Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KLM11
Topic Author

Great / Profitable US Cities For International

Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:41 am

What do you think are some of the most profitable USA Cities for Long Haul Interantional Travel? For Me:

1. JFK
2. ORD
3. LAX
4. SFO
5. HUS

Correct Me If im wrong ... I just guessed  Smile

--KLM11
BENAIRE - The Refined Airline

JeffB

RE: Great / Profitable US Cities For International

Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:50 am

HUS? Where is HUS? Did you mean IAH(Houston)?  Wink/being sarcastic

KLM11
Topic Author

Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:07 am

Sorry, I meant IAH

--KLM11
BENAIRE - The Refined Airline

bigb

Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:29 am

EWR is a cash cow for Continental and many other international carrier serving the airport.
ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, B747-400, CRJ-200/700/900

panam330

Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:52 am

SYR  Laugh out loud

In all reality, the airlines only operate in places where they generate buckets full of pure profit- usually, this constitutes the airlines' respective hub. For US Airways, PHL has to be pure gold, and PIT, not so glamorous. CLT, I have no idea. As has been said before, EWR is a cash cow for CO, and IAH is CO's largest hub, so they services have almost got to be profitable (or Gordon would've packed up and left like a bat out of hell). Stand-alone airports for [potential] profitability include BOS, JFK, EWR, MIA (?), SFO, LAX, IAH, DFW, ORD, etc.

MAH4546

Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:51 pm

No one knows the exact answers but the airlines, though you are most likely looking at the big three being New York City/Newark, Los Angeles, and Miami. As the largest gateways to each of the three major international travel regions (Europe, Asia, and Latin America/Caribbean, respectivley), they not only provide strong orgin & destination traffic, but are the only connecting points to many destinations.

For example, Miami has the US' only non-stops to Cochambaba, Bolivia, Manaus, Brazil, and Cali, Colombia, among many others. Los Angeles has the only non-stops to Harbin, China, Melbourne, Australia, and Canton, China, while New York City/Newark is the only way to get non-stop to Nice, France, Athens, Greece, and Oslo, Norway, among other examples.
a.

UALFAson

Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:42 pm

No one has mentioned IAD. Despite the fact Indy Air wants to make it a domestic low-fare hub, I bet int'l airlines make money hand over fist serving Dulles and the city of Washington.

Just look at how many foreign carriers fly there, and not just to Europe--TACA & UA to Central & South America, ANA & KE to Asia, plus Ethiopian and Saudi Arabian.

During the summer, UA, BA & VS offer 7-9 daily nonstops just to London. Good luck finding a cheap seat on any of them, or even an open seat at all.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

Travelagent

Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:07 pm

I think ATL will be among the TOP 5! We have many reservations via ATL because our passengers appreciate the quite fast and hassle-free immigration procedure for such a big airport!
Born to fly! It's more than a passion - it's a yearning!! At home in DUS(Dusseldorf)!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos