Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KLM11
Topic Author

Class XXL - True Or False?

Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:36 am

I have been hearing some chat / rumors about different airlines offering an XXL class for the passengers who need a little bit more room. Is this true? Any information? Thanks Everyone,

--KLM11  Smile
BENAIRE - The Refined Airline

aa757first

RE: Class XXL - True Or False?

Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:55 am

I can't believe it. Don't take this as a yes or a no to your question, but what's to stop me from saying I'm huge at the time of booking just to get some more room? Plus as an airline, why should I give a large person first class style seating for no additional money?

Now I don't know how many seats the 380 will seat across, but let's say I have a 2x4x2 seating in economy and 2x2x2 in XXL class. XXL class has eight rows with the standard pitch. That means, by cutting the XXL class out and replacing it standard economy, I will add sixteen seats.

AAndrew

corey07850

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:04 am

Anderw,

I'm sure the seats won't go for the same price, and I'm sure there won't be 8 rows of the proposed XXL class

tekelberry

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:09 am

Of course this isn't true. Where do people get stuff like this?

ha763

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:32 am

Yeah, it's currently called first class. XL class is currently called business class.  Yeah sure

srbmod

Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:47 am

I am assuming these are seats for the more portly passenger? It probably may be a distinct possibility with the fact that there are so many severely obese people in the US than in years past. With many airlines now requiring them to purchase an extra seat, why not just go ahead and replace some 3 seat rows with some 2 seat rows and put an additional 50% upcharge per seat on those seats. The POS (person of size for those of you that don't get A&E's "Airline" program) can be better accomodated without having to infringe upon the person seated next to them.

Starlionblue

Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:00 am

This has been discussed in another thread. Maersk Air will offer different seat sizes, but contrary to some reports "large" people will not be forced into "large" seats. As Ha763 says, it's simply another name for biz, first and so on.

You get what you pay for. If you claim that you are large at booking, this doesn't change the price for the large seat.

No discrimination, nothing new under the sun.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos