Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

travel
Topic Author

Qantas And Virgin Blue Employment

Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:29 pm

Why is it that Qantas and Virgin Blue only recruit part time not full time work at Melbourne Airport.

PS Does anybody know if Qantas is recruiting at Melbourne Airport at the moment?

industrybuff

RE: Qantas And Virgin Blue Employment

Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:32 pm

Travel - QF recruitment is very hush hush ... it helps if you have someone who works internally to print of roles from the staff intranet for you !

Jetstar is recruiting - but hurry ... they will need fulltime and part time customer service agents at both Tullamarine and Avalon.

Virgin Blue is recruiting for the same role as above - but for a "hold list" in Sydney next week - I hear Melbourne is to follow .

good luck

travel
Topic Author

Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:51 pm

Thanks Industrybuff,

I have actually applied for Jetstar a team leader and customer service agent , however there was nothing for Tullamarine only Avalon.

Did I miss something....

Marara

Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:54 pm

Travel,

Did you join the mailing list? I received an email inviting me to apply for Avalon CSA positions a couple of weeks ago. I think i have deleted it already though. Have a look on their staffCV website.

travel
Topic Author

Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:00 pm

Marara,

I sure did. I had the same thing emailed to me, however I deleted it because Avolon is no good for me and I am hoping they send an email regarding Tullamarine positions.

I have also sent Qantas heaps of resume's last year and I only had 1 phone call from them asking me whether I was interested in Travel Consultant positions and I turned it down. I am only interested in positions at Melbourne Airport.

I am currently shortlisted with an airline so who knows what's going to happen there..

ClassicLover

Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:09 am

Interesting...

One would have thought that you wouldn't care where you were posted, as long as you got a position in the airline. After that you could move somewhere move convenient as the places became available.

Personally, I'll take anything they can give me now that I've finally decided that airlines is where I want to be.

Cheers,

Trent.

Marara

Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:17 am

Sorry, read your msg wrong. Thought you said you only got MEL positions and not Avalon :P

[Edited 2004-03-12 01:18:39]