IslipWN
Topic Author

RE: Good Bye American Eagle At ISP

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:25 am

Anyone know/know how I can get a job at ISP??

Joe Smile/happy/getting dizzy

NIKV69

Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:48 am

It is not so easy, I don't know if WN is hiring there. I would go there and speak to someone. Good Luck!
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

spyglass

Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:42 pm

And goodbye AE at FSD too....DL Connection started back Oct 1 to CVG and looks like AA decided to pull back there and a few other stations. Probably a good move, as they have (wisely) dropped all future options on Barbiejets, and to follow the "turnaround plan", it required concentrating growth at fewer points with more frequency. You can bet UA Express will boost the fares to ORD a little, now that they have the route to themselves.

The bright note in all this, nationwide, was an interview in Forbes, or maybe Business Week, a few months ago....the discussion was on the future of domestic air travel. One of the commentators was the airline analyst for either Sherson-Lehman or Goldman-Sachs and he opined that within a very few years, the western desert would be full of the little RJ's, as few customers like them, they are notoriously unreliable (of late, the Canadairs have gotten a little better and Embraers are getting a little worse), and last, the Embraers have constant weight restrictions, meaning they can't carry their design load. Bad combination.

Would sure like to see WN into FSD, but don't think it could quite generate enough boardings....
I remember when......a plane trip was a big deal.

IslipWN
Topic Author

Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:59 pm

I really wish that ISP would have more carriers!!!!! It annoys me so much because there are so many people here on long island. I know there is JFK and LAG, but it is a hassle for us who live out east.

Joe

cancidas

Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:29 pm

AA 777, why didn't you post the other pic?

Big grin Big grin
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

JBLUA320

Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:58 pm

I maintain you wont see B6 in ISP until the EMBs come on line and they are well developed in some other areas, as well as "connecting the dots". That said, when/if B6 enters ISP, I believe itll be an EMB market.

I'd say in mid-2006 it might be viable for jetBlue to enter Islip. Until then, Id be VERY surprised-- its shooting themself in the foot on their "gentlemans agreement" wiht SWA to keep competition down... there are plenty of other markets they can tap- SWA isnt really taking advantage of anybody at Islip, and as always, offer reasonable fares.

JBLUA320

NIKV69

Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:19 pm

Matt, good to see you here! What other pic?

As for a gentleman's agreement, B6 wants to be #1 and they are going to be soon. I don't think they care less about WN and know they have a better product for the same fare.

IslipWN
Topic Author

Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:03 am

Its not like WN serves every destination that B6 serves. Especially from ISP. WN only serves 8 destinations. I highly doubt there would be much competition at ISP.

NIKV69

Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:35 am

I think B6 would win the ISP-LAS route hands down, which would be a good route for them.

IslipWN
Topic Author

Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:07 am

I don't know about that Nicholas... I think WN would win with cheaper fares.

Joe

Tbird

Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:20 am

"I think B6 would win the ISP-LAS route hands down, which would be a good route for them."

ISP-LAS for B6 would be a disaster, there's not much O&D traffic on WN's ISP-LAS run, but it is packed with passengers connecting to other Western destinations mainly in California. B6 connects to Long Beach, big deal. You can fly Southwest with same plane service to LAX from ISP or connect in LAS. I still say AirTran makes a go at ISP with 3x daily service to ATL. They offer entirely different markets then Southwest and would be the perfect fit ISP needs.

NIKV69

Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:10 am

I don't know, for people flying to Vegas who don't want to make a stop I would pay the extra $30 bucks or so, and I hate Airbus equipment! B6 just has better service, hands down. Unless WN buys some 738s or 739s for that route, which will never happen.

IslipWN
Topic Author

Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:47 am

If AirTran came to ISP with service to ATL, than ASA would probably leave. Actually, I would rather see a larger carrier rather than a sub-division of a larger carier.

NIKV69

Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:17 pm

Very interesting, AirTran has come a long way since it's Valujet days. Who knows who will be at ISP in 2 years. I just hope they have cool liveries!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos