jcs17
Topic Author

Continental Reg. Help Needed

Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:24 am

Can someone find the reg. of the 738 operating flight 1731 IAH-SJC on 3/11.

Thanks.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

artsyman

RE: Continental Reg. Help Needed

Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:40 pm

Sonic doesn't allow us that far back, but I'll find out for you on Monday.

J

Beefmoney

Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:54 pm

Does anyone know of that publicly accessable website that will allow you to get registration info for any airline flight in the recent past? I took some American Airlines flights from Phoenix-Dallas-Ft Lauderdale and back the same route over new years, and I would be delighted to find out what aircraft those were, exactly.

I KNOW such a website exists, because I've used it in the past to get N-numbers after airline flights I've taken, but I have since lost the address. Does anyone have that website in your favorites or anything?

Cory6188

Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:21 pm

http://www.bts.gov can give you the info if you go to detailed search in the on-time stats section. It is about two months behind the current month, but it will list the registration for any flight in the US. That's what I use to find out the plane I was on, as I can rarely see the registration of the aircraft through the terminal windows.

Beefmoney

Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:00 pm

Well Cory6188,that is the exact website I was referring to. Thanks.

I cant find any luggage tags or tickets right now that have the flight numbers of the flights I was on, so I just kinda probed around the site trying to find my flights by piecing together orgin/destination and time/date. I think was able to get definately correct results on 2 of my flights. Unfortunatly, the registration number on the first flight came back as "N4XTAA", which clearly is not a valid registration number, and the second flights registration number is listed as "N510AA", which seems to be registered to a Cessna 210 at the moment.

So, no joy on those, but I'll keep trying. Thanks again Cory.

justplanesmart

Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:59 pm

Beefmoney-

On the BTS website, some airlines use the fleet number instead of the registration. In the case of American, take the three digits after the N as the fleet number, and disregard the "AA":
4XT is N961TW
510 is N510AM

Other airlines that use the fleet number include Southwest, which drops the letters (so N301SW is listed as N301, N447WN as N447, etc.), and US Airways, which lists all Airbus planes with "UW" after the fleet number, even if the actual registration ends in "US".
"So many planes; so little time..."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos