mrwayne
Topic Author

The Most Embarassing Moment On A Flight?

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:24 am

This wasnt my most embarassing moment, but something I saw, but this rather large lady got stuck and a/c toilet from the suction!

The crew had to open the door and get her out!
Shouldnt laugh but it was hilarious!!!

Any experiences?

Sammyhostie

RE: The Most Embarassing Moment On A Flight?

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:29 am

No way!!

How embarassing, that must have been shocking!

Did all the pax see?

Jkw777

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:32 am

On my return flight MAN-LGW I knocked over a whole can of Coca Cola down my lap! Embarrassment Embarrassment

I was red as a cherry! I will never ever attempt that again  Sad

As read in my TR  Big grin

https://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/39546/

Justin  Big thumbs up
[email protected] or +447751242989

RonE

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:34 am

Nothing that acute for me. The most embarassing thing that happened to me personally was on a LH flight FRA-TLV a couple of years ago- being the aviation enthusiast I am I was sitting next to the window video-taping parts of the flight. Next to me sat this 10 year old girl and with this quizzical look on her face inquired as to why I was filming the flight? I felt kind of akward, being asked that by someone less than half my age- I managed some sort of mumbled reply along the lines of "I thought I saw something out there" which made me feel like an even bigger fool! But then again, she doesn't and probably never will experience the passion that binds us true enthusiasts...

SA006

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:36 am

LOL.....Actually it wasn't me but some guy in front of where I was sitting, on take-off from JNB-LHR, farted as we started our take-off role. He certainly thought that nobody coud hear him but man it was loud and believe me.....it stank Big grin

As for me.....other than messing the bathroom floor with urine when I was 5 I'd say nothing much  Big thumbs up

Rgds  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
SA006
Proudly South African

deltaflyertoo

Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:57 am

A couple of years ago I was on a MD-80 flight from LAX to DFW, we were about 20 minutes into the flight when this guy from the front gets up to go to the bathroom, as he walked towards the back, it became evident he was sporting a major hard on. My friend bumped me to look. I was dying laughing, but my friend didn't think it was so funny. She was like, "What a train wreck" meaning you don't wan to look but you do.

LHR340

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:12 am

Probably tripping over someones foot  Laugh out loud, I didn't make a complete fool of myself but I went red and couldn't stop laughing, can't take me any where!

LHR340

[Edited 2004-03-04 21:12:47]
A340 LoVeR! EC-GQK - LHR The Bussiest International Airport & 3rd Bussiest In The World!

FLYtoEGCC

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:15 am

On a flight from CUN to MAN in 2001 - there was already an impatient queue for the toilet, which I managed to infuriate further by requiring repeated flushes after I'd used it Embarrassment
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...

B747-437B

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:25 am

To be visited by the crew aboard a flight who proceed to pinch your cheeks and tell everyone around you (including your business associates) that they knew you when you were 6 months old and how much you have grown in the last 25+ yrs.

kilavoud

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:37 am

B747-437B
Your are a real Indian, because you are concerned with babies and pinching chicks. I know that babies are first in India, even if they are screaming! That's nice really and I am happy you have been appreciated even now you are grown up. Cheers. Kilavoud.

ei 168

Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:52 am

My most embarassing moment was on a flight from Ibiza to Dublin.

The flight left at 1 in the morning. And after being partying for the last 2 wks, I was very tired. About an hour into the flight, I fell asleep. I suddenly woke up with the sound of my dinner tray being thrown onto the ground. I had swung my arm while I was asleep. I looked around and everyone was looking at me. My friend next to me couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the flight. She said that I had turned bright red with embarrassment.

TFJamie

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:02 am

Just 3 days ago somehow managing to spill coffee on the man sitting next to me, and almost the whole cup too!

clrd2go

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:05 am

Severe gastric disturbances (with report) following a big lunch at my
favorite Mexican restaurant in Albuquerque. I felt bad for the poor
souls seated to my right on that flight to Denver.

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

babaero

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:42 am

Travelling in Business class on BA once. Breakfast was served which included a highly presurized yogurt. Pulling back the foil lid quickly resulted in the entire contents flying out the tub, over my shoulder and onto the vacated seat behind me.

notsofrqntflr

RE: The Most Embarrassing Moment On A Flight?

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:54 am

air travel (from waw to nyc on BA) with my grandmother about 20 years ago (well more less) and she was snoring extremely loud, I love her but that was about 3 hours of my life when I wished I wasn't related to her and I wasn't sitting next to her. Eventually I woke her up, I made up some reason.
cheers
filip

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:58 am

After strapping into my bulkhead aisle seat on a B757 EWR-SNN, with an older couple sitting next to me....
The man in the window seat snapped his fingers yelling "Stewardess! Stewardess!" and pointing to his bag sitting in front of him next to the bulkhead. The man's wife told me it was their first flight since 1978. The man continued to have this similar attitude with the flight attendants. After dinner, while waiting in line for the lavatory, a flight attendant said to me "Your parents haven't flown anytime recently, have they?" It was her turn to be embarrassed when I explained I was most certainly not related in any way and was quite embarrassed to be seated next to them.

Shamrock1Heavy

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:07 am

Ont he way home from Ireland alst year, on our flight from London to SFO, I fell asleep and was gone for about 2 hours, when i woke up a strange sound and it was my friend, blowing bubbles in her tea...next to my ear. I just gave her this look which caused her to laugh and spit tea all over me. We both laughed and helped clean me up. It put me ina better mood and I wasnt that angry, just slightly embarrased, but entertained.  Smile

-D
when in hell, we'll do shots at the bar

ramerinianair

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:11 am

Well, I was 14 so it was a few years back when I got to visit my uncle in Los Angeles. I took TWA to LAX from JFK. I was in the first class cabin of a 767. It was great and only 4 people in the cabin that had room for at least 16! About 2 hours out from LAX I had the urge to go. I had the worst stomach ache in the world! I was constipted and was in there for about 15 minutes. It was the front lavatory so naturally the FA's were concerned, I was right behind the cock-pit. They knocked on the door and I was very embarrassed to answer I am ok, just finishing up. I finished a few minutes later and couldn't even look up on my way out of the bathroom! I looked down and walked very swiftly back to my seat. It's a good thing the In-flight service was over, I didn't have to see my FA. Later I was in luck a diferent FA served us a snack and warm towels before our arrival.
-S.R.
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

BMAbound

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:12 am

I haven't experienced any embarassing moments, but my mom has... in late '87, at the ripe age of 18 months, I escaped from my seat on a BA flight from ARN to Heathrow as my mom finally fell asleep. I ended up in the cockpit and was carried back by a laughing FA. Needless to say, my mom got quite red...  Big thumbs up

johan
Altitude is Insurance - Get Insured

SHUPirate1

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:15 am

12/31/03, UA1112 IAH-ORD...I fell asleep on the plane, and woke up to go use the lavatory, but both legs were asleep. I fell twice walking from my seat to the lav (about 10 rows) and the flight attendant that was there thought I was drunk...

First honorable mention: After a VDB in ORD on that same day, almost missed my connecting flight to LGA because I had fallen asleep in the gate area of the connecting flight during the six-hour layover...woke up when they announced final boarding of UA690...

On a train, but still worth mentioning: one time, riding Amtrak from New Haven to New York, the lock in the lav somehow engaged while I was in there, and it took a friend of mine and a conductor to get me out of the lav...the entire train was laughing...
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

5T6

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:15 am

Clrd2go:

"Severe gastric disturbances (with report)"

Beautiful! I have never quite heard "jet blast" described so eloquently.  Laugh out loud

I think it's the "with report" part that got me. Many thanks. I put the better part of a rum & coke out my nose with that one!!!

Regards,

Mike
I see my Cats as Companions. My Cats see Me as Furniture!

NWAA330

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:32 am

First class flight from NRT-DTW. I was seated in seat 1B and as such was served by the purser which makes it all the more embarrasing. I was watching the movie "old school" during the breakfast service and I dont know how many of you have seen this movie but theres a hilarious scene in which Will Farell shoots himself in the neck with a tranqualizer dart. Im drinking orange juice and the purser is leaning in to put something on my tray and the scene comes on, causing me to laugh histerically and spit my orange juice ALL over the purser. The entire cabin looked at me, but thankfully he wasnt too upset.

Regards,
NWAA330
To Fly is to Live.

AOMlover

Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:33 am

About the fat woman stuck in the toilet, in fact it's just a false rumour:
http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/toilet.htm

starrion

Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:23 am

Mine was getting the boarding cards for my flights mixed up. I sat down in 2C in F/c on my flight from Boston to Atlanta when I was supposed to be in 14D. The 2C card was for my RJ flight into Tallahassee. Luckily F/C was not full...
Knowledge Replaces Fear

trijetfan1

Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:37 am

Once i was on a SWA flight from JAX-BNA and this people in the seat infront of me were so annoying and they would not shut-up. Then i heard "I don't feel good" and I could just what imagined happened next........Well when the FA was collecting the rubish, the people infront of me handed out a huge barf bag full of contents, made me want to puke!!
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

atrude777

Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:21 am

Well, me being the avaition enthusiast I am and I should know ALL abut traveling...

I flew to DFW from STL on AA with my Dad, and while he knows alot about traveling, I usually know ALOT more about it and understand the process more. Well We were sitting eating McDonalds in front of Gate C-23. My flight was scheduled to leave from C-32. However in the excitement of me flying a 757 for the first time, when I saw a 757 pull up I immediatly ran there and I do mean RUN, to the gate, got in line for boarding, and then Dad calls back and whispers"isn't it Gate C-32 and not C-23?" I looked at the gate number(I got 'em mixed up in all the excitement) and saw the flight was heading to LAS. I let a quiet "oh shit" was red in the face and trekked with my head down all the way to C-32, while my father is laughing the hardest he ever laughed in his life and then he goes "I thought U were supossed to know everything about flying?" I let out a little "shut up dad". So we sat down at the CORRECT GATE  Laugh out loud and then while waiting for the flight to arrive and saw something that made me laugh very hard..FLIGHT XXX NOW ARRIVING FROM LAS" It was funny since the gate i accidently went to was HEADING to LAS and the new gate I was at was ARRIVING from LAS. ok yeah I know kinda stupid but I was embaaressed about it.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

Jj

Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:48 am

Well, it didn't happen to me, but my brother. We were boarding an Aerolineas Argentinas flight to Cordoba, and in Aeroparque at those times, you had to take a bus and board by stairs. 'My broth got uot of the bus and was so excited about flying that he begun to run to the aircraft. when he began to climb the stairs, I yelled "slow down!", and then he turned around and fell! But that's not it, because then he started falling on his back, until I caught him. needless to say, everybody laughed, and I was as red as it gets!

AA777

Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:08 pm

Probably...

1.) Spilling Orange Juice all over my grandmother's cashmere shawl on a BA Flight from LHR - BEY

2.) We (my family and I) were on a trip from DCA-AUA (aruba)... We were delayed b.c of bad weather in MIA, where we had a layover...
SO, we arrived at MIA, with about 5 mins within which we had to CHANGE terminals, and get onto the second plane... (they told us the flight to AUA was on time). So me and my family SPRINT to the second gate, only to walk up and find this message posted on the Board: (and I will never forget this):

AA787 ARUBA. DELAYED .... .

it was delayed two hours... and we all showed up at the gate panting like we had just run a marathon.... people looked at us like we were crazy, and it was a good laugh.

-AA777

asuflyer05

Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:30 pm

I was flying ATL-IAH-PHX after a really stressful trip. I hadn't slept in days so I got on the plane in Atlanta and took a Tylenol Sleep. Well I landed in Houston and was ridiculously groggy. I proceeded to gate C-47 and there was no plane at the gate, no signs about a flight to Phoenix.

In the most disoriented drunken voice I said to the GA, "I'm going to Phoenix. Where did the plane go? The plane, it's supposed to be here." The GA gave me a strange look and said, "Sir, there was a gate change but you just walked past the gate with your flight" When I turned around there were big signs saying COXXX to PHOENIX.

The GA just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

DL328

Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:55 pm

On my first 'real' flight by myself (No f/a assistance) I thought I knew how everything worked since I have flown many times before. But, I decided to become dyslexic and read my boarding pass backwards. So I sat down in row 12 instead of 21. So, after everyone had gotten aboard, a women came over to me and said I was sitting in her seat. I looked at my boarding pass and saw that I was. I proceeded to get up and walk to the back with other passengers starring at me. Embarrassment

Hamilton

Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:16 pm

I haven't had any embarrassing moments, but I had a flight attendant who had one thanks to the other attendant working the flight.

During the safety instructions, this flight attendant was going through the usual motions. When she opened the safety card and displayed it for the passengers, inside was a note that read in large print "I NEED A DATE," complete with a lipstick kiss at the bottom. The instructions had to be given in English and French, and the flight attendant didn't notice anything was up until after the second set of instructions when most of the coach cabin was laughing. At that point she looked inside the card and was obviously embarrassed after she saw what was there.

Right afterward she approached her colleague who had put the note inside the safety card, and the first thing she said was "I'm going to kill you" with a very faint trace of a smile.

Thankfully the flight ended without any bloodshed.
Hamilton

b741

Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:28 pm

Not really embarassing, but stupid. I was flying YWG-ORD in 1991 and had a number of drinks. I had to go but thought I could wait till Chicago. So just before touchdown I used the commode and once I got back to my chair I had quite a lecture from the flight attendants. It was also bad weather before a major storm.I felt really bad but told them I was about to pee my pants!
Being Bilingual, I Speak English And Aviation

prosa

Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:31 pm

My most embarassing moment happened on an evening WN flight from TPA to ISP. I went to use one of the rear lavatories, noting the "Vacant" indication on the door. Just as I swung the door open, a F/A said "Stop! There's someone in there!" His warning came a split second too late. Inside was a girl of about ten or so, seated on the donicker with her pants down. She let out an ear-splitting shriek that must've been heard throughout the entire cabin. Totally humiliated, I turned right around and went back to my seat, staring intently at the carpet the entire way, nonetheless able to sense all the other passengers looking at me as if I were Chester the Molestor come to life. My seat was near the front so I had a long walk, of course. Now I knew that I had done nothing wrong, the girl having neglected to lock the door, but my humiliation was complete.
The only good thing about the incident, which actually wasn't a good thing at all, was that the very next day I completely forgot about it, not to recall it for several weeks. Why did I forget such an embarassing incident the next day? The flight was on the evening of September 10, 2001, that's why.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

ozzie

Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:39 pm

I was once on a Southwest flight from PHX-BWI. We were making quite a steep climb out of Sky Harbor. Even though we were still on the steep climb out, the flight attendant, who, I must admit was quite attractive, was going down to the back of the plane-on a reverse "slope" of sorts. Some guy stuck his leg out, and she tripped, teh tray of sodas flying. He cought her-that was the purpose of the tripping-but people, including me, were sprayed with soda!

tzfalax

Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:44 pm

About a year ago, i was working from Japan back to SEA. I had been in the lower galley of the L-1011 to check on a newer FA. As a joke, another crew member had stuck a maxi pad on my back as I was getting out of the lift which stayed on my back for an entire service. Thankfully this was a military flight and the crowd appreciated it as good humor. The response would not have been as accepted on a regular scheduled flight.

As for the passenger being stuck to the lav seat, just a couple of weeks ago, the show, "Myth Busters" on Discovery or TLC, discusses that supposed story and proved it impossible to have happened. Sorry to burst the bubble

CO737

Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:46 pm

Speaking of flying soda...I was on WN flight between HOU and ABQ, sitting in an aisle seat. After we took off, I got my travel pillow out of my bag, and proceeded to reach back to put it behind my head, right as the flight attendent walks by with her tray of soda. Needless to say, I nailed the soda tray, which spilled all over her and a few passengers seated around her. I felt like the biggest idiot in the world, and I instantly shut my eyes and pretended that I was asleep the rest of the flight so I wouldn't have to look at any of the passengers I drenched with soda. I'll never forget that one...
CO737

Skydrol

Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:56 pm

I have to think about this a bit, after many years and a few hundred flights, there have been the common things like spilling drinks on myself or other pax, falling asleep and leaning into the aisle, accidentally tripping F/As or pax passing by my aisle seat, throwing up - twice, once from partying (booze), once from bad turbulence, but I think the only time I really wished I had an easy way out of the situation I got into was this one:
About two years ago I was on a training course in YVR, and the last day (half day) of the course, the training center provided all the students with a terrific catered buffet lunch before we departed. There was little time for me to drop off the rental car and make it to my YWG flight on time, but I did make it to the gate before the final call.
Until I sat down in the A320, everything had been so rushed and hectic, I failed to notice the signals from the internal plumbing that there was an imminent call of nature. As we were being pushed off the gate, I was just thinking: Of all the times, why now? and Why did I have to eat so much at lunch?
In accordance with airline policy, I waited (im)patiently until we were airborne with the seatbelt light extinguished before I headed aft to do the deed. Both lavs were vacant, so life was good. Or at least I thought it would be. I'm sure almost everyone in the forum has experienced the sheer power of an aircraft vacuum toilet when it is flushed, but this unit proved otherwise... I pressed the flush touch pad - nothing, not even a squirt of water. Again - nothing. And again and again and again. I must have tried twenty times. The toilet was dead. As stupid as this sounds, I was actually beginning to panic. What if a cute chick was waiting outside for the lav? Not only was the toilet dead, but also full of ____. There was nothing else to do, I had to open the door. Nobody was there, in fact the lav across the aisle was vacant.
I now had two choices: go back to my seat (nasty) or (nice) tell the F/As who were in the galley preparing for beverage service. I chose the latter and sheepishly, with a cherry-red face explained the situation to them. They were really cool about it and said it happens now and then and locked the lav from the outside.
When they stopped at my row to offer a drink my face was burning again and I was still so embarassed I couldn't look them in the eye.

∙ ---{--« ∙ ----{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ---{--« ∙ --{--« ∙ --{-« ∙ ----{--« ∙

Delta767300ER

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:00 pm

My friend Charlie and I were flying CUN-IAH a few years ago on a Continental 737-300 on approach to IAH. Anyway, him and I were bullshitting and he was saying how Continental had a poor safety record (which they dont) and I had a bottle of water w/ out the top cap that I accidentally knocked over all over him. It was funny as hell, but good thing it dried before landing.

-Delta767300ER

Starlionblue

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:25 pm

Babaero said:
Travelling in Business class on BA once. Breakfast was served which included a highly presurized yogurt. Pulling back the foil lid quickly resulted in the entire contents flying out the tub, over my shoulder and onto the vacated seat behind me.

Learn to use your fork to poke holes in the lid first  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

It always amuses me (native Swede/Italian) how Americans are so sensitive about bodily functions. A public fart may be embarrasing, but accidentally opening the door to the lav with someone in it isn't embarrasing for me, it's embarassing to the person inside. Or doing a #2 for 15 minutes and having to say you're ok. That's life.

I guess it's just cultural mores. for example, in Sweden I've had friends over before going out. The female ones will sometimes use the lav but leave the door open so they can be included in the conversation.

I'm not judging one way or another. It's just funny how cultures are different when it comes to bodies, touching and bodily functions.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

MD11Engineer

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:45 pm

I caused some embarrasement to oned of our pilots once. That 767 freighter came in and two pilots got off. I went up to the cockpit to do my checks. One of them is to press to test a little red light in the lavatory, which indicates that the cabin altitude went above 10.000 feet and advises the person using the lav to put on the portable oxygen mask located in there. The light is a no-go item. Well, I pulled the door open and there was this pilot, just wiping his derriere. He stared at me with a beet red face. I just said "sorry!" and closed the door again. His own fault, he didn´t lock the door! His buddy, who just came up again this moment to pick up a bag couldn´t stop laughing...

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

dukebluedevil

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:51 pm

Two summers ago, when my family was in the US visiting, I booked our tickets back to Jordan. I had to book them on Royal Jordanian because one of our aunts was flying with us. On top of this, we flew in coach, which is rare for when our family travels together.

Anyway, so we were boarding at JFK and they stuck us in the VERY back of the plane, and my brother and I were going down different aisle. The plane was packed, and there were a lot of infants (parents tend to choose RJ when flying to AMM with kids because its a direct flight). My brother says to me from the other aisle, "I have to words for you." And I thought he was going to say "F--- You" for booking the tickets, but instead, he said "British Airways."

The flight attendant heard that, and then went and talked to my mother, and she asked why we weren't happy on RJ. My mom proceeded to explain that we usually fly J class and that we normally fly BA because of RJ's reputation for having a lot of screaming children on board, she assured the FA that there is nothing wrong with RJ.

The FA then went and glared at my brother and she picked up the microphone and said in Arabic "ladies and gentlemen, we have some dissatisfied customers on board, and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience," and she proceeded to list our seat numbers.

After take-off, my mom stood in front of the cabin and made an announcement that we weren't dissatisfied, etc...but to make a long story short, it was just embarrasing all in all.

Starlionblue

Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:53 pm

Mean F/A! You have a right to your opinion, no? That's just mean.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

TWA902fly

Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:21 pm

flying in 1997, i was 11 years old

BCN-JFK-ORD on TWA... good old days. JFK-ORD flight was full so i was in a middle seat away from my dad who i was traveling with. I fell asleep and had a dream of fallign off a cliff, before hitting the ground i woke up and i think my body spasmed or something but people were laughing. and the best part is when i fell asleep again and it happened again, same dream, same wake up. same laughs.

SLC-ATL-CVG-ORD last summer coming back from Salt Lake in July. taking DL 418 the redeye to ATL which i got no sleep on, i was on this DL flight from CVG to ORD at 9AM after 8 hours of flying, and no sleep in 2 days. fell asleep with a cup of orange juice in my hand. yeah in a couple minutes it was on my lap and on my seat under me. that was fun

SFO-ORD same thing... redeye on UA i fell asleep with orange juice in my hand once again, managed to get it into my sandals and on my legs. that sucked.

TWA902

frequent flier rule #141853 dont drink orange juice on or after a redeye
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

andz

Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:53 pm

In January 1973 I was flying BEA LHR-LIS on a Trident. I was 11 at the time, and this was my 4th ever flight. My parents and my younger sister were sitting in the row in front of my elder sister and myself. We had the headphones on, and you know you always talk louder with those on....

At the front of the cabin the flight attendant was distributing the hot facecloths, and I said to my sister in that unnaturally loud voice: "hey look! They're handing out sanitary towels!"

Well as I said it I knew it was wrong, and the glare I got from mother and the laughs of the other passengers left me looking for the floor to swallow me up!
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

agill

Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:32 am

On a flight home form Crete back to Gothenburg I was in a very bad state after being ill. Had put an 1.5liter botte of water in my carry on. So when the plane is climbing I decide to have some water. So I grab the bottle byt the bottom since it's lying upside down and as I pulls it out of the bag, the cap of course pops of as it gets stuck in something. So now I'm holing a big bottle of water with no cap upside down, and instead of just turning it around (my brain was still in sick mode) I just put the bottle back in the bag, and start to hear that the rest of the plane is starting to sound very amused. Look back and see a river of water flowing down the isle at least 15 seats back. Got a big round of applause and felt incredibly stupid.

Greg

Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:23 am

On the way to Miami on AA from DFW, I 'wandered' onto the wrong plane that was using one of those common jetways (and yes, boarding at the same time).

I didn't realize it until I noticed that someone made a comment on "going home to San Jose.."

At least I hadn't taken my seat yet.

I've learned now not be be on the phone while boarding.....

EIPremier

Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:13 am

I once left my passport and about $300 worth of travelers cheques on board a Reno Air MD-80 at San Jose. They were in a billfold that I left in the seat back pocket when I changed seats after takeoff. I felt like such an idiot when I had to fill out the lost items report. The plane was already boarding for the next flight by this point.

But, thankfully, they found it when they did the overnight fleet service and it was promptly mailed to me without charge. Good customer service! I had already reported the cheques as lost, but they were all still there, as well as the passport.

Another time I was on a flight where my seatmate spilled Sprite on my lap. I had to get up and ask the flight attendants for napkins. I was only 7 at at time time, and everyone was staring at my wet pants as I walked to the back lavatory.

[Edited 2004-03-05 22:17:39]

XFSUgimpLB41X

Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:22 am

I jumped out of my seat to say goodbye to the passengers last week...turns out the entire time my zipper was wide open. Sellin hotdogs!!!..ooooops
Chicks dig winglets.

TRENT500

Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:44 am

Was on a flight from LHR-JNB, and knocked my red wine over (what a waste!) it went all over the guy next to me.And he was wearing WHITE Levi's!!!
That was embarassing Big thumbs up

jeckPDX

Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:33 am

Had an interesting experience on a red-eye PDX-ATL this past June. There were about 50 eighth graders on board going on an end of the year trip to Washington D.C. Of course they did not sleep so one else did. At one point a passenger in the very last row of the 757 stood up and shouted he had to be at a meeting at 8am and had heard enough about the #@*!ing lesbians and cats (the topic of conversation amongst the students) I felt bad for the chaperones who had to control all of the kids.
"Beer is proof that God Loves us and wanted People to be Happy" - Ben Franklin

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos