Jumpseat: How Did You Do This?

Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:55 pm

Hi.

Read the remark under this photo:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Antoine Ossadzow

Sabena332 and Antoine:

How did you got the chance to sit on the jumpseat/what did you do the get to sit on the jumpseat?

FJWH

FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

SAS-A321

RE: Jumpseat: How Did You Do This?

Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:11 pm

I don't think it is a good idea to discuss how you got into a restricted area in a public fora! Unwanted persons might read it!
It's Scandinavian

ZKSUJ

Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:13 pm

Yeah I agree, there is always some one who will spoil it  Big grin Real lucky guys though, maybe the laws in whichever country are not as strict, or maybe they are the pilots for the airline who chose to fly jumpseat?????

Sabena332

Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:30 pm

Hmmmm....according to my boarding pass, I sat on seat 12 B  Innocent.

Watch out for a small trip report, maybe I have time to post it tonight.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

geoffm

Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:04 pm

Some Air France captains apparently allow flight deck visits, according to earlier threads about such visits. Just ask and you *may* get!

Geoff M.

EMBQA

Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:28 pm

It's easy. The person taking the picture is an airline employee and is jumpseat authorized. His profile states 'Airline Employee'.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Sabena332

Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:46 pm

It's easy. The person taking the picture is an airline employee and is jumpseat authorized. His profile states 'Airline Employee'.

Wrong. It is correct that I am working for an airline but not for Air France. I am working for a German airline but since our minister of the interior has become paranoid last November, I am unfortunately not jumpseat authorized anymore.

Antoine and a few other people made this fantastic flight possible, I hope you understand that we can not provide more details.

Merci beaucoup to all people who made this possible!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

FJWH
Topic Author

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:31 pm

Ok, thanks for this! I understand that you can't give any more details.

FJWH
FlightS in the next 3 months: MSP, PHX, MEM, NCE, TFS, BCN. All round trips from AMS

miamiair

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:55 pm

Its no great secret, and you're not going to mees it up for everybody. Here's Gemini's Jump Seat Policy:

ACM (Jumpseat) Policy and Procedures

We are pleased to welcome you aboard our DC-10 and MD-11 aircraft. We offer the following guidelines to assist you in complying with our Jumpseat Policy and Procedures.

FAR 121.547 covers requirements for admission to the flight deck;

Sterile cockpit procedures apply anytime the aircraft is below 10,000 feet and anytime the Captain requires;

The Captain has final authority on Jump Seat availability as well as priority;

Your Jump Seat opportunity on Gemini Air Cargo aircraft includes Domestic and International Flights;

Each Jump Seat rider must observe strict professional conduct, be free from the influence of alcohol, and be in proper business attire or airline uniform;

Proper company identification must be displayed at all times;

Jump Seat availability is on a space available basis, and can be reserved within 48 hours of departure;

On International flights, eligible persons desiring the Jump Seat must have current passport and necessary visa, in addition to applicable immunization records. To allow sufficient time for processing and coordination, you should report approximately ninety (90) minutes prior to flight departure;

On all flights, be prepared to show the Captain your Airman and Medical Certificates, as well as your airline identification.

Jumpseat requests may be made up to 48 hours in advance by faxing our Flight Operations department at (703)260-8246. Requests must include:

Date of travel, flight number.

Point of origin and destination.

A clear photocopy of Company Identification Badge, Pilot License and Medical Certificate, and Passport photo page, on a single 8 1/2 by 11 sheet. In the absence of a Passport, a valid photo ID issued by a state or the U.S Government will be acceptable.

A local telephone number where thay may be contacted to coordinate a meeting place with the operating crew prior to the flight.

Emergency contact name and telephone number.
Please scroll down to review the flight schedules, select your flight, and fax that information to the above number. Your request will be logged and forwarded with the appropriate paperwork provided to our flight crews. A call back will be provided to you confirming your reservation. Check with the Captain of the flight prior to departure for your final boarding authority.

Hope this sheds light on this issue for you...
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos