Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tallguy14
Topic Author

UA 777 New Colors Photos

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:10 am

Okay, a disclaimer-- I don't have any pics of the 777 in the new paint (it's aircraft #2375, N775UA by the way). Sorry if the title's misleading.

However! Over the next few days (13-15Feb) the sparkling new 777 will be in the skies of Texas and California for several air-to-air photo shoots! A few flights in Texas, then a ferry to California for more air-to-air shots. I'm sure they'll be some awesome photos!

I can't identify the specific airports for fear of losing my job, but I can say-- the airport in Texas is in the northern part of the state, and the airport in California is a famous boneyard. It's surprising how few people at World Headquarters are aware of the photo shoot (or at least, nobody's talking about it). I stumbled onto the information myself, and thought it was too good not to share with a.net.

Cheers!
Tallguy14

LHR001

RE: UA 777 New Colors Photos

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:34 am

Amarillo to Mojave????

Amarillo to Victorville????

LHR001

rj777

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:35 am

Cool! This just even more confirms the fact that United IS indeed getting a new livery! GO UNITED!

cloud4000

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:44 am

Why do I get this bad feeling that it is going to be something akin to either a billboard or the beer can look, a la Virgin and Northwest.
Boston, USA

FLIBOYZ

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:48 am

But screw the employees right!!! UA in BK and doing all this stuff like the supposedly NEW TED airlines, and now new paint schemes. I understand fresh paint schemes can possibly change how an airline looks, but NOT now. Now is not the time to be doing all this. Worry about finances first. Don't screw over employees for some facelift. The only scheme I see going on at UA is to rob it's employees of all their hard work and sacrifices throughout this BK.

In this case I have absolutely NO respect for people who make decisions like this.

And I could care less about a new coler scheme of ANY airline going through financial hardship!!!!

BOO UA!!!! ;-(

tallguy14
Topic Author

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:50 am

Thanks for your thoughts FLIBOYZ. Some of us are really kind of enjoying the prospect of a new color scheme. We've been through a lot since 9/11, so can'tcha let us have a little fun with it?

caetravlr

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:52 am

Apparently, some of us have missed all of the discussions about the costs involved and the actual SAVINGS of simplifying a paint scheme on an aircraft that would have to be repainted ANYWAY. Ted is an expense, but a small one, but the new paint on this aircraft is actually a cost SAVINGS over the former livery, that it was due to be repainted in anyway. Not knocking anyone, or insulting anyone, but this has been discussed many times, and it is not as costly or dumb as it appears on the surface.

Regards,
CAETravlr
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

rj777

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:55 am

Isn't the cost of introducing a new paint scheme kinda small compared to the cost of introducing a whole new type of aircraft? (See: Northwest)

FLIBOYZ

Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:57 am

It may be a small cost to some, but NOT for the employees who are taking the brunt of all the shananigans that management is pulling. I predict TED to NEVER work!!!l The money used for this TED project could have been used to save or pay for any other financial difficulties that UA is going through right now. NOT for an airline within an airline.

Again, BOO UA!!!!!!!

yyz717

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:04 am

NOT for the employees who are taking the brunt of all the shananigans that management is pulling.

Actually, the employees have caused MOST of the shenanigans from over-paid workers to inefficient work rules.

Until UA employees are as productive as LCC employees and until your pay is the same as LCC employees, UA employees will continue to weaken the airline.

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

rj777

Come on, FLIBOYZ, give us a break! It seems like everybody but you is excited about the prospect of UA getting a new color scheme. Why don't you just stop being such a jerk about it and let the rest of us be enthusiastic!?

tallguy14
Topic Author

Point taken, FLIBOYZ. Thanks for contributing.

caetravlr

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:05 am

Only time will tell if Ted is a success or failure. We can both make different predictions about the outcome and each have the same amount of chance of being right. From what I have read, the business model is sound, the cost was marginal, and it could do a lot to preserve market share. For the long term survival of the company, these are all good things. Just my opinion, I will be watching anxiously.

As for the new paint scheme, I had read that it was to be unveiled today. I am DYING to see it. I think the blue on the engine nacelles of the Star Alliance 767 gives us an idea of what the engines will look like, but I want to see the rest. The concept photos that have been posted on here were nice.

Good luck to all at UAL!
CAETravlr
A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her. - W.C. Fields

FLIBOYZ

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:18 am

Rj777-

Because, like you, I have MY OWN OPINIONS!!!!! Don't get me wrong. I like seeing new paint schemes on airlines too. If they would change it every 5 years or so, even more exciting for everyone. Maybe!!! But during financial hardship? Congratulations for UA for changing there color scheme, I don't like the present one. But still, BOO for the decision right now. I would wait.

And as for the shananigans going on with management comment earlier. This to Yyz717. The employees did NOT partake in this issue. How would you feel right now if you took and early retirement to HELP the company and than have the company turn around and slap you in the face with raising health care costs? Can you afford paying $600 in health care insurance a month? That's where I was going with that.

rj777

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:22 am

Gotcha FLIBOYZ,
I can respect your opinion. I actually agree with you a little bit. They should've done this BEFORE they got into trouble.
Regards.

LHR001

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:26 am

FliBoyz.....

Near every airline that is facing financial woes is trying to re-invent themselves.. To many people associate United Airlines gray scheme with 9-11... A new color scheme will help a lot of people move forward and focus on the future versus the past. United will be back to its old self... United will return and will return to claim its rightful position... Instead of knocking the airline while it is down.... Take a moment to realize the decision to change the colors was very heavily based apon employee suggestions.... Wish the employees of UAL all the best and hope that every single one of them has a place to work and flourish for many years to come!

Good Luck UAL, TED, and every single employee that has made United a reality!

LHR001

RiverVisualNYC

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:27 am

Senator McCain is right. The airlines were given US taxpayers' money to help them out after 9/11, and they are squandering it on marketing and promotion, not in providing better service or keeping people employed. How appropriate they are doing some of the photo shoot in the boneyard, someday I imagine the whole UA fleet will be parked there. The general public finds flying very unpleasant today, I am in the travel business and hear alot of complaints about airlines, and none of them have to do with how the paint looks, or the TV ads, or the website etc.

LHR001

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:39 am

No matter what.... United Airlines and its employees will survive. Over the next few years you will see United Airlines becoming a more international airline/ In saying so the tattered image of the gray scheme and past bad decisions madeby both employees and management should be forgotten. We are living in 2004... It is time to move on... Put aside any biterness or ill sentiment tworads United, or Ted and wish everyone well. United Airlines is part of not only the U.S. aviation history... but World aviation history... United has been a leader and a pioneer in passenger service and quality for many years....

LHR001

RiverVisualNYC

Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:52 am

LHR - Great sentiments, but people said the same about Pan Am, Eastern and TWA. The future is not in the paint scheme or the website, it's in the financial viability of the business model. America no longer needs a global airline as it did in years past. Internationally, the US is well served by foreign carriers that offer superior service, and domestically LCCs are getting a larger piece of the pie every day. The really high end business travelers are increasingly flying private jets. So, who is the customer for an airline like UA? Ok, so some Chicago or Denver or DC area companies might have contracts with them at highly discounted fares, but they could do the same with AA or other more solvent carriers. I hate to say it because I do not want this to happen, but if UA stopped flying tomorrow no one would care all that much. As for the new livery, painting the planes to look like JetBlue won't give them JetBlue's balance sheet....

PA110

Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:04 am

I've flown UA quite a bit in the last 2 years, and they have made slow steady improvements in service. While only airline geeks such as ourselves pay attention to things such as logos and liveries, they remain the "intangibles" that collectively create an image amongst the flying public. In general, most folks won't point to an airline's paint job and say... "gee, I really want to fly that airline", but subconciously, the image an airline projects does have an effect. Otherwise, the world would have no need for companies such as Landor and the like.

No one management or employee group was responsible for putting UA into bankruptcy. It was a combination of very many factors, including the overall economy. Getting UA out of bankruptcy is painful for all involved, but granted... some more than others. UA will probably survive, but the long term prognosis depends on both labor and management putting an end to the decades long contentious relationship. Major UA stock holders are also to blame. They must demand more competent leadership and management. Not for the short-term gain, but for the long term sustainability of the airline.

I think UA's timing is pretty good for introducing a new livery. They are far enough along the bankruptcy process and, although they are still losing money, their balance sheet looks alot better than it did when they first went Ch11. As mentioned in numerous posts, the cost of changing the livery is fairly negligible, and over the long term can actually help save money. A new livery could be a psycological boost to both employees and the public. It shows a spirit of moving ahead and looking to the future.

I'm sure UA will continue to move forward and eventually exit bankruptcy, but I really hope to see UA's labor and management start to deal with issues in an open, honest and less hostile manner. It is the only way to ensure the carrier's long term survival... at least in my humble opinion.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.

Aaron747

Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:25 am

Look, all United supporters need to realize one simple thing: a company that doesn't know how to run its business DOES NOT DESERVE to stay in business. You can talk about legacy and love all you want - if the bottom line stays red, you're history. That's called business, and it's real life, not fantasy playland where everything we like stays the way it is.

And before you start attacking me as a United basher (which is inevitable any time someone tries to snap some of you back to grim reality) realize that I have no wish to see them disappear. They are one of the Bay Area's largest employers and their departure would be a huge hit here. Many of my friends would lose their jobs as well.

But again, business is business. Either you figure out a way to stay in it, or fold. To date, United has not shown that it can resolve the nagging financial issues that were dogging its bloated structure long before 9/11 delivered a sucker punch to the company.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

caetravlr

Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:49 am

Who says that we are not living in reality? You have to spend money to make money, and this new livery will save on the maintenance costs of the aircraft which have to be repainted anyway. The airline has rationalized a lot of costs, and developed a plan to get to where it needs to be long term. There have been many issues that have faced the airline over the years, and some bad decisions made. That does not mean that this livery, nor Ted, are bad decisions, only the future will tell us that. The balance sheets are getting better and better, and the economy is SLOWLY improving. Changes do not occur overnight, and they are taking the course that seems right to get the airline solvent again. We understand business, we have seen how bad it can be, and we want to see this carrier healthy again. I don't think you stated anything that any one of us didn't already know.

Right now, I just want to see what the new paint looks like. Wasn't that the original point of this thread?

MAH4546

Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:52 am

What some people don't understand is that paint schemes can often save money. Planes have to be repainted every x amount of years. It is very likely the new United paint scheme uses less paint, which saves on painting costs and saves on fuels costs.
a.

NWAFA

UA

Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:59 am

UA Should be ashamed of themselves if they are going to spend millions on a new paint job. Here they are not paying their bills properly (Bankruptcy) like all the other carriers are. They are screwing their employees like crazy.

They are acting like children when it comes to their finances. During B.K. they spent money on

new uniforms
new glassware for on board
new china
FLOWERS for FC
created a new airline within the airline

SHAME on them! They do not deserve to survive. Survival is being responsible. They are screwing their employees like crazy..Which my sister is one of them.
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

PA110

Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:09 am

NWAFA... I sympathize with all that are effected by the UA bankruptcy, but it is precisely the polarization in your attitude that goes to the heart of UA's decade's long problem. There is such a huge mistrust between labor and management, that no action taken by either side can be made without extreme reactions by the other.

You mention new glassware and china... on the surface it would seem frivolous, but in reality glassware and china break and chip through normal wear and tear. They need to be replaced on a regular basis. UA cannot defer replacing these items or they risk further citicism on service standards, and begin losing their highest revenue passengers.

Everyone at UA needs to put away the hyperbole, and start working together. UA management needs to be a heck of alot more transparent, and labor needs to realize that what there is a radically changed environment out there. The salary and benefits of major airlines are no longer able to be sustained both in terms of the general economy as well as the proliferation of LCC's. That is an incredibly hard pill to swallow to the hundreds of employees who have given faithful hard work to the carrier over many years. But, unfortunately it is the times we live in. Cutting health benefits to retirees is a huge breach of trust, but it is happening everywhere, not just in the airline industry. Companies did not forsee the huge increases in healthcare, and can barely afford to keep up with current employee healthcost care, let alone retirees. Are these folks getting the shaft? Absolutely! But what can honestly be done about it?

tallguy14
Topic Author

Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:11 am

Boy, has this thread gone in a direction I never intended. I wish I hadn't even shared the information about the 777. That's too bad.

I've learned my lesson! Thanks a lot.

NWAFA

Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:13 am

PA110

We are not talking about replacing "chipped and damage" china and glasswear....we are talking about total NEW and CHANGED!

PA110

Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:21 am

Tallguy14,
Sorry for straying off the thread. I, for one, can't wait to see the new UA livery. I've never liked the battleship gray paint scheme, and look forward to a new fresher image. I would love to watch the photo shoot, but unfortunately, its not going to be anywhere near me.

CactusA319

Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:29 am

Boy, has this thread gone in a direction I never intended. I wish I hadn't even shared the information about the 777. That's too bad.

I've learned my lesson! Thanks a lot.

Welcome to airliners.net. No matter how positive the news or how much the benefits have been disguested, there's always some drillrod armchair CEO or disgruntled airline employee wanting to piss on the parade. I guess no one remembers that in the mid-90's Continental was in worse shape, and took steps similar to what UA is doing now-including a new corporate image. Funny but last I checked CO is still flying, strong as ever.

Don't let these clowns get you down. If UAL has made it this far, they'll be able to pull themselves out of the hole. This is not Pan Am or Eastern or TWA. Granted it's not CO either but the way things are going they will be able to pull through eventually.

UALPHLCS

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:01 am

As someone who is on board a UAL plane everyday I can't help but wonder were some people get their idea's.

UA DOES NOT have new dishes. EVERY airplane I've seen dishes in F class its the same stuff used since I've been hired. So don't believe a word of what another airlines F/A has to say about UA. UA Doesn't spend money on flowers, although I KNOW a few F/A's that do on their own accord. And NO One has gotten new uniforms. As a matter of fact UA's vendor stopped shipping uniforms to employees for several months to save UA money.

Secondly, if UAL has a new livery, and I'm not convinced they do, then all of the very GOOD reasons for this change has already been discussed to death on these forums. If your going to post messages proclaiming UA stupid for a new pain scheme, in this thread you're going to sound like an idiot until you get your facts straight.

1) A simplified paint scheme (predicted) will save UA weight, and maintenance, and money. Painting them 5 different colors as in the current scheme. (2 different shades of blue, Grey Red and Orange) as opposed to three (white and 2 shades of blue) saves MONEY.
2) UA has to paint its airplanes. D checks HAVE TO BE DONE. To do them all the paint has to be stripped. So the only planes repainted will be those getting overhauled.
3)If there is a intangible feeling the public gets about the current colors that will be changed by the new colors that's a plus, icing on the cake.

NWAFA is probably an AFA member who has come in here with a bunch of crap that the Union has spouted to get all the F/A's worked up over the Pension differences.

AFA (typically) is putting retirees before the people who are actually still working.

I have no problem with the disagreements UA's unions are having over the Pensions. I want it resolved as well. But the IAM isn't running around spreading all kinds of wild stories about mismanagement. Maybe NWAFA, UA's F/A's should have gone with ESOP all those years ago, then they would have representation on the BOD and know what the hell they are talking about.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

kalakaua

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:05 am

Come on... Here's my analogy for FLIBOYZ.

UA is currently looking like a bum on the streets. He was once a proud professional. He has only a $20 bill in his pocket for buying food. With that $20 he has left, he buys himself a suit at a thrift store. He goes to an interview, and get's a job.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

NWAFA

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:15 am

UALPHLCS,

With all due respect, you are incorrect about the new china and glasswear. They have changed under B.K.. UAL is placing fresh flowers back on intl FC flights.

As far as being an AFA member, no sorry I am not. UAL is screwing all their employees like crazy. So once again you are INCORRECT with your information.

Thrust

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:16 am

Now all we need is a United 772ER in the new colors. That makes the new colors more available to the world. N775UA is a 777-200 non-ER, so for now, the new colors can be seen only in Europe and America. Once the 772ER is painted in the new colors, get ready Asia and South America! A new United is coming your way!  Big thumbs up
Fly one thing; Fly it well

AA7573E

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:22 am

This has been one of the funniest threads to follow throughout the day. If every prognosticator out here ran their own airline, I would be willing to bet that well over 90% would be hard pressed to get off the ground.

Let's let the decision makers at UAL make their decisions, and see where the chips fall. How many times does someone have to remind people that aircraft are repainted on very regular schedules, and it is intuitive to assume that the new livery will use less paint, thus saving fuel and paint costs in the long run. All the naysayers can put up their spreadsheets, all you need is commons sense to figure that one out.

There is no easily definable door that bankrupt airlines can exit their financial woes by walking through. Look at US. They are out, and spinning haplessly in the market. UAL has defined a multifaceted plan to get out of their current situation. Rebranding is essential, and it will breathe life into the airline everywhere it touches down. Its pretty much SOP for bankrupt companies to come out looking fresh, different and reinvented. That's what their debtor in possession investors want, and that is what they will get.

Get over it.

As much as I am not a huge UAL fan, I am a huge fan of good business, and overall health in the industry that we all love. UAL going away would be horrible for the business, and hopefully that is something that we can all agree on. We need a healthy UAL to keep air travel affordable for the rest of the country. If you don't like the livery, don't like the fact that they rebranded, or just plain don't like UAL - then don't fly them. Otherwise, just zip it, and realize that 99.99% of you don't currently, and most likely never will, run an airline of any measurable size or international stature, and in most cases, what you think is solid speculation, is nothing more than knee jerk reactions and brand loyalty pouring out. Discuss it all you want in here, but remember, it's all hyperbole on airliners.net, and none of us has the magic answer.

I am looking forward to seeing these new ships, and even more so looking forward to seeing all the insane commentary out here being proved wrong.

See you up front!

UALPHLCS

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:23 am

When were you last on a UA flight NWAFA? I was on a UA airplane yeaterday. I can see with my own eyes what dishes and glassware we have. What you're saying is wrong.

In addition, You can say you're not from the AFA, but you don't sound like it. And we can tell online anyway. (isin't the internet great far annonimity)

So as the old saying goes; if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck...
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

NWAFA

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:27 am

Then you are not looking carefully!

My sister who has been a FA for over 20 years just confirmed with me that in FACT new china and glasswear was purchased under BK that Fresh flowers are being boarded again on INTL FC and Premium FC flights.

So your NOT factual here!

PA110

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:34 am

OK, you two... time out!

UAPHLCS... your username would indicate you're based at PHL, which is not an international hub, so perhaps you might not have seen what may or may not have been introduced on international flights.

NWAFA...dial down the venom. This is an enthusiast site for the exchange of ideas. Not a platform to launch attacks, although all too many use it for such.

As I have already made my MEA CULPA's, Tallguy14 started this thead to talk about the new paint scheme and photo shoot.

kalakaua

Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:39 am

Damn, both of you, UAPHLCS and NWAFA, do your thing privately... All this crap about China and Flowers sounds too feminine for my taste and also IRRELEVANT.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

blackbird615

Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:34 am

New paint schemes and spin-off carriers closely imitate the management mind set associated with superficial cosmetic intervention without the benefit of an extreme make over. History teaches new paint schemes (TWA & US Airways) are attractive to the eye however fail to work harmoniously without core strategic realignment and logical extension of sound business strategy. TED closely resembles past follies foisted on employees, stockholders and the traveling public by the same inept management teams responsible for the demise of once proud and majestic companies. Dare we forget debacle associated with Shuttle by United, Delta Shuttle, Metrojet? Is anyone surprised by Delta's recent announcement to revisit Song as a viable entity? Traditional airlines aspiring to match the success of Southwest, JetBlue, Spirit and AirTran fail not based on the end product but on overburdened cost infrastructures, ghosts of travel past and union protectionism/managerial greed. The missing component prohibiting a successful and sustained launch of an LCC by full fare carriers is the lack of passion, willingness to acknowledge customer requirements and the strive-for-success enthusiasm exhibited by LCC management and employees. Without enabling a Dennis Miller style rant and understanding my viewpoint is highly simplistic, at the end of the day, to use a baseball analogy, the "Majors" are exhibiting behavioral patterns of Minor league teams traveling in retired Greyhound buses. The victims in this mindless waste are the pilots, reservation agents, flight attendants, gate agents and stockholders who savings and pensions disappear to management teams wearing Enron shirts.
Never fly the "A" model of anything!

N754PR

Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:38 am

"UA NEW COLOURS PHOTOS"..... Sorry I dont have any photos......

Great topic!!
Bush, your a sad, sad man.

DrJetMech

Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:54 am

I have one question, how will the new paint scheme save UAL money in maintenance. And, secondly the new TED aircraft for the most part are the newer Airbus and a big waste of money. Just like the USAir buyout, Avolar and all the thousands of .coms UAL has been wasting money on for all these years.
On another note, the balls some of you have blaming the employee's after 6 years of ESOP. These people gave up hard earned money to help their company just to see it get wasted without bein able to do anything about it. Yeah, I would trust top management too. If you have'nt suffered at UAL for the past 10 years you have no room to preach to anybody about labor/management relations.

UA744KSFO

Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:06 am

The way that all of you act here (as well as most posts I read) shows me two things:

1) I'm sorry that I ever signed up for anet.
2) Anyone who doesn't believe in hell or satan should re-examine their viewpoint based on the evidence presented on this forum as to how some human beings treat each other. No wonder we have nuclear weapons in the world.

I am now convinced that there can ever be a thread on this site that won't be plagued with negativity and cynicism. It's just impossible to keep positive, isn't it?

EMBQA

Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:44 am

China-Glassware and Flowers........?????

What the heck does that have to do with painting airplanes....???

Now, to those I said.. "UAL is not repainted their planes, No new paint, Never, Wrong, I don't think so"...I stand corrected..!! And that is all I'm going to comment on that.

As to all these comments as to when they repaint after 'D' Checks because they stripe the plane anyway..... In my 6 years running my airlines paint program I 'NEVER' saw an aircraft arrive at the paint shop from D check.... They where all just off line..... and this includes my aircraft, United, Continental, USAirways, Midwest, Qantas..and several other Regionals.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

DouglasDC8

Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:53 am

Everytime I see the news footage of United 175 hitting the South Tower of the World Trade Center I'm reminded why United Airlines needs to change their livery. It's that simple folks!

HNLFlyBoy

Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:57 am

I got one for everyone...how about bringing back the "Rhapsody in Blue" theme music and doing another RISING campaign. Seems like UA is almost out of Chpt. 11, so let the Phoenix rise. Declare yourselves proud! UA...RISING!

PA110

Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:06 am

The RISING campaign went wrong when by saying UA was RISING, it implied that it was at a low point. While everyone knew that, you try not to draw more attention to it. It's a subtle point, but obviously in retrospect, an important one. People ended up focusing on how bad things were, rather than how hard UA was trying to improve them.

Re "Rhapsody in Blue"... I thought that music was a great devise for UA, but now it is firmly associated with UA now in bankruptcy. Time for something else equally as effective, but new.

I just hope UA coordinates the new livery with new advertising and comes up with a coherent overall marketing strategy (while simultaneously fixing all that needs to be done).

JC5280

Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:09 am

UAPHLCS...yes, we are getting new livery. Do a currtg for plane number 2375. Then do an flf for the flight numbers you see. I have seen plans for the new paint and it is sharp looking. I agree, it is not talked about much in many UA departments yet because it has not been announced to employees or the public yet...Its pointless to do that because announcing it is simply a press release. And why would you do a press release until you have pictures and/or an example of what the re-branding will look like.

United is new and fresh. We saw that today with the launching of TED. You will see many more changes in the future. Ignore people like NWAFA. They are simply trying to stir the crap to get others on their grumpy side. Nothing else to do. We get to choose the attitude we have, and some people are simply not wise about their choices and blame others for their problems.

Anyway, back to the thread. The plane will be back in service in SFO on the 17th. So spotters be ready! We want to see some good pictures up here!

PA110

Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:13 am

Jc5280,
Thanks for the info! I look forward to seeing United's new look at SFO. I also look forward to a re-invigorated and healthy UAL to carry us Bay Area folks into the future.

JC5280

Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:18 am

For you TED skeptics out there....

Almost all TED flights went out full today and loads are solid for the next few days and into the next few weeks.

Ted: 1
Skeptics: 0

isitsafenow

Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:40 am

To give UA a big shot in the arm , bring back the "fly the friendly skies" theme but update it. I always liked the Gershwin thing but I think UA will dump it.
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos