Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wimpycol
Topic Author

LanChile A New Livery?

Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:48 pm

Will LanChile get a new livery?

strange.... because the last one isn't that old!!

Saludos
Wimpycol
Colombia... can't wait to be there again!!!!!!!!!!

ushermittwoch

RE: LanChile A New Livery?

Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:52 pm

Where did you hear about that?

I would find that hard to believe since the current livery isn't that old and it is one of the classiest around.
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

HikesWithEyes

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:06 pm

No kidding...the current LA livery is one of
the best out there. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
¡Por Dios!
First, benzene in my Perrier, and now this!

VSGirl

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:09 pm

I like their current livery, why do they want to change it!?

Kimberly.

TBCITDG

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:11 pm

Don't change the livery just change the uniforms!!!! Please. Very very outdated. Also the Flight attendants attitude could use a change as wel. Oops hope I did not offend!

VSGirl

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:13 pm

lol TBCITDG,

When I last flew with them I thought they where quite nice, but then again, I was asleep for most of the flight...

Kimberly  Smile

LanFan

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:15 pm

Lan Chile could do itself a favour by retourning to the old scheme.

Not only should the flight attendants get a better attitude, but the entire airline should return to their old customer service standards.

TBCITDG

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:35 pm

Lanfan
I totally agree with you. Haven't thigns changed. I flew with them AKL-SYD and was astounded at how rude the crew are. I have flown many other carriers and it is sad to say that they are there with the worst. I do not understand. They could be the best airline in Latin America, but their crew always lets them thown.
eg. little old lady asked crew mwmber for pen. The young vixen looked at her, and told her to buy one when she gets into Sydney. Stormed off and was never seen again.
Sorry to say but who cares about the Livery . . . change the crew!

wimpycol
Topic Author

Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:47 pm

Well I was just wondering after I saw the info with the next pic.
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=214723
Maybe anyone some more news on that

HikesWithEyes: If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

POR DIOS!!!!

I agree with you.... I also like their current livery.

Saludos
Wimpycol

lima

Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:18 pm

Hola Wimpy (allees goed met jij jonge?)

I think is a mistake of understanding. The picture refers to Lan Ecuador. This airline is operating a 767 and A320 from Lan Chile. It means sometime soon they should be changed and have Lan Ecuador painted (just like Lan Peru).

Lima

lan707

Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:37 pm

Yes there will be a change in Marc04h in the color scheme.
Changes will be in the tail, the horizon will be gone,less blue on the top
of the fuselage but a cheatline on the fuselage instead.

One 320 & 340 will be repainted first and later one the rest.

The info I have the image will be reviced due LAN what´s want to be a gobal player in Southamerica. The name LAN Chile is to local for Chile, but
together with LANPeru,LanEcuador,LanDominicana and the new project
LanArgentina,LanColombia the need one brand name and this should on the
planes as well.

The titles will be only LAN.

Lan will celebrate it`s 75 birthday im Mar 04.

But i doubt it it will be nicer than the current one!!!!!

Cheers

LH526

Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:05 pm

Hi Björn (LAN707)

can you pleae contact me via email, I have some questions about Lan (I'm a half chilean and have many friends who work with LanChile in SCL)
[email protected]

thanks
Mario
LH526

Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

wimpycol
Topic Author

So It's Really True!

Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:33 pm

Hello Lan707

Thanks for the info on LanChile.
Do you have any photo of the new colors????

Well it's sad that they will change their colors, but I understand the reason behind it, to become a global player and the first in South-America.

How about the LanCargo division???? Will they do the same??? Change colors and become a global player... or first see what happens with LanArgentina and Colombia. Because that still isn't sure!!??

Personally I hope that there won't be a LanColombia. Por dios please let Avianca as it is!! For Avianca we must wait until the end of the month and see what will happen.... or Continental / Copa or the Lan group will take it over.

Hola LIMA!!
como estas?? Espero que muy bien!!!
About LanChile... I thinks it's true and maybe in the future a new airline like LanArgentina and LanColombia in our beautiful countrys!!! I hope it won't happen and that Avianca and Aerolineas Argentinas will become better again.
Sorry for being ingrato, was very busy last year also in Colombia 2 times. It was great! How about your study?? Hope everything is ok. Did you visit Argentina last year or planning to come back this year?

saludos
Wimpycol

lan707

Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:28 am

Sorry I have not seen any photos so far only rumors, but the last info I have that the colorscheme will loose the beautiful horizon.

I give new info asap, 1 of the 4 A-340 will be repainted soon.

Lan will come to Argentina soon or later. Argentina is one of the most important markets for LAN. Everything step by step like in the past few years.

Cheers

Lan_Fanatic

Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:00 am

LanChile changing the livery??? Where did you get that info?? What a pity. I find LanChile's livery one of the best in the world.

Well...about the service, I've heard a lot of times complaints about the SCL-AKL-SYD route. Does anybody know if the crew is changed in AKL? If it doesn't, then there may be the reason of the bad service.

BTW...the "horizon" is not supposed to be a "horizon". It is a stylized view of Chile from the sky. That's its meaning.

And Lanfan...why do you want the old livery back? It is outdated and made LanChile look like any other chilean state-owned company. There is no comparison between the old Lan and the new one. The new one is really a great airline.

lan707

Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:20 am

Hi Lan Fanatic,

there will be no color change, it the colorscheme will reviced a little bit and the Chile will dissapear.

That`s all!!!!!!!!!

There is a crew change in AKL. This crews flies AKL-SYD-AKL.
The heard this route runs very well in codeshare with QF and they gonna put a 4th flight this years

saludos!!!!!!!!!!

ClipperMonsoon

Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:13 am

LANFAN, i also couldnt agree with you more on the subject, as a former employee of LAN in Miami, i miss the red and blue stripes, as for the crews and mangement that i dealt with, i met very very few who werent filled with arrogance, i can say ive never been treated as rudely by any company as i was by LAN Chile. Not being Chilean, I was treated like a second class citizen,(im American of latin descent, living and working at an American airport, so go figure) now i wouldnt say all people from Chile are like that but it was my general feeling being employed by them, and ive never been able to consider them a world class airline based on my experiences, so i hope some the attitude changes as well.
The true Queen of the Skies has an HF antenna probe atop the stabilizer, the Boeing 707-321B

TBCITDG

Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:31 pm

Lan 707:
Where did you get the info that there will be a Lan Argentina, or even a Lan Colombia?
Lan Chile had the option of buying into Avianca late last year, but did not go trhough with it due to the large debt that it would need to take care off. Maybe down the road yes, but nothing is official.
As for Lan Argentina, Lan Chile have always wanted to break into the Argentine market. They especialy would like to get their hands on the EZE-MAD sector and the EZE-MIA sector, both are very profitable routes, but:
1. SW/Federales would have already been sold to LAN during the aviation crisis. Had this gone ahead, the current Argentine Goverment would not need to subsidice the airlines now.
2. Lan have tried many time before to get access to the aviation industry, only to be blocked off by the Department of Transport.
3. The Argentine Goverment does not whant another "SW/FEDERALES" to occur and as a result would be hesitant to sell off or allow LAN to enter the market.
4. The general pupulation in Argentina are very patriotic. They would roll over if they where to see LAN Argentina operate.

TBCITDG

Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:07 pm

Lan707:
Keep in mind that SCL-SYD is not a Lan Chile flight. It is a Qf flight operated and paid for by LAN. The only reason it is a codeshare flight is because under QF gave LAN a very small percentage of seats to sell as their own. When QF pulled out of EZE, the major partners of OneWorld ordered Lan to do these flights, especially since QF had no spare planes to operate this route. So they pay for practically everything, fuel, catering maintenance etc etc.
The contract is up for renewal in March of this year, so who knows if LAN will continue to service AKL-SYD, especially with the number of planes that QF are getting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos