Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dl757md
Topic Author

Delta Operation Clockwork A Success!

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:58 am

From the Delta News Network.

During the first 10 days of Operation Clockwork, on-time performance improved, airport waits decreased and Delta customers had a significantly improved travel experience.

Atlanta set a record for on-time arrivals on Feb. 5: More than 96% of all flights arrived within 15 minutes of schedule. On Feb. 2, a day with extremely low visibility, on-time performance was between 6% and 10% higher than the same days a year before – as much as 22% higher than days with similar weather conditions.

By spreading flights more evenly, Delta's new schedule also reduced airport congestion. Wait times in Atlanta dropped by an average of 35 minutes on the past two Mondays, traditionally the busiest time of the week at security checkpoints. As a result of improved aircraft use, Delta has successfully launched more than 80 additional flights from Atlanta.

I know 10 days doesn't mean the concept of Operation Clockwork is a success. It is, however, a good sign.

Any Delta FFs have any good or bad experiences to relate to Clockwork Orange?

Dl757Md
757 Most beautiful airliner in the sky!

DAL767400ER

RE: Delta Operation Clockwork A Success!

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:48 am

I like this news. Always positive to see less delays at DL, though it will probably take until the release of the February data to see the effect on the loads, and the Q1 results on how these changes played out financially.

ATLFlyer323

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:47 am

YAAAA finally!!!!!!!!!! Sorry just had to say that I know it can be pretty crowded at ATL now maybe some people will stop complaining about ATL being to congested......well Maybe not but Im happy to hear that. Now we get even more destinations and flights!!! Have to say I love what DL and FL do for ATL.
Thanks,
Brandon
Everyday, the fluffy temptation of wheat!

Alitalia744

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:55 am

i'll let you know, i'm flying through ATL on Friday and again on Monday, hopefully no delays.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

deltaffindfw

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:20 am

I've flown in and out of ATL 4 times in the past few weeks. We arrived early every time and - guess what - the gate was open!!

Kudos to DL for making ATL a lot less painful!

B4REAL

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:05 am

I have read of this success, but in the small world of DL that I care about (My market - GRR ), I've noticed some disturbing patterns since the start of the op'clock.

The Delta Connection flights (I've only had 2 trips this year) from GRR, especially the morning flights, are mostly late. Today they were fine, I think, but there has been some bad patterns that I have been observing. The Comair and Atlantic Southeast flights going to CVG and GRR were incurring more delays than usual here. I don't have any stats on it, but since Jan 31, I've watched the flights almost every day and have been very surprised at how untimely they have been.

My travel season starts back up @ the end of this month and I'll still be on DL, but I'm a little concerned. Any know anything about anything on the DL connection side?
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds & @RickVanover on Twitter

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos