Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

garnetpalmetto
Topic Author

Leahy's Talking Out Of His ___ Again

Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:28 pm

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/182692_airbus19.html

My reaction is that I hope Boeing takes the wind out of this blowhard's sails (and sales, for that matter). Again doubting composites and making it seem as if he's golf buddies with the CEO of EVERY airline in that HE hasn't heard from the airlines that they're planning on ordering the 7E7. Do airlines tell Leahy every move they plan to undertake? I doubt that seriously. I could hear it now - "Hello John, this is Herb over at Southwest. Listen, we're planning on changing brands of the toilet paper in the lavs. No no, it's going to be two-ply. Yes, it's going to be unscented. Well, I just wanted to let you know!"  Insane

South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

NYC777

RE: Leahy's Talking Out Of His ___ Again

Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:36 pm

I can't stand him. He really is an insult to the intelligence of normal people worldwide! Once the 200 orders are confirmed by Boeing and their customers, Leahy will be eating his words on New Year's Eve.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

airportugal310

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:02 pm

Boeing's best supporters for the 7E7 will be airlines that have not looked at the A330. When airlines take the time, they usually buy our products."

For example, US airlines?

Furthermore, I think the article is well written. Most of you will say otherwise.
Also, Garnetpalm, where do you see that he is golf buddies with everyone?
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

7e72004

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:03 pm

He is talking out of his ASS again! i think that is what the headline is supposed to say  Big thumbs up
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

LMP737

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:07 pm

One thing is for sure, Mr Leahy is entertaining. Or at the very least an "ugly American", how ironic.

When David North test flew the A330-200 several years ago old John boy made a interesting comment. He stated that most airlines that operate the 777 order their aircraft with a 2-2-2 business class and those that don't eventually convert over. Well nothing could be further from the truth. Most airlines that have a three class configuration have 2-3-2 in business class. And I have yet to hear of a airline to go from a 2-3-2 over to a 2-2-2.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

keesje

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:07 pm

So when will Boeing get its FIRST firm order for the 7E7 ?

Will it be ANA or ANZ

I think there are a lot of statements in the article Boeing some fellow a.net members prefer to ignor & simply continue bash Leahy as a person the easy way ..

"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

JAL777

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:35 pm

garnetpalmetto
Topic Author

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:40 pm

AirPortugal - when Leahy states that:

We are in contact with the airlines. We talk to them on a daily basis. We know Boeing is going around and making a lot of presentations, but we don't see anyone about to place orders

He makes it sound as if he knows everything all the CEOs are considering (i.e. that he has a chummy relationship with everyone). Typical bluster by Leahy.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

scbriml

Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:41 pm

JAL777, Keesje's point was that, as yet, no airline has signed a firm contract. Seeing as how the design isn't even frozen yet, how could they - what would they be buying? The announced 'orders' so far are all refundable deposits (probably based on LOIs).

As soon as firm orders are signed, they will go on Boeing's website - there are none there today:
http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/index.cfm?flash=y
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

RT514

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:10 am

The funny thing is that in many ways, the fact that he infuriates the Boeing fans only speaks further to how good Leahy is as a marketing man.

He really is an insult to the intelligence of normal people worldwide!

Oh, I wouldn't go that far. Like him or not, Leahy is an intergral part of the fact that Airbus surpassed Boeing in sales and that is a remarkable feat.
I guess he's either really good or the vast majority of the world is really dumb. The fact is that it has to be one or the other.

Furthermore, I think the article is well written.

I agree, and this is far from the most potent venom that Leahy has spewed in recent history.

planemaker

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:17 am

Leahy sure is entertaining... I wonder if he and Bethune were seperated at birth. Big grin
Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. - A. Einstein

SafetyDude

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:22 am

Hello John, this is Herb over at Southwest.
Airbus? Southwest? Oh, shame on you.  Innocent

-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

Okie

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:32 am

With Farnborough, PR hype from A or B, Spindoctors, etc, etc,

One just has to turn the BS shields up to maximum power.

Hey, the guy is just doing what he is paid to do and seems to be pretty successful at it. Just the kind of person you would rather have working for you as your competition.

Okie

DfwRevolution

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:53 am

So when will Boeing get its FIRST firm order for the 7E7 ?

Will it be ANA or ANZ

When the "order" was placed in late April, ANA stated it would be made firm sometime around August or September. I assume they are either working out the breakdown between -3 and -8 models, working on finances, and possibly waiting for another 6 months of test results to help choose the exact number of each type. They also need to choose an engine type (I'm convinced it will be the GENEX) and cabin configuration among other things.

Oh, I wouldn't go that far. Like him or not, Leahy is an intergral part of the fact that Airbus surpassed Boeing in sales and that is a remarkable feat.

I'll never question Leahy's ability to sell something, as he has come up with some of the most creative deals in the history of big budget purchases. At the same time, having an open checkbook is a strong negotiating tool.

One thing is for sure, Mr Leahy is entertaining. Or at the very least an "ugly American", how ironic.

No kidding... his hair will give Donald Trump's a run for the money  Big grin

I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

planemaker

Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:56 am

Yes, you just gotta love the fun and games at Farnborough -- the EADS news conference the day before was just as entertaining...  Big grin

Hertrich pointed to the Japanese airlines that fly 20 Boeing 747 jets daily to Hawaii. Are they likely to want smaller aircraft? he asked rhetorically before delivering his heated "nonsense" verdict.

He suggested the A380 could kill the aging 747 and leave Boeing competing in just two parts of the commercial-jet market.

And the superjumbo A380, if fitted with GE engines, would have more than 50 percent U.S. content, Hertrich said.

"The (Boeing) 7E7 will have 35 percent U.S. content," he said. "So what is the American aircraft?"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/boeingaerospace/2001982904_boeing19.html
Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. - A. Einstein

greasespot

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:00 am

Hello people. He is an AIRBUS salesman. His job is to sell airbus over Boeing. What do you expect him to say. How superior the 7E7 will be? To sell a product effectively you have to believe the product is the best.

I am sure Boeing salesman do exactly the same thing. It is their job.

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

ND

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:18 am

I would say that with all the venom Leahy is spewing out, it sounds like he is getting a little desperate.

Although Boeing has had numerous PR blunders, I find their attitude in this situation to be a lot more "low-profile" than Airbus. Perhaps Boeing does not wish to emulate the "teasing" and "mudslinging" of their counterpart in order to look like the more mature of the two children.

In any case, if Boeing starts their own mudslinging in the magnitude of Leahy, that would just prove Leahy is right. Leahy wants to get on Boeing's nerve so it can trigger another PR blunder for them. Leahy wants Boeing to exaggerate their claims to defend against Leahy so later they will face a blunder of some sort. I think that if Boeing keeps their same attitude right now: humble and sticking with the facts, they will be much better off in the coming years... at least in the PR department.
ND - Hated By Many, Confronted By None

iowa744fan

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:19 am

But Leahy said his A330-200 has about a dozen more seats than the 7E7-8, so the seat mile costs are lower.

So, apparrantly, the secret is to add 12 extra seats to your plane and that gives your the lower seat mile costs? We can now throw out how efficient the rest of the plane is (engines, weight, etc.)?

Overall, when factoring in cash operating costs, fuel burn, available seats and capital costs, the A330-200 beats the 7E7 on overall economics, Leahy said.

This should be an interesting one to determine when the 7E7 is launched.

Airbus is hoping to sell Singapore the A330-200, perhaps a new "lite" version that Leahy said would have a takeoff weight of 30 metric tons less that the current A330-200 and derated engines to boost fuel efficiency.

Yeah, good luck with that one Leahy!

"Unless they (Boeing) have discovered some new law of physics or some new manufacturing process that nobody in the world has ever heard of -- and we know they have not -- then they either will be sub-optimal, in which case they will make an airplane and it will cost them a fortune to do it, or they will come back toward the best engineering and manufacturing standards and build a plane with less than 30 percent composites."

So, when the percentage of composites in the 380 continue to increase in order to keep weight down (as it has been rumored will happen), is Leahy going to say that Airbus figured out the secret formula?

Finally,
"I've never seen an airplane where the market hype from the PR department is less in contact with the reality of the marketplace."

Hi, I am selling the A-380.

Korg747

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:29 am

*Leahy complained again in the interview that ANA did not evaluate the A330-200 and simply ordered the 7E7 because of its close ties to Boeing.*

"We assume that order was more in the category of a political order,"

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh sureeeeee Boeing is the only company that do popo stuff.

[Edited 2004-07-19 18:40:09]
Please excuse my English!

miamiair

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:37 am

I wonder if anyone takes into account that Boeing's Spares network is a lot more efficient and better stocked than Airbus.
I have seen this firsthand. After a hail storm, Boeing had replacement upper wing panels two days later...the A300-600R was still sitting on the ramp having time consuming repairs done to it...

If it ain't Boeing, I anin't going!
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

7e72004

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:40 am

Leahy is an arrogant prick..that's all there is to it!
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

solnabo

Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:48 am

Now, now........how can you talk like that about a fellow citizen  Big grin

Mike
Airbus SAS - Love them both

miamiair

Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:01 am

Nice thing about America...Freedom of speech. Just like your wanting the man that has several position on one issue in the White House.

"'Shrek 2' made over $120 million during its first week. In a related story, John Kerry asked Shrek to marry him." —Conan O'Brien

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Scorpio

Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:13 am

Miamiair,

I wonder if anyone takes into account that Boeing's Spares network is a lot more efficient and better stocked than Airbus.

No doubt you'll now explain the relevance of that statement to this thread.

I have seen this firsthand. After a hail storm, Boeing had replacement upper wing panels two days later...the A300-600R was still sitting on the ramp having time consuming repairs done to it...

So wait, you made that statement based on a single occurrence, and immediately assumed it was indicative of the entire Airbus spares network?

If it ain't Boeing, I anin't going!

Please don't make stupid comments. Does this mean you won't fly MD, Embraer, Bombardier, Fokker, Lockheed, etc. either? Guess you have to be increasingly careful in the planning of your journeys then...

Oh, BTW, what's an anin't?

miamiair

Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:23 am

I guess God didn't give you a sense of humor Scorpio. Nothing wrong with waving the flag. The relevance has to do with product support. A very large difference between Boeing and Airbus sorry to say, and Boeing comes out on top of that one.

RT514

Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:34 am

Although this is speculation at best, supported by one anecdote:
The answer to that is...
Apparently not!
If that were true and/or a significant factor, then the sales numbers between Airbus and Boeing would be much further apart than they are.

Hello people. He is an AIRBUS salesman. His job is to sell airbus over Boeing. What do you expect him to say. How superior the 7E7 will be? To sell a product effectively you have to believe the product is the best.

Hail to Greasespot, for posting pure and unadulterated logic.

JeffDCA

Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:49 am

One comment of his made me laugh:

"Unless they (Boeing) have discovered some new law of physics or some new manufacturing process that nobody in the world has ever heard of -- and we know they have not

Has he forgotten about the things going on behind the scenes in the US, when it comes to advanced materials for military aviation? Boeing is involved with this through their military division, and as it's highly classified they [Airbus] couldn't possibly know about it. Its a simple matter of Beoing using this advanced materials knowledge on the 7E7.

Just a case of Airbus publicly messing up their underwear if you ask me.

Cheers,

Jeff
If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.

gearup

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:41 am

Oh some of us Boeing fans are oh so touchy! Take it easy guys, what do you expect Mr Leahy to say? Do you think the rhetoric is any different from Stonecipher, Condit and Mulally? They are all salesmen and all very good at their jobs (one hopes!). The 330's record speaks for itself, it is an outstanding success, just like the 777, 747 etc. and one beautiful flying machine. The 7E7 has the task of following a very tough act and the jury is still out on whether it is good enough to surpass it. Time will tell, methinks Boeing will do it.

GU
I have no memory of this place.

boeingbus

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:51 am

All I can say - talk is cheap!!!! He can say whatever he wants and so can Boeing... time will tell and we shall see what comes out of this...

From past experience we have seen Boeing release new products that far exceed expectations. Airbus doesnt have that record and recent news about the A380 it seems like they havent learned from past mistakes.

His statements only fuels the fire betweeen the two companies.
Airbus or Boeing - it's all good to me!

eg777er

Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:39 am

Has he forgotten about the things going on behind the scenes in the US, when it comes to advanced materials for military aviation? Boeing is involved with this through their military division, and as it's highly classified they [Airbus] couldn't possibly know about it. Its a simple matter of Beoing using this advanced materials knowledge on the 7E7.

So, remind me again about the level of government support for Boeing through defence R&D spending that so many US members tell us doesn't exist?

Big grin  Big grin  Big grin

planemaker

Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:39 am

Boeing is involved with this through their military division, and as it's highly classified they [Airbus] couldn't possibly know about it. Its a simple matter of Beoing using this advanced materials knowledge on the 7E7.

Boeing is manufacturing very little of the 7E7 - they are basically only going to be assembling it in 3 days. Furthermore, the materials are not "highly classified" -- a Japanese company is supplying the composites to the component manufacturers (MHI, Alenia, Vought, etc.) And it is not a simple matter -- Raytheon is the only company that has built a civil composite fuselages (the Premier and Horizon are a fraction of the size of the 7E7) and they were both around 2+ years behind schedule (and their wings were out of aluminum!)

FYI, manufacturing the 7E7 is not a walk in the park. It will take good fortune along with an incredible amount of effort to maintain the project timeline. Just look at how long a "conventional" design takes to get to certification, and Boeing expects the 7E7 to take about the same amount of time even though no other comercial aircraft with a composite fuselage or wings has ever been certified. Boeing is still experimenting and testing with their partners just how the 7E7 will be built. And the FAA still has to come up with composite certification standards for the 7E7 that they have no experience with.

So in reference to some of Leahy's composite comments -- he's not just making it up. He is just doing his job to point out the challenges that the 7E7 has in going from paper (screen) to a composite reality.

knoxibus

Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:57 am

I am amazed to see how people react to the "Leahy" talk. Guess it does work.

In the other hand funny to see people criticizing Airbus' PR attitude, while saying Boeing is keeping a low-profile, when aerospace news for the past three weeks have been covered by Boeing's top executives that kept saying that Airbus was "cheating" with government susidies and yadihadiha..

And two threads later, there is one guy explaining that Boeing's engineering is far better due to the huge military R&D budget they get from Pentagon...that does make me laugh...

In the other hand, I kind of disagree with Leahy's saying, sounds like some baby talk to me...

Oh and Miamiair, Airbus support is not good, but you brought up a very interesting case. Repair on a A300-600 ( brand new aircraft, oh yeahh), on US soil, compared to a Boeing A/C of which you do not precise the type.

I'm not saying its easy reasons why Airbus' support did not react as quickly, but you ve got to give it some credits...
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.

glideslope

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:57 am

Well, this is interesting. I would say this confirms the A380 is in trouble.
Spewing this much venom is beyond a sales pitch. Airbus is very nervous. They SEVERELY underestimated the market for the 380, and have nothing to match the 7E for at least 6-10 yrs.

My GOD, can you imagine what would happen if the EU forced Airbus to payback the 380 development costs? You know the situation. If Airbus can get away with it, why can't we? I see it coming.

p.s. Leahy's Hair is no match for Trump's.
"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.” Sun Tzu

deltabobo

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:28 am

Hey,

Maybe Leahy and Michael Moore could become friends.. Or maybe they already are!!!!!

Yikes.
Dispatchers...saving pilots from themselves and their egos since 1938!

bjg231

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:42 am

Deltabobo,

Are you referring to their ability to grab the media's attention and stir up trouble or their ability to distort the truth?

I think they may each have a little of both.

"Boeing's best supporters for the 7E7 will be airlines that have not looked at the A330. When airlines take the time, they usually buy our products."

HA!

Of course, it makes perfect sense to neglect the competition and choose another solely based on speculation. He's starting to sound like a child whining that the only reason he didn't win something was because the judges were biased and stupid.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

whitehatter

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:51 am

Spewing this much venom is beyond a sales pitch. Airbus is very nervous. They SEVERELY underestimated the market for the 380, and have nothing to match the 7E for at least 6-10 yrs.

The fact that you have confused OVER and UNDER indicates you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Leahy is a salesman. If he is playing hardball, he will go for the hard sell. In that respect he is a brilliant manipulator of the media and worth every Euro that Airbus pays him.

If I was selling a product, I'd want someone with his expert talents on my team.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

kalakaua

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:52 am

Gosh. Leahy reminds me of Moore.
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

wedgetail737

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:55 am

Leahy is the one that protested the exclusive supplier of airplanes with Boeing back in the 1990's saying that it wasn't in the best interest of the airlines. I would think that the airlines would know what their best interests would be...not Leahy. He's also the one that sobs to the politicians when an order goes to Boeing.

Leahy! Get off your high-horse! This is just the beginning of the end of Airbus!

Ha ha!

whitehatter

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:58 am

Lehay sure does talk like an arrogant Frenchman. Can we petition the government to revoke his citizenship? He sure as hell has given up his American roots, we dont need him back.

Unless he was coming back to work for Boeing.....?

Grow up. A good salesman can find work anywhere. If he left Airbus to work for Boeing you'd be squeaking about how brilliant he is.

Leahy is good at what he does. That's why he makes the big $$$ and those who can't see that are screeching about him on these boards.

kalakaua

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:01 am

He's not a good salesman...

He's just a puppet that knows how to talk on it's own. Hey! Like Pinnochio!
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

garnetpalmetto
Topic Author

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:02 am

Leahy is good at what he does. That's why he makes the big $$$ and those who can't see that are screeching about him on these boards.

There's being good at what you do and then running off and making moronic statements that can come around, bite you in the ass, and cause you to lose any and all credibility. If the 7E7 is as successful as Boeing believes it will be, Leahy will have a rather large dish of crow to dine on to go along with the egg on his face.

whitehatter

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:05 am

He's not a good salesman...

He's just a puppet that knows how to talk on it's own. Hey! Like Pinnochio!

You mean like Stonecipher and Mulally? Condit too? Who writes their scripts for them? Can they walk and talk at the same time?

You are another slogan-thrower who needs to grow up and realise that companies employ smart sales people to press their case.

whitehatter

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:10 am

There's being good at what you do and then running off and making moronic statements that can come around, bite you in the ass, and cause you to lose any and all credibility. If the 7E7 is as successful as Boeing believes it will be, Leahy will have a rather large dish of crow to dine on to go along with the egg on his face.

and will ANY of that impact on his pay cheque?

Salesmen are brass necked. They are only as good as their next sale. History to them is exactly that; history.

Respect the man for what he does. He is paid by Airbus to promote their products. Leahy does a fine job at that, keeping Airbus in the eye of the news services.

If he was incompetent then by all means trash him. He isn't. He is doing a good job and the job he is paid to do.

cumulonimbus

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:20 am

@Scorpio, Nice one. We need more People Like you on A.Net

kalakaua

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:24 am

Well, at least they have integrity.
Unlike Leahy who parades around like he's the...

BWIA 772

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:34 am

Just let me ask a question did Boeing bash any of airbus aircrafts during the developemental stage.

I have to agree with the person that said Leahly sounds a little desperate.

Boeing fans when the 7e7 follows in the foot steps of the 777 and takes off interms of sale it would be nice to see what the Airbus fans along with Leahly are saying about it.
Eagles Soar!

glideslope

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:38 am

Whitehat,

Thank you for pointing out my error. I meant "overestimated." I'll proof read more closely in the future. However, I still stand by the remainder of my statement. You may believe that I am without knowledge. That is your right. Only time will tell.
"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.” Sun Tzu

BlueSky1976

Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:58 am

As much as I hate Leahy, I have to admit he's got a point. An order is not firm until the contract is signed.
Proudly avoiding 737 MAX since 18.11.2020.

A330Jamaica

Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:54 am

I have posted over and over again. Before you all get heated about which company is going to kill which company with new aircraft, watch the oil supply situation carefully. It is appearing that the world is bouncing around near the peak production limits. If that is the case, commercial aviation of the scale that we know is history. http://www.peakoil.com

AvObserver

Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:06 am

Leahy is a true salesman but goes a bit too far in terms that a lot of his venom will come back to haunt him if proved wrong; not everyone will conveniently forget the schtick. Such statements then become a credibility issue that will haunt future such statements, like the "boy who cried wolf". Although Boeing execs have also been guilty in the past, Leahy is now playing faster and looser than he ever has and if I were Forgeard, I'd have him temper his comments a tad to help avoid a need to back-pedal later on. He should at least partly try to substantiate comments like "none of our customers are interested in 7E7" or all of his A332 cost/benefit superiority. True, sales guys often don't bother to back up their claims with facts but in such a high-stakes industry, you look a lot better if you come armed with hard numbers. He doesn't bother, just firing off a non-ending tirade of rhetoric and apparently figuring if he throws out enough comments, folks will be to worn out to cross examine all of them. His take on the composite question is pure heresay since he can't accurately know the level of Boeing expertise in that area. On the eve of Farnbourough, his nonsense was to be expected but he's now raised to such a incredible level that any wayward claim that fails to pan out will be remembered, as well as the notion that future such claims must be taken with at least a grain of salt. If I were Noel, I might add just a pinch of Vallium to his morning coffee, tea or whatever. John Leahy needs to mellow out just a bit.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos