Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Luxair
Topic Author

EVA Air - Business Class - Any Experience?

Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:06 am

As the topic already says, would like to know more about EVA Air's Business Class regarding service, seats, meals and
IFE on their 744 on their route to/from Amsterdam-
Bangkok. Compared to KL or CX, are they competitif?
Every comments are welcom  Wink/being sarcastic

mikeymike

RE: EVA Air - Business Class - Any Experience?

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:43 am

I've flown EVA in Business Class between Seattle and Taipei.

In summary, while the seats were a little cramped, the F/A service was fantastic.

Seats: I can't remember exactly but the pitch was somewhere between 45 and 50". Fabric Seats with an in-arm video monitor and about 8 channels of content.

Food: The food was typical asian cuisines with several rice dishes. It was all tasteful.

F/A's: The F/A's catered to your every need and were thuroughly pleasent to speak too.

I flew this route a few years ago so unfortunately I do not have any more recent experience with them. Both times I flew, I was in the upperdeck of a 744 going and a 747-Combi coming back. I have also flown on a 767 in Business with EVA between TPE and Singapore.

GuyBetsy1

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:01 am

Avoid EVA's Super Business Class. Seat pitch is 40" !

However, they are relaunching Business Class as Evergreen Laurel Class found on their A330 aircrafts. So expect to see this become the norm eventually with flat beds.

terminalc

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:08 am

Fine airline but C class definitely lags behind most others. Service is quite attentive though perhaps a bit mechanical. Food & drink are fine. Their wine selection is usually a cut above average.

However, their seats & IFE are very dated. For me this makes them uncompetitive. The seats are comfortable but with only 44"~48" in pitch. The leg rest is basically useless to anyone my height (6').

The IFE was a leader when it was introduced. They typically have about 6 movies. You can find the current programming on their site. The screens are quite small.

If you are buying your own ticket I suggest buying Deluxe Class & pocketing the difference. Deluxe is one of the best bargains that I've experienced!

Btw, their new biz class that's introduced on their A330s is a completely different product. It'll be rolled out with their fleet replacement program.

Airbus Lover

Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:03 am

9A-CTK

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:01 pm

Flew them once. Must be one of the most cramped out the. Really old seats, making you feel like you're flying a European airline in the mid-1990s. Nothing close to CX or even KL.

It is also the weirdest setup: front half of the upper deck is First Class and the back half is business class.

Luxair
Topic Author

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:47 pm

A big thanks to all of you for your replies and thanks also to you, Airbus Lover, for the link with pictures  Big thumbs up

Flew several times KL in C on their 744 and MD11, service and seat pitch was excellent so this time I wanted to choose
another carrier (regarding the ticket price is almost the half price of KL) so I just wanted to know if the difference would be realy so big but my conclusion now is that I think it will be a huge difference but there is still the price and budget question for me!!! So I have still to decide!!!

alexchao

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:57 am

I flew TPE-LAX (BR/J) on 09/19/2004. Here's the trip report that I wrote:
https://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/50038/

The seat pitch ranges from 44"-47". Since you'll AMS-BKK is operated by the 747-400 Combi, you can expect pitch to be a sad 44".

I've never flow KL in J, and all my experiences in CX J are short-haul. I hope my trip report helps a little to describe what you can expect.

Luxair
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:48 pm

I finaly decided to fly China Airlines (CI) in Dynasty Class
well I just hope that the service will be ok, I've checked
their website and by looking at the pictures the seats are looking good in Dynasty so I hope that their service is also no too bad! But regarding the price their offer was the best for flying in business from Amsterdam to Bangkok. I paid
with taxes Euro 1225,-  Wow! What do you think about CI?

alexchao

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:03 am

Oh... Hopefully, you'll get the newer 744s on CI. AMS-BKK-TPE is usually served with the older 744s (B-18271/2/3/5) where the seat pitch is 38"-40" and there are 93 seats.

Their Business Class service is excellent though.

BlueDuck

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:08 am

I had flown their Upper Economy from HK- Taipei- San Fransisco in 2000.
I thought they were fantastic, so am just presuming their business class is better than that.

The service by the cabin crew is exceptional. thumbs up!

I'd rather fly second tier airlines where the service is oustanding, respectful and gracious ( Eva, Thai, Jet airways, Sri Lankan, Ethiopian...etc)
than fly fancy equiped airlines where you get old, sour, and disrespectful sevice like (British Airways, Qantas, Air France, United,)

northwest and alitalia must be my all time worst.

[Edited 2004-11-17 02:15:38]

ETStar

Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:02 am

BlueDuck, I take offence at you calling ET a second-tier airline, but then again, the fact that you would rather fly the airline and appreciate the excellent service they provide makes up for it  Smile

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos