Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mirrodie
Topic Author

Flying On Christmas Day

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:41 am

Have any of you ever flown on a major holiday like Christmas day, Easter Day or the first day of Hanukkah?

If yes, I'd like to know what it was like. Business as usual?

Just curious.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

iowaman

RE: Flying On Christmas Day

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:46 am

I have flown on Christmas Eve, it's pretty much the same although more crowded usually with travelers and usually slightly higher security.

Sabena332

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:49 am

In 1998 on a Christmas Day I flew with my parents from DUS to COS via FRA and ORD to our ski holidays. It was strange, there was "chaos" on every airport I passed through, I had never imagine before that so many people would fly on a 25th of December.

My girlfriend and I flew on New Years Day of 2003 from EWR to LHR, the flight was so packed that we got an upgrade into Business Class (we flew non-rev).

These are my only experience regarding flying on holidays.

Patrick

[Edited 2004-10-26 01:51:12]
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Checo77

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:50 am

I have flown Czech Airlines once the 31st of December back to PRG from MAD. The cabin crew was happy and they gave us (including economy class) a glass of champaing to celebrate the New Years. Otherwise, pretty much the same.
Regards,
Adam Bechny
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

aa777jr

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:54 am

flew last christmas day to AKL from LAX. spent New years in NZ.

AA777jr
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

mirrodie
Topic Author

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:58 am

See??? I never thought that so many people would fly on those days, so much so that they're be chaos. Just seems so weird. I am flying on the 24th but I just cant imagine a shitload of people WANTING to fly on a holiday.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

aa777jr

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:04 am

We were at LAX 4 hrs prior to our flight. My dad is very anal about being prompt. I think we checked in at QF about 2 hours before we departed.

AA777jr
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

AEROFAN

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:08 am

I non revved JFKBGI last Christmas day on AA. 757 was used. Flight was relatively empty. The jet blue departure area was packed. (we passed JB terminal on the way to AA)
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison~

NWAFA

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:10 am

I can tell you 1st hand that the 24th is always PACKED, PACKED and more packed! Christmas day usually loads are "heavy" but not toally packed out.
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

roseflyer

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:14 am

I have found that it is very nice to travel on Christmas, New Years and other holidays because it is extrememly easy to get upgraded. I flew LAX-AKL on Christmas 2003 in First Class, and it was empty with only 4 passengers. I then returned on NZ on New Years Eve and got to experience two New Years, and was in an empty first class cabin. I flying again this year SEA-CUN. First class is usually empty with all of the vacation travellers. It is still crowded though, and usually you have more inexperienced workers on your flights, younger flight attendants and customer service agents. However overall it is a good experience.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

flyboy7974

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:18 am

last year i traveled from prescott to lax on christmas day. the night before, the hp express flight arrived in prc, but then cxld to kingman due to weather, so, on christmas morning, we had to go to kingman, and then to phoenix, but ops forgot to check to see if kingman was open for fuel, and they werent, so we had to fly back to prescott to get fuel to go onto phoenix. airlines operate morning flights as normal, and then operate a very reduced schedule usually on christmas night since most pax are already at their destination. loads on all my flights were high

leviticus

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:25 am

I flew two legs last year on christmas eve, ARN-CPH on SK A321 and CPH-VIE on SK B736. There was nothing special except for the aiports, they were completely deserted except for VIE - but also there, it was a lot less people then usual ! (In difference from two days earlier the 22nd of December, I went to ARN and the whole terminal was so packed with people there was no way to move, people had to queue outisde the building !) Both flight also had extremely low loads, maybe around 20-30% of full capacity, and the crews seemed tired and extra rude.

FLAIRPORT

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:36 am

Hanakuah has no effect on air travel  Sad

Anyway...I love to pick people up at the airport on Thanksgiving. Most people don't think of traveling then, although lately, they have found it cheaper, so more people are choosing it. I think the same applies to most holidays now.

What I really want to do is try to fly Thanksgiving night (gotta help those crews repo the aircraft)...its probably a very sad sight being on a plane with a poor crew missing dinner to move a plane down so that it can make that 6am jammed packed Friday flight. (Bet the airlines aren't complaining, though!) Anyone ever been on a Thanksgiving NIGHT flight?

Also, I want to try a Christmas eve and New Years redeye...it seems like it would just be a lot of fun.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

Eric777

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:44 am

In 1996, I flew on Dec 24 from BDL-SJU-STT. BDL was packed beyond belief as was SJU. I returned from STT on Dec 31, 1996 on an AA Eagle flight that left about 5 or 6 pm to SJU and connected from there to JFK. STT at that time of the day was dead as a doornail. No concession stands were open. SJU was busy. I left there about 9 pm and arrived in JFK at about 1230 am. Pretty busy there as well.

Eric

GARUDAROD

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:49 am

Actually, Flying on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years as a Non-rev
can have great perks. Flights not so full and as stated possible upgrades.
One of the saddest things I saw was flying LAX/JFK one Christmas Day
and the flight attendant was obviously a new hire as she was young and
she looked so sad being away from her family.
Flew back from Cabo to LAX one New Years day hung over to the max.
Good thing the flight was so empty, didnt have to worry about
inconveniencing anyone.
Has anyone ever flown over a holiday? ie left LAX on Christmas Eve
or New Years Eve and arrived in Australia or New Zealand on the 26th
or Jan 2nd.
Cargo doesn't whine, moan, or complain

avt007

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:53 am

At Canadian Regional I worked 5 Christmases in a row. Passengers were easily outnumbered by staff, even by flight crew! The loads were so poor I suggested they go for good PR by saying they would shutdown on Christmas for the sake of the staff. Needless to say that didn`t happen, but hardly a soul flew in BC on the big day.

hawaiian717

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:27 am

I flew HNL-SFO on ATA this year on July 4th. The 757-300 was less than half full.

Most people don't want to travel on the day of a big holiday itself, but because of this the flights don't fill up as quickly, meaning they're less expensive, and for the last minute planner, might be the only option.

David / MRY

FLAIRPORT

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:49 am

Has anyone ever flown over a holiday? ie left LAX on Christmas Eve
or New Years Eve and arrived in Australia or New Zealand on the 26th
or Jan 2nd.

Quite accidently, actually...and of all routes, a domestic US route...not even a transcon!

Back in the good ole' days of DL, when they hade their DFW hub...1994-95 this was...I flew SFO-DFW-FLL...both flights were full. We got into DFW on time and boarded our plane to FLL...we waited and waited and I saw no crew (I was about 6 or 7 then, so I was looking!) I noticed this and even told my parents. We found out that the crew was stuck in ATL. Our flight, origionally scheduled to ARRIVE before midnight TOOK off close to midnight (eastern time)... we traveled through the New Year and they even offered free champagine to the adults as we recieved the news from the crew of the New Year... ("Ladies and Gentlemen, Happy New Year!") We got in at around 1am. (We still manaed to beat flight 1490 from MIA...also a Delta flight...like I said, this was in the good ole days of DL!)

Most people don't want to travel on the day of a big holiday itself, but because of this the flights don't fill up as quickly, meaning they're less expensive, and for the last minute planner, might be the only option.
If they are less expensive, wouldn't MORE people fly then? I know it is cheaper to fly Thanksgiving rather than the Wednesday before; and people appear to be catching on...(Also, I know that it is cheaper to fly Thanksgiving night, but thats understandable)

[Edited 2004-10-26 03:57:41]
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

flyboy36y

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:04 am

I flew on Yom Kippur this year ahd New Years Eve in 2003

sw733

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:06 pm

Yeah back in 1999/2000 I flew ORD - ATL - RSW on Christmas Day 1999 and RSW - ATL - ORD on New Years Day 2000. Y2K didn't scare me!  Wink/being sarcastic. It seemed pretty much just another day at the airport...although I am sure the employees would disagree!  Laugh out loud

trickijedi

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:10 pm

I flew on New Year's Day last year on SQ from MNL to SIN and it was business as usual as if it were a normal day. The only difference I noticed was a slightly decorated airplane interior.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

geoffm

Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:59 pm

One thing I'd warn about flying to or from the UK on Christmas Day is most public transport is completely shut down. Trains especially. Taxis will charge through the nose for the privilege of your service.

Geoff M.

richardw

Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:29 pm

Correct Geoffm, it can be difficult, but I worked that one out a while back and it is cheaper than taking a taxi.

I flew LHR-LAX-SAN on Christmas Day on AA, it was busy and the cabin crew were very jolly, great flights, and the sun in Southern California was very welcoming.

It is generally cheaper to fly on Christmas Day, but is also cheaper late on Christmas Eve if flying east, because with the time changes you will not arrive until late on Christmas day, or if going LON-SYD you will not arrive until the 26th in the early morning.

nwa man

Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:38 pm

Flying on the actual holiday itself is great... airports are dead, upgrades are plentiful, and traffic is reduced. It's wonderful and highly recommended (I've flown on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas, New Year's (especially dead) and the Fourth of July).

Sure, there's the chance that your plane will have a mechanical issue or that weather will shut down your airport of choice. But such possibilities are remote, and the benefits to traveling on holidays far outweigh the negatives, at least IMO.

Regards,

N-Dub
Create your own luck.

Carpethead

Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:47 pm

I had the fortune of having two Christmases.
This happens when flying from Japan to US.
I did it twice, in 1997 and 2000 both on UA 744s.
In 2000, the pilot of UA said to enroute ATC that he had two Christmases too.

ZKSUJ

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:44 pm

Any pilots or cabin crew flew on those days (while working)? Hw did it feel. I remember I had to work on Xmas day, interesting experience

portcolumbus

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:14 pm

I flew CMH-ORD-MKE-ORD-CMH for Christmas Day 2002. $94 roundtrip INCLUDING tax on UA.

Loads were actually pretty decent considering.

Delta777Jet

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:41 pm

Hi there,
in 1995 I flew with TWA from FRA - (762)- JFK - (L10) - STL - (M80) - RNO
on Chistmas Day ! The plane was nice decorated and the crew was very very nice and tried to bring us Chistmas very close even we were inflight! Especially on the FRA - JFK run we all got Champange (even I was 18 by then!). The JFK-STL turn was very empty but still very nice with extra X.Mas Candy (!). Then the STL-RNO run was very crowed but the crew was very nice and TWA days!

Which other airline besides of easyJet is not flying on Christmas day???

I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

richardw

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:50 pm

Many BA short haul flights from LGW are not operated on Christmas day

levent

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:23 pm

Air Nostrum in Spain operates a limited number of flights on Christmas day, New Year´s day and some other holidays throughout the year. They do give those flights a special touch, with champagne, candy and chocolate and special headrests saying "Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo" (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"). Load factors on those days are quite low.

ly7e7

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:26 pm

I flew on 2000 Xmas eve . TLV-FRA with LY. FRA looked deserted in comparison to normal days.
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

LordHowe

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:35 pm

On Boxing Day AY HEL-LHR and SQ LHR-SIN ten years ago. Actually pretty much the same as normally. Finnair had nothing extra - Singapore Ailrines had decorated the cabin with some Xmas decorations. IFE had some problem with languages, so I remember having to watch Forest Gump in French.

This year I'll be with my family on Christmas Eve (December 24th) on SQ from SIN to MEL.

One special memory from a special day on our flight back to SIN from Australia ten years ago. It was my 40th birthday and soon after reaching the cruising altitude en route MEL-SIN, the in flight service director came to me with two FAs and put a birthday cake on my table. They also served champagne to all my friends and family around me (we were 11 persons altogether). And there was a birthday card with captains signature. "unfortunately we cannot have the candles" they said. What a day to remember! They had me smiling althrough the flight.

Best regards,
LordHowe
Lord Howe Island - The Last Paradise

JGPH1A

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:43 pm

I flown a few times on Christmas Eve, usually in a tearing hurry to get home for Christmas (it's nice to arrive on Christmas Eve, makes it more special I think)

24-Dec-86 CG702 Safair L100 ZS-JIW FAOA FARU FAMP FAWK

This was coming home from Namibia during national service - I was supposed to fly on a Safair military charter to Waterkloof (near Pretoria), only I missed it owing to being hungover from the party the night before, so they put me on the 'civvy' charter going to Johannesburg (these flights were supposedly secret, Safair wasn't supposed to be flying military personal on behalf of the SAAF otherwise they'd be subject to UN embargos, but 99% of their flights up to Namibia were carrying troops - but they went between air bases so nobody in theory knew. The flight I got on was the 'civvy' charter carrying military family members and civilians back to the RSA, so it was going to Joburg, where Safair had their base. In order to get on the flight I was not allowed to be in uniform, so I had to wear the only civvy clothes I had, which were t-shirt and shorts (Hercules are not pressurised and the cabin hold heating is a bit iffy, so it was FFFFFFFreezing !) - it went Ondangwa - Rundu - Mpacha - Jan Smuts - RU and MP being air bases in the Caprivi Strip - it took 6 hours ! But I was glad to get home !

31-Dec-92 SA303 SAA A320-200 ZS-SHD JNB CPT
31-Dec-92 SA614 SAA B737-200 ZS-SIF CPT DUR
31-Dec-92 SA520 SAA A300-SA)">B4 ZS-SDF DUR JNB

That was a domestic ID00 that I had to use up for that year, so me and a mate went flying for the day - it was good fun.

01-Jan-94 OS532 Austrian A310-300 OE-LAC JNB NBO VIE
02-Jan-94 OS489 Austrian MD-81 OE-LDS VIE LHR

That was going home to the UK after Chrismas in SA

01-Jan-95 KL594 KLM B747-400 PH-BFL JNB AMS

Same the following year, but to AMS

24-Dec-96 QF63 Qantas B747-400 VH-OJP SYD MEL JNB

This was a LOOONG flight back to SA on Christmas Eve - it was a new flight for QF, and the MEL-JNB leg was 11 or 12 hours, with only 1 meal service - they hadn't really planned it that well - the meal SYD-MEL was a very small breakfast indeed, and the it was a daylight flight all the way, so everyone was STARVING before we finally got our meal 2 hours before landing in JNB. Mothers with kids were demanding food for their fainting children - it was bad !

31-Dec-96 QF64 Qantas B747-400 VH-OJM JNB SYD

This was going home to SYD from that trip - we passed New Year halfway across the Southern Ocean, in the same time zone as Islamabad ! It was a great flight, QF gave us champagne.

24-Dec-02 BA343 British Airways B737-400 G-DOCS NCE LHR

Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

lapper

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:29 pm

How about flying the AC46 SYD-HNL on 25 December? The flight leaves at 0755 and arrives in at 2050 on 24 Dec, everyone gets to wake up on Christmas morning twice in the same year!!!

TexaSkies

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:24 am

I have flown on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving and found both to have relatively light loads. Now, it has been several yrs since these holiday flights, but light loads none the less.
Thanks

CO737800

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:49 am

I flew christmas day last year on CO from YVR-MTY and it was just like everyother day.

WorldAV8R

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:51 am

Business as usual! Always!

My family took many trips on holidays, as these were the only days many carriers honored awards miles (most had blackout dates for the week surrounding christmas day.) I have flown to Hawaii, Europe and Mexico on Christmas Day, for example. Get up early, having a quick family breakfast and on the plane. 'Typical' Christmas was celebrated the evening prior.
Next Trip: STL-ORD-LHR-ATH-JMK

AlitaliaMD11

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:54 am

Hey

We have a full house here for christmas. My Aunt is flying from JFK-MAD on CO on the 24th of December, and then family friends are flying in on a later IB flight. So I will find out how there experenice was that gets them here I think at 7:25 the 25th morning.

My sisters are flying in on the 19th of December.
No Vueling No Party

groobster

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:56 am

I flew with BA from MAN-LHR and then LHR-HKG on Christmas Eve/Day 2002.

My Australia Discovery fair was about £300 cheaper flying on 24th Dec as opposed to going out on the 23rd.

The 744 to Hong Kong was quite empty so got bumped up from Premium Economy to J Class.

Champagne was flowing and the staff were in an excellent mood wearing silly hats, antlers, snowmen etc etc.

Even T4 at Heathrow was quite quiet so that was nice!
Next flights: MAN-PHL-DTW, ORD-MAN

ba319-131

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:59 am

Flew LAX-SFO-LHR a few years back on a UA 742.

The LAX-SFO 737 was pretty empty,thought the 742 to LHR was full,not a single empty seat,lot's of crying children. One of my worst flights ever!
111 732 733 734 735 736 73G 738 739,7M8 BBJ 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 764 772 77L 773 77W L15 D10 D30 D40 AB3 AB6 312 313 318 319 320 20N 321 21N 332 333 342 343 345 346 359 351 388 CS1 CS3 I86 154 SSJ CRJ CR7 CR9 CRK 145 170 175 220

boeingpride800

Working On Christmas

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:59 am

My supervisor has told me to be ready to work on Christmas Eve and Day.  Sad

FLY2LIM

Re: Flying On Christmas Day

Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:11 am

A few years back, while my wife and I were living in LIM, we celebrated Christmas with my family (around 8 p.m.), went to the airport, caught a LIM-DFW that departed at 2 a.m. We arrived at SJC around 11 and had plenty of time to exchange gifts and make it to Christmas dinner with her family.
Flights were relatively empty. Now, this was Christmas DAY, not Christmas EVE. I think there would be quite a difference.
FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

ATLhomeCMH

Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:40 am

I've always found the Thanksgiving season to be MUCH worse than Christmas or New Years...especially flying out of ATL...and obviously b/c its the peak travel time of the year.

Back in the 1990's, most of the Thanksgivings that I flew were on Kiwi Airways ATL-MDW, or DL ATL-MKE, and I just remember them being some of the most frustrating flights I've ever been on.

Back in 1998 I flew DL ATL-MKE on an MD88 early on Christmas morning...I think the flight left Hartsfield at like 7 or 7:30am. Load on the plane was maybe 75%, if that. I remember the airport being fairly dead and overall traffic being light (for Hartsfield's standards).

This year, I'll be flying FL CAK-ATL on the Wednesday before Thanksgivng...luckily, I'll be landing in ATL around noon, well ahead of ATL's notorious evening-before-Thanksgiving mob.

Best of luck to all those traveling through ATL during that time.  Smile
"The most terrifying words in the Engligh language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

bongo

Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:53 am

This Dec. 25th I will fly MDE-MIA  Big grin Can't wait!
MDE: First airport in the Americas visited by the A380!

VgnAtl747

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:49 am

It is much busier... I was going to NR to London, but every flight I checked was full already, so I don't think I'll try that... I'll get to CVG from my local airport and not be able to get from there to London... haha.

If you buy your ticket far in advance you'd be fine, but I wouldn't try to NR on a major holiday, or buy a last minute ticket.
Work Hard. Fly Right. Continental Airlines

bwaflyer

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:53 am

Last Christmas, I worked as crew on a British Army charter flying troops from Paderborn to Basrah (Iraq). We positioned out on a BA flight to Larnaca on the 23rd, and stayed overnight in Limassol. Another crew ferried one of our 73Gs from Gatwick to Paderborn, filled up with soldiers, and then operated to RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus, where we picked the aircraft up, and hopped over to Iraq, passing over Baghdad at 41,000 feet. As we descended all the navigation lights, cabin lights etc got switched off, and we zoomed into Basrah. A couple of hours on the ground chatting to the RAF ground staff (who were most taken with a couple of our more leggy hosties!) and then empty back to Cyprus on Christmas morning, picked up the other crew, who then got us back into Gatwick in time to open my pressies. Just after that, insurance sky rocketed, and the RAF stopped using civilian aircraft to fly into Iraq. Bugger - they were the easiest flights to do. Normally a couple of nights in a 5 star hotel in Cyprus, two 2 hour sectors with the best behaved passengers you'll ever meet, what more could a senior stew want, all on full duty pay. Money for old rope!!

erikwilliam

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:56 am

I have a interesting one: I flew from GRU to SYD via EZE with a stop on AKL.

The thing is, when I left home it was Dec.24th and when I got to SYD was Dec.26th, so I never actually had the day 25th of Dec. of 2001, ehehe
That´s all because of the International Day Line, when we crossed, it was alredy the 26th.
Jokes apart, the flight was packed full and the QF f/a´s were very prestative and helpfull, they gave all the passengers litle chocolate pine-trees and wished MErry X-mas to all, and that was it. I bet that the folks in First Class got a present from Santa  Big thumbs up.
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

FLY2LIM

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:10 am

Erikwilliam:
Very interesting. It is also possible to have two Christmas eves. You could celebrate in SYD, AKL, Tokyo, or anywhere, board a flight in the middle of the night of the 24th, fly east towards the Americas, and arrive in the middle of the day to celebrate Christmas eve again.
I know that when I was in Osaka fifteen years ago, I left at 9 p.m. and arrived in HNL at 7 a.m. of the same day. It was weird.
FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

willbdsp

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:28 am

I have flown the day before Thanksgiving a few times...In 2001 I flew CDG-PHL-PIT all on US Airways. The ticketing lines at CDG were crazy because there were two US flights leaving pretty close to one another--mine to PHL and another to PIT.

Last year, I flew from HNL-LAX-ATL-PIT on NW and DL. ATL was crazy as usual. LAX was pretty busy too.

This year, I'm flying IND-PIT. Can't wait to see how busy IND gets.

The day before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year.

Okie

Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:46 am

The day before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year.

Leaping Anacondas, I have been trapped away from home the week before Thanksgiving 5-6 times. All I can say is that Wednesday before Thanksgiving is absolutlely positively Chaos.

I can not answer for Thankgiving or Christmas day but the only experience I have had flying on a holiday was Labor Day 2003.
IND-STL on an RJ 14-16 passengers
STL-OKC on an S80 25-30 passengers
Concourses at all three airports virtually empty.

Okie

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos