Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MAH4546
Topic Author

AA Starting DFW-CMI

Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:47 am

Amerian Airlines is adding new service between Dallas and Champagin, Illinois this spring, starting 3 April 2005:

AA 3451 DFW 1810-2008 CMI ER4 Daily
AA 3450 CMI 0740-0947 DFW ER4 Daily

This follows the recent introducting of non-stop Dallas-Peoria flights.
a.

texdravid

RE: AA Starting DFW-CMI

Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:53 am

dfw REGIONAL airport.

While other airports start stuff like ORD-PEK or SFO-Vietnam, is this what passes for news at DFW airport?

Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

LambertMan

Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:01 am

Champaign will be thrilled with that, PIA and BMI are its main rivals. They have been trying to get more flights for years now, it certainly is a nice little airport. That is where the University of Illinois aviation program is and where I almost called home....

OPNLguy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:13 am

>>>dfw REGIONAL airport.

Actually, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport...

Hasn't been "Regional" in ages...  Big grin
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

ssides

Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:19 am

I don't think this is "big" news at DFW, but it's definitely big at CMI.

Just because it's announced here on A.net, don't think it's "big" news. MAH4546 always has the scoop on new service from just about every airport. I appreciate his postings here.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

ConcordeBoy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:20 am

dfw REGIONAL airport.

Oh get the hell over it already.  Insane

It's almost to the realm of ridiculous how DFW members whine about a "lack" of int'l operations at an airport that can get you to 32 foreign destinations on four continents nonstop; despite the fact that it's in the virtual backyard of one of the most powerful int'l markets in the nation.

Try dropping from 19 int'l + 5 intercontinental nonstops to nothing but Canada/Honduras...... then b!tch to the choir  Yeah sure
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

texdravid

Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:10 am

Sorry if the news bothers you, Concordeboy, but the truth hurts!

DFW is lame for international operations compared to its brethren, like IAH, ATL. No one, not me especially, tries to compare it to JFK, or LHR, but only to its equal airports in terms of size and the cities in which they reside.

While it is true that you can get to many international destinations, most are in Mexico/Latin America, and most international destinations are served by the regional dictator, AA.

Flights to Europe and Asia, using international carrier metal is lame.
This new terminal D has added exactly ZERO new international carriers.

All of this from this country's eighth largest metropolis, with the world's third largest airport!!

Just because you are from New Orleans, doesn't mean you are right if you think DFW people are spoiled with their airline/destination choices.

ERJ170

Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:16 am

Try dropping from 19 int'l + 5 intercontinental nonstops to nothing but Canada/Honduras...... then b!tch to the choir.

Hehehe.. that's right.. or try going from 4 international destinations to just 2, and one of those being the most famous subsidized route in the WORLD!!!! Try having nonstop service to less than 50 destiantions instead of the HUNDREDs found at the DFW REGIONAL International Airport..

Guess you can't make everybody happy.. but for the "haves" to bitch when the "have nots" have not.. well, I'm pheshizzled!
Aiming High and going far..

OPNLguy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:22 am

>>>Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport

Think how -those- folks feel....  Big grin
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

ConcordeBoy

Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:28 am

but the truth hurts!

Yet it doesn't exist anywhere in your statements, ergo point irrelevant.

DFW is lame for international operations compared to its brethren, like IAH, ATL.

Compared to them, yes... just as they are compared to JFK/MIA/LAX.
That in no way relegates DFW to "regional" status.

This new terminal D has added exactly ZERO new international carriers.

Yeah, especially since it's in full swing and operating so beautifully.  Yeah sure

Review history and give it time-- BWI new int'l facility opening is a great example to follow.

All of this from this country's eighth largest metropolis, with the world's third largest airport!!

...with a sh!tty position for int'l connections beyond central America, and a much more powerful international market a few miles to the southeast. Regardless, DFW has done pretty well despite.

Plenty of other large/medium aviation markets, both hub and non-hub, share those two exact same problems; yet haven't fared NEARLY as well as DFW has in terms of maintaining their own nonstops.

Just because you are from New Orleans, doesn't mean you are right if you think DFW people are spoiled with their airline/destination choices.

How about the nearly 400 other American communities with less international nonstop choice than DFW residents... they wrong too?  Nuts

jetBlue

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:30 pm

It'd be nice if they flew non-stop from DFW to SBN.  Sad

jetBlue
We know for you it's not just a seat on a flight to a place. It's a seat on a flight to your life.

aeroc

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:36 pm

Where are the DFW-ROC? BUF is getting one where is ours?

kbuf737

Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:03 pm

YEah what happened to that AA BUF-DFW Mainline (S80) during peak season and regional (ER4) during off-season ?
The tower? Rapunzel!!!!!!

aeroc

Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:45 pm

Its called A union and they suck!!!! I wish you guys would get the mainline service back from DFW. The Union has the five year deal with all airports from BUF to ALB stating that no mainline service can come back for five years after AA pulls out unless AA employees are called back to work the flights. So I think that AMR was just testing the water with those flights to see if the Unions would catch on and they did. To bad, but at least your getting DFW!

texdravid

Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:52 pm

Concordeboy,

Your statements about MY veracity is laughable!

You never disqualified my statement that the new Terminal D has not attracted one new international carrier. Who cares how it handles domestic service? That's not the point.

What you and others fail to grasp is that the Dallas Fort Worth region is the nation's 8th largest metropolis and other regions with LESS population than DFW have more international choices and routes. Plain and simple. DFW doesn't have service to AMS for Pete's sake!!

The argument that DFW is poorly positioned for international traffic is bull.
We have excellent weather, good midcountry postioning, and if you transit here, it is about 3 hours to anywhere in the continental U.S.

We at DFW deserve better, and no one at airports such as New Orleans should suggest otherwise. Don't use your own frustration with MSY to lessen DFW's failures.

MSYtristar

Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:37 pm

Texdravid, EVERY airport deserves better. I think DFW is in pretty decent shape on the international front. Perhaps the demand does not warrant a nonstop to AMS right now. FRA, LGW, CDG all do the job well most likely. And don't forget NRT. That's pretty "international" to me.

By the way, it's absurd to compare Dallas with New Orleans. Just silly.

stlgph

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:18 am

Good for Champaign. I would be willing to bet that the flight loads will be full with the morning west bound connections, plus the connections to cities you can't get to from Chicago. I wonder if this will hurt American Connection business from Champaign.

Wonder when they will begin service to Dallas from Bloomington.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

jsnww81

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:09 am

I grew up in Dallas and it's true there's not a lot of variety. But the destinations that American can get you to is staggering... DFW offers as much global connectivity as other hubs its size.

Yes, in a perfect world it'd be nice to see a whole bunch of pretty international tails lined up at Terminal D. Yes, DFW once had serve from Japan Airlines, Sabena, Air France, Thai and Air New Zealand. Yes, the endless procession of MD80s gets tiring, but...

... the folks in DFW should be glad to have such commitment from American, especially in light of the 'commitment' American has shown to St. Louis, Nashville, Raleigh/Durham and San Jose. American might defend the market mercilessly and charge high airfares, but they've also developed the airport enormously. Delta never put the kind of investment into DFW that American has.

A lot of multicolored foreign tails does not guarantee a successful airport. I'm sure DFW would take extra flights from American (including new service like the Champaign flight, which means more passenger feed for potential new overseas routes) over a bunch of foreign "prestige" carriers any day.

If you find DFW boring, move to Miami, New York or Los Angeles. You'll get all the pretty colors you want there.

kbmiflyer

Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:04 am

Wonder when they will begin service to Dallas from Bloomington.

I am hoping for the same thing. However, it appears the PIA and CMI are AA's focus in Central Illinois right now. Both airports will have over 10 flights a day to STL, DFW, and ORD.

BMI, on the other hand, appears to be losing their late morning flight to ORD starting April. This will put us at 2 flights a day to STL, and only 3 to ORD. In comparison, PIA has 6 ORD flights, and CMI has 7.

Fortunately for me, PIA is only 30 minutes and CMI is only about 50 minutes away. So I still have lots of options.

ConcordeBoy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:05 am

You never disqualified my statement that the new Terminal D has not attracted one new international carrier.

Nor could/would I. All I did was follow up with the caveat: "yet"

Who cares how it handles domestic service? That's not the point.

...not that that point even raised

What you and others fail to grasp is that the Dallas Fort Worth region is the nation's 8th largest metropolis

I understand that quite well thank you  Insane

and other regions with LESS population than DFW have more international choices and routes. Plain and simple.

'cuz it isn't about population bub; it's about international business flow, and proximity to stronger/weaker markets. Plain and simple.

Face it:
Ft Worth is nice, Dallas is big... but both of their combined international business patronage ain't jack sh!t compared to Houston.

Ergo, the fact that they even maintain the level of service they do is an accomplishment per se for that airport and its home airline.

DFW doesn't have service to AMS for Pete's sake!!

Nor does AA's operation in totality. Deal.

Of course, all you need do is take a gander to the south and see how much service to Amsterdam IAH enjoys. Again, proximity to a stronger market.

The argument that DFW is poorly positioned for international traffic is

...100% accurate, discounting the Central American market.

DFW is not a coastal gateway, most international carriers would be backtracking to feed passengers thereto.

Like ORD, DFW's got sufficient O&D/hub-potential to override this shortcoming so far as largest European hubs and the 2nd largest Asian international hub goes..... but that's about it.

We have excellent weather, good midcountry postioning

Midcountry positioning is about the worst you can have for intercon ops:
witness SLC, STL, DEN, and well... DFW.

and if you transit here, it is about 3 hours to anywhere in the continental U.S.

Which is great if you're a domestic hub:
witness again, SLC, STL, MEM, DEN, and DFW

We at DFW deserve better

In classic MSY-CDG argumentative style:
if you "deserve" it, why aren't you getting it?  Nuts

Don't use your own frustration with MSY to lessen DFW's failures.

Frustrated though I may be, at least I can 1) realize why my market receives the little int'l service it does and 2) be thankful that I have at least that when so many other markets (our size and larger in population/catchment) do not.

MAH4546
Topic Author

Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:24 am

The argument that DFW is poorly positioned for international traffic is

...100% accurate, discounting the Central American market.

It is not even that great as a connecting point for Central America. Miami is the closest major US city to Central America. MIA-SJO, for example, is more than 600mi shorter than DFW-SJO.
a.

MSYtristar

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:17 am

MAH, well said. I just need to add that MIA is by far the better city. That was not relevant to the conversation, but it had to be said.

texdravid

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:25 am

So therefore, just because JFK enjoys a certain amount of flights to AMS, that automatically should discourage air carriers from flying there from Philly, which is just 90 miles from NYC?

DFW could support AMS service, regardless of IAH being nearby. Maybe not daily but at least seasonal.

DFW has plenty of international business ties and needs for direct flights, thank you. I am not asking for DFW-Moscow for crying out loud...just the usual European cities that even Cincinnati gets!!

The real reason that DFW sucks for international traffic is that AA(regardless of the fact that it is the largest U.S. airline) is very timid in starting new international routes, and probably doesn't have the appropriate aircraft anyway. What AA does do is protect its DFW turf very well.

I sometimes dream what would happen if AA would let its DFW guard down sometimes....

ConcordeBoy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:39 am

DFW could support AMS service, regardless of IAH being nearby. Maybe not daily but at least seasonal. DFW has plenty of international business ties and needs for direct flights, thank you.

Switch DFW/AMS to MSY/CDG and you get the same jaded tale that no one wants to hear.... catch the drift Dundee?  Yeah sure

The real reason that DFW sucks for international traffic is that AA *** is very timid in starting new international routes

Tell that to Miami  Laugh out loud

and probably doesn't have the appropriate aircraft anyway.

...exactly what magical aircraft are they missing that would turn DFW into a bustling LHR/CDG-like international supergateway?  Nuts

MSYtristar

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:45 am

DFW-AMS has not been started, most likely, due to two things: 1) Demand. I know it's hard for residents of a "booming" metropolis to realzie that not every market can be served nonstop from your city. 2) Proximity to IAH, which is the true European (and overall Intercontinental) hub for Texas and the Gulf South region.

Show me numbers stating DFW-AMS O&D traffic and I may back off from #1. Not #2 however.

MAH4546
Topic Author

Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:45 am

The real reason that DFW sucks for international traffic is that AA *** is very timid in starting new international routes

Timid? Launched/announced in the past year or so:

MIA-SKB/MAN/MVD/BDA/LIR/UVF
JFK-BRU/YHZ
LGA-BDA/NAS
LAX-SJO/SAL/NRT
DFW-CZM/ZIH/NAS/SLP/CUU/TRC/EZE/KIX
BOS-SNN/MAN/YUL/YHZ
ORD-DUB/NGO
SDQ-SXM/ANU
ANU-NEV
FLL-PAP

a.

AA787

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:05 pm

I'm from New York. I see airlines that I never knew existed. They fly here because we have business/ leisure/ cargo and LOCATION.

Being in the northeast we are right along the route to most destinations in the US from Europe. DFW is not. DFW is too far south. Nobody north of Texas (whether its LAS or PIT) would want to fly AA to Europe out of DFW if they can go out of JFK, BOS or ORD. Those airports are along the way. IT TAKES LESS TIME TO TRAVEL!!! Most people prefer that when they fly (contrary to most of us a.netters here who go out of our way to see new planes etc.).

DFW is in great location for Latin American (if your connecting from the south). If I wanted to go to SCL on AA I would go to MIA, because it is ALONG the way. If I lived in SEA though, DFW would be better because it is ALONG the way. GET IT?

If Dallas/ Ft.Worth had enough demand for DFW-AMS, AA would fly it. Instead it seems that AA would rather fly to LGW, ZRH, FRA, and CDG and I think it is because the people at AA did a lot of research and decided that those routes would make the most money. Plain and simple.

AA787

stlgph

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:22 pm

AA...you're from New York. All of your origin examples are Red States. Enough said.  Big grin

stlgph

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:27 pm

KBMI -

Agreed, but then again you have to remember AA Eagle has more competition at Bloomington, too.

They have United Express, Northwest Express, AirTran, and of course feed through American Connection.

Whereas at Peoria or Champaign, they have almost usually always been the dominate carrier with little or no competition since TWA went out.

N1120A

Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:51 pm

>with the world's third largest airport!!<

By land area? If you are going by passengers, it is 7th. Go by O&D and you sink farther
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

BA

Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:46 pm

By land area? If you are going by passengers, it is 7th. Go by O&D and you sink farther

Yes by land area.

The largest is Riyadh King Khalid Int'l (RUH) in Saudi Arabia, followed by Denver Int'l (DEN), followed by Dallas/Ft. Worth Int'l (DFW).

I think after Dallas is Jeddah King Abdulaziz Int'l (JED), but I'm not 100% sure.

Getting to the topic about DFW. I have to say that proximity DOES greatly affect the amount of international service (and service in general) a city gets. Take Philadelphia for example which is a city with over 6 million.

Yet if you think about it, the amount of international service it gets is minimal for such a large city. Why? Because it is close to New York.

I honestly think DFW is quite well served, thanks to AA. If AA did not have a hub in DFW, then DFW may possibly have a few more international carriers. It should be kept in mind though that AA's international service from DFW also do greatly rely on connections and it is not all O&D into DFW.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

kbmiflyer

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:20 am

STLgph,

Both CMI and PIA have Delta connection now, which we don't have here at BMI. And I think both still have NW Airlink also. CMI doesn't have United Express, but PIA does. I do agree though that American Eagle / American Connection is dominant at both airports, but they are second behind Airtran here.

It is a bit of a double edge sword having an LCC here. Airtran keeps fares low and offers mainline service to the southeast, but the presence also discourages the other carriers from expanding here, making it more difficult to get good connections to areas other than the southeast.

ConcordeBoy

Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:51 am

Land area and Movements.

AA787

Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:48 am

STLGph- What does your post mean? I am from a blue state and I am proud of it. My examples were random.

Don't make stupid claims about my posts. I'm a democrat and your attacks on people make this forum less fun. This is AIRLINERS.net we talk about airliners here.

AA787

coiahtx

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:00 am

Texdravid:
Dont like it? Pack up and move to sunny IAH. You won't have a problem finding internationals here!

ConcordeBoy

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:19 am

You won't have a problem finding internationals here!

...with plenty more who are looking at coming, now that the new IAB is up and running  Big grin

stlgph

Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:32 am

AA--

A little airliners meets geography went over your head there. Settle down.

KMBI--

I think BMI is trying to lure Frontier Express back into the airport. That would be a great LCC going out to the west. AirTran I think definitely think has kept some of the other carriers from coming in, hence why Delta Connection probably went into Champaign and Peoria, rather than Bloomington.

On the other hand, look at Springfield. With Chicago Express pulling out, what are they left with...American Connection and United Express? For the state seat of government and a population well over 100,000 people, I am surprised they don't have more air service, or Eagle flights. I would suspect a lot are drawn up to driving up to Bloomington or south to St. Louis.

SegmentKing

Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:20 am

BMI is trying to get Horizon / Frontier JE back to BMI with 2 daily flights.

CMI-DFW was at request of ADM / Archer Daniels Midland who has dedicated over $100 million a year in travel to American, which is one of the Gems American picked up when they pilferaged TWA, although ADM is based in Decatur. About 25% of all of ADM's travels are to South America and the connections thru St. Louis out of DEC and then MIA are aweful. I know my father has done these flights many times to Brazil & Guatemala, and even had SO MUCH time for his connection I was able to fly up to Miami & take him to South Beach for lunch.

American Eagle also flew to DFW from SPI, making a stop in Springfield (the OTHER one). The ATR-72 flew ORD-SPI-SGF-DFW and it averaged about 15 boardings a flight to DFW out of SPI.

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

stlgph

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:36 am

I believe they used to do the ATR into SPI via DEC. Not sure when they dropped that route, but I also remember Eagle flying CMI-BNA, too.

texdravid

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:28 pm

COIAHTX:

Thanks for the invite...already have moved to South Texas since March.

IAH at 2-4 pm is awesome with BA, LH, AF, KLM, tons of CO big birds.
IAH is the spotter's airport in Texas!!

Too bad DFW won't ever join, but oh well!!

TWFirst

Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:43 am

>Both CMI and PIA have Delta connection now, which we don't have here at BMI. And I think both still have NW Airlink also.<<

Yes, both do have NW Airlink... PIA to MSP and CMI to DTW.

I'm surprised that Delta Connection isn't at BMI and American Eagle doesn't have Dallas flights from BMI... BMI, aka Central Illinois REGIONAL airport is a gem, and ideally located to serve the ENTIRE Central Illinois region (PIA, SPI, BMI, DEC, CMI) and has the best facilities by far.

Nate... if ADM is supporting the CMI-DFW flight, then why is it being from from CMI instead of DEC?
An unexamined life isn't worth living.

kbmiflyer

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:39 am

I'm surprised that Delta Connection isn't at BMI and American Eagle doesn't have Dallas flights from BMI... BMI, aka Central Illinois REGIONAL airport is a gem, and ideally located to serve the ENTIRE Central Illinois region (PIA, SPI, BMI, DEC, CMI) and has the best facilities by far.

I agree with you that in terms of facility and location, BMI is the best airport. The new terminal is great, with free parking to boot. I wish we would get AE to DFW. From reading some local news articles last year, I get the idea we lost out on a battle to get DFW flights last year, with the flights going to PIA instead.

I don't think American and the BMI airport staff get along all that well. American poorly handled a schedule change a few years ago when they shifted all operations out of BMI to STL, removing our 4 ORD flights (this is back when AA had just taken over TWA and was trying to divert some traffic from ORD to STL). One of the American employees incorrectly promised that although we were losing our 4 ERJ flights to ORD, the 8 a day flights to STL would be upgraded from J31's and ATR's to ERJs. American retracted that a day later, which put some bad blood between the airport and American. I am not sure if that has healed yet.

In terms of Delta Connection, I don't think they want to go head to head with Airtran here to ATL. I think we could support flights to CVG, but I think CMI gave them a boatload of concessions to get them to go there.

As mentioned earlier, BMI has been trying to lure Frontier Express back. That would be great for me, since most of my flying is to the west coast. There has also been talk of non-stop service to DCA or LGA on US Air Express, but I haven't heard much about that for a while.

CaptOveur

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:41 am

"AA Starting DFW-CMI"

I hope they called all 50 people in that city personally to tell them.

Does this even constitute news?
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

TWFirst

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:44 am

Perhaps you should get out an almanac before you look like an idiot, CaptOveur... CMI serves an area of close to 400,000.

TWFirst

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:47 am

>>There has also been talk of non-stop service to DCA or LGA on US Air Express, but I haven't heard much about that for a while.<<

And... of course now, we probably won't hear about that any more. But if the CMI-CVG route fizzles... maybe (who is it.. Comair?) would move it to BMI.

Would also LOVE to see BMI-CLE or even BMI-EWR on Continental Express.... have you heard any rumors to that effect?

stlgph

Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:09 am

Cptn is just making shots against Champaign because he couldn't get into U of I.

From what I understand, Delta Connection has been doing fairly well into Champaign and Peoria. I would love to see Continental Express come in here...a flight a day to Newark maybe one to Cleveland, perhaps one to Houston, I bet you could put some passengers on at least four flights a day. Then again, they'd have a bit of a battle ahead of them getting name recognition. But if AirTran can do it, almost anyone can.

Also, I have always been puzzled by the lack of service from Chicago to downstate Illinois by United. Then again, come to think of it, it's United, so I'm really not at all surprised.

SegmentKing

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:12 am

the ADM support for CMI-DFW is also coupled with some guarantees from the U of I and a few of the technology companies in Champaign (btw, did you A-nutters know that Flight Sim was developed in Champaign).

DEC to DFW doesn't have enough traffic to justify its own flight, plus the numbers at the airport have been slowly going down year-over-year.

ADM employees & management have gotten used to driving to BMI/CMI and SPI (huh... all end with I..)

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos