Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SleepyFlyBoy
Topic Author

Lmao Pilot Joke/commercial

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:26 am

i saw this today in an advertising class i walked in on. it was an old jetblue commercial. if anyone can find this online please post the link.

it starts off with an airline captain walking out to his car early in the morning going to work. his son comes running after him all excited and screams "when i grow up i wanna be a JetBlue Pilot just like you daddy." the father smiles and then informs his son that he does not fly for jetblue but instead flies for US Air. the son with a sad face now responds after quickly thinking "so thats why mom left!"

it made me laugh. i hope us air pilots dont take offense. comical i think.

mike
kick the tires and light the fires

splitzer

RE: Lmao Pilot Joke/commercial

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:39 am

Womack17

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:53 am

In all honesty - the pilot doesn't say he flies for USAirways - He only says he doesn't fly for Jetblue - still a cute commercial
Oh how I miss Midway Airlines. A class act right to then end.

OPNLguy

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:54 am

>>>"so thats why mom left!"
>>>comical i think

With all due respect (to both you and Jet Blue), I think the ad is pretty insensitive...

There are -real- people that have suffered from USAirway's cutbacks and layoffs over the last few years. -Real- people like families, as well as the employees themselves. I have no doubt that these financial stresses have translated into some relationships, and it's not unreasonable to presume that some marriages have failed as a result.

I like a good creative ad campaign as much as anyone, but when it mirrors what may well be a painful -reality- for others, -that's- when it's crossed the line.

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

OPNLguy

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:57 am

>>>In all honesty - the pilot doesn't say he flies for USAirways - He only says he doesn't fly for Jetblue - still a cute commercial

That's better!

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

FoxBravo

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:58 am

The ad says nothing about US Airways! Vicious rumor alert!  Smile
Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire

S12PPL

Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:04 am

OPNL:
Lighten up dude. They aren't making fun of USAirways at all in these ads, they don't even MENTION another airline. All the kid says is he wants to be a pilot just like his dad, blah blah blah Because JetBlue is cool blah blah blah. And the dad says "But I dont' fly for JetBlue."

The dad is still employed, not laid off, not fired, not furloughed.....EMPLOYED by an airline in the ad.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

wilcharl

Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:16 am

the uniform with the black and gold... and the pilots name tag under the wings is acutally almost a delta uniform.. but again he is just a pilot for an airline.... no one in paticular

henpol747

Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:00 am

Come on, they never said UsAir, it could have been "any" airline

Cheers,

Henpol747
Vive la France! ¡Viva México!

fallout01

RE: Pilot Joke/commercial

Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:01 am

Oh Man!!! I agree, lighten up!

It's a TV COMMERCIAL, not REAL LIFE! Jeesh! If it opens wounds, or hurts your feelings, or messes with your karma...then DON'T look at it! Simple.

I get so tired of hearing about how "insensitive" everything is these days...GROW UP!

Life sucks, then you die.

And yes, I know what it's like to lose my job...and my company...and my marriage. I'm a -REAL- person too. And, I think the commercial is funny and memorable from a viewer's standpoint...which means it succeeded in at least one case.

Jeesh! What's next? Banning cosmetic ads because cosmetics are tested in the eyes of bunny rabbits? Or because they used to be? How about banning nylon pantyhose ads because nylon is also used in fishing nets, and fishing nets can be used in areas where dolphins are, and those nets can sometimes snag a dolphin?

Darn it! And I was in such a good mood...  Angry

OPNLguy

Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:19 am

>>>OPNL: Lighten up dude.

I did--Try reading -both- my posts.  Big grin

thegreatchecko

Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:57 am

I'm a big fan of all their commercials especially the "Paper Airplane" series and the "Mockumentary."

"Mockumentary" is one of the newer ones, its well done, and I have to love the pilot, "We takeoff, fly around for awhile, then land.....somewhere else."

Check them all out at:

http://www.jetblue.com/havefun/media/media.asp

Its the same as the link above, but again for convenience doesnt hurt  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

GreatChecko
"A pilot's plane she is. She will love you if you deserve it, and try to kill you if you don't...She is the Mighty Q400"

Jetfixer75

Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:15 am

What do pilots use as birth control???

Their personalities!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA

Jetfixer75

Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:29 am

Sorry to all the pilots out there, but I had to!!!

pl4nekr4zy

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:33 pm

Man, this thread itself made me laugh more than the commercials...

Fallout, sounds like you need to lighten up yourself before you go telling others to, lol. Your whole little rant was much more intense, if you will, than OPNLguy's or anyone elses. And learn to lighten up on the exclamation points; they lose their meaning after you use them at then end of 6 of your first 7 sentences. Big grin

Have a good day all!
"Don't forget to bring a towel!"

ualonghaul

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm

":What do pilots use as birth control???

Their personalities!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAA "

HAHA

I agree with Pl4nekr4zy, the thread is quite humerous, moreso than the commercial. If you take the commercial that seriously, the above joke applies to you.

Vorticity

Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:51 pm

Question for ye Jetblue fans out there... many of those ads talk about flying new planes. What does Jetblue plan to do when those A320's get some to their midlife crisis? Do they plan on turning over their fleet, dumping those A320's on someone else, are they leased?

Cute ads btw  Smile Now if only Jetblue flew to any of my destinations or my departure city, I'd give 'em a try
Thermodynamics and english units don't mix...

Type-Rated

Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:10 pm

It's sad to say, but airline pilots have a much higher divorce rate than the norm. It's due to being away so often. The women don't like it. It takes a very strong marriage to make it through all the years of separation from trips.
I have seen it many times.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

SleepyFlyBoy
Topic Author

Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:13 am

sorry about the US Air thing... that was my mistake.
kick the tires and light the fires

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos