Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mhsieh
Topic Author

NWA PDX-NRT

Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:12 pm

I was wondering how much longer NWA is planning on keeping DC-10-30? As of now, this planned PDX-NRT route will be served by DC10 according to NWA.com info. Will NWA be swithcing over to A330 or 747?

ConcordeBoy

RE: NWA PDX-NRT

Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:18 pm

the flight will switch to A332 as they arrive and become available

ramprat74

Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:19 pm

They will be changing over to a DC-9-30 for the winter. Big grin

They are supose to receive their A330-200's around October. So plan around that time.

[Edited 2004-02-09 08:20:59]

bobnwa

Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:54 am

Lhr001,

Glad to see you back. I missed your answer on what Middle East airline flies to South America. I have looked at a lot of schedules but I can't seem to find it. Do you think when Northwest starts PDX-NRT it will move them up to a distant second behind UA as the largest US carrier to Japan?

These are just a couple things I need your help on.

Leneld

Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:50 am

Does Northwest plan to feed some passengers thru Minneapolis, Detroit to support this routes?

Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:02 am

Does Northwest plan to feed some passengers thru Minneapolis, Detroit to support this routes?

Passengers can choose to route themselves XXX-DTW/MSP-PDX-NRT if they wish... this will probably happen if PDX has low fare bucket inventory and the DTW/MSP gateways don't.

MSP-PDX gains an additional frequency, DTW-PDX goes year-round - double-daily most of the year, except during the winter months.....

LHR001

Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:42 am

We are talking about NWA..... The old DC-10-30's will be flown until they are ready to be put into a museum....

BobNWA.....

A suggestion for you... Go back and re-read the statement in regards to having to speak Spanish and Portuguese while working for a Middle Eastern based airline... There is a very common misconception that South Americans are poor.. That is to the complete contrary. Businesses in Brasil, Argentina, and Mexico frequently send their associates to the Middle East to do business.. In case you dont know..... There are Spanish and Portuguse speaking nations in Europe! Just thought you might need to be "educated"!

Dont forget that many Middle Eastern airlines have served South America in the past... by the way look for several Middle Eastern airlines to commence service to South America... One has served the region before and is making a much talked about return to the region..And just to educate you on a few things.... The Middle East is not limited to English speaking business people and leisure travellers... Are you aware of the numbers of people from non English speaking European and Asian nations that frequent the shores of the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain for leisure holidays! The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Qatar are huge holiday destinations for many people.. The appeal is much more attarctive than that of Puerto Rico or Hawaii!

LHR001

SCRAMJET

Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:51 pm

NW is already the largest US carrier to JAPAN. UA is the largest TPAC airline because they have nonstops to SEL, HKG, the S. Pacific, etc.
NW is second only to Japan Airlines in terms of Japan-US routes/traffic.

HNLFlyBoy

Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:19 am

Ramprat74,

I saw the smiley and I sure hope your comment about the DC-9 from PDX-NRT is a joke?????

Ok, I can have a sense of humour.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos