Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

BMED
Topic Author

Skylink Airways

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:14 pm

Does anyone have information on this company?
They are recruiting for Cabin Crew to be based at London Stansted and they say they are an US company to fly long haul. Thats all I know about them.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

nycflyer

RE: Skylink Airways

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:22 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40193-2005Jan26.html

in today's Washington Post. hopes to do LCC flights from BWI to Stansted. let's see if this actually happens

voodoo

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:34 pm

Hmmm well an obvious choice of endpoints.
BWI= Southwest
STN= Ryanair, Easyjet, Air Berlin, Germanwings, et al
But once, as a passenger, you start do-it-yourself interlining (i.e. not) with different LCCs, any lower cost can quickly be destroyed by delays etc.
` Yeaah! Baade 152! Trabi of the Sky! '

backfire

Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:37 pm

If the Washington Post has only just picked up on Skylink, it's been very slow about it. This plan's been reported on in the aviation press for months.

SpyLink

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:17 am

Hello Everyone,

Let me start out by introducing myself. I am a manager at SkyLink headquarters, and several of us actively browse (and infrequently post under less obvious user names) aviation forums on the internet, especially this one.

This company was started by aviation enthusiasts, albeit with differing levels of success and at different points in their career, with the same passion for aviation you all possess. Else, why would we be here?

While you are probably skeptical of this "paper airline" right now, and maybe even question the validity of this username and post, I assure you that this doubt will be put to rest as we go forward with developing this airline, and as you continue to read my anonymous posts and see these assertions become facts over time.

First things first:
The lack of information about this airline -- seen in the low profile our management team has kept, and the rudimentary (if not downright amateur  Big grin) design of our website is... deliberate.

Folks, understand that we only have once chance to make a first impression on potential customers and prospects -- including you. Our marketing plan is not half-baked. In fact, we are going to be doing a lot of surprising things to generate (as free as possible  Big grin) publicity in the coming months.

Most importantly, I would like to point out that what little of us has been in the media has been, well... misinformation. BUT that's by design. Sure, the Post (and other earlier newspaper) articles have the STN part right, but by no means are any other details correct.

We don't have our certificate yet. There are still proving runs and other backend work to accomplish. So, technically we *are* a paper airline; however, we are *far from acting like one*. We are going full speed ahead with the development of our product that will, frankly, surprise.

Expect to see more about our plan, brand, our route(s), our aircraft, and our website as we get closer to certification.

----------------
Here's a hint:
jetBlue Airways, Inc. did not start out as such.
----------------

I look forward to keeping you all in the loop... albeit as discreetly as possible.
Don't believe everything you read.

airtran737

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:38 am

BWI also equals AirTran. Southwest is busy trying to incorporate one codeshare, I don't think that they want another.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

iadguy73

Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:01 am

I started a tread on Skylinks 4 days ago.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

LAXintl

Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:30 am

Do a search in the DOT site under SkyLink Airways. You'll find about 50 entries with everything from business plans, routes, aircraft, financials, and investors. Projects been in works for a while.

http://dms.dot.gov/

From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

coyoteguy

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:16 am

I'm sure this is not the same case, and that Skylink is on the way to being reality, but always the sceptic, I will ask if anyone remembers Ceilidh and Caledonian Wings? As I said, I'm sure I'm wrong.... but if I am right, you heard it here first!

Actually, I think I saw something about this in an English newspaper months ago?

gift4tbone

Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:05 am

"Here's a hint:
jetBlue Airways, Inc. did not start out as such."

Whats that supposed to mean?! that Jetblue didnt start out as an airline? I'm wicked confused. If ANYONE understand that comments, please explain it to me, thx.

[email protected]
Top 3 airports: PVD 22.1%(142 flights), PHL 13.6%(87 flights), PHX 9.3%(60 flights)

SpyLink

Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:57 pm

It's not that hard of a riddle. Just study up on jetBlue's history. In fact, I see that the Washington Post actually said it for me.

SHUPirate1

Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:59 pm

SpyLink-I figure I should use this forum to state, publicly, that I have put in my application to become the General Manager at JFK...
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

SpyLink

Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:02 am

SHUPirate1:

Best of luck. We are trying to be as selective as jetBlue, so really practice your interviewing skills: hire the right people, and you'll get the best results. And show your passion for aviation, as that will put you far ahead of most applicants.

sunilgupta

Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:03 am

Whats that supposed to mean?! that Jetblue didnt start out as an airline? I'm wicked confused. If ANYONE understand that comments, please explain it to me, thx.

http://airlines.afriqonline.com/airlines/717.htm

The Washington Post article states "The company also must pick a new carrier name: It will give up "SkyLink" to avoid a trademark dispute with a Canadian travel firm known as SkyLink Aviation Inc."

Sunil

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos