Here's what stood out for me in last nights episode
1. The passenger "Holly Hunter" should be given a free ticket as a "thank you"...it is very rare where a person ADMITS that they made a mistake, and willingly pays the additional amount to fly home early. As decent as she was to the agents, if I were a passenger, I would have given up my seat for her and taken a later flight. If all your customers were like her, your jobs would be easier. Unfortunatly, they're not. But thank you Holly, for showing the world that decent people really do exist.
2. I feel sorry for the baggage claim folks - the one guys bag had a small rip, and he could fix the frays in that nylon with a Bic lighter. The "very expensive" bag with "thousands of dollars" of clothing and toiletries looked like something that I'd be hard pressed to stuff $500 worth of clothing in. Having sold luggage for a time at Neiman Marcus, I can only say - don't buy Louis Vuitton to travel with...the baggage machines could care less if it's LV
or a safeway bag. Both will tear.
3. The pilots retirement flight was great. The "salute" with the fire trucks was pretty cool. And Herb was Herb.
4. The agent helping to "clean" the man. IMHO, you could tell that even if cameras weren't there, he most likely STILL would have done it, judging from the comments about his mother. The man seemed truly compassionate.
5. The guy trying to pass the expired RR
ticket. He was a pretty good con man until he got caught.
6. The lawyers - should have been sent home and let them file their lawsuit. The agent went above and beyond to accomodate them. "We will
sue should have been met with "Then you'll need to talk to my attorney" from the agent. I believe that you should get what you give. That's what they should have got.
7. "I'll never fly Southwest again" comment from the baggage claim customer. Oh how I wish they could take names and have the res agents refuse to sell the ticket since they vowed "never" to fly them again. I've had poor service on some airlines, but I will never say "I'll NEVER fly you again". Because I might not be able to guarantee that. Don't say it if you don't mean it.