Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

brodiebrazil
Topic Author

In-Flight Proposal?

Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:33 am

Has anyone proposed marriage on a flight, or seen it done? Will the crew allow one to get on the PA and do that still these days?

It's something i might try one day...

ramerinianair

RE: In-Flight Proposal?

Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:44 am

That might be cool but standing up for that long may be an FAA violation. People definatly have gotten ingaged in flight, there was on last week on Airline byA&E.

-S.R.

Qantasclub

Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:32 am

This was alwasy a bit of a fantasyof mine, so I proposed to my wife on the upper deck of a Qantas 744 VH-OJN in seat 16 A at 35000 somewhere over Albury on the way to Sydney. I worded the Qantas staff up beforehand and the crew were all very excited. The ring was placed on a corner of the breakfast tray in a discrete box and it took ages for her to actually notice it. The box had a picture of us on the front and she seemed shocked at first about how they managed to get our picture. I then did the on-your-knees thing and asked here there and then. She cried....and cried.....and cried...(you know..as they do) and then said yes.
The crew were absolutedly fantastic-very proffesional and discrete. Before the dee was done, I got knowing winks discretely from the FA in charge of our section on the upper deck..everyone came round and congratulated us, as well as the captain.
She didn't finish the breakfast.

We landed in Sydney and I had a limo pick us up to spend a day on Sydny harbour. It was a pretty cool day.

ClassicLover

Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:48 am

Whoa, you have some serious style there Qantasclub!!

Very tidy indeed!! - thanks for sharing that with us!

Cheers,

Trent.

FBU 4EVER!

Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:02 pm

On the final flight home after a 5-day sling,it so happened that my co-pilot's girlfriend was deadheading on the same flight.She's a flight attendant.
My co-pilot had been planning to propose to her but had not found the time nor occasion,yet.
"Well,this might be both time and occasion.Go ahead.Use the PA if you want to",I told him.He did,received a "Yes" and the story hit the major newspapers in Norway next day.
They are still living happily together.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos