Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Furture Plans Of "Airline" Show?

Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:55 am

Anyone have the scoop on any future plans for the show?

Should it succeed in future seasons, do they plan to stick with WN, or to follow other more interesting/exotic airlines? ..etc?

Chi-town

RE: Furture Plans Of "Airline" Show?

Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:58 am

If Southwest decides to go for another season will the show more operations at different aiports besides LAX and MDW? I would like to see perhaps, DAL, HOU, PHX, LAS....?

goingboeing

Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:07 am

Should it succeed in future seasons, do they plan to stick with WN, or to follow other more interesting/exotic airlines? ..etc?

They tried follwoing more interesting/exotic airlines...but those airlines wouldn't agree to be a part of the program.

NIKV69

Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:07 am

I am sure they do, I doubt other airlines will join the fray but A&E is a great station. I think after they see the popularity of the show they will branch out to other airports.. Be patient the show has just started!!

airportplan

Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:17 am

I read somewhere recently that some of the major US carriers that turned the show down now want to get on board for next season.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:25 am

I'd imagine it'd be somewhat more difficult for the show to crew int'l locations... but could you imagine them following say, UA-- one minute you're lookint at a missed donnection in Narita, then an unruly passenger at Heathrow, concluding with star-spotting in LA.  Wow!

ckfred

Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:34 am

I enjoy the show, but I would like to see more behind the scenes stories, such as how WN handles a shutdown of MDW due to storms, snow or fog, including rescheduling passengers, crews, and aircraft.

It might also be fun to watch a time-lapse of everything done by the baggage handlers, mechanics, caterers, and flight crew to do a sub-30 minute turnaround.

goingboeing

Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:36 am

They'd most likely focus on a domestic hub. That's why they picked LAX as one of the cities...they were hoping to get a mix of international and domestic passengers...but none of the majors were willing to go along. My guess is this - if they covered a major, they'd most likely focus on the guys who are making jerks of themselves by demanding upgrades and reminding the poor gate agent of their "elite" status.

BR715-A1-30

Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:28 am

I would be interested if the focused on AA. I wouldn't watch to see how the passengers acted towards the agents. I would watch just to see how the agents act toward the passengers.  Acting devilish

ramprat74

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:40 am

The show is already growing old with me. Its already boring. I don't care about parties or Chicago Cubs games.

trijetfan1

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:47 am

I enjoy the show, however I agree with Ramprat74, I dont care about anything outside the airport. Also it would be nice to see some other airports in there. Like Port Columbus, Cleveland, and Dallas/Fort Worth.

707guy

Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:04 am

We were talking about this show at work the other day - we think it would be cool to show what goes on on the ramp. Of course we were thinking of our ramp, but anything showing how and what we do would be neat to see. Maybe help all the passengers understand how much work goes into making sure the flight goes out on time. We have fun everyday so I'm sure it would be entertaining.

RE: Future Plans Of "Airline" Show?

Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:09 am

I too am already tired of seeing what happens in the "off" time, keep it in the airport, and I know it was filmed over the summer but I would like to see future episodes dealing with a snowstorm as previously mentioned. I also don't think that you would see too many employees being themselves if they included other airlines as not too many "majors" back up their front line people the way Southwest does, I can just see a few CEO's picking people off for any little bit of individuality. just my two cents

Karl

NIKV69

Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:18 am

Yes that gay couple was getting a little boring, yes I would love to see how they deal with a nice blizzard. That would be good, give the show a chance it's only been 3 weeks!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos