Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

iadguy73
Topic Author

Skylink Airways To IAD?

Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:04 am

I was browsing the job classified in the Washington Post and there was an ad for various positions for the same airline. After reading it, the airline turned out to be Skylink Airways. When I checked their website there was virtually no information posted about the company, but it seems like a UK (STN) based LCC. I also tried to search the photopages here and found nothing.
My supervisor also told me that there is budget airline coming to IAD with service to the UK, so he must have been talking about the same company.

Can anyone tell me more about Skylink Airways and if they are really coming to Dulles? Thank you.

GMUAirbusA320

RE: Skylink Airways To IAD?

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:51 am

IADguy73-
Yes, they are planning on flying out of IAD. I know someone who works within their company. Currently, they're still in the planning stages. TRUST ME!! Sounds like it'll be a few months before they start rolling.

Cheers,
GMUAirbusA320

backfire

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:40 am

I understand that SkyLink is actually basing itself at BWI and will operate low-fare services to the UK and Germany, among other European countries, using a 767.

hawaiian717

Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:26 am

Well, their mailing address is at IAD.

http://www.skylinkairways.com/

David / ABQ

malaysia

Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:38 am

God darn it, Independence Air needs its proposed A340-500 routes

Skylink should fly for Independence Air
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

malaysia

Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:42 am

Hope Skylink does fall in the same situation as Laker Airways did with its Skytrain service, mmm Skylink and Skytrain almost sound similiar. I bet someone at skylink copied the skytrain idea and of course a 767 will fare better than a DC-10
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

SpyLink

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:31 am

Here's a dupe of my post from the two other recent SkyLink threads (that's it for me today, I promise -- I've got work to do!):

Hello Everyone,

Let me start out by introducing myself. I am a manager at SkyLink headquarters, and several of us actively browse (and infrequently post under less obvious user names) aviation forums on the internet, especially this one.

This company was started by aviation enthusiasts, albeit with differing levels of success and at different points in their career, with the same passion for aviation you all possess. Else, why would we be here?

While you are probably skeptical of this "paper airline" right now, and maybe even question the validity of this username and post, I assure you that this doubt will be put to rest as we go forward with developing this airline, and as you continue to read my anonymous posts and see these assertions become facts over time.

First things first:
The lack of information about this airline -- seen in the low profile our management team has kept, and the rudimentary (if not downright amateur Big grin) design of our website is... deliberate.

Folks, understand that we only have once chance to make a first impression on potential customers and prospects -- including you. Our marketing plan is not half-baked. In fact, we are going to be doing a lot of surprising things to generate (as free as possible Big grin) publicity in the coming months.

Most importantly, I would like to point out that what little of us has been in the media has been, well... misinformation. BUT that's by design. Sure, the Post (and other earlier newspaper) articles have the STN part right, but by no means are any other details correct.

We don't have our certificate yet. There are still proving runs and other backend work to accomplish. So, technically we *are* a paper airline; however, we are *far from acting like one*. We are going full speed ahead with the development of our product that will, frankly, surprise.

Expect to see more about our plan, brand, our route(s), our aircraft, and our website as we get closer to certification.

----------------
Here's a hint:
jetBlue Airways, Inc. did not start out as such.
----------------

I look forward to keeping you all in the loop... albeit as discreetly as possible.
Don't believe everything you read.

iadguy73
Topic Author

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:54 am

Thanks for the scoop SpyLink. Whatever is your business model, it's always refreshing to see new airlines with innovative products and services. I think there would be a great niche for non-legacies (LCC or charter) to finally move into transatlantic service on a larger scale. I'm looking forward to your unveiling.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Lindy

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:41 am

It looks like they will be flying from JFK not from BWI.

Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos