Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyMKG
Topic Author

Skyway's ERJ-140 Delivery Date

Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:24 am

According to Embraer's website, Midwest Airlines has 20 ERJ-140s on order for their regional Skyway. Does anybody know approximate delivery dates for these aircraft and what routes they might serve? Hopefully when they get them they'll get rid of the B1900D and start sending the DO328jets to MKG.

FlyMKG

geg2rap

RE: Skyway's ERJ-140 Delivery Date

Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:27 am

Didn't they cancel this order when YX hit financial troubles...correct me if I am wrong
Jeremy

TrappedinMKG

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:46 am

I was under the impression this order was cancelled...Skyway was trying to get a hold of the D328s that should be leaving ACA shortly.

Either way, you'll never see one in MKG...

Skyway1

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:18 am

As I understand it, the ERJ was dead many moons ago.

Anybody have any info on the DoJets Skyway was supposed to take over from ACA???

Chris
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo

lowrider

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:58 pm

Skyway can't cancel the deal because they cannot or will not afford the cancellation penalties. They also cannot complete the deal because they cannot obtain the financing needed. Therefore they simply keep defering delivery. Look for delivery to take place somewhere around the time that YX aquires Northwest.
Proud OOTSK member

Boeing7E7

Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:49 am

I beleive the 140 was pushed back to 2006 and no one has said much lately about the ACA birds.

FlyPNS1

Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:22 am

The FRJ's are under Delta's control at this point. DL so far hasn't been very interested in putting these planes back into service. The FRJ's have now been grounded for over 2 months.

I think DL will try to sell these planes (transfer the leases) to whomever they can. However, it looks less and less likely that these planes will fly in DL Connection colors.

JBo

Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:06 pm

I remember reading somewhere some time ago that among YX's reorganization last year, they altered delivery schedules so that the aqcuisition of the ERJs would begin once they're done receiving the 717s.

As for MKG...I think the best best for seeing FRJs here at the Emerald City is when they start replacing the 1900s.

Otherwise, it would be worth a shot if they tried an experimental deal like NW has with their lone CRJ flight, and do one FRJ flight a day. The best flight would be the early morning one, but seeing as that airplane overnights in MBL, I doubt YX would want their FRJ going up there. We'd have to tweak things if we wanted a morning FRJ flight.

It could be done, though...and I do believe if we got the FRJs into MKG, it would really help us, despite the continual lack of third airline.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos