ua777222
Topic Author

United Just Made A Major Mistake, Help Requested!

Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:35 pm

I am planning on traveling to Europe this upcoming summer and have already booked my rewards ticket. My girlfriend was also invited on the trip. Sense she is a first time flyer with United they did not have her information at hand and needed to start a new file for her. We booked the entirely same route as mine, got the same seats together, and got a reasonable price. They send me the confirmation and what do I see? They spelt her name wrong! Elyssa instead of Alyssa. Is Alyssa that hard to spell, even with me saying it over and over again???

The only issue is that this is an international flight and when Alyssa applys for a passport she will need her birthcertificate meaning that she will need to have her REAL name, Alyssa. Now when customs over in FRA see Elyssa on the ticket and Alyssa on the passport isn't she going to be S.O.L.??? This is the first major slip I have EVER seen UA do to anyone I know or to me personally. For those of you, many, who work with airlines, what can be done to fix this, and if it can't be fixed will she still be able to fly?

Thanks again for any help at all! I'm in a bit of a situation where I don't know what to do or say, I've talked to UA and they have nothing for me...

Take Care.

UA777222
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

The777Man

RE: United Just Made A Major Mistake, Help Requested!

Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:41 pm

Call United Airlines Mileage Plus Intl Award desk at 1 888 674 4680 and see what they can do. It depends on what carrier that she is booked on if UA can change the name. Ask to speak to a Service Director and call during daytime since UA may have to call the other carrier involved.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

ua777222
Topic Author

Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:43 pm

Thanks for the specific information. It's all UA flights (though all inter-Europe flights are on LH with UA flight numbers) so I would guess that it's up to them some how. Would it be possible to refund the ticket without a penalty and then just re-book it with the proper name?

Thanks again 777Man,

UA777222

The777Man

Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:52 pm

Probably is the answer to your second question. Call them tomorrow!

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

tzsfo

Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:04 pm

At all of the carriers I have worked for - if it is just a first name change it shouldn't be that big of a deal - do you have paper tickets or electronic?

Electronic should take no longer than five minutes on the phone - paper you might have to send them in to get re-issued.

But like I said - first name change - not that big of a deal.
It takes nerves of steel to stay neurotic. — Herb Kelleher

JGPH1A

Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:04 pm

Single letter name changes (especially to pax first name) are usually fine. Also, the Immigration people normally don't quibble a single letter difference in the first name on the ticket - many tickets just have pax initials on them anyway - it's no biggie.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

irishjohn

Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:16 pm

You have been given reasonable advice so far but I would insist on getting a correction!! It is almost certain that it will be a problem - especially where security checks are concerned! It may well be that you will encounter a problem at your home airport checkin - otherwise what would be the point of homeland security! The significant changes in US passport/security checking requirements have made European countries adopt a similar approach - as in what's good for them is good for us!! It is unfortunate but a reality none the less!

I am surprised that anyone, who travels frequently, would think otherwise! Anyway I'm sure it will all work out and happy flying!!

J

EnviroTO

RE: United Just Made A Major Mistake, Help Request

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:12 pm

Haha. Major Mistake or Major Slip is a bit of an overstatement. One keystroke wrong on a booking made over the phone isn't that big a deal. Call United and they will fix it in their system. Nice thing about e-tickets, less hassle making changes. Before you would have to take your paper tickets to the city office or the airport... what a hassle that was.

star_world

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:17 pm

I've had this on BA flights a few times where I made the booking over the phone - first name spelt slightly wrong. In each case they added a note to the PNR so that it was clear to the agent at checkin that they'd made the mistake. Never had any problems at security but presumably you could ask the checkin agent to print a copy of the PNR if there were any problems.

However it's worth pointing out that any time this has happened they said it was a huge problem on their system to change the name on the ticket even though it was an e-ticket. Apparently it's not just a matter of changing a letter in a field, they have to cancel the whole booking and re-make it. Hence their suggestion of just noting it in the PNR. Worked fine for me!

mark8762

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:25 pm

One letter is not an big issue. We get them all the time at our ticket counter.
Just make a note in the reservation and send them on their way. Only issue I can see is if the airline is using an automated passport reader. Ours would reject it since it is the first letter that is off, but again not a big issue, we just make the correction in the box that pops up and override the system.

skycruiser

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:35 pm

I've been travelling using employee pass tickets that have a letter missing from my first name and have my first and middle names attached together. Been this way for 10+ years, been through immigration countless times...never a problem.

daumueller

Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:44 pm

I just came back from Thailand with "wrong" tickets (my lastname was miss-spelled) - no problem at all. I've been told that as long as it's only 1-3 letters, no big deal.

cheers,

Ben

Bicoastal

Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:55 pm

Hmmm....a bit over dramatic in the topic, don't you think? Major? Really? Landing at the wrong airport is major. Losing your luggage, maybe. Not turning on Channel 9, absolutely. But a misspelling of the first letter of a first name?

[Edited 2004-11-17 12:58:25]
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

skycruiser

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:07 pm

Actually, come to think of it...I got through immigration, security and onto the plane with a name completely different from mine on my boarding pass (I checked the wrong name off when doing reservations). I didn't realize this till I looked at my stub for my seat number as I boarded the plane on the return trip home...haha

Jumpseat70

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:44 pm

First name misspelling is no big deal. Call United.They'll fix it. Happens all the time.
"Up, Up and away with TWA"

7LBAC111

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:53 pm

JGPH1A got it right. Most airlines accept that errors occur and thus allow 1 or 2 character corrections free of charge. They can change this in their system quite easily without the need of a reissue.

Alternatively they can enter an OSI or SSR remark in the system which will enable checkin staff to correct the name on your boarding card. Either way it's NOT a big deal. You will not be deported and you will not be refused entry on such a minor issue.

Some people on this thread are very illinformed I'm afraid.

Worry not.

7LBAC111
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

Skyguy

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:59 pm

I would still get it fixed, don't risk travelling with a wrong name on the ticket if you have time to change it. Reason is there are too many poorly educated clerks working in TSA/Immigration/Airlines jobs who will just implode when they see different names on the ticket and passport and are unable to call on logic to see through the issue. At worst, they will delay you and hassle you, this is especially so with TSA as you will automatically be deemed as "suspicious". In these paranoid days its better to play safe and avoid any reason whatsoever from drawing attention to yourself.
"Those who talk, do not know, and those who know, do not talk."

Falcon84

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:01 pm

I wouldn't call them getting one letter wrong a major mistake. And I can see that, even if you said it over and over again, if you didn't spell it, that they could get it how they did. Depending on how it sounds to the agent you booked with, "Alyssa" could very easily sound like "Elyssa".

Don't sweat it. It's not a major error, and isn't a big deal. Just call them and tell them, and they'll note it in the record for when you check in. Problem solved.
Work Right, Fly Hard

bobnwa

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:04 pm

UAL777222,

Did you pose this question to the forum without ever calling United to get this minor problem fixed?

irishjohn

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:09 pm

I guess I'm the 'very ill informed' on this thread!!! I guess I am also the only non airline industry reply to your query!!

Well I have been stopped, and more than once! In New York (JFK) about 14 days ago, Zurich 8 days ago and in Moscow (DME) twice in the last 5 days!! Yep I was a tad annoyed with the travel agent for getting the details wrong and I would like to think the problem has now been solved (I was also annoyed with myself for not checking anyway!!!). And the problem - my initials are J G and on each occasion I was issued tickets G J! And if you have to pass through machine read-able controls then it can be an issue!!

As I said in my original 'ill informed' message it's better to get the problem corrected before you go and as it was, or has been reported as, an airline mistake then it should be corrected - free of charge!

Best you decide what is the best option and go for it!!

J

vasilek

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:11 pm

UA777222: my first and last name are too long to fit on the airline ticket, so they always cut half of my first name. So far that has never been the problem.

Cessna172RG

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:14 pm

I had a similar problem with my wife.

Before we got married, we flew Northwest from Narita to Seattle with a stop in Honolulu. During customs, we realized that they spelled her name wrong on the ticket: Sakahoto instead of Sakamoto, as it should be, for her family name. Because of this spelling error due to the travel agent that I used for booking the flight, she was delayed in customs for over thirty minutes as they thoroughly searched her baggage, piece by piece.

I waited in the baggage claim in Honolulu for the longest time until she finally came out and met me. Fortunately our flight to the states was delayed by 8 hours due to some mechanical failure on the DC-10 flying MSP-HNL, so that made for some fun plane spotting.

Of course, don't let United fool you.

I have had lots of problems with UAL. My wife flew from Maui to Vancouver, a year or so ago with me, and we were flying Air Canada. The check in was operated by United, thanks to that thing called the Star Alliance (and thanks to that alliance, they operate the Air Canada check in at Seattle which causes me to fly on other airlines like Northwest to Tokyo, even though as much as I enjoy Air Canada). Anyways, because at the time she was on a student visa and had retained her I-94 entry card (as we drove to YVR for the departing flight a week and a half earlier instead of departing the states altogether) from departing Canada, when we checked in at the UAL counter in Maui for the AC flight, they took that card out, even though I explained what happened and that we were told to have her keep it in there for immigration purposes due to the way we were flying (SEA-YVR by car, YVR-HNL AC, HNL-OGG Aloha, OGG-YVR AC, YVR-SEA by car). Because of that, when we drove through the border in Blaine, we were detained and had to pay a fine and have my car searched and all kinds of crap thanks to them ripping out the entry card that she was told to keep in there.

I can name a lot more bad experiences...
Save the whales...for dinner!!!

alphascan

Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:03 pm

Ted is a major mistake. A typo isn't.
"To he who only has a hammer in his toolbelt, every problem looks like a nail."

hz747300

Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:25 pm

Ted is a major mistake. A typo isn't.

How is Ted doing? Sitting at PHX for two hours waiting for my AA flight, I saw three flights at the UA gates, all were Ted flights.

On topic, I have traveled on documents for Chris - when my passport name is Christopher. But I have not tried post Sept-11 to do it.
Keep on truckin'...

wdleiser

Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:44 pm

My mom's name is Jan, everyone spells it Jane. My last name is Leiser, its always spelled Lieser. It's pronounced Lizer like BudWeiser. Even worst some people pronounce it Lester, Leezer, Leester. It's actually quite humorous. And i did get a FF card that had my cousins name and i on it... Douglas Chris Leiser. I threw it away. O well. Just call up UAL and tell them they made a typo.

ua777222
Topic Author

Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:53 am

I was told that they would "note" it but that it could not be guarenteed and that to make sure the issue was fixed to go to the Airport with the credit card that was used and check with them.....

Thanks again.

UA777222

bobnwa

Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:18 am

UA777222,

Is your girlfriend 14 years old also. IF she is, she will need a notarized note saying it is OK to travel ourside the US.

ua777222
Topic Author

Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:40 am

She's 15 as well as myself and I do understand that part but if UA doesn't take the ticket due to her passport and if immigration doest take it we're all SOL

Thanks again.

UA777222

ual777contrail

Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:43 am

refer to reply 12, he took the words right out of my mouth.
Good one BOBNWA.

UAL 777 CONTRAIL

JC5280

Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:54 am

Cessna says....

have had lots of problems with UAL. My wife flew from Maui to Vancouver, a year or so ago with me, and we were flying Air Canada. The check in was operated by United, thanks to that thing called the Star Alliance (and thanks to that alliance, they operate the Air Canada check in at Seattle which causes me to fly on other airlines like Northwest to Tokyo, even though as much as I enjoy Air Canada). Anyways, because at the time she was on a student visa and had retained her I-94 entry card (as we drove to YVR for the departing flight a week and a half earlier instead of departing the states altogether) from departing Canada, when we checked in at the UAL counter in Maui for the AC flight, they took that card out, even though I explained what happened and that we were told to have her keep it in there for immigration purposes due to the way we were flying (SEA-YVR by car, YVR-HNL AC, HNL-OGG Aloha, OGG-YVR AC, YVR-SEA by car). Because of that, when we drove through the border in Blaine, we were detained and had to pay a fine and have my car searched and all kinds of crap thanks to them ripping out the entry card that she was told to keep in there.

I can name a lot more bad experiences...

I do not believe this one bit! Paying a fine for not having an I-94? Thats a load of crap! You just fill out another one and they can trace where the original one was used. You must have payed a fine for something else. If a fine was issued, it was not to you, it would be to the carrier. And you blame it on UA????

VSlover

Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:56 am

odd, i just had the same thing happen on AA. i am travelling AA JFK-ZRH soon, and for whatever reasons my name appeared a "J" instead of "Jason"

i called, but AA said they cant do anything (as it is international, and there was a paper ticket already issued) but add a comment in my reservation that my name is actually "Jason".

it is somewhat reassuring to read that this hopefully wont be a big deal? and request a copy of my pnr when i check in? AA alluded that it would only be a problem on my ZRH-LHR flight. gee, thanks!

JGPH1A

Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:58 am

Why would just having an initial on the booking/ticket/boarding pass be a problem ? NOBODY CARES ! Nobody even looks, most of the time.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

FogCreekCEO

Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:11 am

I wouldn't blame UAL777222 for overreacting here... there have been a lot of stories in the news in the last 3 years about how nitpicky the Homeland Security people have gotten... stories like not letting Senator Kennedy on a plane even when they knew perfectly well who he was.

And he did say he asked United to help him and they wouldn't.

richierich

Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:23 am

Again, this is not a major issue. I'm sure spelling mistakes in names happen all the time. I'd probably just have UA fix it before you go, not a big deal.

Case in point, you made an error yourself in your original post. Sense she is a first time flyer I believe the correct word is "Since".

See how easily it can happen?
None shall pass!!!!

jasepl

Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:37 am

Why would just having an initial on the booking/ticket/boarding pass be a problem ? NOBODY CARES ! Nobody even looks, most of the time.

Exactly! In fact, this is a patented scam in many parts of the world: If you've got 2 pax with the same last name and first initial, you've got a transferable ticket!

ElPelon

Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:47 am

UA777222 please be carefull with the topics that you use,, It is clear that this is not a "Major Mistake".. Don`t confuse the forum`s readers..
ElPelon

ua777222
Topic Author

Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:48 am

I don't care if I'm over reacting or if it's not THAT big of a deal. When you hack up $6,900 for a trip you would expect that United would know how to spell...... Her parents are leaving as well on a trip of their own and that leaves me with her, yes I will have legal stuff signed to say that we are in control of her but if they don't take it then she's #[email protected]#. I just expect that UA will fit it.

Thanks again.

UA777222

SATL382G

Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:57 am

Sounds like you need to address this with United rather than this forum.
If you've only talked to the clerk at the desk or at reservations you haven't tried hard enough.... Ask for a supervisor.. And calm down a little, her name isn't that hard to misspell...
"There’s nothing quite as exhilarating as being shot at and missed" --Winston Churchill

bayareapilot

Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:20 am

Similar thing happened to me recently. I booked an SQ award PEK-SIN roundtrip in C for my girlfriend using UA miles. UA got the first letter of her last name wrong even though I'm sure I spelled it for them.

Called UA and they said they would note the correct spelling in the PNR. I pressed to get the ticket reissued with the correct name but they said they couldn't do it since it was a paper ticket on SQ.

Took the ticket to the UA ticketing desk at SFO and they were somewhat more helpful. They said the only way they could fix it is to cancel the reservation and rebook it. The problem was there was no more C award availability for the flights we wanted and there was no guarantee canceling our reservation would open up availability. They did notice that SQ had bounced the reservation back to UA because her passport details didn't match the name on the reservation (of course). They straightened that out, but needless to say this wasn't inspiring any confidence since no one had notified me about the passport issue. If I had believed the agent I talked to on the phone that "everything will be ok" I could have ended up with SQ canceling the reservation and us not finding out until she tried to check-in at PEK.

Next day I called to check availability and still no availability in C. There was, however, availability in F. I decided to bite the bullet, cancelled the C award, redeposited the miles, and booked the F award with the correct name. My girlfriend gets lucky and I'm out 20K more miles, but I'll survive.

UA charged me $100 to redeposit the miles, but I'm planning on writing a letter to try to get that back.

Bottom line is, I would definitely get the name fixed. It's not worth risking your vacation based on assurances from UA or anyone on this board. They are not customs, immigration, or the DHS.

FogCreekCEO

Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:38 am

I spent a few hours learning the phonetic alphabet -- at least, the one I think airlines reservation agents use: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, ..., Yankee, Zulu, and I always use it when spelling my name on the phone. They seem to appreciate that and it cuts down errors.

ua777222
Topic Author

Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:48 am

That's the thing! I did that. I always do. I said " A as in Alpha, L as in Lima, Y as in Yankee, S as in Serria, Another S as in Serria, and A as in Alpha". I know for a fact that I did this b/c she asked if I was a pilot and I told here that I was training for my PPL. I remember that coversation very much so.

For all of you who said that I was making a bigger deal that it needs to be, well close to $7,000 is a lot of $$ to have just hanging on a ticket that might work and might not. Just a simple LETTER!!!! Argggggggg it's bugging me to death. I'm not like flipping out, every UA rep. that I have spoken to has been very nice but in the end they keep telling me the same thing and that's that they can't change it but will note it.

Now when I fly I normally have more than one leg to my final destionation and by my last leg my ticket for that leg is normally toast just from having to put up with me. I flew VIE-FRA/FRA-LAX and it was a LH flight but I checked in at an Austrian desk who printed my ticket in on their pass. When I arrived in LAX for my last leg (LAX-SFO) the gate agent took my ticket and printed me a new one but it was a UA ticket. Is it that simple to print a new ticket or where they just printing the same info on a new peace of paper (i.e. if we did that with two different airlines her name would still have an E).

Oh well it's a ways a way but I thought that it would be best dealt with sooner than later.

Thanks again for the help guys!

Take care all!

Ua777222

[Edited 2004-11-17 22:49:55]

Type-Rated

Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:03 am

yes I will have legal stuff signed to say that we are in control of her

Some questions here:

Who is "we"? Your family/parents? Who else is going on this trip?
A 15 year old can't sign for anything, the "of age" person would have to do this.

What I would like to know is what kind of parents let their 15 year old daughter travel to another continent with her boyfreind? Even if his parents are traveling along the potential for scandal is tremendous.

Let me put it this way, my brother asked his girlfreind to come with him and my parents on a totally supervised trip to Hawaii. They asked her parents and they agreed as long as it was supervised. They went. Both kids got their sex education in Hawaii and somehow her parents found out. Later (3 years) they got married. The parents and inlaws have NEVER spoken another word to each other ever since that trip. See what I mean?
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

Lindy

Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:13 am

Why you didn't buy the ticket online? No mistakes there and it could save you couple of buck.

Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Evolution

Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:04 am

Working in a very large and extremely well known UK travel agency I have seen my fair share of name change problems. However, the booking I had to deal with was quite unbelievable and let it be a warning to everyone!

A passenger booked 2 companion fares with BA through our agency.

The passenger received the documentation a few days later.

The passenger rang to say that they have made a mistake. They have given the middle name instead of the first name that appears on the passport.

Not a big problem you would think? Well BA now refuse to make this type of name change. BA wanted the passenger buy a new tickets! Cutting a long story short, this was likely to cost the passenger over £1000 in new tickets with no refund on the original tickets.

It took 11 phone calls, 14 different people and about 5 hours to sort the passengers mistake out today.

And the end cost for the passenger - £0

flylondon

Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:29 am

when Alyssa applys for a passport she will need her birthcertificate meaning that she will need to have her REAL name

Yeah the birth certificate is the ONLY reason she has to get the passport in her actual name.

Get a life, this isn't a huge thing and happens all the time all over the world.

gigneil

Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:32 am

What I would like to know is what kind of parents let their 15 year old daughter travel to another continent with her boyfreind? Even if his parents are traveling along the potential for scandal is tremendous.

Ugh. Whatever. If the parents are going its one thing. If they're not going, I don't think its possible anyway.

N

ua777222
Topic Author

Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:01 am

Why you didn't buy the ticket online? No mistakes there and it could save you couple of buck.

B/c I used miles and they put us on a route that would be hard as hell to match so I just called up United and them price my route and book it. As to why a 15 year-old would go on a trip with me, I wouldn't do much with her and she wouldn't do what you have in mind with me as well. Really not interested in it at all, I'm not ready and neither is she and I just want to have fun with her. Her parents trust me and her and she's the little sister my sister never had so I don"t think much will happen even if it's something that I wanted to do. My entire family is going together. My brother, sister, mother, father, grandmother, and her and I. But that's a bit off topic.

Get a life, this isn't a huge thing and happens all the time all over the world.

So lets say you buy a brand new car and they give it to you with a fat scratch in the side. You're just going to take it and not worry a thing about it? I'll just ignore the comment.

Thanks again for all the help!

UA777222

luv2fly

Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:07 am

A scratch on a car is a whole lot different than a misspelled name, be real!!!!!!!!!!
You can cut the irony with a knife

RayBolt

Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:15 am

HAHA, earlier this year, NW had me as Anthony instead of Dan...no idea how that happened (was e-ticket booked for me for work). Didn't end up being a problem, but it did take them a half hour at the checkin desk to go through the main office to get it changed.

Dan
You can't join the MHC on the ground.

Trolley Dolley

Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:23 am

Didn't Cat Stevens/Youssef Islam only have one letter off a name on the terrorist watch list that caused his UA flight to get a fighter escort to Bangor?

I wouldn't say it's a major mistake, but UA should be able to fix it. If they were the ones that entered the data, they are responsible for it. Chill out and trust them!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos