Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aviationhack
Topic Author

Purchasing Upgrades

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:36 pm

I fly about 5-8 times per year, mostly with AA, and have reviewed the upgrade section quite a bit. I've never upgraded from coach to first or business, usually save my miles for a "free" flight. I'm going to be flying from DEN to MQT, and will be connecting from DEN to a 777 in DFW to ORD, and was wondering how the heck the upgrade system works. To upgrade from coach to business, will I have to pay the miles plus $25 per 500 mile upgrade, or is it only $25 for the segment.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

zona8

RE: Purchasing Upgrades

Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:56 pm

It's $25 per 500 miles IF YOU ARE AN ELITE MEMBER (ie gold, plat or exe plat) OR you are a general member flying FULL FARE Y or B class.

Aviationhack
Topic Author

Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:06 pm

Thanks Zona8,

I'm a Gold member, but have never purchased an upgrade, have had them given to me with AA several times at no cost, but flying on the 777 on a domestic flight is enough of an upgrade for me  Smile

Also will be flying through STL on the return trip, haven't been there since my trip to basic training at Ft. Leanord Wood, looking forward to seeing the STL again.

deltairlines

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:20 pm

Also, I believe with AA Gold, it's a free 4 500 mile upgrades per 10,000 miles flown...you should check your bank on your AAdvantage profile...it says it right in it.

Jeff

nealcg

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:38 pm

Just out of curioisty how did you obtain Gold status with AA flying only 5 to 8 times a Year? Were they all to Asia?

Aviationhack
Topic Author

Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:51 pm

Nealcg,

I only fly 5-8 times per year, but each time I travel, it's usually a tour of the country, visiting friends and relatives with many segments.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos