Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fly_yhm
Topic Author

Niagara Falls Airshow

Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:47 am

Im not sure if this is the right fourm or not but here it goes. Im wondreing if anyone here has ever been to the Niagara Falls Airshow in Niagara Falls NewYork and could tell me what kinda of static display they have. I check the website frequently but nothing is shown on there. Any help would Rock.

Fly_yhm
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

HlywdCatft

RE: Niagara Falls Airshow

Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:30 pm

Is it over the falls? I doubt there will be any static display.

The only thing that I know about the Niagra Falls Airshow was that Blue Angels had a collision there around 1984

captaingomes

Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:33 pm

Ray, how about the Hamilton Air Show? I know it was cancelled as of a few years ago, but any word on it coming back?
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

kbuf737

Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:42 pm

Niagara Falls Airshow is at IAG. Lots of cool stuff comes in. In the past i've seen B-1 and some other cool military a/c do flyovers and what not. A couple of good static displays as well. Its a decent airshow. Another good one in WNY is the Geneseo airsow. I remember going to that when I was a kid, I'm not even sure if they still have it. I got to see a DC-3 though, inside and all. Definately very cool. Alot of old planes at GEE airshow.
The tower? Rapunzel!!!!!!

LY744

Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:31 am

Just go down to London, I know I will. http://www.londonairshow.com June 25-28 (just over a week from now!).

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

zrb2

Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:50 am

The airshow at IAG is definitely worth seeing. I used to go every year when I lived up there. Expect to see a great assortment of large and small planes at the static display. Some C-130's and KC refueling tankers are based there as well.

http://www.thunderoverniagara.com/

captaingomes

Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:08 am

I only went once to the London air show, and of course, it was cancelled that day due to the weather. I'll try to make it this year though.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

LY744

Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:47 am

Sounds like Niagara is going to have the Blue Angels, which is great, but London is going to have a B-1B, F-16, CF-18, F-14, P-51D, several transports and helos etc., not to mention the awesome static display.  Big grin But hey it's all good, if I had the time I'd go to Niagara too.

LY744.

dripstick

Niagara Falls Airshow

Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:55 am

The Thunder Over Niagara Airshow is one of the better shows, great variety and nice aerial displays.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Andy Vanderheyden

It used to be free as it's an Open House but I think I paid $5.00 a few years ago.

I plan to attend this year's event as well as London. Love those Tomcats!

Cheers, Andy
What's another word for thesaurus?

ScottKBUF

Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:25 pm

That is definately going on my schedule. Looks like a load of fun!
Buffalo, NY

fly_yhm
Topic Author

Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:43 am

Im heading to London this year I hope I should know by monday I wanted to go to niagara falls as well to see the Blue Angels I saw them a Rochester a few years ago and they were great but I wanted to see a good Static Line up as well and London has a great one this year who know maybe I will hit both.

Andy are you going for sure?

Captiangomes

The Hamilton Airshow is now just The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum aircraft flying around its prety crappy from the glory days from the 90s.

I use to spend from Thursday Morning to monday afternoon hanging out watch all the arrivals on thursday friday and airshow on saturday sunday then departures on monday. oh how I miss that.

Arrival day was great to see the flighters sreaming down over rwy 24 and watching all the big Cargos and bombers C-5 C-17 C-141 B-52 etc etc.

yhmfan

Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:41 am

how about the Hamilton Air Show? I know it was cancelled as of a few years ago, but any word on it coming back?

Captaingomes;
I was on the Board of Directors of Hamilton Airshow the last year of its operation. There are three problems about bringing it back:

1. The financial burden is significant. The last year of the show, the insurance costs became intolerable. To put a good show on costs a lot of money and then you are completely at the mercy of the weather.

2. There is no funding from any level of Government (rightly so in today's environment) Bell Canada was very generous but it was not enough.

3. The Airshow industry is a very close community. Once you lose your "slot" in a particular time frame, it is very difficult to get it back.

A lot of very dedicated people worked very hard to make the Hamilton Airshow one of the top shows in North America. Unfortunately, the economic realities could not be overcome.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you

HlywdCatft

Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:59 am

I seen the London Airshow back in the late 1980s. The Snowbirds were there and as usual after a Snowbirds show there was a thunderstorm, just like every other time I seen a Snowbirds show.

F4N

Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:10 am

Fly_yhm:

The airshow at IAD is usually a fine event which is always heavily attended. The organizers and the military personnel do a great job in keeping things moving smoothly and despite the crowds, I've never had a problem getting in, finding my way around and getting out.

The events are, of course, predicated on unit availability; with the constant rotations and commitments the services have to contend with you never what you will actually see. Count on the C130/KC135 of the NYANG and probably some form of USAF display. USN/USMC are usually present. NATO and other overseas airforces are very iffy.

You should try and attend; it's usually worth it.

regards,

F4N

fly_yhm
Topic Author

Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:16 pm

I mostly wondering if I would see what i would see in London? Either way I think I could be attending both. Which would rock 2 jet teams in 1 year. 1 year I saw the Thunderbirds Snowbirds and the Blue Angels The Thubderbirds and Snowbirds where the Hamilton for the 25th year and the Blue Angels were in Rochester. Wow what a great year. Anyone know much about the Rochester show this year?

captaingomes

Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:16 pm

Thanks for the replies regarding the YHM Airshow. It's really too bad, and I had heard about the escalating insurance costs. Too bad really, because I never got to see the YHM Airshow, and I did hear it was great.

I will have to check out the London Airshow next weekend. The lineup looks great!

LY744

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:24 am

So as to not steal the Niagara Airshow's thunder, I've started a London Airshow thread. Check in there and let everybody know if and when you're coming (or say whatever you feel like saying about the London show): https://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/1623761/

LY744.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos