Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

snn2003
Topic Author

Safety Announcements

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:33 am

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of safety announcements from any airline? I need to translate them for a skit in french class. Thx
On behalf of your entire Boston based crew, thanks for flying with us today.

HNLFlyBoy

RE: Safety Announcements

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:47 am

What type of announcements are you looking for? For a manual demo or for a video? Any aircraft specifically? Let me know, I might be able to help you.

snn2003
Topic Author

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:50 am

I want the manual demo since my team needs to act it out.

Gdabski

Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:59 am

Maybe this will help:
http://www.airodyssey.net/reference/inflight.html

Gdabski

[Edited 2004-03-15 18:59:54]

HNLFlyBoy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:07 am

Gdabski,

Great site! I added it to my favorites.

Snn,

I will post something for you later. When do you need it by? What type of a/c would you like it for? Overwater? Airline? Please advise. This sounds like a really kewl project.

HNLFB

snn2003
Topic Author

Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:15 am

It is due on the first of April so I have some time. I have a safety card for each one of TWA's aircraft so if we used TWA that would be cool. Maybe a MD-80 or B717? Thx for all the help
Gage
[email protected] if you wanna use that

HNLFlyBoy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:33 am

Gage,

you got it, I will send to your dbq.edu address. Watch for it.
HNLFB

kalakaua

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:43 am

ALOHA AIRLINES!!! From http://www.pbase.com/aqexplorers/2004_fa_demo

Welcome aboard your Aloha Airlines Boeing 737 flight bound for Kahului, Maui.

At this time, please place your seat backs and tray tables to the full upright and locked position, and be sure that all hand-carried articles are stowed under the seat in front of you.

Your seat belt may be fastened by inserting the clip into the buckle. To release, simply lift up on the buckle. Now please fasten your seat belt, low and tight, across your lap. To tighten your belt, pull on the loose end.

A card located near your seat will acquaint you with the safety features of this aircraft. We recommend that you review the illustrated card for instructions in the use of the equipment.

There are six (6) emergency exits – 2 forward, 2 center (over the wings) and 2 aft. A floor lighting system (-700: An aisle path lighting system) and overhead signs will help you to locate these exits.

The aircraft is pressurized for your comfort. If there should be a change of cabin pressure, oxygen masks will drop from the panel above your seat. Should this happen, pull the mask down sharply, cover your nose and mouth, and slip the elastic band over your head. Oxygen will be flowing although the bag may not inflate. If you are traveling with a child, put on your mask first, then assist your child. Breathe normally, keeping the mask in place, until further advised.

As your safety card indicates, an individual life vest is provided in a pouch beneath your seat. Your vest is worn by pulling it on over your head, grasping the back straps and attaching them to the clips in front. To tighten, pull the straps away from you. Do not inflate your vest inside the aircraft. This aircraft is also equipped with flotation seat cushions.

Welcome Once again, please fasten your seat belts securely, and continue to observe the SEAT BELT/NO SMOKING signs when they are illuminated. Federal Aviation Regulations require your compliance with the lighted signs, posted placards and crewmember instructions.

Smoking is prohibited aboard Aloha's interisland flights. Federal law also prohibits tampering, disabling or destroying the smoke detector in the lavatory.

As a reminder, portable electronic devices are not permitted for use onboard the aircraft as they may interfere with our navigation and communication systems.

Your flight today is under the command of Captain XXX X. XXX. Serving you in the cabin are XXX, XXX, and XXX speaking.

We hope you will enjoy your flight with us, and if we may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call on us by pushing on the button located in the panel above you. Mahalo (Thank you).

Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

blueskies31

Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:51 am

Little bit off the subject, but has anyone here been to the website:

http://www.airtoons.com

a young boy on a farm looks up at a jet flying overhead, and dreams of far away places...a businessman on the jet looks

snn2003
Topic Author

Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:42 am

Thanks for the help!

HNLFlyBoy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:19 am

Snn,

do you still need me to type a script?

snn2003
Topic Author

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:37 am

Naw. Im all set. Ill use what has been presente and edit it for TWA. Thanks!

HNLFlyBoy

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:15 pm

good deal! E-mail me the translation when you are done. I'd love to see it and let me know how it turned out. It's an A project for sure!

Bon Chance!

eddieho

Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:55 pm

Any flight safety demo videos for download?

Phaeton

Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:54 pm

Has anyone here seen the Lufthansa safety announcements for long haul flights? The English announcement is made by a person with a strong but cool American accent. After this was recorded something was added to the announcement. Only that the voice now has got a Irish accent. It was quite amusing to listen to. It would be great if someone here would have a link to a web site were one could download it.

Cheers!
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.", Winston Churchill