the looks of it. I don't know whats happened to Genavco, Harry Clark the owner died last year and I haven't seen a DC-3 fly since.

I recently watched the movie Along Came Polly and this Kamaka Beech 18 had a small part in the movie.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Georg Suschnigg

T prop.

je89_w

Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:15 pm

Quite rare to see AQ B732s and HA B712s depart 22L. Only saw a Hawaiian B712 and AQ B732 use that once. Perhaps it was the wind direction?

Got a shot of the Kamaka Air plane. Is it a DC-3? I thought the red and blue plane next to it was a C-47 (DC-3). The red and blue C-47 (no registration number) wore the "Aero Venezuela" titles in 2001. Someone told me that the plane was used in the movie "Pearl Harbor", and that was the reason why the "Aero Venezuela" title was applied. BTW, Kamaka Air has 2 Beech 18s, from what I've noticed. The other one is all turquoise.

Thanks for the comments guys!  Smile

After looking at a photo I took back in 2001, I noticed a plane in the background that looks like a Cessna 401/402 with a magenta, sky blue, navy blue cheatline that runs from the tail to the nose of the aircraft. Anyone have any info about it?

What exactly happened in OGG today?

ha763

Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:35 pm

I'm not good at ID'ing smaller aircraft, but according to the news it was a Piper Navajo. I believe that the reg is C-GPTE. It experienced a fuel pump problem on its way to OAK and turned around to OGG. Channel 2 showed a Coast Guard video that showed the plane crashing short of the runway. The pilot survived. Runway 2/20 was closed for a couple of hours, but 5/23 was open for interisland flights.

http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/2857611/detail.html

HNLFlyBoy

Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:49 pm

Je89_w.

your shots are amazing. The clarity is wonderful. I love the CO 764! Great detail and the angle that you caught the Asia Pac 727 really showed off the winglets! Hope you are applying for the AQ Explorers program. I don't know if it was around when I was your age, some 20 years ago, but if it was, I probably would be in the aviation industry now. You have an incredible future, keep it up.

je89_w

Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:54 pm

Thanks for the comments HNLFB. I'm pretty intersted in the AQ Explorers program. Have to wait a few more years.

More shots coming up from this past Valentines Day.

Bluewave 707
    Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:35 pm

Clipperhawaii,

I remember the bag tags. I believe mine are in a box @ my grandparents' house. We had some classics, huh? The question remains is what condition are they in??? Considering it's been well over 20 years, and the type of paper and adhesives will come into play. I'll have to check on them when I go see my grandparents, and see how they (and the tags) are.

Come to think of it ... I found an OLD JL Japanese-English vocabulary pamphlet while I was moving back into my condo. It was stuck with some other Japnese-English dictionary / language books. I think it's over 30 - 40 years old. Almost threw it out!?!

Hey! Remember the postcards???  Smile

Je89_W.

The colorful Cessna 402 in question used to be with Pacific Wings. That was the last livery for that type. As colorful and sharp-looking as they were, I never got around to getting a picture of them. Corporate Air used to do some of the maintenance on them. One of the alternate colors was scarlet / yellow / green. I can't recall if there was a 3rd version.

Yes, praise God! The pilot is okay from his accident in OGG. Of all the times I have been to OGG, I have yet to see (or be in) traffic on runway 5/28.

Do you know when the UPS MD-11 leaves?

ha763

Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:51 am

Saw something new today. There was a deWinds L-1011 freighter parked at the north ramp. Never heard of them, but it apparently is a US carrier since there was the US flag on the #2 engine. Didn't see a reg. Also on the south ramp was a Jatayu 727. It was too far away to see the reg and it looked exactly like this one, except the tail looked more red than pink:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Mark Kopczak

Jet-A gasguy

Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:15 am

Blue-

The UPS MD-11 departed at about 0600 this morning(Thursday)

J-AGG

Bluewave 707
    Topic Author

Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:57 am

Saw the Jatayu 722 @ Century. The reg # was N848AA. Could ony see the tail section from the ASH parking lot. I managed to get a shot but it might be too pixelly

Did not see the L-1011. Too bad I missed the MD-11F also  Sad

je89_w

Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:12 pm

Wow, a lot of unusual aircraft passed by this week!

Yes, good thing the pilot survived the incident in OGG!  Smile

Bluewave 707
    Topic Author

Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:24 pm

Did a little research on today's sighting ...

View Large View Medium

Photo © Marc Sauthier

Here's N848AA in her glory days with AA.

Jatayu also has one of N848AA's fleet-mates, and in a hybrid livery, among other 727s from US carriers.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Vector Grafix

T prop

Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:53 pm

Here's another Jatayu 27 sitting in front of Century.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Georg S

Also saw the Navajo crash landing video in Kahului. You can clearly see that the aircraft stalls and the right wing drops out from under him. If he had been a little higher the airplane would have cartwheeled and turned into a fireball, that's one lucky pilot!

T prop.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos