Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airmale
Topic Author

Interesting Malaysia Airlines Concept Livery

Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:44 pm

Looks like Qantas but better, they should adopt this if they go for a change, or maybe QF should modify theres to something like this, http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/search/photo_search.php?id=00002733
.....up there with the best!

AvianceGirlUK

RE: Interesting Malaysia Airlines Concept Livery

Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:48 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH
thats disgusting.... is that for real?? Are they seriously going to paint it that awful colour??
Crikey!!

airmale
Topic Author

Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:59 pm

OK! to each his own, this livery would also be great for Air China, they could have a big half gold star in the corner near the leading edge surrounded by the smaller stars as on the flag.

boysteve

Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:06 pm

I quite like it! MH's current livery is a bit dull

mats

Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:01 pm

I like the "concept design," but I'm afraid that it's too reminscent of Qantas. I also think that the typeface needs to be bolder.

I agree, however, the current livery has become quite dated. Malaysia Airlines is a world-class carrier, so they need an image that reflects their status.

C130HERCULES

Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:10 pm

I think that new livery isn't very appealing.I do agree their current c/s leaves much to be desired. Like I have heard of Malaysia's to be one of the best airlines around, don't judge an aircraft by its cover.  Smile It's is definitely time they updated this livery and make it reflect the excellent service provided by Malaysia Airlines.

C130
Vacation - ''Time wasted between two flights''

Horus

Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:11 pm

I definitely prefer the current c/s compared to that rubbish.

Horus

EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

L.1011

Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:52 pm

RCS763AV

Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:28 pm

GROSS!!!!!!!!! How can someone like that?

frugalqxnwa

Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:30 pm

Its okay, but to me it looks a little too much like Virgin Atlantic or Qantas.

Horus

Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:37 pm

L.1011, the picture in the link you gave is definitely stunning, but the problem is that it doesn't give you the feeling of style and glamour associated with a 'world-class' airline.

Horus

EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

keno

Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:54 pm

As a Malaysian, I have the final say in this thread  Big thumbs up

I quite like L.1011's link but Airmale's one is not something that I want to see on my flagship carrier. MH colour scheme can use a bit of extra colours, but as a world class airline, less is definitely more  Big grin I'd say stick to the present livery.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chris Sheldon

[Edited 2004-07-18 17:09:37]

mas a330

Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:50 am

No, KEno, I have the final say.  Big thumbs up

The first one isnt something i would say suits MH. too much red. the second one is better, but still, MH currently livery is good the way it is. One of my favourites in the sky  Smile

malb777

Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:50 am

Not a bad livery idea but I still reckon the A380 looks ugly whatever you do to it, Maybe they can invent a big bag to go overs its head.
thank god i was not born a bird. this type of flying is much better

MAS777

Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:18 am

Malaysia Airlines was in the midst of rebranding its corporate livery a few years ago but all plans were shelved due to the economic crisis in '97. The new livery was very similar to the new Gulf Air livery - with blue and gold as the primary colours and a 'Euro-' white fuselage.

I think plans will probably be afoot soon to update their livery, uniforms and product since their current one has been around for some time and was only supposed to last for about 10 years when that was launched.

btw - those green uniforms really have to GO! (although the kebaya should remain!!)

elwood64151

Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:42 am

Actually, I like the second link posted for a new c/s.

The first one needs more of a fade from the hard-red to the white. The current fade is still too sharp and comes out looking garish. Make it a softer transition and it'd look real nice!

The second one reminds me a bit of Delta or BA, but only a little. The switch from dark blue to red to white is pleasing to the eye and has a "Trust Me, I'm a professional" feel to it.
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

wgw2707

Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:53 am

I myself would argue that the civil aviation forum is not the appropriate place to plug MAP liveries. Designing conceptual liveries is fine and dandy, but then plugging them on the Civil Aviation forum and trying to get people to say that they're better than the professional designed livery currently in use annoys the heck out of me.

It's true, a lot of airlines have lousy liveries. It's also true, a lot of interesting designs have been uploaded to Modified Airliner Photos, some of which may be more aesthetically pleasing than the liveries currently in use. However in my opinion the creators of these amateur livery concepts should refrain from posting about them on this forum, such as aviation photographers would do well to refrain from plugging their photos.

Let's let anyone interested in seeing these concepts view them on MAP...

BTW I myself have done some livery designs, and this post is not meant in any way, shape or form to discourage aspiring artists from designing and uploading liveries to that site, just please do not plug them in here and start a flamewar about which livery is better, the old or the new one.

-WGW2707

airmale
Topic Author

Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:56 pm

I did not do the livery design for your information.

fuffla

Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:31 pm

L.1011

That livery seems to be better than the one that was first posted but it still does not suit MH. The livery would be suited for a Malaysia low cost carrier but it does not contain enough class for the up-market passengers that MH attracts.

Qantasclub

Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:20 pm

The latest concept livery is gross. Yellow and red together = Cheap and ugly.

MH's current livery is no better either-it has been around for way too long and looks dated, old and dirty-anyone with any eye for colour will tell you that white plus grey on planes look bad enough, let alone the red and blue thrown in. They need to update their livery as it is not a classic and has been worn for too long. I like the first concept livery thet retains the blue and red as well as the kite symbol.
Long Haul is the only way to go

Airbus Lover

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:48 pm

You guys forgot about ME, so it's obvious who has the final say but our views aren't too different, here it goes:  Big thumbs up

2nd one is better but current one will stay, beats the hell out of the rest. Represents this world class airline best. Enough said. Agree?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos