Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

klmcedric
Topic Author

Ever Had Celebs On Your Flight?

Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:24 am

As an FA I had my fair share of celebreties on board. ( Beyonce Knowles, lots a guys from the dutch national soccer team, Victoria Adams, The Platters, Kim
Clijsters, some members of the dutch royal family, Shania Twain and Jay Leno
so far)
As a passenger the only celeb ever was when I was non-rev LAX-AMS in C-class
I forgot the actors name but it was the huge guy (who now is in a wheelchair)
that used to play jaws in the old James Bond films.
Who did you guys had the "honour" of sharing the same plane with???

theflcowboy

RE: Ever Had Celebs On Your Flight?

Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:28 am

I've sat next to Derrick Brooks from the Bucs once.

I saw J. Peterman from Seinfield in the Charlotte airport once.

MD

crberkley

Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:32 am

flying back from HNL- LAX..Owen Wilson was sitting in the row in front of me. nice guy..

PiedmontGirl

Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:46 am

I've had a good number of celebrities ride on my flights over the years.

An old time actor named Joseph Cotton
The late Ava Gardner
Carol Channing
Elizabeth Taylor when she was married to John Warner
Pam Dawber (Mork&Mindy) and her husband, Mark Harmon
Joe Namath
Clint Eastwood
Johnny Cash and June Carter
Dolly Parton
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Alan Jackson before he became famous - he was dating one of our F/As
Lassie and his handler

klmcedric
Topic Author

Ever Had Celebs On Your Flight?

Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:58 am

Can anyone help me with the the name of that actor playing Jaws in James Bond. You know, the one with his metal teeth.

Sabena332

Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:59 am

I met only three celebs on my flights so far:

• Patricia Richarson: I saw her at my departure gate at LAX on June 9th, 2000. She flew also on AF to CDG, of course in another class than I did.

• James Brown: I saw him in Terminal A at DUS on August 11th, 2001. He boarded the flight to MUC, I flew to FRA for an a.net meeting.

• Juergen Domian (German radio talkmaster): I flew from DUS to TXL on August 24th, 2002. I noticed him in the gate area during boarding.

• Patrick

drerx7

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:01 am

A friend of mine had Mannie Fresh (Cash Money) on a Southwest flight between New Orleans and HOU. I've had Dr. Debakey on a flight from MSY-IAH (Continental).

Leskova

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:06 am

No celebs - just politicians... Robert Mugabe (President, Dictator and Top Idiot of Zimbabwe) - and a few "local" German politicians...

skytrain

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:06 am

Margaret Thatcher on a BA flight a few years back  Smile

Cheers - Skytrain

bongo

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:09 am

Back in 1988, I was seating next to Mr. Joe DiMaggio, Famous Baseball player and Marilyn Monroe's Husband. Flight was Buffalo,N.Y - MIA.

steve6666

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:09 am

O/T and up for deletion: It was Richard Kiel who played Jaws in The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.

MerC

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:12 am

KLMCedric:

I believe his name is Richard Kiel.

Regards,

MerC

planemad

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:13 am

My grandparents sat next to Princess Diana a while ago on Concorde (JFK-LHR)

ba319-131

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:13 am

I sat in 1F whilst Cliff Richard sat in 2A on a BA flight from LGW>FAO some years ago.

Not related,but I got drink with Chris Tarrent once,but I guess loads of people have,and i've met Kylie,what a fox!!!!!!!!

airbusfanyyz

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:19 am

Sachin Tendulkar (Indian cricket captain) was on my LH flight BOM-FRA.

Cheers,
    Kaz

airlinebiznut

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:25 am

Christopher Reeve- LAX-JFK DC-10. This was when I was new and I asked him for his autograph. I accidentally called him Mr. "Reeves"...he said...Hey! My name is Reeve..R-E-E-V-E...There is no -S-....You need to get my name right! " I never got an autograph (not that I wanted it anymore)

Donald Trump and Marla MaplesLAX-MIA 767- They were VERY nice (just a few months before Marla got caught with the bodyguard) She was just "famished" and had to be fed some warm nuts before take-off to keep her from fainting. Later....I had to have the captain reset the airphones in order for the them to work in Business Class. The "Donald's" phone call was disconnected mid-conversation. Hope I did not cause a million dollar calamity.

Jaqueline Bisset767 MIA-LAX-We were delayed for 2 hours and she still gave me an autograph from herself and "Gwen Meagan" (whom she played in AIRPORT)

Matt Dillon and Cameron DiazDC-10-MIA-LAX He had his hand in her crotch the entire flight and a grin on his face. Very classy. She is very nice!

Raquel Welsh767-MIA-LAX Referring to her meal she said..."This is s--t. I don't eat s--t". Other than that she was ok.

Barry and Maurice Gibb (Bee Gees)DC-10 MIA-LAX They are so nice. A very younf Special Services agent showed up to welcome them aboard and asked us where Andy Gibb was sitting. One of the other flight attendants replied "Well..he may be in the cargo hold but he is definitely not in F/C"

Jerry Lewis-SJU-JFK A-300 I was pulling tickets and as I pulled his ticket and handed him his boarding pass, he said "Don't you know who I am?" I acted like I was about to faint (like Ethel Mertz). It made his day! He thought I was serious...Which I am glad he did...no need to crush his ego.  Sad

Drew BarrymoreDC-10 LAX-MIA- She was sooo nice even though she was being irritated by another flight attendant that was telling her about all the other celebreties he had had the pleasure of meeting. I finally rang him for across the cabin on the interphone and asked him to "shut the f--k up". He then told Drew what I said...She started laughing.

There are more...but those are the ones that come to mind right now. Flying out of New York and Miami for 17 years...you used to see them....Now they are gone to Netjets.

[Edited 2004-01-20 22:43:43]

JetboyTWA

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:25 am

I sat next to John Grisham once on a TWA flight a few years ago.
    -Ryan

navairjax

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:31 am

Back in 1987 Robert Urich on EA LAX-BOS (I recall the gentleman sitting next to me asking if there were any open first class seats and the flight attendant replied, " I'm sorry but we have a celebrity on board.")

pilatusguy

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:33 am

I was on the same flight from JFK to ZRH on Swissair a few years ago with then Swiss president Adolf Ogi. Of course he was in first, I was in coach....

JetboyTWA

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:36 am

My mom was a TWA F/A for 20 years. She had her share of celebrities.

Including:
    John Goodman
    Fran Dresher
    Lucille Ball
    George _____ (oriental guy from StarTREK)
    and the list goes on and on........ These are just a few I can think of on the top of my head. Most of these were on the STL-LAX or LAX-STL routes.

She also worked aboard the Sultan of Brunei's jet in the late-80s.

-Ryan

airxliban

Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:38 am

The only time I have ever seen a celebrity at any airport or any plane was when I saw Alex Ferguson transferring from terminal 4 to terminal 1 at Heathrow. He was waiting for security check.

KaiGywer

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:05 am

I was on the same DC9 as the King of Norway.

CitationX

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:15 am

Over the years I've spent a good portion of my working life in the DL Crown Room at ATL waiting for connections. This is also the "waiting" room for most celebs flying DL. I've seen sports guys like Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Grant Hill, "Refrigerator" Perry, Mark Brunell, Charlie Ward and Dominique Wilkins. Entertainers such as Mel Tillis, Pat Boone, Peter Gabriel, Ricky Skaggs, Tommy Shaw (of Styx), and Amy Grant. Others include Tom Bosley (Happy Days), Linda Lavin (Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore) and golfer, Nancy Lopez.

POSITIVE RATE

Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:54 am

Just a question. Did anyone ever happen to be on the same flight as Selena(Tejano singer)? She used to fly Southwest a lot i think. I'm just curious as i'm a fan.

mirrodie

Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:22 am

2 years ago, I had this local NY TV news reporter on my flight,
    I was seated in exit row and I had 2 friends sitting in the seat ahead of me.

his name is Ti Hua Chang. Of course, he was the last guy on the flight.

I was flying from FLL to LFA and was so tired. I basically got to the airport really early so that I could get an exit row seat and just collapse.

Then he gets to his seat next to mine in the exit row and asked me to MOVE so that he could sit and make out with the lady with him. They were seated apart.

I politely said, No, I am tired and need the legroom, can you ask someone else.

Well, as the plane ascended, old Ti Hua was playing BITCHY ELBoWS with me as I tried to doze off.

Then when we leveled off, he went ot he back of the plane (AA Super 80) and stood up against the wall with his girl, making out near the bathrooms.

FUnny thing is that it wasn;t until AFTER we landed that my friends said, "Dude, that was Ti Hua Chang you ticked off."

And I never heard of the guy until that day  Big thumbs up

FLIBOYZ

Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:27 am

On a flight a couple of years ago after the Grammy awards in Los Angeles. From Los Angeles to Boston. Aerosmith. Had all 9 seats on the flight in First Class. None of them drank any alcohol if you can believe that. Nice as can be. I asked the lead singer why no drinking and he said that they had had enough that weekend. But very nice and humble group. Shocking that they being a popular rock 'n roll band.

N62NA

Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:31 am

A friend of mine flying EWR-LAX once had Jimmy Doohan ("Scotty the Engineer" from the original Star Trek series) on his flight.

Fortunately, there were no in-flight failures of the engines which would have required Scotty's engineering skills and Mr. Doohan enjoyed a smooth flight!

FLIBOYZ

Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:36 am

Paula Abdul, Christina Applegate, Glenn Frey, Bob Saget, Ellen Degeneras, Dave Winfield, Janet Jackson, and a couple people from the Young and the Restless soap program. All met these people when I used to work for Aloha Airlines a few years back in Honolulu.

USAFHummer

Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:43 am

Eric Gregg, former National League Umpire (though at the time he was still active)...he was traveling in F on a US 757 from PHL-LAX after doing a Phillies series, to do a Dodgers series...my mom and I were in F too, and my mom was actually sitting next to him...nice guy, gave me an autographed baseball...

Greg

CVGpilot

Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:50 am

Britney Spears is in the ComAir data base as a past customer, LOTS of unclaimed sky miles also. Ill take em.  Smile

dmerinop

Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:00 am

My mother sat next to Mary Black a few years back. I sat with Mary Black´s son, we were only about 7 years old. All those british and irish people should know who I´m talking about, Mary Black (singer).

Did anyone ever seat next to or in the same plane as Eminem??? That´s one of my dreams.

Regards everyone,
    Dani

SlamClick

Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:13 am

Linda Lavin played the title role on a show called Alice
    Alice's Restaurant was a song by Arlo Guthrie.

garnetpalmetto

Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:19 pm

Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20 on a DL flight from ATL to LGA

rducky

Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:25 pm

Not me, but my older brother sat behind Will Smith aka "The Fresh Prince of Belaire", on USAirways PHL to LAX...

Rrducky

BOEING747-700

Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:37 pm

Going to AMS from YYZ on June 18,2003 we had the Canadian Womans hockey team flying with us. Some of those women were so hot, others well YikeS.

nethkt

Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:50 pm

Andre Agassi

BA F class July 03 after he lost early to Mark Phillippousis he flew back LHR-LAX with Steffi Graf and Jaden Gil (they bought Y ticket for their son and want him to sit in F class, too bad, all seats were occupied!!)  Big grin

Jude Lax

UA F class April 01, JFK-LHR

B777FA

Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:54 am

So Far :

Dolph Lundgren (747SP JFK-LHR)
    Dr Ruth (DC-10 JFK-LAX)
    Mike Wallace (DC-10 LGA-DFW)
    David Charvet (DC-10 JFK-LAX)
    XuXa -Brazilian Star (777 GRU-JFK)
    Caroline Kennedy and Family (A300 SJU-JFK)
    Naomi Campbell (777 JFK-GRU)
    Luciana Gimenez - Brazilian Star (777 GRU-JFK)
    Morgan Freeman (777 JFK-LHR)
    Bill Pullman (777 JFK-GRU)
    morgan Fairchild (DC-10 JFK-LAX)
    Susan Lucci (DC-10 LGA-DFW)

b741

Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:12 am

I wonder if Jude Lax has ever flown into LAX. No pun intended!

nwacrew

Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:10 am

In the early 70's a friend of mine was flying to Puerto Vallarta aboard Hughes Air West, and she marveled during the flight at the remarkable beauty (especially the eyes) of two young English schoolboys sitting across the aisle.

When the plane landed in P.V. the two boys deplaned just ahead of my friend and walked into the arms of their beaming mother - Elizabeth Taylor.

tguman

Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:16 am

This December I flew with a Soccer team from Honduras. Motagua had just played a game in LA and I was sitting next to a guy on the team on my flight from IAH - TGU.

TGUman

scf158

Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:23 am

I met LL cool J who was waiting at the luggage things in LAX... I got a picture with him and everything...
    I went down LAX to go to disneyland so this was a double bonus.

PSAjet17

Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:29 am

In 1967 we were returning from Japan and were booked on United from SFO to SAN. Alfred Hitchcock was sitting in the front row of first class on the aisle. My dad took a picture of him, siloutte style with the sun shining in the window.

In the 80's and 90's I met alot of "Celebs" while traveling on Delta. I have had the pleasure of having Jane Pauly (it was strange to hear the flight attendants call her Mrs. Trudeau) , Calvin Peete and Alice Cooper (a group of German students were also on the flight. They thought Alice was Keith Richards and asked "Mr. Richards" for his autograph. When he told them he wasn't Keith Richards, they almost ran to the back of the plane with their tails between their legs, not realizing who he realy was) as seatmates. I also ran into Norm Abrams and Richard Trethewey of This Old House in the Cincinnati Crown Room

Tlima

Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:12 am

On a CO flight last summer from SAT-IAH, I saw the lady who played Florence (the maid) in the TV series, The Jeffersons. Sorry, can't think of her name of hand..

I had noticed people in the terminal talking and asking "can I have your autograph?" and I turned around and saw who it was.
    Then when we boarded the plane, she was in First class off course, and she seemed like the sweetest lady and she was saying hi and smiling to every person that got on that plane.

That's the highlight of my celebrity list! Smile

TLIMA

kjet12

Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:21 am

Sat next to Jack Wagner from General Hospital on a UA 747-400 DEN-LAX. I was in 4E (First Suites) and he was in 4F. I had no clue who he was, but my aunt, who was in the window seat and a G.H. fan, told me who he was. Got his autograph on a First Class menu. Johnny Cochran was also on that (very full) flight in 62F. No joke!!

Kris

joleb

Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:29 am

I have seen many people(P. Diddy, Naomi Campbell,Princess Noor from Jordania etc) on Concorde (LHR-JFK) but also the whole Belgian cycling team on Delta on their way to the olympics in Atlanta and Toots Thielemans to Montreal for the Jazz Festival a couple of years ago

BlueJet

Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:42 am

Michael J Fox (A300 SDQ-JFK)

Steve McNair (MD88 PBI-LGA)

"Kiruba" -Winners of the Ecuadorian version of American Idol (B727 GYE-UIO)

ABQ757

Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:04 am

Scf158: "Baggage Things"????? I believe they are called Baggage Claims.

The only run-in's I have had were in the airport while waiting for a flight.

Val Kilmer-waiting for a UA Flight ABQ-DEN. I was going to LAS on WN.

WWE Wrestlers- I believe they were waiting for a UA flight. I was waiting for my friend on a DL flight. This was back when you could go past the checkpoint without a ticket.

Tony Gwynn- He was waiting with the SDSU baseball team WN ABQ-SAN. I was waiting for WN ABQ-PHX. I got an autograph, he is a very nice guy.

Gabe

globetrekker

Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:32 am

At the check-in counter:

Oprah Winfrey (talkshow host)
    Simbad (comedian)
    Earth Wind and Fire (singing group)

On the airplane:

Henny Huisman (Dutch celebrity)
    Patrick Kluivert, Frank and Ronald de Boer and Pierre van Hooijdonk (soccer players)

cs03

Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:50 am

Just a few:

Andy Rooney from "60 Minutes" AA (Eagle) ALB/JFK SD330 (?) and Michael Jackson and company (J class PA 747 FCO/JFK (1985) with stop at LHR due to engine fire!

ArmitageShanks

Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:58 am

In June I was on an Alitalia flight between Brussels and Rome with Jennifer Capriati onboard.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos