mirrodie
Topic Author

American Way Magazine

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:28 pm

I do not fly often enough.

But my wife just brought me the American Way magazine from a trip she took this month. In hte passenger info section, it no longer shows the aircraft fleet.

How long ago was that taken out? Why? Would it be replaced?
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

stlgph

RE: American Way Magazine

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:33 pm

I have the October edition with me right now and it is listed on page 96. the magazine for Continental Airlines however, does not. And speaking of which, the Continental magazine does not have a terminal map for Memphis, while the Northwest magazine does not have a terminal map for Cleveland. Just something I found peculiar.

if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

VSlover

Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:16 pm

i concur with STLGph, mine has it listed too. but when i was flying earlier it wasnt in there, so i split open the spine and someone had ripped it out really neatly.

same with the damn terminal maps!

jsnww81

Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:16 pm

American Way usually lists the aircraft fleet at the front of the passenger service section. It's followed by drink information, hub maps, and then really subpar destination maps. It'd be a convoluted mess, but I wish American would actually show the routes on their destination maps - or at least the international routes, as United does in Hemispheres.

Timaay419

Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:01 am

I think AA should just come out with an Interactive Route Map on aa.com. Its easy to use, just roll the mouse over the city, and you get all the nonstop cities served. Check some of them out...Southwest and America West have them i know for sure.

FlagshipAZ

Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:35 am

Is it possible to get a subscription to American Way? Or is the only way to see it, is to fly AA? Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

moman

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:29 am

Why would you want a subscription to that magazine? There is a good article every now and then and I enjoy the fleet and hub information, but the rest of it reminds me of a ritzy "Enquirer".

Moman
AA Platinum Member - American Airlines Forever

jsnww81

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:32 am

Couldn't have said it better myself Moman. Aside from Jim Shahin's column and the "Celebrated Weekend" feature (which has gotten pretty bad in the last year - Queen Latifah's Newark?) there's not much of interest in American Way besides a whole lot of ads for expensive Miami condos, Brazilian steakhouses and Karass negotiating seminars. The new editorial staff has been tinkering with the layout for months, so every successive issue looks different.

stlgph

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:33 am

"I think AA should just come out with an Interactive Route Map on aa.com."

Agreed. It could be easily done to any website. Just have an intern do it for one of their projects. Why not? Cheap labor, great for the website, great on -their- resume, and it is information already available to the general public, so no breach of any confidentiality there.

if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

qqflyboy

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:31 am

Subscriptions are available, but you can also check it out online at http://www.americanwaymag.com.

Did you all know that AA Publishing also produces Southwest's Spirit magazine? I found that interesting.

[Edited 2004-10-28 22:35:02]
The views expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect my employer’s views.

FLY2LIM

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:14 pm

I don't mean to belittle, insult, or offend anyone. However, as a loyal AA customer, I have read that customer on soooooo many legs and I find it interesting enough to pick up for about ten minutes and then put it right back. I would not subscribe to it.
As someone said, if I ever need info on Miami condos, Brazilian steakhouses, Karras seminars, placing my logo on merchandise, or articles on Gloria Estefan's Miami, that's my mag. Otherwise, it's not really that exciting.
FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos