snn2003
Topic Author

STL& BOS

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:40 am

Hey everyone,
Have any of you seen all of TWA's old gates in STL lately? I was wondering what it looked like or who was in them now? I saw terminal C in BOS recently. It was sad not to see TWA's colours. Even so long after their demise I still miss them. Any info would be wonderful. Thanks
On behalf of your entire Boston based crew, thanks for flying with us today.

TWFirst

RE: STL& BOS

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:45 am

TWA's old gates all have AA signage now... Terminals B & C are all AA. Terminal D is empty, except for Frontier, I believe.. the airport it trying to fill those gates. The Admiral's Club still has the same Ambassadors Club glass doors, but they pasted the Admirals logo over the etched Ambassadors Club logo... I believe the glass wall with the etched modern TW globe is still in the club as well.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

LambertMan

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:49 am

TWfirst did a pretty good job of summing it up, although a few small changes have been made since AA tookover. They replaced the puke-ish looking carpet in C with a refreshing blue, and they are putting 2 new restaurants and a Brooks Brothers in concourse C. Concourse D remains pretty empty, although I'd assume that NW or a new entrant will assume those gates at some point in time.

snn2003
Topic Author

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:49 am

Thats so sad. I should fly down to look myself sometime... Think i could fins some left over TWA stuff there? Ambassador mags and stuff?
On behalf of your entire Boston based crew, thanks for flying with us today.

TWFirst

Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:50 am

>>Thats so sad. I should fly down to look myself sometime... Think i could fins some left over TWA stuff there? Ambassador mags and stuff? <<

No way.

HOWEVER, speaking as a collector of TW memoribilia, you can find just about anything on e-Bay.
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

stlgph

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:16 am

Even with what services American Airlines does have now, Concourse C is pretty much a ghost town. It is sad compared to the memories of many years ago when it was constantly abuzz with people all the way up and down the corridor, even if it could have used a good make over. Concourse D is a vast wasteland. I'm suprised an airline or two hasn't gone over to the first couple of gates of Concourse D from A, such as a Northwest focus operation, or what have you. But they are probably waiting for the drab carpeting to be replaced.

Instead of doing those reality make over shows with the housewives, they should try one with a few airports we could all mention. ;p

Another thing I definitely miss about the good days of TWA or the hub here was the parallel stair-stacking of approach and landing lights you'd see coming in towards the runway during bank times.

if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Timaay419

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:45 am

I think we should let JetBlue know about our Concourse D...

moman

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:51 am

Yeah if you want any TWA merchandise, get on Ebay. I bought a new AA-TWA hat (The one they gave to employees when the merger was annouced) the other day. It will be my constant reminder of wasted opportunities.

Don't go to STL. It's a very depressing site, although as LambertMan said, the blue carpet makes C look a whole lot nicer. Now if they would ever put some name brand restaurants in with some decent service.....on the other hand, go and keep the passenger counts up to help increase service.

Moman
AA Platinum Member - American Airlines Forever

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos