aguilo
Topic Author

According To Delta: CHQ=great!, ACA=awful

Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:02 pm

While waiting for my DLConnection flight from BOS to CMH recently I was talking to the DL Gate Agent about DL's Connection Carriers. She said they absolutely adore Chautauqua but HATE ACA.

She said CHQ is very professional, always ready to go on time whenever the gate agents are ready - a very tightly run ship overall.

ACA on the other hand is constantly late, and ALWAYS having weight and balance issues that require people to be taken off their Dornier 328 Jets, something DL obviously doesn't like having to do.

She told me DL wished that all their express carriers were like CHQ and that they also looked forward to getting rid of ACA as a subcontractor for their DL Connection flights as soon as they possibly good.

AgnusBymaster

RE: According To Delta: CHQ=great!, ACA=awful

Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:42 pm

ACA=America's Crappiest Airline

never on-time, rude staff, always loses your luggage

They are even worse than Atlantic Southeast.

Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:44 pm

Let me guess... the gate agent was a Chautauqua employee?

SDFOH

Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:57 pm

Actually if you ask just about any DL emp they will probably tell you the same thing. I have heard horror stories about ACA canceling full flts just so that they can run an empty flt that will make them more money. Around here we occasionally have our one ACA run about 3 hrs late. Long after we have reaccomadated all the pax, they send it in and out empty instead of canceling the flt. If they had cancelled the flt they could make up sked time on a downline leg, but they are more interested in making money regardless of how it affects all the customers, internal and external.

aguilo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:58 pm

Nope, CHQ employees only run the ERJs the airport personnel (including Gate Agents) are all regular Delta employees

sdkualeb

Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:02 pm

Do they really think its going to get better when they become Independence Airways, NO! This how many people fell. IM so looking forward to them leaving the United name so the Washington area gets far better service then they have been receiving.

aguilo
Topic Author

Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:11 pm

Although I've heard from the DL Agents why they hate working the ACA flights. I'd be interested to hear some more specifics on why ACA sucks from a pax perspective.

I would think they really have to try hard to mess up an express flight where bags are easily handed back to you when you land, and where there is only one FA to have to deal with if they are in fact rude on ACA.

Anyone?

UN_B732

Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:27 pm

If CHQ ran Dornier 328 jets, (not exactly the most reliable a/c out there) it would be interesting to see the reaction.
-Mr. X
What now?

UALPHLCS

Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:52 am

Hey don't let BILLAMT see this or he'll run over and report you to the ACA people on ACA-lounge. PitRules and a couple of others will have a stroke if they see that not only was UA unhappy but DL too.

Of course they will all say that BOS is the crappiest airport in ACA's system. (Like they said for PHL and any complaints I had.) They will say that it was DL's refusal to care about thier Express passengers that made this happen.

they won't arugue facts like DOT on-time rankings or anyhting like that. Just be prepared for an onslaught of blame and accusations Aguilo.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

SegmentKing

Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:08 am

I second the DoDo jet reliability issue. An ACA captain lives down here and jumpseats on us quite a bit, and he tells me horror story after horror story. Delta told them to the fly the FRJ, so ACA did. And ACA has 1 spare for every 10 aircraft.... (compared to 1 for every 18 as a norm..). That spare doesn't include those in for maintenance.

Anyway, the majors pushed ACA and it went aweful. Back in 1998, I actually remember ACA being quite a good feeder for United. Then ORD came along..................
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

gigneil

Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:50 am

Its not just ACA's DoDos... its the whole company.

N

UN_B732

Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:00 am

They run non Dorniers for DL?
They may have some problems, but their out there to make money, after all...and their not all that bad. Who else gives you a hot towel service on a one hour flight?
- Mr. X
What now?

ual777contrail

Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:34 am

This is a great post, lets the ACA folks realize it isn't big bad ual who dislikes them, but pretty much anybody who comes in contact with them.

ACA likes to point blame and say it isn't them, it is everyone who works them. UAL Cancels our flights, ZW wont load our bags, DL is meant o us, good luck Indy air. When you cant successfully work a CRJ or smaller fleet, you wont be able to work A320'S.

Come and get some BILLANT, Where are you?

UAL 777 CONTRAIL

rockyracoon

Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:35 am

They did shortly fly CRJ's for DL Connection as well UN B732. Those are long gone and the FRJ's only remain.

peace
Airports I've flown from: CVG PIT MWO PHL PHX ORD DCA IAD MIA TPA MCO FLL ATL DTW DFW SJC LAX DEN SLC LAS HNL LIH OGG YVR MUC ICN NRT PVG SHA SZX MNL PPS CRK BKK DMK KBV EOH MDE CLO CTG SMR BOG ACD MEX CUN MID AUA SAL RTB

CMK10

Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:37 am

I don't really have the personal experiences to back up my points of view, I have never taken a ACA flight and although my lone CHQ experience (BNA-STL) was smooth sailing, it could be an isolated incident. From what I have heard though ACA really is terrible, a good number of my friends have come to me with ACA horror stories involving long delays without airline help or airline announcements and cancellations. I haven't heard much either way about CHQ, the regional airline I really like is Skywest. They are the best in both my opinion and many others.
"Traveling light is the only way to fly" - Eric Clapton

AirT85

Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:00 am

In Philadelphia ACA took over flying to Boston as Delta Connection. Their have been times when a flight will be delayed and I've seen two ACA flights depart for the same city at the exact same time because of it. This never inspires much confidence in their operation!

-Tony
Why would God make us all so different, if He wanted us to be the same?

dairbus

Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:53 am

I have never been on or worked an ACA flight but from what I know from being in the industry I have to agree with most of the posts. Delta contracted ACA to operate Delta Connection flights a couple years ago when Business Express was bought by American Eagle. ASA and Comair did not have the capacity back then to take over the northeast feeder routes so they had to look for somebody else. That's when ACA got the call. Delta is going to drop ACA in October when they become Independence Airways. This might part of the reason ASA has 25 CRJ's on order for deliveries starting next year.
"I love mankind. It's people I can't stand." - Charles Shultz

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos