Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

F9Fan
Topic Author

Random Observations On "Airline!"

Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:10 pm

Some observations on tonight's Airline episodes.

No drunks tonight, but lots of kids. The first kid that arrived at MDW is going to get his head knocked off one of these days, shortly after his father does for raising such a spoiled brat. The LAX crew did a good job with the scared kid booking the mom and kid on a flight to LAS and then the kid to MDW. I feel sorry for everyone on that PVD-BWI flight who had to deal with those two kids. I feel even sorrier for their parents since they have to put up with them. Does PVD have a play area where they can let the kids run off some energy and tire them out for their flight? I also envy those kids who got the BWI-BHM flight. They should be thankful WN had a few extra seats. However, if I was booked on that flight, I would've seen if I could have caught a later flight. Thrifty got a lot of product placement tonight. I wonder how much they paid for that? Did you see the commercial with the guy strumming on his guitar on the night flight? Did that happen to anyone here? If so, what did you do? I would have made sure he never bugged anyone with that guitar again.

F9Fan

NIKV69

RE: Random Observations On "Airline!"

Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:21 pm

I watched 5 mins of tonight's episode and I have to say it was the worst one yet. This show is sinking fast. They have nothing more to show us.
I am the Googlizer!!!

7574EVER

Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:33 pm

Worst one? I'd have to disagree and say tonights episodes were two of the better ones in a long while. It certainly was refreshing to see some change. I've grown all too weary of the constant drunk shits trying to get on the plane.
Right rudder....Right rudder...Come on, more right rudder....Right rudder......Aw forget it, I quit!!

UAXDXer

Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:41 pm

I agree with NIKV69, its the same thing every week. However, I would like to see more of the actual airlines operation like in flight, dispatch, and reservations.
It takes a bug to hit a windsheild but it takes guts to stick

wjcandee

Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:21 pm

Airline certainly shows the difference between Southwest's "sorry you missed your connection now stand in line" attitude with the quality service provided by Delta during challenging periods. On DL, if there's a misconnect, I arrive at the hub, scan my boarding pass at the nearest kiosk in the concourse, and it spits out a new confirmed seat on another flight. How easy is that? Amazing, actually. Meanwhile, Southwest just shruggs its shoulders and says "Oh, well". Same thing if they overbook. No putting you on another carrier, just "Too bad you're gonna miss your cruise." I find myself screaming at the television, trying to inform the MDW passengers: "GO OVER TO ATA YOU IDIOTS! GET ON A SUBWAY AND GO OUT TO OHARE!" Jeeez, if they're going to lose $4000 on a cruise, then it's worth trying to go to another carrier. But they just stand there and argue. Sigh.

Certainly, I now realize that I will never schedule anything on Southwest where I might have to connect. Misconnect on Southwest and you are apparently doomed to standby *on every segment* downstream. What a truly-crappy experience it dishes out to most people, and totally unforgiving and unhelpful when it screws up. Most people probably don't realize that those low fares don't come with the services that most people expect when an airline screws up. (Overbooking by 100!!! and not doing anything to fix it?)

All the best,

Bill

Jetblue15

Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:50 pm

Once again, no mention of ramp. This is why I don't watch Airline. My opinion of course.
racecar spelled backwards spells racecar

upsmd11

Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:16 pm

There has been at least 1 episode of "Airline" where the ramp crew was looked at. There is a very difficult gate to maneuver the 737 into at LAX and the ramp guy who has to push it back has quite a job. This was the main focus of one of the episodes last year.

John

wjcandee

Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:34 pm

Ditto about the ramp. They should show more, but that one episode where the guy was taught how to back the plane, how seriously he took the job and how concerned he was, and how perfect the disposition was of his supervisor/trainer, really made me have a lot of respect for the guys on the Southwest ramp. (Regardless of how I feel about how they treat their pax.)

ua777222

Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:45 pm

I think you have to relate to it to really like it. I was watching it and at the same time was told of the many stories my mom had of me and my twin bro.

-Me and my brother would always drop our pants if we had to go to the bathroom be it 10ft away or a good parkinglot away. We were at the gate waiting for a passenger (my grandmother) and my mom kept getting looks from people and she didn't know why and turns around and we are both pantless running around the gate area.

-While on our take-off roll my brother found it to be a great idea to get out of his seat and run up and down the aisle.

-SFO-HNL. "There were about 6 empty seats on the flight that day and by the time we reached our gate in HNL those 6 seats were all around us. Passengers got up and moved, some even upgraded to Business" (Or so I hear).

Not to mention that my older sister was with us too. So as my mom said "well your father and I could both barely keep a hold of your sister who just wanted to either sleep, brest feed, or eat but when it came to you two we just gave up and hoped they didn't kick us off"

UA777222
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos