Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

amhilde

RE: What Airline Will U Never Fly Again?....

Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:32 am

You know, whenever Im doing the LAX-LHR shopping, which is about every 6 weeks, UAL/LH always comes up with a cheaper fare. And i dont think ive ever once considered it, but I guess thats what happens when you are loyal to VS in particular. But in looking for fares cross the country, i STILL dont consider UAL I havent considered them for so long that there are completely off my radar screen  Smile Frankly, id rather give $50 to another airline ( and its never that much more) that i would rather fly than fly UAL
Hang on tightly, Let go lightly

GoAibusGo

Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:35 am

Dutch Caribbean Airlines, DCA.

Possibly the worst airline in the world and also the worst to work for.
You cannot compare the "worstness" with the worst airline in the US, believe me

nyskymasters

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:20 am

I know this is going to upset a few folks here but it is definitely Jet Blue. The gate agent was probably the most unprofessional individual that I have met in quite some time but when I sent an email to Jet Blue about the incident it took three weeks to get a response. The response was three paragraphs long but could have been reduced to two words..."Oh well!" Now if that is Neeleman's idea of customer service then I don't want to have anything to do with B6.

UA744KSFO

Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:05 am

Continental. Despite how they may have improved under the direction and leadership of Bethune, I still have the horrible experiences with them in the back of my mind. I'll fly out of the way to avoid them and pay a considerably higher fare.

In 1987, when I was only nine years old, on an overbooked flight, they couldn't get enough volunteers, and since the plane supposedly "weighed too much" to make the EWR-LAX run, they decided to dump some fuel on the ground. Then they decided that they had to make a refueling stop in ABQ. The a/c was a DC10, so I never figured out why a refueling stop would have been necessary, even with a full load. Then guess what, they had the same problem on the way back! Another stop in ABQ! And the f/a's were really rude. One of them screamed at me when I asked a question (remember I was only nine).

Then in 1995, I had a similar experience with them at EWR when their gate manager was the biggest jerk in the world. I won't even go into that, but since I've never had an even halfway decent experience with them, I won't fly them unless I absolutely have to.

I also like to avoid AA and WN. The last time I flew on AA, it was on an M80, and talk about a piece of crap! I've never really liked WN, and it has nothing to do with their no-frills service, but more for their Texan attitude.

Notice that all 3 of these carriers are based in Texas! Not to offend anyone who is Texan, but it makes sense that George Bush and the three airlines that I don't like are from the same state!

AlitaliaORD

Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:11 am

flew air tran this holiday season, have to say one of the worst expiriences of my life. I had to wake up at 4 am to catch a flight and i had the flu, i thought the airline would be relaxing looking forward to reclining and sipping tomato juice. I get on the 717 i think i reclined about 1/4 inch before it stops, then when they give the drinks all they offered was cranberry and orange juices and water!

connecting at Hartsfield was awesome tho, its not the nicest airport (Air Tran terminal at least) but Delta has such an awesome presence!
Joy To The World, All The Boys and Girls, Joy to the Fishes in the Deep Blue Sea, Joy to You and Me

flyingnanook

Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:31 am

AgnusBymaster -

I flew LAX-ANC during meal times (both lunch and dinner) and was fed basically cheese spread and crackers.

No you didn't. The non-stop AS flights on LAX-ANC are red-eyes. During the summer, they also operate two non-stops during the day, but they serve full meals on those.

Hmmm....funny. I think I know when I flew. But I guess in your infinite wisdom, you know all the flights that I have ever flown. But you must be right, I'm a liar. In fact I've never flown in my life.  Big grin
Semper ubi sub ubi.

Cactus739

Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:09 pm

I'm amazed at the number of people refusing to fly certain airlines because of simple things. Ok, so American or United lost your luggage. When you consider how many bags they handle, how many flights etc.. one can hardly expect perfection each and every time. I know I certainly don't expect perfection from my employees, but I do ask them to strive for it. I don't fly as often as some of you do, usually about 2 or 3 trips a year lately, so I would think that my expectations for an airline would be higher since I don't deal with them week in and week out.

The ultimate goal of any airline is to get you where you're going, and safely. As long as they accomplish that, I have nothing to complain about! If my 2:05pm flight to Seattle is two hours late and I don't get fed and I don't have a TV in front of me to watch; I might be hungry and bored with the in-flight magazine, but I won't die. I'll get to Seattle and will go find a great restaraunt then watch TV in my hotel when I get there. As long as I get there and can still walk, that's all I really care about. Maybe I'm just too simple.

You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

captaink

Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:42 pm

As a PSA, when a customer tells me this is the last time they are flying the airline, I just laugh in the back of my mind. Why? Becuase come next year, when they are hunting for cheap summer seats, who are they gonna be checkin in with again? Guessed it right...

It is really unfair to judge airlines by one experience. And generally most airlines face similar problems and passengers as a result are affected similarly. I have had excellent service and absolutley horrible experiences on the same airline.

Granted, though some airlines just overdo it. Their policies and procedures make them what they are at times. But since they are still flying, it means people are still using them.
Look Up

AirframeAS

Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:01 pm

Every last one of you who said you wont fly on a certain airline again will. Mark my words. You'll at least consider it if the fares are right and/or times work out best.

Well, this might be true but, Im not willing to fly on WN again, no matter how low their fares might be. Even if WN's fare is lower than AS, I still wont fly with WN.

Once an AS customer, ALWAYS an AS customer! (With the exception of codeshare airlines...glad WN isnt one of em! Heck! They dont codeshare or partnership with anyone....thank goodness!!)

Just my 2 cents worth.

A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

JMChladek

Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:41 pm

For me, Braniff, TWA, Midway Airlines, Eastern and Pan Am (original version). Do you really need a reason why?  Yawn

AR385

Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:46 am

I would have to say IBERIA.
Most of the reasons have already been said here. I will add rude and incompetent staff, from gate agents to cabin crew. Their aircraft cabins are incredibly cramped too.

And to all those who say that what matters is the cheapness of the fare, I have paid more on other carriers and even connected on other cities to get to my final destination in order not to fly IBERIA.

sprxflySWA

Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:24 am

I have a never have/never will list:
Any Mexican or African airline. End of story!

LEARJET23

Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:47 am

AMERICA WORST! The biggest clusterfu*k in the air! Just would rather friggin' walk barefoot across the G.D. desert in the middle of July! Even the just released federal inmates who have miles logged with Con Air are often seen getting back on the prison bus at the airport rather than have to fly HP! What a sorry excuse for an airline! And watch out for the "baggage overcharge tricks" these scum have learned to play! Baggage A/C revenue is the "in" craze at HP now, the local T.V station did a story on it a few weeks ago (Phoenix chan 3 on ABC) excuse me, I'm getting sick just thinking about these "people"

VC745D

Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:09 am

Will never fly Capital again because I can't; will never fly BWIA again even though I can (but I'm not a masochist).

jeffrey1970

Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:50 am

SprxflySWA ,

Why will you not fly a Mexican or African airline? I am just curious.

God bless through Jesus,

Jeff
God bless through Jesus, Jeff

usdcaguy

Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:53 pm

Unfortunately, I'll never get to fly TWA again...their FA's were always great, very cheerful and more interested in the passengers than in making sure they weren't working too hard. Too bad Carl Icahn came along and ruined the party. JFK will never be the same without them.

NLINK

RE: What Airline Will U Never Fly

Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:17 pm

Mesa airlines, worst airline I have ever flew in terms of on time and reliability. Doesn't matter under which banner they run a bad operation.

phxmkeflyer

Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:01 pm

All I have to say is NOBODY is perfect and mistakes happen, having 1,2 or even 3 bad experiences with an airline does not justify not ever doing business with them again, those of you who do choose not to fly with a carrier because of a couple of bad experiences clearly have NO IDEA of what it takes to run an airline, there are literally THOUSANDS of variables which can cause a delay/cancellation, misplace a bag, etc......do yourselfs a favor and just TRY to work for an airline and understand some of the most basic operational concepts, i'm sure 90% of you would not last

COAB767

Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:16 pm

Alaska Airlines No question about it

1. old plane
2. rude f/a's
3. lousy food
Continental Micronesia: "Fly With The Warmth Of Paradise"

KLM11

Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:22 pm

For me, UA and WN are not my favorites. I enjoy DL and AC.

--KLM11
BENAIRE - The Refined Airline

An-225

Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:35 pm

Ok, here's my little experience with non-revving on UAL. I planned my trip to SFO. I had to go via LAX, since my flight out of DEN was cancelled. No problem. When I returned the next day, I had my flight delayed for 2 hours and then cancelled, and I had to be at work the next day. Fortunately, things worked out for me. I non-rev pretty much every week, and so far I had 4 mechanicals. Would I ever fly this airline again even if I was paying? You betcha. Things happen. You deal with them.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

anxebla

Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:50 pm

AR385...perhaps you found SOME rudes IB's employeers,but they aren't incompetent at all.And for CRAMPED cabins...the AM ones and his SMALLS
B767-200 for TRASATLANTIC flights.
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

jmc1975

Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:03 pm

SprxflySWA,

Do you know what you are talking about or are you just blowing hot air? Have you ever flown on an African or Mexican airline? Do you get out of the house much?

Last year, I flew on South African Airways and it was by far the best airline experience I have ever had....beats the heck out of US carriers. Atlanta-Cape Town/Jo'burg-Atlanta was on a 744 with PTV's and excellent overall service. Cape Town-Jo'burg was on a spanking new 738 w/winglets and there was a full breakfast in coach for a 2-hour flight. Jo'burg-Victoria Falls and back was on a 732, which was refurbished and was perhaps the nicest, cleanest 732 I've ever seen...they even served a little snack box on that 90-minute flight.

So before making a blanket statement, consider the truth in everything.

regupilot

Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:26 pm

I'm announcing my Research and Developing copany to enhace airline services.. I'm still looking for a name, please help me out, but we have oir business plan set.

- We will fix your FA's. If they look ugly we fix them. We have a worldwide network man cheking out for culture and people likes on FA's... We will put one of every type, to please your passengers.

- That same network, also looks for the better magazines, interior looks and meals to serve, so you could have the most dynamic and comfort plane ever! Everyone will fly your plane since it will be a multiple decoration, color, livery plane, so that every passenger fells ok!

- Our network.. If you like, but for an additional cost, is developing a device that will Control WEATHER!!! Now, you can open up a "Thrunnel" over the clouds to take off and land on severe weather conditions. That will really put you ahead of the competition!

- Al last... Our services includes certification for filling out Lost Luggage claims BEFORE it happens. That way, we will have your bag ready for you when claiming in the Baggage Claim counter.

All this is made because we are concern your passengers dislike some of your standard features.

This plan is not all yet, we are still researching.... any idea?

AR385

Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:25 pm

Anxebla,

You are saying IB's staff is not incompetent? Well, I don't know many airlines that buy three excellent carriers and then bankrupt them.

As far as the 767 being used in AM's transatlantic routes, you need to read more. The 767-200 and 300 fly more across the Atlantic than all other types of aircraft combined.

If you do a search of cabin pictures on a.net about IB, you will find many captions stating how cramped the cabins are.

In any case, why do you have to bring up AM and make this personal? Read the thread title, I'm only making my own comments.

jobalas

Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:42 pm

For me my vote goes to BA. They lost my baggages 3 times ( I flew them 4 times), awfull uniform, cabin crew speak only english ( no french, german or spanish!!!), english meal  Smile/happy/getting dizzy.
So we will see but I don't want to have anything to do with BA.
Regards
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la Terre...

Flyer732

Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:47 pm

"flew air tran this holiday season, have to say one of the worst expiriences of my life. I had to wake up at 4 am to catch a flight and i had the flu, i thought the airline would be relaxing looking forward to reclining and sipping tomato juice. I get on the 717 i think i reclined about 1/4 inch before it stops, then when they give the drinks all they offered was cranberry and orange juices and water!"

So you having the flu was AirTran's fault?

Welcome to a normal LCC flight.

GoBoeing, welcome to my respected list.

Fiedman

Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:56 pm

I would like to applaud the person who came up with this thread and I hope that some airline executive or airline employees read this post in an effort to improve there airline's service.

As for me the worse experience I have had was a flight from YQL to YYC on Canadian Regional in 1999 the flight was canceled dew to mechanical reasons and usually they would send out another plane to fly the passengers but for some reason they didn't on this occasion finally flew up to YYC on a late afternoon flight.
Westjet - Canada's National Low-fare Airline

anxebla

Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:00 pm

Well... I don't like the 767's for long haul flights.I don't like to spend more than 7 hours in this birds.And they are the most-used planes for Atlantic cos the 767 are the cheapest.Yes...for transatlantics routes this plane is the cheap option...isn't???
And I don't want talking about the relations between IB-AR and Viasa...It is the past (y no quiero hablar de ello porque me "quema")
I think (in general) europeans carriers are better than americans one between Europe and North/South America...best and bigger planes and best service.When I say "americans" I'm including AM and AR.

fuffla

What Airline Will U Never Fly Again?....

Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:09 pm

I will never fly ANSETT AUSTRALIA again.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

My reason is because they went bust!!!!!!! ha ha

VC745D

Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:17 am

"flew air tran this holiday season, have to say one of the worst expiriences of my life. I had to wake up at 4 am to catch a flight and i had the flu, i thought the airline would be relaxing looking forward to reclining and sipping tomato juice. I get on the 717 i think i reclined about 1/4 inch before it stops, then when they give the drinks all they offered was cranberry and orange juices and water!"

you fly with the flu AND complain? How about thinking about the rest of us?

Lan_Fanatic

Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:23 am

Of all the airlines I have flown (LA,KL,BA,AZ and AA) I have never had any problem. I would fly them all again. Maybe I wouldn't love to fly again in AA, because service was average the 3 times I flew with them, but I wouldn't say that it was enough to not flying ever again with them.

Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:17 am

For me?

Piedmont, Ozark, ONA, Capitol Int'l.

Too bad... I have some great memories !  Smile

God bless,

- Jeff

ibe1238

Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:45 am

I agree with ANXEMBLA
IB staff may seem rude but not incompetent. AR385, neither gate agents nor cabin crews bought AR or VA.
We may seem rude because when we have to say NO, we say NO and when we say NO it means NO.
Cramped A-320????? Well, our a-320's have a capacity of 150 pax. Like Swiss or AIR FRANCE. There're other airlines than can acommodate more pax in the same type of plane.
Once our flights are boarded we don't accept ANY PAX on board. We are rude for doing so??????
Manuel BCN

chilledflyer

Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:28 am

GUYS....stop complaining...have you ever been on a Chinese Domestic Carrier?! I'll tell ya all, its NASTY!
I remembered vividly flying on China Eastern MD-87 from TAO-Hong Kong, the window blinds actually 'fold up' rather than 'slide up' and most of the seats are broken in one way or another...and worst thing.....the tickets will cost you an arm an a leg! AND Don't even mention about the service nor the IFE (but if you call trying to barricade the toilet doors when you're in it as an IFE....I wont argue:P)

Only one word can sum it up: HIDEOUS!
Tom
Justice delayed, Justice denied

anxebla

Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:08 am

In America,the best airline in service,is,for me Lan Chile
AR385...How many times have you flow in IB??
By the way.... IB1238 is a "puente aéreo" BCN-MAD, isn't?

RonE

Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:36 am

Unless they underwent a MAJOR overhaul in service, my vote goes to Aerolineas Argentinas. I say this with caution since I flew with them back in 1994, so a lot of time has passed.

Why?
1. Check in was a pain in the you know what, taking far longer than check in for any other airline that I can remember flying with (and I've flown quite a few).
2. Take off was never on time, consistently! (I flew with them from Australia to Argentina and then various intra South American routes and back).
3. The seats on the long hauls: AKL-EZE and RGL-AKL, (SYD-AKL section operated by QF at the time) which were operated by 742's were made of harsh leather and extremely uncomfortable.
4. The cabin crew were rude and cranky throughout the flight.
5. There was a severe shortage of inflight magazines.
6. The movies sucked.
7. People were constantly moving around, blocking the aisles, talking loudly and smoking incessantly.
8. The earphones were made of cheap plastic- the old types of which you stick the edge in your ear. Man, you could have been putting nails in your ear and wouldn't be able to tell the difference!
8. To the best of my recollection, there wasn't one unplugged toilet in the entire Y class section.

Good enough?

P.S. Tom: yes, I have flown on a few Chinese domestic flights in 2001- let me tell you, they were quite allright. A320's and 738's were operated on my flights, the cabin was spotless, and the service not too bad either  Smile

blackbird615

Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:49 am

Nice thread Chicago757. On any given day all travelers are subject to variable problems ranging from rude F/A's to poor weather deviations. To those who choose not to fly a particular airline based on single incidents suggest you lead a sheltered life. Incidents occur regularly within an industry susceptible to a myriad assortment of regulations, weather, mechanical and personnel issues. Based on more than 7 million miles of commercial travel I've learned to cope and accept problems on a non-personal level and seek alternate solutions or calmness when delays or lost luggage occur.

Having said that service on all carriers has declined drastically in the last few years, then again so have the costs generally associated with travel. 5 years ago a flight from BOS to SEA with less than 7 days advance typically cost between $1,400 and $2,100, today I can find the same flight for less than $500.

Without doubt travelers experience inept and rude employees within airlines or for that matter in any life experience. In my experience when met with schedule changes, delays, or lost luggage courtesy and a calm approach generally elicit a better response from airline personnel. Try nice and leave ugly as a last ditch response.

Not long after 9/11 on an ATL to Denver flight on United I encountered a F/A who was rude, aggressive and clearly experiencing a personality flaw, or so I thought. 4 Days later on the return I was sprawled across three seats sound asleep and awoke with a blanket covering me. As I sat up and stretched the same F/A from the outbound trip handed me a bottle of champaign wrapped in a napkin with a hand written note thanking me for flying United. We all have ugly days and are challenged by work relationships and personnel issues. Typically speaking airline personnel are dedicated and professional and subjec to the same frustrations at work as many experience at their place of employment. I am not making excuses simply presenting an alternative method of thought and response.

In general I appreciate the quality and safety accorded me by airlines and there employees, flying beats driving and road rage hands down.

Never fly the "A" model of anything!

ibe1238

Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:06 am

Axembla
IB1238 is a BCNAGP flight
Where do you work?
Manuel

IBERIA747

Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:45 am

"You are saying IB's staff is not incompetent? Well, I don't know many airlines that buy three excellent carriers and then bankrupt them."

What a ridiculous statement...LOL

If you are angry (and it seems you are most of the time)...cool down before saying something like that (no confrontes cosas que no tienen nada que ver entre si sólo porque estás fuera de control). Used to happen to me also, but I have learned to control myself (antes de quedar en mala posición).

Besides, everyone here knows YOUR point of view about that SEPI-AR problem.

To answer the thread...the airline I will never fly again is Aviaco, because it doesn´t exist anymore.

¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:59 am

ANY AMERICAN CARRIERS >> SO BORING.
VIRIGN ATLANTIC >> BAD CREW + BORING IFE + NOT MUCH CHOICE OF DRINKS
WORST OF THE WORST NWA (RUDE CREW + NASTY MEALS + BAD SEAT PITCH + BAD LEGROOM + UGLY A/C, WORST INFLIGHT MAGAZINE).

MEA321

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:03 am

Delta
American
United

They are all horrible (dinosaur) airlines. I will never fly them again. There is no personal touch with them, it seems like the workers are all a bunch of robots tuned to perform their tasks.
MEA321

PA110

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:09 am

Geez folks, If I refused to fly an airline because of a single incident, I would be walking cross-country. As a frequent traveler, I've had at least one unpleasant experience with most of carriers I fly regularly, ranging from rude and indifferent ground staff, to malfunctioning IFE, to misplaced/lost luggage. None of these incidents are going to keep me from flying these airline again. I've also had lots of pleasant experiences on these same carriers. I, like most rational people (as opposed to most a.net users) select the airline that is going to best suit my schedule and budget. This is really a foolish thread, unless respondants site consistantly bad service on a particular carrier, not just one incident, or worse... the flying wannabees, who throw their two cents in based on perception rather than actual experience!
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:12 am

I agree MEA321. And don't forget Nw, Sothwest, USAir, AAEagle, and CO. Just horrible in comparision to European/Asian carriers.

anxebla

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:22 am

IB1238...
I work(ed)by IB (you know...6 meses si,6 no)at MAD-Barajas airport.And when IB "forsake me"  Sad I study,work by other things or,if I can do it...try travel a lot
 Big thumbs up
Are you an "indefinite" at BCN? Saludos...Manuel.And the same for you,Alfonso
Andrés...at MAD  Smile

Prinair

Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:45 am

Aerolineas Argentinas and Viasa were horrible and unprofitable long before IB got involved.
PRINAIR - Puerto Rico International Airlines

brains

Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:05 pm

Maybe I'm one of the quieter members of A-Net, but I've been part of this community for nearly three years and it never ceases to amaze me how many silly threads like this seem to pop up. Of course you are all entitled to your own oppinions and I respect that. However many of you seem very quick to judge. For example basing your decision on a weather delay, or because the airline lacks "style" VIVA ITALIA! or the flight attendants were ugly. It all seems very petty to me. We are amazingly lucky that air travel is as convenient, safe and inexpensive as it is, and we should be grateful that we are afforded the opportunity to simply buy a ticket, hop on a plane and fly halfway around the world in a matter of hours. If sitting in an uncomfortable seat,eating poor food and watching second rate movies is the price I have to pay to experience the wonder of flight and the excitement of travel, then so be it. It seems a very small cosequence to be able to wake up in Boston and go to bed in london in the same day. Blackbird615, and PA110 thank you for your eloquent responses and learned input. Its users like yourselves that keep A-Net a place that I want to be a part of.
Brains

aztec01

Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:20 pm

Eastern
TWA
Piedmont

ibe1238

Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:07 am

AXEMBLA
This is my mail [email protected]
Yes, I am "indefinite" at BCN since 2003. I was "FACTP" and eventual.
Manuel BCN

boeingflying31

Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:23 am

I don't think I would ever fly United again...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos