Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JetSaurus
Topic Author

Where To File A Complaint On A US Carrier

Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:37 am

I wish to file a complaint about my latest travels on a US carrier while traveling with my family.

I've prepared a letter to airline CEO and would like to forward it to the correct federal agency. It's customer service related if it makes a difference.

Can anyone please advise where I should send it to?

Thank you.
Jack/GPT

ssides

RE: Where To File A Complaint On A US Carrier

Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:58 am

Didn't you know? The people here on A.net are all-powerful to comment on and correct customer service mistakes. Just post it here and I'm sure you will get tons of answers!
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

redngold

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:00 am

Go to the airline's website and do a search for "customer service". Or you could call the toll-free reservations number and ask the agent for a mailing address.

Good luck,
redngold

PS you could e-mail me privately with the name of the airline and I could supply the information. Just don't lay on your story, I don't want to get involved.
Up, up and away!

asqx

Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:00 am

The US Department of Transportation is the offical collector of airline related service complaints. You can find the contact information at http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/problems.htm.

wgw2707

Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:18 pm

Aw come on, we're dying to know who did what to you!  Laugh out loud

Seriously, file a complaint with the DOT: These complaints are tallied together to form statistics, and the carriers are ranked by the number of complaints that are filed about them to the DOT. America West and, sadly enough, TWA, used to rank last in that category in the late 1990s (presumably before Compton started improving things at the latter airline and before HP's current CEO took over).

-WGW2707

artsyman

Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:42 pm

I too would be interested in knowing who he is complaining about. I do know that he seems to be in Gulfport, Mississippi, and a little research shows that he was going to DCA with the family.

So, could be a handful of carriers. I vote that it will be Continental, because that is who I least want it to be.

J

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos